Toyota FT-86 Concept II '11 multiple DLC issue

• Thread starter spunwicked
  • 289 comments
Also the car is tradable so for those who are extra cheap just ask a friend to give you one or go on the trading forum. Have 2 now :)

I had previously purchased the Complete Pack, didn't get the car so just bought the paint pack again and received it no problem, feel I got stiffed a bit but it's Christmas so they probably need the money for more Sake or something. ;)

I purchased the Complete Pack twice by accident back in October and I haven't received the Concept 86 ticket at all, only the normal version :ill:

I purchased the complete pack (1 item) and got the car with no problems; so it must be a bug ...

Edit: when it came out a few weeks ago; not today. Apparently you get the car gifted to your GT5 account from where you bought the DLC; so don't confuse account ...

I purchased the Complete Pack twice by accident back in October and I haven't received the Concept 86 ticket at all, only the normal version :ill:

That's what has been discovered. It has been said that buying the paint pack one more time unlocks the car. I don't know for sure though as I am at work. Will try it myself when I get home.

I bought the complete pack in release and when I saw that you could get the concept car I went to the PS store an hour ago and bought a paint pack. Now I got the ticket for the concept car.

I can confirm this. Purchased complete pack on release, purchased extra paints today after update, received concept car upon logging back in to GT Life.

There is a chance that the concept car will become available if you buy the new dlc that's coming tomorrow... so if you bought the previous complete pack and the new dlc, that's multiple dlc's = concept car gift. I think that's how they must have been thinking at the PD hq, and the "obtain by buying a second old dlc pack" is probably a glitch that they didn't think of...

At least, it would make sense if it was like that, because it's pretty stupid if you have to buy a second copy of something you already bought.

just read the release notes again:

Toyota 86 GT ’12 will be available to all players who install the 2.02 update.

The Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL. and five New Car Refresh cards will be provided to customers purchasing any DLC packs released in October 2011.

I have purchased full dlc package 2 times on same acc(got blonde moment).Today I purchased paint pack..well store took moneys but cant see my paint package in downloadable contents?But my userinformation services list shows special paint package remaining 2??
AND I dont still have Toyota FT-86 Concept II '11

Last edited:
So the 86 GT is given to anyone who updates, the kart for anyone who bought the complete pack, and a FT86 concept II for those who only bought one of the DLC?

I'm a bit confused here. I didn't know there was a concept II

just read the release notes again:

Toyota 86 GT ’12 will be available to all players who install the 2.02 update.

The Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL. and five New Car Refresh cards will be provided to customers purchasing any DLC packs released in October 2011.

yes that car can also buy on ncd but peoples are talking Toyota FT-86 Concept II '11

This was in response to the people that were buying multiple copies of DLC for sub accts, not for people who just picked which bits of the DLC to purchase, thats what they meant by purchasing multiple DLC packs since before 2.02 the DLC was not available to all sub accts on the PS3 after purchasing just once. There were a lot of people who realized that and went and bought a 2nd or 3rd or more copies of the same DLCs for their sub accts, that what the Concept II is for.

I know I went in circles, but I hope you get the point

So does this mean there are FOUR 86's? Why are purchasers of the Complete Pack being punished (or flipped the bird depending on mood)?

You aren't.
The complete pack was heavily discounted for all the content. How would getting everything with a discount make you entitled to a bonus? Imagine buying everything seperately, PD's profits would increase by nearly 50%.

To recap:
Toyota GT 86 '12: Simply update to 2.02.
Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL: A gift for purchasing the DLC back in October.
Toyta FT-86 Concept II '11: A gift for purchasing any two different pieces of the October DLC on the same account. (Got the complete pack? Buy a paint pack to obtain the Concept.)
Confirmed this myself.

Last edited:
I advise everyone to wait until the 21st and buy the new car pack. MAYBE that will grant you access to the Toyota FT-86 Concept II '11. If it doesn't, all you need to do is buy the paint pack afterwards.

I advise everyone to wait until the 21st and buy the new car pack. MAYBE that will grant you access to the Toyota FT-86 Concept II '11. If it doesn't, all you need to do is buy the paint pack afterwards.

That's what I'll do, for sure.

Or...

Can you gift the DLC suits/paints now with 2.02? If so, I might buy them for my second account (used solely for racing with my G27).

So...the answer to my own questions: No and no.

Last edited:

Surely this is how the car becomes more widely available to those who purchased the full pack in October.

Is it confirmed that it has to be "The October DLC"?
I'm asking because maybe if you buy the second car pack (the one with Golf R etc.) it counts as a second DLC needed to get the FT-86 II.

ps. sorry if my English is bad.

Is the concept 2 trade-able?

If so I suggest someone start a FT-86 Concept II Friendly Holiday Gift Giving Thread.

deba94
You aren't.
The complete pack was heavily discounted for all the content. How would getting everything with a discount make you entitled to a bonus? Imagine buying everything seperately, PD's profits would increase by nearly 50%.

To recap:
Toyota GT 86 '12: Simply update to 2.02.
Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL: A gift for purchasing the DLC back in October.
Toyta FT-86 Concept II '11: A gift for purchasing any two different pieces of the October DLC on the same account. (Got the complete pack? Buy a paint pack to obtain the Concept.)
Confirmed this myself.

Oh! Thats why, thankyou.

I'm asking because maybe if you buy the second car pack (the one with Golf R etc.) it counts as a second DLC needed to get the FT-86 II.

I'm also waiting on that confirmation. I imagine it has to be the october DLC, and if so I'll buy myself some paint chips.

If not, great, and I the Car Pack will end up including the FT-86 II for me.

I bought the complete pack of the "October DLC" and one extra paint pack that same day, and received the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11.

Just waiting on that Nissan R35 GT-R Black Edition to complete my day.
F'n car is amazing. Test drove one myself. :)

Emet_PL

I think I recall seeing that confirmation in the press release, but can't check for certain cause I'm on my phone.

Can someone CONFIRM for sure that it's tradeable? If it can't be bought at least I hope it can be duped...

Back