• 127 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrstitlesraceresults.png

event15_res_eu.png

event15_res_na.png

Wes' Interview is now posted

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's more of a voice chat quality set to 'low' rather than TV quality. Which is a necessary sacrifice, since it eats bandwidth.

Same here, Hassle. Had trouble understanding the chat through the tv. It was a bit better using my mic (usually don't use it as I'm a shy guy :P)

Don't be shy mate. Mingle in with the crowd. :)

I don't think I'm going to make the race tonight guys. I'm not in the right frame of mind at the moment. I enjoy racing with you guys, and want to continue to do so in the future. I think I would be a bit aggressive tonight, so it's best I sit this one out.

Have a great race, see you next time.

Hope everything clear's up for youm man. Have a Merry Christmas.

I guess it's more of a voice chat quality set to 'low' rather than TV quality. Which is a necessary sacrifice, since it eats bandwidth.

We ran chat quality standard historically and we didn't notice much difference. I do notice a big difference from one session to another almost randomly... just depending on the car noise/track/network I guess.

We'll try to make a point to type important messages. We've been a bit short staffed as far as marshals in the rooms due to the holidays and travel so it's a lot of work for a single marshal to type everything... but we've got the feedback and we'll do our best.

All drivers can help immensely by reading and understanding the rules before they enter the lounge. Primarily the qualification/start procedures which vary from week to week. If there are any questions ask them on the thread ahead of time... it can be hectic hosting/managing the lounges so any questions or uncertainty that can be cleared up ahead of time is a big plus.

We ran chat quality standard historically and we didn't notice much difference. I do notice a big difference from one session to another almost randomly... just depending on the car noise/track/network I guess.
Depends on random noise track/etc - sure. I have a distinct impression that 'low quality' setting does not affect voices of different pitch equally.

I did notice there was more 'wind noise' on the straight since 2.02

Changed my colour to Ultra Blue so the number that the colours are used is more equal.

Nice to see the EU grid almost full for a change, nice work guys :cheers:

All drivers can help immensely by reading and understanding the rules before they enter the lounge. Primarily the qualification/start procedures which vary from week to week. If there are any questions ask them on the thread ahead of time... it can be hectic hosting/managing the lounges so any questions or uncertainty that can be cleared up ahead of time is a big plus.

Hmmm, I went back to the first post, but I can't seem to find much details about qualification/start procedures. I was actually wondering about them. Does quali start ahead of time, or at 8 PM GMT with the race starting afther quali?

As for the start, I suppose we use a normal grid start, right?. To keep things simple, I hope there's nothing we have to regulate ourselves (like formation laps, or rolling starts, etc...)

Hey guys,
I haven't had a chance to run this combo online yet. How different is your approach to a lap compared to the offline combo? Are you having to brake more and at different spots? I will be there tonight just a little nervous about causing it to be a bad night for everyone else because of my mistakes.

Hmmm, I went back to the first post, but I can't seem to find much details about qualification/start procedures. I was actually wondering about them. Does quali start ahead of time, or at 8 PM GMT with the race starting afther quali?

As for the start, I suppose we use a normal grid start, right?. To keep things simple, I hope there's nothing we have to regulate ourselves (like formation laps, or rolling starts, etc...)

My guess is it's just going to be a 15min quali stint.
Once on track, stay there. Do your hotlaps and when you're done just park on the side of the track.
Race start timer will start when the 'on track timer' hits 15min during quali.

Good! This is the proper place and time to ask questions. 👍

Note: The OP says "Online Single Stint Quali" but it doesn't describe it here for newer drivers. We are working on a thread that will be used as a reference for our various qualification and start procedures and that text would link directly to the appropriate message with a full description.

Since we don't have that thread ready yet...

Single Stint means you can't pit or change tires during qualification. The lounge will be open for practice early and it will be reset at the top of the hour for qualification. Everyone will be kicked off the track by the system at reset. Once you are allowed to enter the track again you have 15 minutes to run your best lap. Run a warm up lap and manage spacing to the other drivers* during this warm up lap. Then run as many hot laps as you can during the time alotted (usually until the track timer says 15:00) or until tire wear prevents you from improving your time. Then park on the side of the track out of the way and hit start to ghost your car. Do not return to pits. At appx 15:00 the race timer will start.

The start itself is a pretty simple grid start this week. We sometimes do a formation lap with a rolling start, but not this week so it'll be very simple. Just hammer the throttle and wait for the timer to release you. :sly:

*If the OP had read "Group Single Stint Quali" the drivers would be split into two groups to ease traffic concerns. You'd be assigned to one of two groups and you would follow the above procedures except you would return to pits when your groups session was over.

I hope that helps.

My guess is it's just going to be a 15min quali stint.
Once on track, stay there. Do your hotlaps and when you're done just park on the side of the track.
Race start timer will start when the 'on track timer' hits 15min during quali.

It is a 15 minute Single stint quali, but with 14 drivers in the EU race, we may be splitting the groups into two 10 minute sessions to avoid a pile up on this short track.
Basically the same way we did the Nascar Quali 👍

Edit: Tim beat me to it :D

ARG, sorry for the late notice, but I've got work to take care of now, will miss the EU race. 👎 Will be there tonight for the NA.

Good luck everyone!

Nice 4-way battle going on. Won't last, I suspect, since a certain someone is wearing his tires at half the rate of others...

I was trying to watch it, but got kicked out. I don't want to go back in and distract anyone or upset the network, so I will wait for tonight.

Note-to-self - don't miss pit entrance on lap 24.
UPD: smth weird happened to Wes in the pits.

Work stuff came up and I couldn't watch... I'll be waiting for the results to come up or maybe I can watch Speedy's saved replay on twitch.tv

Sorry for missing the EU race without nitice. It was a combination of time zone confusion and unplanned events on this end.

Hope all went well, and will definitely be seeing the NA guys in the Vette next week. :)

Yes, Tim. The race stays online for about 2 weeks.
Just follow the link in my sig, I think.

Speedy: don't know whether you saw my message in the lobby after the race, but I was saying you didn't have to let me pass after you hit me, it was my fault for coming back from my off right in your path!

I crossed someone's path after my first pit exit, also, but without being hit. As I had a look behind me to see if someone was coming, I put a tire or two in the grass, and went flying to the other side of the track :dunce:

I wasn't sure how these recommended garage races worked, so at first I assumed I had the right tires on... so I spent my 15-20 minutes of practice on comfort softs :dunce: :dunce: I fortunately realized my mistake before quali!

Well, I'm still a beginner at this... (in about a year, I'll be saying "well, this is only my 37th race, guys, I don't know how everything works in these races...").

Thanks for a fun race guys. Hope it's ok to talk about it before the NA-race. I had fun, and was very happy to come in 5th on my first race.

I took a carefull start, which unfortunatelly meant Sjaak and GTP_Don got passed. I had a nice battle with both over the first few laps, till I made a mistake in lap 6 or 7 and I had to let them go...

I still hadn't made up my mind about stopping just once, or twice. But at lap 14 I decided to go for 2 stops. Pitted at then end of lap 16 (nicely predictable :)).

At the start of my 2nd stint I was catching up Sjaak and Don, who were still locked head to head (I think they had a close battle lasting 48 laps btw :) ). Decided to push and try to get passed. Pretty hard though to pass a fighting couple on such a small track :scared: On my first attempt I gave Don a tap in the butt (my apologies again, Don :ouch:). So I backed off and set up for another try next lap. This time it worked out and I finally got passed the Duelling Dutch Duo :sly: to take 5th place

Had a bit of a lonely race after that to be honest. Guys up front were too far away. I decided to stop at the end of lap 33. A few laps into my last stint, MadMax exitted the pits pretty close in front of me, giving me a goal: try to get to 4th. Gave it my all, but after about 4 or 5 laps it was clear that at best, I could only match his pace. So I backed off and settled down into 5th.

Congrats to Wes for a great win 👍 and thanks everybody for a fun evening :) I'll definitely drop by again sometime :sly:

BTW: just out of curiousity; was everyone using a wheel making me the only one pushing buttons?

Speedy: don't know whether you saw my message in the lobby after the race, but I was saying you didn't have to let me pass after you hit me, it was my fault for coming back from my off right in your path!

No sweat mate.
All I know is that I hit you, you being on worn tyres, and that it caused you to go off.
So, my currency is to let you get back in front of me, regardless.

Great racing guys!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (ok, I'm asking) Wes, how the heck do you do it? :D
It's one thing to save tires, and another to be that fast.
I certainly cannot do both at the same time :bowdown:
Great Win 👍

A solid run by Biffy too. A shame he didn't know Wes was only 3 seconds ahead, as the both of them were running almost the same lap times from what I could see.
Sucks to think you won, only to find out Wes actually did huh Biffy?

Nice too see some new drivers in the mix as well 👍

I crossed someone's path after my first pit exit, also, but without being hit. As I had a look behind me to see if someone was coming, I put a tire or two in the grass, and went flying to the other side of the track :dunce:

Yea , that was me and I had a few scare-filled seconds trying to figure if you had spun or lagged.
And I figured , that you had dipped too many tyres on grass at that point.
Giving room to the car overtaking and possibly checking for other cars near by.

Had a bit of a lonely race after that to be honest. Guys up front were too far away. I decided to stop at the end of lap 33. A few laps into my last stint, MadMax exitted the pits pretty close in front of me, giving me a goal: try to get to 4th. Gave it my all, but after about 4 or 5 laps it was clear that at best, I could only match his pace. So I backed off and settled down into 5th.

BTW: just out of curiousity; was everyone using a wheel making me the only one pushing buttons?

I saw you closing in after I went a little wide in last corner , but you slightly missed the draft to reel me in.

I too was pushing buttons , X , [] , O , left stick , L2 and R2 - sixaxis.

Going to the right / near the pit wall on the straith was/is my (not really) signature move ,
which I've done from the days of GT5P FF's at Suzuka East online race.

By the way, since I had been lapped, I thought my race would end after the 47th lap, but it let me race on... I was wondering if you get passed during that "extra" lap, do you actually lose a position or not? How does it work?

EU Race was great fun. Tried the 1 pit on lap 24 but......2 Pits for the NA. Gonna push it tonight!!

Segovia, try hitting the start button starting the race before everyone was ready, or entering the pits and exiting just before the race starts. Now thats a NEWBE. I now run my quaification, pull over and put my hands in my pockets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back