GTP WRS-Online : Event 15 : 16 x 3 Laps in a 4 Door - Dec 21

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 127 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, I can't make it tonight. The wife had a bad day at work today and asked if I could not race tonight. Good luck to everyone.👍

EU Race was great fun. Tried the 1 pit on lap 24 but......2 Pits for the NA. Gonna push it tonight!!

Segovia, try hitting the start button starting the race before everyone was ready, or entering the pits and exiting just before the race starts. Now thats a NEWBE. I now run my quaification, pull over and put my hands in my pockets.

:lol:
:cheers:

EDIT: NA Race Lounge is open.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm up. :lol:
I'll be joining shortly
Livestream will start at ~3PM GMT (40 min from now)
I hope I won't make so many mistakes like I did in EU race. :scared:

In case you guys hadn't already noticed, Marc updated the results and they are listed in post #2 in the thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6378317#post6378317

Congratz Wes (again).

Livestream will start at ~3PM GMT (40 min from now)

Speedy, would you try and set the track map to fixed? Might work better on the stream... it's impossible to follow when it's spinning around at that resolution. I drive with it fixed as it's less distracting too.

I'm going to try to stay in the room, but if I get booted again, then I won't race. Every once in a while this happens, and I don't want to boot someone else by trying to get into the room time after time. If I don't make, good luck to all!

Livestream is going up. Track is fixed Tim. ;)
Check my sig

Thanks. There must be a new "tiny tiny" track setting with the latest update. I didn't even notice the track was there. :lol:

I was feeling good because my one-pit strategy was going to work. At least I could stay on the track. Oh well. Maybe next week. There are storms in the area, so I won't be driving again tonight. Great fun, though, and I'll be back next week for the Corvette!!

Congratz to Dan on the win. The one stop strategy was the way to go. I saw you a while in the distance from Speedy's view and then after your first pit, but then the feed cut out and when I got back online didn't see you again.

^Thanks. Pretty much a perfect race for me. Got away from draft when Lucas (?) got a bit of a slide into last turn on lap 1, and after that the guys decided to battle it out.

Nish: on lap 31, turn 1, I forgot to check my side view, didn't think you were already at my level, maybe I should have let you pass then, sorry. Watching the replay, it was pretty close, though. Anyways, you got me by a good margin one lap later 👍

Great race Dan! I tried the 1 stop strategy myself not sure if it helped me though. Great race everyone!

Al

Great race guys. ! 👍
Some nerve wrecking laps we had there Marc untill I made a braking mistake *again* (🤬) making me go off enough not being able to catch up to you anymore.
The EU race seems to be a good practice for me. :P

Results for both Races are Posted 👍

Congratz to Wes and Dan for your wins :cheers:

Great race guys. ! 👍
Some nerve wrecking laps we had there Marc untill I made a braking mistake *again* (🤬) making me go off enough not being able to catch up to you anymore.
The EU race seems to be a good practice for me. :P

That was a bit crazy for too many laps :lol:
One of us was eventually going to break or give in.
I couldn't believe how close and clean the races were, especially all of the close turn 1 encounters.
Great driving everyone 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed the race again :ill:. Its strange because when I gave in after the last disconection I went online on my main account and didint have one disconection all night and tuesday night I didnt have a problem in the 3d3 room.

In reply to your message on psn hydro at the moment I have no way to directly wire the PS3 to the modem at the moment as its in the kitchen and I would need to drill through walls (wife wouldnt happy). Hopefully next year I will have my man cave setup, still got a lot of work to do first though.

... at the moment I have no way to directly wire the PS3 to the modem at the moment.

Funny thing is, I tried that a couple of days ago. Patched my PS3 directly into the modem in stead of the router. Still gave me a NAT-2 though... No NAT-1...

Maybe, as the number op participants increases, it's time to think about disabling voice chat to get a more stable connection.

Wonderfully clean racing, guys. 👍 That's how it's done.

Nice consistent win, Dan. (yes, that was me holding up the pack for ya :sly:)

Big thanks and congrats to Marc on the 2nd, and for running an amazing day of races! :cheers:

:bowdown: all who one-stopped. I think Chuk would have had me if not for the DC. :ouch:

Nish, no hard feelings, and thanks for letting me by instead of driving angry. No biggie.

Daniel, thanks for hanging back to watch my off-tracks with curiosity, instead of taking the 4 or 5 openings I gave you to pass. :lol:

----
And how'bout a hand for Tim and Christophe, who are putting in overtime in the background to take this series to the next level! Great work, gents. 👍

Merry Christmas, and see you next week for the Corvette with magma tires. :D

Bob and Grav (I'll learn everybodies name soon enough), it was a home problem not on the track. The wife and my hyper daughter were constantly in front of the tv and then there was all the noise :(. Bob I believe the lap you are referring too was my fastest of the race at 58.2xx, I was probably going to need another pit also.

Everybody great race it was fun :). Sorry to those that had connection problems and thank's to Tim and Christophe for the great dedication to the series.

Have a Merry Christmas everybody :cheers: :gtpflag:

Speedy6543
Thanks.

Poor Marc who hosted it all gets no credit. :(

:lol: :P

Yah but he gets two podium finishes to show for it. I'm ready to race and dump this background stealth stuff. :sly:

Daniel, thanks for hanging back to watch my off-tracks with curiosity, instead of taking the 4 or 5 openings I gave you to pass. :lol:

I'll admit you DID make it very tempting... :P

Ahh, almost forgot to post my little report from last night's race :P

Was a great race, but it felt like a damn gauntlet with the chase cam flickering about (new issue?), and I celebrated victory for about 10 seconds only to find that a terrific drive by Wes had denied me by 3 seconds :grumpy: It was definitely a weird one to start with, I could only see 5 other people (:scared:), thankfully though I was at the front with MadMax and Hydro, (plus Wes who I couldn't see, thankfully I only hit him once and it clearly didn't ruin his race...), and had a great neck-and-neck battle with Pekka for the 16 laps of my first stint. From what I could see it was just us two at the front, with Hydro close behind, but whenever he got in our draft Pekka would bump-draft me, which I found oddly humorous.

Second stint, I came out of the pits 2-3 seconds ahead of Hydro on lap 17, getting quite frustrated at my auto-pilot braking needlessly down the road, with Pekka going for the one-stop. Being on my own gave me the chance to put in some good laps, and I distanced myself from Hydro quite quickly, and then the confusion reared it's ugly head. I heard someone speaking on their mic, and I heard what sounded like "Biffy" and "Wrong tyres". I realised I had got away from Hydro strangely quickly and then started worrying that I had forgot to change tires or something! I quickly asked "wrong?" and still couldn't hear what people were saying, so I carried on regardless and prayed I hadn't done something stupidly wrong. Anyway that pause cost me about 2-3 seconds, and in the last stint I made a bad mistake that cost me another 3 seconds, realising that at the end of the race I felt gutted to miss a really good opportunity at getting my first 3D3 race win!

Happy with my performance, especially as I had a terrible issue with the new Chase Cam. The dynamic view I was actually ok with, but the screen flickered non-stop, every lap. I would of thought it was my TV, but there were no problems with it before or after the race, leading me to believe it is an issue with the new cam. Very off-putting, so watch out if you plan to use that View in the future.

All-in-all, great race, and I'll be looking forward to next week's race in Tokyo :)

Well, I tried to pass you then you hit me (but lucky for me it was at turn 1 and only lost a couple of seconds.) I came back on your bumper and I was just praying for you to make a mistake because it would be almost impossible to pass otherwise; and you did.:P

All in all I think it was an interesting race. I'm not extrememly happy to be winning this way (though I don't think anyone had an advantage). Hopefully next week we'll have some battles Biffy.;)

And thanks all for the kind words, see you next week.:cheers:

EDIT: What happened to Pekka?:confused:

Are you guys saying that Wes could see Biffy, but Biffy could not see Wes? That's a rare situation, but has happened to me twice.

Are you guys saying that Wes could see Biffy, but Biffy could not see Wes? That's a rare situation, but has happened to me twice.
Yes, that's what happened. It has happened to me on several occasions before (that I couldn't see some drivers), but it seems to be fixed now.

:idea:Sorry for the bump Al, that 0 / 1 braking brought me into that turn too fast,:guilty: Merry Christmas Everyone!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back