1st GTP F1 World Championship for ordinary mortals only!

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 539 comments
I don't think I can race anymore. I just don't think I'm committed enough and skilled enough. So, Mr. S if you wouldn't mind taking my name off the driver list to open that slot up. I'll still be around here so, enjoy the race.

No, as long as you can make one race, you're welcome ot join us! And as long as you can drive, at all. This series isn't a highly competitive one, we're all friends looking for a good time. Don't quit because you don't feel competitive enough. Race, my friend, race!

You race to get better and more competitive!

Alonso jumped me at the start, got around the outside, and someone hit me from behind, then on the second lap, i locked up the brakes and when straight into the first corner wall. So dissapointed. Besides my first race in 2011, i have never hit that wall....until now.

thunderjolt
I don't think I can race anymore. I just don't think I'm committed enough and skilled enough. So, Mr. S if you wouldn't mind taking my name off the driver list to open that slot up. I'll still be around here so, enjoy the race.

Don't quit, there are plenty of drivers here with your caliber, and if we can all keep meeting up on sunday afternoons, there could be some great racing going on.

Last edited:
The same person who hit you from behind was the person who knocked me! The game claimed I cut the corner as a result, which led to me flying over you (a shame I wasnt a Virgin Car).

It's a shame it messed up my whole race at the whole first corner and I REALLY TRIED HARD (practised all day and was really hyped up about it) :grumpy:

Here's looking forward to a more successful race next time!

Last edited:
f1_monaco_2011.jpg

Monaco Grand Prix

Qualifying

1 - Peter. |
2 - jcm |
3 - pawel17 |
4 - bazyl |
5 - DaveMay96l DSQ
(+5 "Legend" AI drivers)
** Sorry, forgot to screencap, but that was the order.

Race

1 - jcm | 1:12.058
2 - Peter. | DNF (1:12.270)
3 - Bazyl| DNF (....)
4 - pawel17 | DNF (1:20.747)
5 - DaveMay96 l DSQ (1:18.962)
(+5 "Legend" AI drivers - not taken into account for points)

Standings

1 - 103 points - Mr. S | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 3)
2 - 97 points - Pawel17 | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 2, pole: 1)
3 - 80 points - GTRacerUK | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 1)
4 - 67 points - bazylfox | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
5 - 58 Points - Peter. l (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 2)
6 - 28 Points - jcm | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 0)
7- 15 points - Mattymc96 l (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
8 - 12 points - Jamie-C | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
9 - 12 points - thunderjolt | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
10 - 10 points - DaveMay96 | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)

6 races, 6 different winners, The races are now held every Sunday at 7:30 GMT. This is not a competition anymore, as much as it is a group of clean racers fighting it out for glory. So i strongly hope everyone(most) can participate next sunday.

Last edited:
Race Report:

I qualified in 2nd behind Peter, three tenths down from his time.

The race started smoothly up front, Peter was still in first and I was in 2nd. I stayed close behind for about five laps, then Peter braked too late at the chicane, and I got past him. I was in front and he followed closely behind. It would stay this way for pretty much the whole race. I pit on lap 7 for the prime tire, Peter pit on lap 8 and I ended up still ahead of him. On lap 11 me and Peter made contact at the chicane, I'm not sure what happened but it was okay. The race continued until I pit on lap 19 when I pit for primes. As soon as I came out of the pits the safety car was deployed (because Bazylfox crashed) Peter had yet to pit so I after the safety car period ended I was in first with Peter behind. Somewhere in between laps 25-30 Peter crashed out, leaving me the winner.

Pawel and Peter were talking in the chat room about what happened while I was on lap 32 when I set the new fastest lap. At the chicane on lap 33 I stopped the car (12 seconds ahead of Alonso who was in second) to tell them I got fastest lap. Unfortuantely two cars unlapped themselves while I was stopped and I got two illegal blocking drive-through penalties :banghead: I forgot to enter the pits to serve the penalty that lap. On lap 34 I was lapping Petrov at the chicane, and I was fully in front of him. I started braking... and Petrov didn't... He kept going and pushed me into the wall breaking my front wing. I had to drive through on laps 34, and 35 and then I finished the race, never bothering to repair my front wing.

I'm not sure what happened to the others regarding the AI madness, but I do know it was crazy.

👍 to everyone who came, and I wish the AI was better online.

Last edited:
Updated.

Pawel, could you please message me about the next race? I really want to be there, just a short PM when you have a date or so - our office is moving in a few days, so chances are I can be there. Yet, I have to work on Thursday, so Friday is the earliest I can make. :/

Mr. S
Updated.

Pawel, could you please message me about the next race? I really want to be there, just a short PM when you have a date or so - our office is moving in a few days, so chances are I can be there. Yet, I have to work on Thursday, so Friday is the earliest I can make. :/

So you can't race sunday's?

jcm
As soon as I came out of the pits the safety car was deployed (because Bazylfox crashed)

... On lap 34 I was lapping Petrov at the chicane, and I was fully in front of him. I started braking... and Petrov didn't... He kept going and pushed me into the wall breaking my front wing.

I'm not sure what happened to the others regarding the AI madness, but I do know it was crazy.

👍 to everyone who came, and I wish the AI was better online.

Well, first corner (Petrov hit me) i spun, then two cars went OVER me destroying my both wings.
I tried to stay at track and go to the pits. Then i changed front wing and went for it.
When i was catching Schumacher (from 20s loss to 10 in two laps) i hit wall and destroyed my wing again. But i was told to stay and don't pit. So i did, but my braking was terrible since and i got 3 (THREE) drive through penaltys.

At this point almost everyone lapped me and i was just behind Petrov (hmmm)
When i overtook him just after tunnel i braked and he didn't. He hit me and i went to the wall destroying my car. And this was end of race for me :)

Hope better race next time.

Well, first corner (Petrov hit me) i spun, then two cars went OVER me destroying my both wings.
I tried to stay at track and go to the pits. Then i changed front wing and went for it.
When i was catching Schumacher (from 20s loss to 10 in two laps) i hit wall and destroyed my wing again. But i was told to stay and don't pit. So i did, but my braking was terrible since and i got 3 (THREE) drive through penaltys.

At this point almost everyone lapped me and i was just behind Petrov (hmmm)
When i overtook him just after tunnel i braked and he didn't. He hit me and i went to the wall destroying my car. And this was end of race for me :)

Hope better race next time.

That is exactly what happened to me. I wonder if he actually accelerated to hit me, because I think I actually sped up while being pushed into the wall.

...Petrov should be banned from all GTP online races...

Updated.

I would be interested in participating in Sunday races; especially when GT5 Concours Club is on hiatis :)

I did race the recent 100% Melbourne with you Pawel

The next race is in Montreal Canada.

...Me and BlacqueJacques will be the home favourites...

...eh... :)

Sorry guys, won't be able to compete until further notice. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long, but it will probably be until February before I even touch my PS3 again.

Sorry guys, won't be able to compete until further notice. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long, but it will probably be until February before I even touch my PS3 again.

Damn, that sucks.

Also Mr.S, i hope you attend, so you can host, we have had some poor hosts lately....If that's even how this online multiplayer works in F1 2011.

Back