The CSR-E: What's your dream rim?

csr-rsr.jpg

Well that was pretty painless.

Yup, myself, Porsche 9146, gslooney, Caz and Crispy will all take an RSR-Elite rim please, Thomas.

Take the money straight out of our accounts and make sure to post them by the end of the week (we'll pay the extra €40 shipping).

Many thanks!

Snotty

I'd buy that :)

I don't like the colour combination but this would be a perfect rim for the CSW. It is actually very high on our list so it was a good guess ;)

Awesome.

Best news I've heard this year. I take it, though, that that also means a similar rim will be coming the CSR Elite's way?

To be honest, for the Elite, I totally agree on the colour combination not being quite right. It would have worked better had the Elite's base been black like the CSW, but I guess your hands were tied in making it 'Forza 4-like'.

I suppose, black could look pretty cool, but brown might still work (especially if any buttons were red):

csr-rsr2.jpg

At the end of the day, most of us are staring straight at the wheel while racing and barely even see the red base.

One more thing. Not wanting to start a debate on CSR-E issues, but one thing I'd truly love to know is whether any new rim might connect AROUND the length of the base shaft, as opposed to INSIDE it, as this might get around the current rim's tendency to pivot a little around where the 2 screws currently secure it.

Any inside information...? ;)

Last edited:
The BMW wheel in alcantara would be great actually my first choice.
But the Porsche wheel would be nice as well, only the brown leather is not really my thing.
But hey, at the end I would probably buy them both :D

Fanatec...
I don't like the colour combination but this would be a perfect rim for the CSW. It is actually very high on our list so it was a good guess ;)

Any chance of sharing what yours plans are for elite wheels? i guess there's a snowballs chance in hell of us getting something like this?

Remember that Fanatec released that little spreadsheet that said the wheel rims available ffor the CSR-E would be "very limited" so I wouldn't expect too many different options for it.

Okay, this is the post we've been waiting on in this thread :)

Thank you in advance Thomas for taking this beauty into consideration. And if it means anything for the discussion, colour combination of the brown-black is actually very beautiful in my subjective opinion. Retro and steampunk in the same time. If anything ever comes out of this, full-black will be the only option probably, but this combination is so... classical.

Note Thomas did say CSW, not CSR-Elite. I hope that was an oversight or maybe he's just saying that color Tim goes better with the black base of the CSW, and that they'd entertain making a replacement rim like this (or the BMW) for us Elite owners too (as that is the point of this thread.)

I would go with a MOMO but I have a feeling Fanatec won't be going with it. More then likely I would go with a mod to put on the wheel of choice. I am very interested in seeing what Fanatec comes out with for the Elite wheel.

If they release something like this:

3747267917_694e268a19_z.jpg

Just a very basic 1960's F1 wheel without any buttons or gadgets for around $100 I would buy it.

If I remember correctly Thomas already said that the Formula wheel would be $150. I can't imagine the GT wheel will be over $200. Their introductory wheels are going to be on the cheaper end of the spectrum, then later on they will release more expensive wheels.

I think you guys are getting your hopes up way too high. The CSR Elite is most likely not going to get a lot of wheel rim options. It may get a few just so Elite owners don't feel left out but that's it. The CSW is going to be the main focus for wheel rims. Even when Thomas says the porche rim is a strong CSW posibility, you guys are already excited about it being on the Elite. I may be wrong, but I just wouldn't get my hopes up so high until the plans for the Elite are announced.

Worryingly, re-reading Thomas's post, I tend to agree. :(

I do hope, however, that the Elite is not forgotten as the CSW becomes the focus of Fanatec's affections.

Not least, because Thomas has openly admitted that the Elite's rim is the product's weakest link and not even in the same league as earlier Porsche rims...

I think you guys are getting your hopes up way too high. The CSR Elite is most likely not going to get a lot of wheel rim options. It may get a few just so Elite owners don't feel left out but that's it. The CSW is going to be the main focus for wheel rims. Even when Thomas says the porche rim is a strong CSW posibility, you guys are already excited about it being on the Elite. I may be wrong, but I just wouldn't get my hopes up so high until the plans for the Elite are announced.

You are likely right. I'll stick with the stock wheel and then buy the CSW when it comes out and sell the CSR-E.

superbike81
You are likely right. I'll stick with the stock wheel and then buy the CSW when it comes out and sell the CSR-E.

I dont see any reason to cry in your beer because we elite owners dont get ALL the same treatment as csw owners, we paid less :) Besides, people who bought the elite are smart savy shoppers who are all about value, we know that we only need a few choices of rims to keep us happy!

I dont see any reason to cry in your beer because we elite owners dont get ALL the same treatment as csw owners, we paid less :) Besides, people who bought the elite are smart savy shoppers who are all about value, we know that we only need a few choices of rims to keep us happy!

Well I'll take the added features and more wheel selection over saving a few bucks.

Speak for yourself, I bought the CSR-E simply because I was tired of waiting to upgrade. Once the CSW is out, I'll upgrade to it.

I'll stick to moding mine

Modding is great and gives you quite a bit of freedom, but it would take a significant amount of time and money invested to create something like Fanatec will be releasing. I love DIY stuff, but sometimes I just accept that it will be difficult for me to match the quality of a production-level product.

superbike81
Well I'll take the added features and more wheel selection over saving a few bucks.

Speak for yourself, I bought the CSR-E simply because I was tired of waiting to upgrade. Once the CSW is out, I'll upgrade to it.

Not being able to use xbox negates the extra features for me, but this thread is not about csw vs elite so i'll try to stay on topic here and just say that all i need is a formula rim and a decent gt rim and that would be plenty for me. thomas has all but garanteed the formula rim, plus i really dont believe he wont produce a proper gt wheell because of all the demand for it. besides those, i personally cant think of anything else i would need - nascar? No thanks, rally? Nah, road car? Nope, how about vintage gp? Cool but i wouldnt spent another $150-200 on one. whats left? Monster truck? Vespa scooter? even different types of gt rims would be extranious for me if i already had a decent one. all i care about is two more rims - gt and formula.

All I want is a Formula rim similar to the one in the CSW video and a GT rim like the BMW one.....give me those and I'll be happy.

I'd also like to see a retrofit quick release hub kit as well.....even if it meant keeping the current plug wire system I'd be cool with that because you wouldn't need tools to swap rims on a whim and the risk of damaging the current 2 bolt system by cross threading or over tightening would be eliminated.

Last edited:
All I want is a Formula rim similar to the one in the CSW video and a GT rim like the BMW one.....give me those and I'll be happy.

I'd also like to see a retrofit quick release hub kit as well.....even if it meant keeping the current plug wire system I'd be cool with that because you wouldn't need tools to swap rims on a whim and the risk of damaging the current 2 bolt system by cross threading or over tightening would be eliminated.

I agree completely.
The quick release would be really great.
And also the rims shown till now (F1 + GT) seem to be the best solution and most plausible.
But if the quick release would be realized and the wheels would be compatible with CSR-E and CSW we could hope for more rims :)

Not being able to use xbox negates the extra features for me, but this thread is not about csw vs elite so i'll try to stay on topic here and just say that all i need is a formula rim and a decent gt rim and that would be plenty for me. thomas has all but garanteed the formula rim, plus i really dont believe he wont produce a proper gt wheell because of all the demand for it. besides those, i personally cant think of anything else i would need - nascar? No thanks, rally? Nah, road car? Nope, how about vintage gp? Cool but i wouldnt spent another $150-200 on one. whats left? Monster truck? Vespa scooter? even different types of gt rims would be extranious for me if i already had a decent one. all i care about is two more rims - gt and formula.

I'm in the same situation. I would like to have a CSW, but I need the Xbox compatibility so I am stuck with the CSR Elite. Thomas has already all but confirmed there will be an F1 style wheel. All I need is a decent GT style wheel that matches the quality of the base and I will be fine.

Troysloth
I'm in the same situation. I would like to have a CSW, but I need the Xbox compatibility so I am stuck with the CSR Elite. Thomas has already all but confirmed there will be an F1 style wheel. All I need is a decent GT style wheel that matches the quality of the base and I will be fine.

We will most likely get a decent gt wheel, thomas knows the demand is there. there will probably only be one option, but if its something solid like that bmw rim i think that would satisfy most elite owners. as for the quick release mod- someone is bound to make that happen i would have to guess.

Back