The CSR-E: What's your dream rim?

I hope they are not holding back new rims because of CSW. (this might be if they are out of elite wheels and all production goes to CSW.)

I am actually still not sure which wheel I get. I would really want to drive Porsches in F4, but on the other hand CSW will be the ultimate wheel to the future.

I hope they are not holding back new rims because of CSW. (this might be if they are out of elite wheels and all production goes to CSW.)

I am actually still not sure which wheel I get. I would really want to drive Porsches in F4, but on the other hand CSW will be the ultimate wheel to the future.

Same dilemma here, but I finally choose xbox360(720 ?) compatibility. I try to imagine what FM5 could be with more cpu, more gpu and more memory... not bad I think :)

But I think I will buy a better GT rim as soon as it will be available... The BMW lite (I know the rev meter and analogic buttons could not be on the Elite rim) will be perfect...

K_Soze
Same dilemma here, but I finally choose xbox360(720 ?) compatibility. I try to imagine what FM5 could be with more cpu, more gpu and more memory... not bad I think :)

But I think I will buy a better GT rim as soon as it will be available... The BMW lite (I know the rev meter and analogic buttons could not be on the Elite rim) will be perfect...

Just mount an SLI Pro to it and it will be just as good if not better. It only works on PC and PS3, but will give any wheel a professional shift light when youre not playing XBOX. definately raises the cool factor with the bright LEDs.

Just mount an SLI Pro to it and it will be just as good if not better. It only works on PC and PS3, but will give any wheel a professional shift light when youre not playing XBOX. definately raises the cool factor with the bright LEDs.

After the Elite, the clubsport pedals V2, the new Elite rim and the clubsport shifter then ;)

An SLI wouldn't work with ps3 unless you somehow got it patched into gt5.

On a side note I am getting really impatient waiting for the gt rim now that the Porsche update came out. If someone had a good way to add decent paddle shifters to an off the shelf rim I would already be using a 320mm momo.

csr-rsr.jpg

Well that was pretty painless.

Yup, myself, Porsche 9146, gslooney, Caz and Crispy will all take an RSR-Elite rim please, Thomas.

Take the money straight out of our accounts and make sure to post them by the end of the week (we'll pay the extra €40 shipping).

Many thanks!

Snotty

/thread. This is it right here.

The street car version is also very good.

6023409285_8129dbf3e9_z.jpg

I think this would be a great way for Porsche and Fanatec to partner. Release the new wheel rim when the actual road car releases. That way they can both cross promote.

Last edited:
That brown leather retro Porsche wheel is probably the coolest looking GT wheel I have ever seen, street or race. MY dad had an old 73 Targa with a wheel very simalar but without all the buttons. That new one just takes me back to being a kid and sittting in his car just smelling the leather and dreaming of driving it one day.

HA, maybe all these rims are too small, to play the hot new sim everyone will be talking about, we need THE BUS wheel baby, lol! Check it out:
tjxXi.jpg

hWCt.jpg

Description: The newest masterpiece by astragon’s established developer TML, the “Bus Simulator 2012” will enthuse you. Never has a bus-simulation been that realistic and elaborate. Step into the shoes of a bus driver and take over the wheel of a highly detailed and feely accessible bus-model. Here, you will find an abundance of possibilities to finish your missions or play in an open mode: Every technical detail of your bus has been reproduced true-to-live. Switch on the air-conditioning when your front-shields are steaming up and keep an eye on the speedograph, to stay in schedule – even though you have a lot of missions, you still need to rest to stay fit. Thanks to the digital readouts in the bus, you can monitor the engine`s temperature and the charging level of the cooling liquid as well as the oil and gasoline level. Organize your route and target more than 450 bus stops. Let the realistic AI of both, pedestrians and other vehicles, amaze you and interfere with your behavior: Depending on the passenger, you have to decide whether you have to sell a day- or senior-ticket. And do not forget to always have a smile for your passengers to avoid a grumpy reaction.Thanks to TML´s ability to represent every detail and create realistic missions, you will find a truly challenging bus-simulation in this game. Discover the freely accessible 3D-world with a variety of interesting details that you can explore. Just like in the real world you have to stick to your schedule and the traffic rules – or individualize your vehicles to share them with the community.

Features:

Detailed bus-models with realistically conversed technology and physics provide you with a high grade of true-to-live feeling.
Freely organisable routes
Reward system
Huge, freely accessible 3D-world
A variety of divergent pedestrians and vehicles, that follow a realistic AI
Realistic demonstration of a bus driver`s life
Extra missions give you that extra variation

lemansfanatic
You havent even received your Elite yet Soze, what are YOU smoking??

Yes, it was sarcastic :)

Shipping date : End of may, so I nervously check my mails. Claudia from Fanatec said they can send my wheel this week so it has to be today :)

I don't know how many here have seen this but from a post on pCARS forum:

"Having gotten no replys I decided to figure it out myself..

Done in my garage with the Sparco wheel, Snap-Off quick release and spacer, aluminum stock, carbon/epoxy and some skateboard hardware. All hand tools.. no drill presses or band saws so its a little bit ghetto but a lot bit functional.
I may make a switchbox later to house the wheel control board and run some of the functions back up to a carbon wheel
plate I'm making.

KMc0M.jpg

A02Wz.jpg

DPKav.jpg

tN5Vf.jpg

The feeling is night and day.. The Sparco and the solid quick release mount make an unbelievable difference and my paddles are much more realistic.. they take more force with a very short throw to shift.
The Car is much more alive now. "

mykem
I don't know how many here have seen this but from a post on pCARS forum:

"Having gotten no replys I decided to figure it out myself..

Done in my garage with the Sparco wheel, Snap-Off quick release and spacer, aluminum stock, carbon/epoxy and some skateboard hardware. All hand tools.. no drill presses or band saws so its a little bit ghetto but a lot bit functional.
I may make a switchbox later to house the wheel control board and run some of the functions back up to a carbon wheel
plate I'm making.

The feeling is night and day.. The Sparco and the solid quick release mount make an unbelievable difference and my paddles are much more realistic.. they take more force with a very short throw to shift.

Very Nice indeed. I hope the GT RIM will look as good.

Never under estimate the power of a sim racer. :) Looks great, that is some awesome handy work you got going on there.

Honestly the wheel mod with quick release has been done on the csr-e many times before and that is fine. The addition on this one is the paddle shifters. I think they look nice aesthetically but a shorter throw and stiffer pull is a step backwards. The design of them looks unreliable and clunky.

I don't know how he decided that it was more realistic that way when most paddle shifters function with a hinge and feel very similar to the existing paddle shifters in the csr-e (I've heard someone say the csr-e's paddles feeling identical to a g37 coupe). It's clearly a design that was done with the tools at hand and there was some significant compromises in that area.

I guess I'm still looking for a good paddle shifter mod to go with a custom wheel.

paskowitz
See, Logi, I told you it was possible. Look how long that took. Like no time at all.

I have to give it to you, you were right. Still I wish them the best of luck with the CSW. Try driving without a rim since you have one. ;)

I don't know how he decided that it was more realistic that way when most paddle shifters function with a hinge and feel very similar to the existing paddle shifters in the csr-e (I've heard someone say the csr-e's paddles feeling identical to a g37 coupe). It's clearly a design that was done with the tools at hand and there was some significant compromises in that area.

I guess I'm still looking for a good paddle shifter mod to go with a custom wheel.

I was the one that made the comment about the shifters feeling like the Infiniti. Was a G35s sedan actually, not a G37. But anyway, yes, I do like the paddles very much on the Elite.

Honestly the wheel mod with quick release has been done on the csr-e many times before and that is fine. The addition on this one is the paddle shifters. I think they look nice aesthetically but a shorter throw and stiffer pull is a step backwards. The design of them looks unreliable and clunky.

Around 23min50sec into this video of drive visit to Koenigsegg's factory, Christian (the founder) talked a bit about how his preference on paddle shifter operation- like a trigger with positive feel. And you notice when JF from drive click the shifter is has a very short throw. (you can also click here to go straight to the segment: http://youtu.be/qp_qxKWMsVw?t=23m50s)

Around 23min50sec into this video of drive visit to Koenigsegg's factory, Christian (the founder) talked a bit about how his preference on paddle shifter operation- like a trigger with positive feel. And you notice when JF from drive click the shifter is has a very short throw. (you can also click here to go straight to the segment: http://youtu.be/qp_qxKWMsVw?t=23m50s)

That design is not even close to the design of the home built mod you showed before. It has a hinge and microswitch much like the csr-e. From my perspective, assuming the audio is synced, it doesn't appear to have a throw that is shorter than the csr-e or at least not significant enough to be material.

While you can't measure the tension on the paddles by watching a video the comparison to a trigger indicates a very light touch that breaks off once the switch is activated followed by a dead zone and then bottoming out. Conversely the mod paddles force is more or less exclusively driven by springs so there is no tactile sense of activation (those switches in the mod aren't of the clicking variety) so you are forced to pull the paddle to bottom out position. This is similar to the difference between a membrane keyboard vs a microswitch keyboard.

This video just strengthens my complaints about the mod. If you happen to know how to make paddles like the ones in the video I would be very interested.

^^^ If you're idea is to modify a CSR Elite with a new rim, and the paddles on the Elite are close to ideal (at least to me), why not try to retain or re-use those somehow? I will take a closer look @ my Elite and let you know if any ideas along those lines come to mind and report back.

That design is not even close to the design of the home built mod you showed before. It has a hinge and microswitch much like the csr-e. From my perspective, assuming the audio is synced, it doesn't appear to have a throw that is shorter than the csr-e or at least not significant enough to be material.

While you can't measure the tension on the paddles by watching a video the comparison to a trigger indicates a very light touch that breaks off once the switch is activated followed by a dead zone and then bottoming out. Conversely the mod paddles force is more or less exclusively driven by springs so there is no tactile sense of activation (those switches in the mod aren't of the clicking variety) so you are forced to pull the paddle to bottom out position. This is similar to the difference between a membrane keyboard vs a microswitch keyboard.

This video just strengthens my complaints about the mod. If you happen to know how to make paddles like the ones in the video I would be very interested.

There's a huge difference in travel between the CSR-E and the paddle shifter on the Koenigsegg's. If you own a CSR-E you can probably see the difference but to those unfamiliar with the CSR-E paddle shifter travel: http://youtu.be/K8pQSHQclvY?t=7m14s

Like I said before- the posted images (and quoted text) is a work of someone on pCARS forum (his name btw is Poor.lil.Sociopath). I will ask him the reason of ditching micro-switches although personally, I hate the loud clicking noise of modern micro-switches.

Back