The CSR-E: What's your dream rim?

There's a huge difference in travel between the CSR-E and the paddle shifter on the Koenigsegg's. If you own a CSR-E you can probably see the difference but to those unfamiliar with the CSR-E paddle shifter travel: http://youtu.be/K8pQSHQclvY?t=7m14s

Like I said before- the posted images (and quoted text) is a work of someone on pCARS forum (his name btw is Poor.lil.Sociopath). I will ask him the reason of ditching micro-switches although personally, I hate the loud clicking noise of modern micro-switches.

I think huge is an overstatement. (I own a csr-e) again the difference is not enough to be material.

The use of a microswitch alone always introduces a certain amount of throw that is unavoidable. I think having that throw at all prevents accidental shifts.

Whether or not you like the click noise is no reason to ditch microswitches altogether as you can get microswitches that still have a feel of a click but no clicking sound. I think having a click (feel and or noise) before bottoming out is the preferred arrangement. Going back to the gun analogy, would you rather have no feel and then the gun fire upon bottoming out the trigger, I don't think so.

@Mikemav, have a look I sort of doubt it could be reused because it's just a plastic mold rather than full hinged hardware.

Last edited:
Similar design rim as now because it is versatile, but solid with no cheap sandwich construction, noticeable seams, and with same standard of higher quality joystick the CSW rims have.
What a $500 + "premium" wheel should have shipped with in first place at launch.

In my opinion additional wheels are like putting the cart before the horse until the above-listed are addressed.

Oh, and lest I forget, my CSR has a pretty crummy quality joystick too, would be nice to see that upgraded.

Last edited:
I don't know how many here have seen this but from a post on pCARS forum:

"Having gotten no replys I decided to figure it out myself..

Done in my garage with the Sparco wheel, Snap-Off quick release and spacer, aluminum stock, carbon/epoxy and some skateboard hardware. All hand tools.. no drill presses or band saws so its a little bit ghetto but a lot bit functional.
I can imagine how hard it must be building something like that with no advise, that's why I I like having my own site with tutorials so at least no easter egg hunt going down forum threads after a year.

mykem I am thinking of building something similar, in the near future. really hate to figure it out the hard way, so I might need some expert advise on how that quick release goes on the base. and in return I'll do full tutorial on my page and in here for everyone .
... but in near future

Too bad fanatec said that there will be no more rims after F1 for CSR-E. Bought CSR-E in hope to get high quality round rim? Buhhahh. There are already some used csr wheels in sale after the announcement. (packs with pedals, shifters etc. go under 500€ in Finland)

Too bad fanatec said that there will be no more rims after F1 for CSR-E. Bought CSR-E in hope to get high quality round rim? Buhhahh. There are already some used csr wheels in sale after the announcement. (packs with pedals, shifters etc. go under 500€ in Finland)

Damnit!!!

Good observation, but very obvious where Fanatec i s going with their products. X box userer's dont say you have not been warned:grumpy:

Do you believe in Santa? Easter Bunny? .... ...lol

the fact that they have raised the price on the csr elite and they are almost never in stock in north america for very long tells me that it is still one of there biggest sellers.
the csw seems to always be in stock and that tells a whole story itself.

i see in the future the advantages of the CSW + the CSR-Elite all together in one wheel.
it can be done - on a one off basis would be expensive but to do it in bulk would be feasible

Back