1st GTP F1 World Championship for ordinary mortals only!

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 539 comments
Damn, that sucks.

Also Mr.S, i hope you attend, so you can host, we have had some poor hosts lately....If that's even how this online multiplayer works in F1 2011.

Sure, everything's looking good so far.

Whoever hosts please PM so I can give out my PSN acct. Thanks.

Right, I'll add you later on.

Edit: requests have been sent to:

jcm-16
DaveMay96
MauroAC
PALESCHI
GTP_BlacqueJack

Last edited:
Invites will be sent through PSN, you'll receive a message and follow the "Join" link contained in said message.

I think I've had the most Pit Stops ever in F1 History

Well that was an interesting race... Sorry for all the guys I hit, Bumped, or anything else. Qualifying was pretty good. I wasn't spinning as much but as soon as it hit race everything just went down hill. I'm going to sit the next race out for now.

Last edited:
I hit (taped) the safety car and I got disqualified. I was in 9th....after 16 laps or so.... Urghhhhh. I hit the breaks once I saw the super slow safety car (I was used to the auto breaking) but then my genius engineer said I could pass him and boom I barely touched him. Urghhhhhhhhh

BUT it was fun!!!

Last edited:
Congrats Mr.S

4-stop is the official recomended strategy...
...It's not the fastest though...
...eh

I hit (taped) the safety car and I got disqualified. I was in 9th....after 16 laps or so.... Urghhhhh. I hit the breaks once I saw the super slow safety car (I was used to the auto breaking) but then my genius engineer said I could pass him and boom I barely touched him. Urghhhhhhhhh

BUT it was fun!!!

I saw you and said to myself "Na, not again...SC kills another player." - I was right behind you and thought you'd get away but then your car disappeared.

Today's race featured 7 AI drivers plus 8 human drivers.

Well, so my race. I played without any assists this time, not even automatic gearbox or corner driving line - thought it'd suck to turn it on again after playing career mode without all the time.

I started in third since I apparently cut a corner in my last qualifying lap - ok, whatever. I had a good start and slipped through the middle, in between PAWEL17 (driving in his trusty Williams, as always) and jcm-16 (starting for McLaren-Mercedes). That worked pretty well in the first corner but not so great in the second corner - someone hit my right rear tyre (I guess it was jcm but well, that's racing - incidents happen!) and I got turned around. Position 15 out of 15 cars. The AI didn't keep itself together too well either, so I was up to 11th after the first lap.

My first stop was planned at the end of lap 9 and that's how it was done, going for the prime tyres. Most people went in earlier, so I went up a few places. I needed to save fuel, so turned it down to lean for a lap and back to normal afterwards. People started pitting the second time but I could stay out with relately fresh tyres. The second stop, however, was planned for lap 26.

Fast forward. The SC came out just as I entered the back straight after the hairpin - right at the end of lap 23. Kind of lucky for me, I went into the pits immediately and put new prime tyres on my car - came out and still led the race, with Liuzzi in between me and jcm-16 plus PAWEL17. It was pretty much straight forward from that point on. jcm-16 used DRS to overtake me the first lap after the SC went in.

So I had to push a bit and came very close to jcm-16, overtaking him once at the end of the 1st sector but losing control of my car, so that I had to stay behind him. My second attempt wasn't too good either, I hit him a bit when I tried saw him going wide at the hairpin - to be fair, only Kamui Kobayashi (and me, in this case) would've tried to take a chance in that situation. I'm just glad I didn't damage his car, he went into the pits for new tyres the very same lap anyway.

I didn't need to stop a third time, so luckily all I had to do was keeping the car on track and maintaining a gap.

What a wonderful race for McLaren!

Formel-1-2012-Highlights-2010-McLaren-Jenson-Button-McLaren-und-Lewis-560x373-3df9cdeb8cfbb1fa.jpg

A good race; though the A.I. don't always realize they are being lapped :crazy:

I ran low on fuel with 500 metres to go, settled for 5th in a 4 stop race.

Will race again with you gentlemen:tup: , cheers. :)

GtgjO.jpg

Canadian Grand Prix - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Qualifying

1 - PAWEL17 | 1:09.717
2 - jcm-16 | 1:10.028
3 - Mr. S | 1:10.156
4 - BlacqueJacques | 1:10.923
5 - Bazylfox l 1:10.978
7 - Davemay96 | 1:13.426
9 - thunderjolt | (not on the shot)
10 - MauroAC | (not on the shot)
(+7 "Legend" AI drivers)

Race

1 - Mr. S| 1:10.790
2 - jcm-16 | 1:10.932
3 - bazylfox | 1:10.157
4 - PAWEL17 | 1:10.039
5 - BlacqueJacques l 1:11.362
DNF - thunderjolt | 1:13.426
DNF - DaveMay96 | 1:14.130
DSQ - MauroAC | 1:16.069
(+7 "Legend" AI drivers - not taken into account for points)

Standings

1 - 128 points - Mr. S | (wins: 2, fastest laps: 1, pole: 3)
2 - 112 points - Pawel17 | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 2, pole: 2)
3 - 80 points - GTRacerUK | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 1)
4 - 83 points - bazylfox | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
5 - 58 Points - Peter. l (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 2)
6 - 46 Points - jcm | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 0)
7- 15 points - Mattymc96 l (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
8 - 12 points - Jamie-C | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
9 - 14 points - thunderjolt | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
10 - 12 points - DaveMay96 | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
11 - 2 points - MauroAC | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)

Last edited:
I once again missed out on the pole by 3 tenths. Second on the grid, the lights drop. I got a good start and I was in first place going into turn 1 . I went as wide as I could in turn 1 and as tight as I could in turn 2. Just before the apex of turn 2 Mr.S nearly took me out while he was spinning. I don't know who hit your rear tire, but it wasn't me.

On lap 3 I was in first and BlacqueJacques was in second on the DRS straight. Something really strange happened. I was halfway through the straight (280kph) and my wheel strated rumbling, and my accelerator stopped working. BlacqueJacques got in front of me and I kept slowly losing power. I was at about 250kph when I started braking for the final chicane. As I exited the chicane everything was fine again. :confused: I have no idea what it was but it stopped so it was all good.

When I overtook I didn't have any DRS, but I did get a better exit and used my entire KERS system :) At the hairpin I don't think you damaged me, and it didn't really matter as I was pitting that lap anyway.

Pit Stops
Start - Options
Lap 5 - Primes
Lap 14 - Primes
Lap 23 - Options
Lap 29 - Options

I think I might've been able to beat Mr.S if I'd taken Primes on lap 23 and taken them to the end of the race. Oh well. McLaren was happy either way :)

Around lap 31 I realised that I was going to run out of fuel, so I went into conservation mode. On lap 35 I tried to get fastest lap on Standerd revs, but crashed and broke half my wing. Luckily I had a big enough lead over Pawel that I was able to finish in 2nd.

Congragulations to all for a great race :) ...

...eh

jcm
I once again missed out on the pole by 3 tenths. Second on the grid, the lights drop. I got a good start and I was in first place going into turn 1 . I went as wide as I could in turn 1 and as tight as I could in turn 2. Just before the apex of turn 2 Mr.S nearly took me out while he was spinning. I don't know who hit your rear tire, but it wasn't me.

When I overtook I didn't have any DRS, but I did get a better exit and used my entire KERS system :) At the hairpin I don't think you damaged me, and it didn't really matter as I was pitting that lap anyway.

Oh ok, I thought it was you since it would've been your "logical position", I didn't look back - too busy. :D

Then again, you're right. It was right after the SC went in, so DRS was still disabled. My revs hit the limiter at 312 km/h, so yeah...KERS did the job, obviously. :D

Oh ok, I thought it was you since it would've been your "logical position", I didn't look back - too busy. :D

I think we were about side by side. I think I had two wheels on the grass and I couldn't see you until you spinning.

I had an amazing qualifying lap, after tweeking Mr.S french raceworks montreal setup. So i took it very cautious into the first corner, and got swamped by the two mclarens, a shock really. Mr.S spun, and i could only go on the outside to avoid him, but still hit him. Then i quickly went after the pack, braked late into the hairpin, passed two drivers, but went wide, and thua got sandwiched in between a force india, mauro and the wall, i therfore lost my wing and and went straight to pits. I came out on options, and started racing my a** off, before having to pit again for primes, and decided to keep going until lap 25, before the safety car came out, and decided this would be a great opportunity for options till the end of the race and catch up to the frontmen. After safety car pulled in, i went after thunderjolt, he spun after turn 7, and i tried to take advantage, praying his car wouldn't hit me, but it did, i spun, and lost positions to bazyl and Jacques. Bazyl pitted, and i passed jacques. I was on my way again chasing the leaders. Then some laps later, jcm pitted, and i was 7 secs behind mr.s. i managed it down to 5 seconds, and 3 laps from the end, my tyres were turning orange, and i got too excited coming out of the second corner, and therfore i hit the wall. Lost my front wing, and had to pit again. What looked like a 2nd place turnes into a 4th, after a last ditch effort on the primes to catch jacques and bazyl, i managed the fastest lap, after getting within 1 second of Jacques, gaining DRS, which helped me get the 0.12 s off bazyl.

It was cool of you thunderjolt coming out to make an 8 man grid, to bad you had such a poor race.

Also, mr.s, i reckon you should give the dnf drivers, some points for effort. If not points after 5th. But atleast points from the bottom. i.e 1,2,4

Last edited:
Hm, now I'm curious who hit me...should've watched the replay. But yeah, I guess you're right. I'll update the points.

Also, what did you change? Setup-wise. I thought about changing the gear ratios but well, never change a running system etc. ;)

Mr. S
Hm, now I'm curious who hit me...should've watched the replay. But yeah, I guess you're right. I'll update the points.

Also, what did you change? Setup-wise. I thought about changing the gear ratios but well, never change a running system etc. ;)

Don't worry i was a whole car length behind you.
And i increased the 6th gear by 1, and the 7th gear by 2, and also lowered the downforce. While maintaning good grip.

Don't worry i was a whole car length behind you.
And i increased the 6th gear by 1, and the 7th gear by 2, and also lowered the downforce. While maintaning good grip.

I meant right about the points, no worries. Let's see if we're having a good race in Valencia, too. I don't really like the track, to be honest.

Mr. S
I meant right about the points, no worries. Let's see if we're having a good race in Valencia, too. I don't really like the track, to be honest.

Know one likes valencia. I love street circuits, but this one i'm not a fan of.

I strongly dislike Valencia however it is tolerable, barely. :grumpy:

I'll have to work until 8pm, at least. I could try to be there if we're starting at 8pm GMT instead, so 30 minutes later, if that's ok.

I'm fine with pushing back the time.

First of all, thx guys for great race ! I had a lot of fun this time.

I didn't push to hard in quali, just did one lap to get time (good 5th place in the grid) and have fresh tyres.

I had great start, overtook BlacqueJacques right away, then saw someone spun at 2nd corner (Mr.S), so i was 3rd !

Our three raced few laps and drive away the rest. Then on i guess 4th or 5th lap i got puncture just before 3rd corner and crashed a bit. Lost a lot of time and almost everyone overtook me.

I went to pits for fresh supersofts and pushed hard. I pitted again when SC was deployed (got a trophy for it) and catched the pack just when SC was going off to pits.

I saw few crashes (i think DaveMay96 and thunderjolt) so i gain places and was catching BlacqueJacques who was 4th.

I pitted earlier and pushed again, then i catched him after he pitted. I think BlacqueJacques was running on lean mix, because i had no problem overtaking him.

When i was happy to be 4th i saw i'm on 3rd :) Don't know where i catched PAWEL17 ?

And when i was happy to get FL (a lap before lastlap) - PAWEL have taken it from me ! :/ lol

So thx again i had great time, and was truly tired after the race.

PS. Valencia is difficult track, but hope to be good race again !

Back