Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
XDesperado67
Today was only my second attempt at drifting and first on the current seasonal event...going to try the dirt one now...:dopey:

Oh and I moved all the way up to 27,767th with my last run!:bowdown::gtpflag::lol:

I've got a funny one for dirt too :dopey:

Lol I read this at first and I thought you meant you got 35,000 points and now are in first place overall with that brown box. I was like this guy must think I'm and idiot to believe that and I may need to test his new tune lol. Getting gold in that little thing is still pretty good tho. Assuming you know the track and where to enter etc you should try out one of my more powerful cars and see how well you can really do.

Also how do you check your friends?

Lol I read this at first and I thought you meant you got 35,000 points and now are in first place overall with that brown box. I was like this guy must think I'm and idiot to believe that and I may need to test his new tune lol. Getting gold in that little thing is still pretty good tho. Assuming you know the track and where to enter etc you should try out one of my more powerful cars and see how well you can really do.

Not sure how much is my improving driving skills...:embarrassed:
And how much is the tune, but now have it jacked nearly all the way up with truely ridiculous negative toe and camber and my transmission set so I top out at around 83mph in 5th. Max springs and anti roll bars and nearly maxed out dampers.:odd:

Probably a terrible tune but I'm having fun with it. Once I Gold the dirt track with it I'll publish "Harvey's Smoke Break" aka "The Little Brown Box".:lol::lol:

Good for a laugh if nothing else.:D

Yeah! Who's the "Dream Drifter" now!
Gold on the dirt with "Harvey's Smoke Break".:D:bowdown::gtpflag:

Last edited:

If you check the online leader board (in the start menu) there is a little box that says something like "friends list leader board" (I'm not on right now so I'm not sure what it says :dopey: ). I'm most likely on the bottom of your list, but I drift in the dirt with my Tesla :dopey:

krenkme
If you check the online leader board (in the start menu) there is a little box that says something like "friends list leader board" (I'm not on right now so I'm not sure what it says :dopey: ). I'm most likely on the bottom of your list, but I drift in the dirt with my Tesla :dopey:
Lol ok thanks

Volkswagen 1200 1966

What a funny car to drift in lol. This car actually looks pretty sweet once parts are added. There is a few cool spoilers and rims for it while the carbon fiber hood actually has potential to look really good. It drifts fairly well for something with so little power and shouldn't really have any issues. The only problem is between 2 and 3 gear for some reason it goes really low revs so when shifting into lower gears if you shift into 3 as you feel that is the right gear shift down again to 2. That way you guarantee you will be in the high revs still and than can just shift up to 3 when you need to.

P.S. this pic is extra awesome. I saw it and had to have it represent this car. It is the reason I even made this tune. It was taken by Boabdulrahman who has some very nice other pictures in his gallery.

Last edited:
shmogt
O man I wish I had a tune for that. I was gonna make my own, but I saw this guy on youtube who has the sickest video of him drfiting one and I am trying to get his tune. Hopefully he says it's ok to post it

The wheel makes it harder to drift, but they can be done. It doesn't really matter the tune for wheel or controller just you will have to know how to drive it properly

What was his YouTube name?

Ok I made a tune for it. The car I got 13,000 with and the leader has 20,000. However my car has around 200hp less and weights 200kg more since I just used my current car which doesn't have any engine or weight reductions. I forgot to write it don tho lol sorry I will share it when I get to my PS3 next.

shmogt
Ok I made a tune for it. The car I got 13,000 with and the leader has 20,000. However my car has around 200hp less and weights 200kg more since I just used my current car which doesn't have any engine or weight reductions. I forgot to write it don tho lol sorry I will share it when I get to my PS3 next.

No problem and thank you Shmogt for helping me out :-)

Car: Toyota 86 GT 2012
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 378HP/7900rpm
Torque: 255 ft-lb/7400rpm
Weight: 1092 kg
Miles: 52.2
Performance Points: 508

PARTS:
All parts. I'm using comfort hard tires. Optional spoiler for looks

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0 (lowest if you got the spoiler)
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
This transmission is tricky to set so follow close attention. Set the top speed, than all the gears, than the final gear. After that move the final gear two clicks to the right. The gears will change, but that's what you want.
1st: 3.924
2nd: 2.908
3rd: 2.359
4th: 1.957
5th: 1.653
6th: 1.427
Final: 4.200
Top Speed: 112

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/60
Accel: xx/60
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 13.0/5.5
Extension: 9/5
Compression: 8/4
Anti-Roll: 5/2
Camber: 3.2/8.0
Toe: -0.40/-0.57

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/5

TUNER COMMENTS:

Ok this car is solely for the purpose of the new drift seasonal. I won pretty easy. I originally didn't have the engine mods or weight reduction, but I had to put them on to see what the car could really do. The answer is pretty much the same scores lol. It is a lot easier to get higher scores when the car is maxed out tho. If you want you could use it for normal drifting as it does drift it's just a little strange to me. Hopefully you all beat it.

Edit Jan 29/12: this tune was slightly edited by killer tiller for transmission and suspension.

Last edited:
shmogt
Car: Toyota 86 GT 2012
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 378HP/7900rpm
Torque: 255 ft-lb/7400rpm
Weight: 1092 kg
Miles: 52.2
Performance Points: 508

PARTS:
All parts. I'm using comfort hard tires. Optional spoiler for looks

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0 (lowest if you got the spoiler)
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 3.924
2nd: 2.908
3rd: 2.359
4th: 1.957
5th: 1.653
6th: 1.427
Final: 4.200
Top Speed: 112

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/60
Accel: xx/60
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 13.0/6.4
Extension: 9/5
Compression: 8/4
Anti-Roll: 5/2
Camber: 2.2/5.3
Toe: -0.35/-047

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/5

TUNER COMMENTS:

Ok this car is solely for the purpose of the new drift seasonal. I won pretty easy. I originally didn't have the engine mods or weight reduction, but I had to put them on to see what the car could really do. The answer is pretty much the same scores lol. It is a lot easier to get higher scores when the car is maxed out tho. If you want you could use it for normal drifting as it does drift it's just a little strange to me. Hopefully you all beat it.

How the **** did you make a drifter. I find the car too stable, the ft86 is better for drifting.

obsessive rules
How the **** did you make a drifter. I find the car too stable, the ft86 is better for drifting.

It is very stable, but that's easy to fix. Did you try it in the seasonal and if so how do you find it?

Back