Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
Correction of Known Issues (unofficial):
  • Jaguar XJR-9 paint chip has own name now

That's right, it got now the name "XJR-9 Purple".

But much more imortant is the fact that you won't receive anymore a paint chip for buying the car after the 2.04 patch, which makes the XJR-9 Purple paint chip now the rarest paint chip in the whole game! :sly:

Here are 2 more bugs, missing on your list:

★ The GT5 log shows every received (gifted) paint as "Yellow Solid:..."

It doesn't matter which color you receive, they all showing up in the log as "Yellow Solid:", followed by the actual name of the paint. Quite annoying. Happens, I think, since around patch 2.00. :crazy:

★ In the Special Event/Grand Tour/Eigernordwand (german version of GT5) it states that the Alfa 8C is a FWD car ("Frontantrieb" means "front wheel drive" in english).

This funny bug is present since release & never got patched. :lol:

★ Can't collect anymore ticket 1000's after you've reached the item limit (7000 items)!

When you have to click the gift message away to delete one of your items to be able to collect the ticket 1000, the gift message doesn't pop up again. The info, it got delivered or not should be stored somewhere in the game & gift you the ticket later when it's possible.

Because that's how it works in the online seasonals when you can't collect a ticket. You can press the message away & leave the seasonals, go back to your item list & delete f.e. a paint chip, then when you go back to the seasonal tab the gift message pops up again & you can collect the ticket. 👍

Or give us a option to disable the daily login bonus. Or better, what items you want not receive anymore (museum cards, paints, gear & horns). I don't want to mess up all the time my collection (key word: bugged ítem list). :sly:

Last edited:
I noticed something while "duping/creating" paints on my sub account... IDK if it was just me but when you get the XJR-9 now it DOES NOT provide a paint ticket anymore. I know previously it was an unnamed purple and recently was named "XJR-9 Purple"

Was it something that happened today that I did wrong that I did not get the paint chip or are others noticing the same thing (I opened my DLC car from the truck on my sub account as I have been doing a few days prior to 2.0.4 and sending to my main)

Nevermind... I see that on the post above me.... well, I am not going crazy then. I will confirm the post above!

Not sure if this is new or not but in the dealership, manufactures with lots of cars shows an right and left arrow.

The 1983 Lancer EX 1800 is an awd drive vehicle, yet it is marked as a FR in the notes, and marked as awd in the description.

Not sure if this happened to anybody else, but i bought a Toyota Tacoma in the OCD and went to change the oil but the oil change guy's kart which he lies on is invisible? I distinctively remember that he had one and that it was red..

Wow, you guys are amazing at this. There's so many stuff found. If I was a developer and debugger for GT5, this is the ultimate reference.

Evolvedsoul
Not sure if this happened to anybody else, but i bought a Toyota Tacoma in the OCD and went to change the oil but the oil change guy's kart which he lies on is invisible? I distinctively remember that he had one and that it was red..

Read the thread before posting. It is there, just in the corner. It stays still while he rolls under your ride

After I downloaded the 2.04 patch and then upgraded the PS3 firmware I got the following issue:

"Insufficient free space on Hard Disk Drive (HDD). At least 32MB required. Please exit the game and free up some space. 0x00000000 [272]"."

I had plenty of space in the HD. I had to delete the game data and reinstall it. Game save wasn't harmed.

Description of Corvette C1 is description of Chevy Silverado (english version).

It is correct now:

img0299yl.jpg

I just noticed this booting up GT5. It is now copyright 2012, not 2010, or 2011. *puts in kinda pointless info bin*

Has anyone had a freeze when they loaded a older patch ghost replay during a time trail in the current patch and freeze when they crossed the line on the first lap? Mine was 2.04 vs 2.03 but it doesnt have to be those.
Tested it without any problems o_O

The one you quoted (Community screen) isn't annoying but the one in the paint chip screen is. It can't have been done on purpose as it now takes 3 times longer to navigate around.
Both should be included in the change log. Possibly one or both as bugs. A developer has probably reset them by mistake. If this thread is used to track new changes or errors then they should be in as they changed with this version.
If PD were to refer to this document they might not realise it has happened if it's not on the first page.
Try to look at it without old habits. It makes sense. In Community screen cursor goes to right side according to where is previously. So if you are at bottom of users list it goes to remote race, if your at top it goes to "forum" (don't know if it is named the same in english version).
I agree in paints list it's annoying but I think it's done on purpose.

That's right, it got now the name "XJR-9 Purple".
But much more imortant is the fact that you won't receive anymore a paint chip for buying the car after the 2.04 patch, which makes the XJR-9 Purple paint chip now the rarest paint chip in the whole game! :sly:

Here are 2 more bugs, missing on your list:
★ The GT5 log shows every received (gifted) paint as "Yellow Solid:..."

It doesn't matter which color you receive, they all showing up in the log as "Yellow Solid:", followed by the actual name of the paint. Quite annoying. Happens, I think, since around patch 2.00. :crazy:

★ In the Special Event/Grand Tour/Eigernordwand (german version of GT5) it states that the Alfa 8C is a FWD car ("Frontantrieb" means "front wheel drive" in english).

This funny bug is present since release & never got patched. :lol:

★ Can't collect anymore ticket 1000's after you've reached the item limit (7000 items)!

When you have to click the gift message away to delete one of your items to be able to collect the ticket 1000, the gift message doesn't pop up again. The info, it got delivered or not should be stored somewhere in the game & gift you the ticket later when it's possible.

Because that's how it works in the online seasonals when you can't collect a ticket. You can press the message away & leave the seasonals, go back to your item list & delete f.e. a paint chip, then when you go back to the seasonal tab the gift message pops up again & you can collect the ticket. 👍

Or give us a option to disable the daily login bonus. Or better, what items you want not receive anymore (museum cards, paints, gear & horns). I don't want to mess up all the time my collection (key word: bugged ítem list). :sly:
Wow. Impressive list. Thank you very much.

Jag paint - didn't know about that, added.

Gifted paints - it's not always "yellow solid". I have "championship white" :D But you're right it is a bug :)

Alfa 8C - yup in polish version it's wrong too. I really wish translators had some average knowledge about automotive world :/

Items - can't decide here. There is a limit. Period. Logic behaviour, but I still have no idea why there is a limit.

The 1983 Lancer EX 1800 is an awd drive vehicle, yet it is marked as a FR in the notes, and marked as awd in the description.
Are you sure? My sources (I have links on another pc) say that it was FR car, not AWD. That doesn't change the fact that description is wrong.

Wow, you guys are amazing at this. There's so many stuff found. If I was a developer and debugger for GT5, this is the ultimate reference.
Thank you :) We hope that PD will use our list.

After I downloaded the 2.04 patch and then upgraded the PS3 firmware I got the following issue:
"Insufficient free space on Hard Disk Drive (HDD). At least 32MB required. Please exit the game and free up some space. 0x00000000 [272]"."
I had plenty of space in the HD. I had to delete the game data and reinstall it. Game save wasn't harmed.
I heard about similar issues, but there is not know pattern for this behaviour :/

It is correct now: (pic of C1 description)
Do you have US or UK version? I'm not sure but mercgoat reported that his description is still wrong.

I just noticed this booting up GT5. It is now copyright 2012, not 2010, or 2011. *puts in kinda pointless info bin*
It's normal thing. Usually websites have generated copyright not that just changes according to current year. It might be the same here.

Phew. That's all for now I think. If I forgot about something correct me.

Hi,

Im a very big fan of bug reporting and work at an IT company, who creates programes etc etc.
I personally want to add something on this topic, on bugs in programmes, for creators to fix:
If a bug is found, you have to have/create a plan how to exactly reproduce the bug.
The only thing what is actually worrying me is that several things are noted do not have valid reproducable scenarios.

If there are no valid reproducable scenarios for the found 'bugs', the creator will not always see it as a 'official' bug. This means that if you found a bug, that another person or yourself can reproduce with exact steps to enter this bug again. (an good example in this case in GT5: sounds of engine are gone when >600 kmh, when you test this, they remain gone,when a 2nd person test this on another PS3 with a different car and the sound still are gone, its reproducable.)
I hope you get what I mean...

Its just a tip and my 2 cents on bug reporting.

I think it kinda goes against the whole community aspect when you can't play dlc tracks you havent bought online. Hear me out:

- if your friends don't buy it then they can't play with you. Multiplayer games are only fun when played with friends.

Instead of more people buying tracks so that they can play, less people will buy then since they know their friends will not.

Also overall the community gets fragmented and therefore shrinks...

I don't know if anyone else is affected too, but about the Corvette C1 description being corrected, my C1 description still has the Silverado SS description.

deviln3
I think it kinda goes against the whole community aspect when you can't play dlc tracks you havent bought online. Hear me out:

- if your friends don't buy it then they can't play with you. Multiplayer games are only fun when played with friends.

Instead of more people buying tracks so that they can play, less people will buy then since they know their friends will not.

It appears sales figures show a great many people buying the tracks. It is possible the people who don't will have a very small community.

Also, if I choose not to purchase the dlc my friends are not going to deprive themselves of the fun. More likely I will recieve words of encouragement to purchase it myself.....preceeded and followed by insults and expletives. I have a great group of friends eh?

deviln3

I disagree. I get your point, but with that thinking you end up asking the question "why bother anyone buying the dlc?"

If anyone can use it then there is no need to purchase. Add to that that I feel like I have been ripped off for buying when others have not yet still use it.

Just my opinion, but I agree with what pd have done. Give everyone a little while to try it out and then let them decide if they wanna buy or not

Hi,

Im a very big fan of bug reporting and work at an IT company, who creates programes etc etc.
I personally want to add something on this topic, on bugs in programmes, for creators to fix:
If a bug is found, you have to have/create a plan how to exactly reproduce the bug.
The only thing what is actually worrying me is that several things are noted do not have valid reproducable scenarios.

If there are no valid reproducable scenarios for the found 'bugs', the creator will not always see it as a 'official' bug. This means that if you found a bug, that another person or yourself can reproduce with exact steps to enter this bug again. (an good example in this case in GT5: sounds of engine are gone when >600 kmh, when you test this, they remain gone,when a 2nd person test this on another PS3 with a different car and the sound still are gone, its reproducable.)
I hope you get what I mean...

Its just a tip and my 2 cents on bug reporting.
You are totally right. Some of these bugs have been taken from old 2.0.2 list and still are not verified. I plan to clean this up with next update as some of bugs have not been reported again since 2.0.2. I don't play much online so in that section I rely on others, but still bug have to be verified by more than one user. Believe me, I didn't add many reports as they had too less details. Other than online bugs I try to reproduce myself.

It's the European version. The description was wrong at launch, but it's correct now.
Thanks, as you see in post above yours problem is still there but for US version.

Same mistake with the Italian version.
Thanks, added.

Guys, there are better threads to discuss if DLC tracks should be available for everyone online ;)

XJR-9 (standard and premium) description claims it ran LeMans in 1998. Really it was in 1988 (US english version)
Same mistake with the Italian version.

Hey Abraxas you added the error in the wrong place.

I remember there was a bug that showed your driver completely headless when the win icon appears in an online race.

I don't exactly know the requirements to get this to happen, but does anyone know if this is fixed?

I am not 100% sure it came with 2.04, but the center differential on my Impreza '10 is now only adjustable in increments of 5. I used to run a 34 - 66 split (group A style) but that is no longer possible.
I have not tested if all cars are affected.

Edit: I see that you already have discovered this change.

Last edited:
I remember there was a bug that showed your driver completely headless when the win icon appears in an online race.

I don't exactly know the requirements to get this to happen, but does anyone know if this is fixed?

This happens due to the racer having installed Horizon 00 Helmet.
The Double Stripe 00 Suit also does the same thing as both these items are known as Glitch Gear. Been around since just before the first DLC.

get someone other than room owner on track in a 'kart only' lobby. then, once kart is on track, reset room to 'no restriction'

This did work. But I suppose there is no way to have karts AND Ferrari F1 at the same time on a track?

This happens due to the racer having installed Horizon 00 Helmet.
The Double Stripe 00 Suit also does the same thing as both these items are known as Glitch Gear. Been around since just before the first DLC.

That's good to know. :lol:👍

Does it only work online or in offline races/replays as well? :confused:

And what happens if you use a glitcher car like this one? Is it as well invisible? :confused:

Yeah, as I said. If the person who is in the kart stays on track, then the person who wants the f10 resets and then goes to track should work? Or it may be the other way round (restrict to f1 only and then unrestrict for karts?)

Others I need help to confirm. Having sound issues with Stealth NSX.

At around 5500 RPM I get the sound breaking up and switching speakers. It's very terrible and the bouncing of channels is completely annoying.

Enter a turn and the sound will favor the side you are turning too.

We've tried this in several tracks, offline, online, different PS3 with its own account. All present.

Introduce the ARTA NSX in the same tests. It's works perfect. Sound is fantastic like the Stealth used to be. No channel swapping it breaking up. No channel swapping in turns.

This is mostly noticed in Bumper cam.

If anyone could check this. You really need Surround Sound or 5.1 headset to get the full effect if this sound bug.

Thanks!!

Back