Motor City Tunes

The only cure for the YB is , you need to put a boatload of Ballast to the Front.
A FC LSD or FC Suspension alone can´t cure the lose Front. ;)

Try the Blackbird I´ve tuned , should be in Adrenalin´s thread ( Every GtPlanet tune that exist in this thread... or something like that)

raVer

I have taken two shots at the Yellow Bird and haven't been happy with the final tune either time, so I didn't post them. I do want to do a tune from start to finish and show my tuning notes along the way. I started this with the Yellow Bird a couple of weeks ago. I am keeping record of every change that I make and the impact that it had on lap time. It's quite a project. I think I need to pick that back up and get the Yellow Bird Project finished.

Yeah I haven't really had much luck driving this thing around in anything less than racing softs.

The only cure for the YB is , you need to put a boatload of Ballast to the Front.
A FC LSD or FC Suspension alone can´t cure the lose Front. ;)

Try the Blackbird I´ve tuned , should be in Adrenalin´s thread ( Every GtPlanet tune that exist in this thread... or something like that)

raVer

Actually, the first tune I tried was Adrenaline's tune and it didn't really work for me unless I threw on Racing softs and prayed on some of the corners. I also didn't see his thread mentioning anything about putting ballast to the front. That being said, I do see what you mean by putting a ton of ballast to the front, but the only tune that I saw do that was Praiano's, but that one didn't work well for me either.

Maybe its unrealistic to drive this car in only Sport Softs

I am tuning the Yellow Bird on sport softs. Racing softs isn't really tuning, it's just masking some of the car's problems. I have tried every Yellow Bird tune that I have seen posted on GT Planet and I don't think anyone has really solved this car. Maybe it should become one of the F.I.T.T. shootouts - who can improve the Yellow Bird the most compared to stock?

I have been able to make it driveable, but it's still quirky. I'm not really sure why I don't just post the tune where I'm at and update the progress along the way? I seem to come back to this car and play with it about every six weeks. Maybe that's what I'll do? I should think about the Yellow Bird as an evolution and just face that it will never be perfect?

I am tuning the Yellow Bird on sport softs. Racing softs isn't really tuning, it's just masking some of the car's problems. I have tried every Yellow Bird tune that I have seen posted on GT Planet and I don't think anyone has really solved this car. Maybe it should become one of the F.I.T.T. shootouts - who can improve the Yellow Bird the most compared to stock?

I have been able to make it driveable, but it's still quirky. I'm not really sure why I don't just post the tune where I'm at and update the progress along the way? I seem to come back to this car and play with it about every six weeks. Maybe that's what I'll do? I should think about the Yellow Bird as an evolution and just face that it will never be perfect?

Oh god no , i am sure it will kill numerous of testdrivers , i have tested out some dangerous tunes for that car allready :P

I really want that car to work online for me but it is a handfull ...
No serious the F.I.T.T. event idea could actually be fun 👍

6796742785_bfc6c63abb.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Tune in progress...

Last edited:
Very nice..... Is it your car ?? i can see Hamilton writen on the glass :):). How much front camber on it? seems not a few...

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°/

Yes, that's my Spec Miata. Run as much front camber as I can get. Currently that's about -3.0 degrees on each side. The rear seems to like -2.5 to -2.8 depending on the track.

Hi there,
nice Tuninguide for the avarage joe ;) helped me a lot,

any tipps if im NOT using sports soft? e.g. im running racing hards a lot, or just trial and error?

[E]: Seems like I was blind when first reading, everything is mentioned in your guide, so again, thanks :D

Last edited:
Thanks, this is really informative. Do you mind me asking how you got into racing the spec miata, or SCCA? I'm just starting to drive, so advice for the future to get into motorsports would be really nice. If you'd rather discuss over pm let me know, I don't mind.

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
173hp, 1085kg, 399PP

This car was specially tuned for the F.I.T.T. 400PP Competition at Nurburgh on comfort soft tires.

Installed Parts
Front Aero A
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Fully customizable trans
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension fully customizable
Comfort Soft Tires

Offline Nurburgring Nordschleife
RH 0/0
Springs 6.5/5.0
Dampers ext 5/5
Dampers comp 4/3
ARB 3/3
Camber 2.1/1.8
Toe -0.10/0.05
LSD 11/8/9
Downforce na
Brake balance 5/4
Ballast not allowed
Balast Position not allowed
Power Level 100%
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 2.050
3rd gear 1.600
4th gear 1.300
5th gear 1.080
6th gear 0.915
Final gear 4.000
Top Speed 230 km/143 mph

Last edited:
Hi there. I'm looking for a good tyre wearing online NASCAR tune for HSR. Have a 40 lap race tonight with 502 BHP, and although my 1:05 times are ok (best I've seen is 1:04), I'm in between a two and three stop.

Front height is -10 and rear is +5. All other parts are mid range, with camber at 1.1 and 0.9. +0.02 Toe on both.

It's the fronts that are wearing quick.

What can I do to increase tyre wear. Any help is appreciated.

Hi there. I'm looking for a good tyre wearing online NASCAR tune for HSR. Have a 40 lap race tonight with 502 BHP, and although my 1:05 times are ok (best I've seen is 1:04), I'm in between a two and three stop.

Front height is -10 and rear is +5. All other parts are mid range, with camber at 1.1 and 0.9. +0.02 Toe on both.

It's the fronts that are wearing quick.

What can I do to increase tyre wear. Any help is appreciated.

Another Kyle Busch fan??? He's not a suitable replacement for Dale Sr.

I don't do much NASCAR in GT5 yet. I can't even remember whether or not i have even driven a NASCAR on High Speed Ring. And for sure I know that I haven't driven a NASCAR since the change in tire modeling. I do have a road course tune that was made for SPA. It has a pretty good front/rear balance so it should be good on tire wear?

just tested out the miata 400pp. Suspension is spot on handles great no matter what you seem to try to do. Really like how it handles under braking. Does it have to do with the dampers? Full throttle high speed corners were causing understeer for me so i changed the geometry and now i can take Schwedenkreuz along with other corners balls to the wall. LSD settings are great. Initial torque rotates the car before it locks just right. 4.6/5 for me.

http://www.saufbach.de/Bilder/Rennstre/Nurburgr/nordschleife1500_1.jpg nur turn names

just tested out the miata 400pp. Suspension is spot on handles great no matter what you seem to try to do. Really like how it handles under braking. Does it have to do with the dampers? Full throttle high speed corners were causing understeer for me so i changed the geometry and now i can take Schwedenkreuz along with other corners balls to the wall. LSD settings are great. Initial torque rotates the car before it locks just right. 4.6/5 for me.

http://www.saufbach.de/Bilder/Rennstre/Nurburgr/nordschleife1500_1.jpg nur turn names

I hear you on the bit of understeer. The test drivers in this competition range from expert to newby. I tried to play the middle. The car is a little bit more tame than I would race with it, but was trying not to kill any beginners.

As for the braking, I believe it's mostly due to the LSC Decel and the brake balance.

i figured that was the reason it was understeering. Im going to give a go to a couple more of your setups, which ones would you suggest. Preferably something you race regularly if possible.

Have you ever tuned the Chevy Camaro 10 RM for a road course (Laguna Seca)?
The series Im running we run 1240 kg weight and 611hp (no supercharger) on Racing hard tires.
I've run some of your tune and like them.

Last edited:
I've been playing the GT series well sense the first version hit the us. Over the years I have worked on tuning a car but never really knowing how far that I could push. Or maybe that I just wanted to get it just far enough to get me through the race. But with 5, I have found that I want to be able to push my self further in how I tuned cars. And I must thank you Hami for sharing with us a really good starting point with your "starter" tunes.

I've been playing the GT series well sense the first version hit the us. Over the years I have worked on tuning a car but never really knowing how far that I could push. Or maybe that I just wanted to get it just far enough to get me through the race. But with 5, I have found that I want to be able to push my self further in how I tuned cars. And I must thank you Hami for sharing with us a really good starting point with your "starter" tunes.

Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to stop by and ask questions as you get more advanced in your tuning.

Have you ever tuned the Chevy Camaro 10 RM for a road course (Laguna Seca)?
The series Im running we run 1240 kg weight and 611hp (no supercharger) on Racing hard tires.
I've run some of your tune and like them.

Haven't played with too many of the Camaros - just the '69 RM version. I find that PD programmed many of the american cars pretty close to each other. If I were to tune a 2010 Camaro, I would start with one of my Corvette tunes.

i figured that was the reason it was understeering. Im going to give a go to a couple more of your setups, which ones would you suggest. Preferably something you race regularly if possible.

I've spent alot of time with Miatas, Corvettes and any of the newer tunes that I have posted with PP levels. I think the car that I have spent the most time with are the GT500 NSXs.

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
448hp, 1075kg, 575PP

6879806517_8478559ac8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

This is one of the fastest online tunes that I have built to date. I can't believe how well this car corners. This tune was built while racing in an online lobby for 575PP TCs vs. RMs at LaSarthe. If this tune is a bit aggressive for you or if you are finding differences between the G27 and the DS3, increase LSD initial settings until it tones down enough for you.

Tuned using G27 wheel.

Installed Parts
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Low RPM Turbo
Fully customizable trans
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension fully customizable
Racing Soft Tires

Online LaSarthe Tune
RH 5/5
Springs 8.4/6.3
Dampers ext 6/4
Dampers comp 4/3
ARB 4/4
Camber 3.0/2.5
Toe -0.10/0.10
LSD 14/13/9
Downforce 30/40
Brake balance 5/5
Ballast 100kg
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 50/50
Power Level 92.3%
1st gear 2.605
2nd gear 1.800
3rd gear 1.370
4th gear 1.085
5th gear 0.900
6th gear 0.770
Final gear 4.300
Top Speed 320 km/199 mph

Last edited:
tune for Nissan R390 road car ?
tks in advance

Have a 600PP tune already posted in the garage. I honestly haven't spent a ton of time with this car. Just enough to use it in some of the time trials. I would say that it is a good tune, but not stellar. Give it a try and let me know how the car is reacting in corner entry, mid corner and exit. Happy to offer up advice on making the tune fit your driving style.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6223585#post6223585

Have a 600PP tune already posted in the garage. I honestly haven't spent a ton of time with this car. Just enough to use it in some of the time trials. I would say that it is a good tune, but not stellar. Give it a try and let me know how the car is reacting in corner entry, mid corner and exit. Happy to offer up advice on making the tune fit your driving style.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6223585#post6223585

Thank you very much. With your tune i improve my time with 1,5 sec. My style is to accelerate from the mid corner.

Last edited:
The GT5 Tuning Handbook should be a good title for this topic

Thank you. I think beginning tuners can get a great start by reading Scaff's guide for GT4, my guides and the LSD Summary guide linked in my signature.

Feel free to stop by the garage for some honest tuning advice.

I've been trying to tune the Cobra '66 downtuned at 505pp (habit, many fun online sessions at this pp) to perform miracles on the Nordschleife,

I just wanted to say thank you MC Hami, for posting your guide, where in the advanced section you advocate to begin with Anti-Roll settings before diving in too deep into other settings, and it really makes a difference , in reducing time and frustration to get the car somewhat balanced.

Once the ARB settles the car better, it makes sense to fine tune all the rest.

I still have problems in getting the car to grip on corner entry from slowdowns, I am trying many logical steps, but I think this car is just to "skinny" to handle the way I'd like it to. (but a late night experiment to jack up the IT LSD from 8 all the way to 55, really did prove better interesting results)

Also, to down tune it to 505pp, I have to throw a massive ballast of 200kg, and I prefer it at the rear, but I experiment from position 40 thru 50, in that regard.

I'm getting closer to becoming an LFA / Ferrari 512BB / Miura prototype lap speed contender with it though. ( I can draft at 310km/hr with it, or 290km top without draft)

I just need it to handle better in chicanes (their corner entries), but I feel the heavy ballast is preventing the car from settling in various spots around the track.

Mid corner to exit is fantastic so far. But much of my time is lost from understeering from slowing down toward corner entry. Even with cambers set near 3.0 range, and rear toe at around +.30s , front toe around -.18ish (amazing how these settings don't affect top speed, and time it takes to get there with this car)

I'm using racing softs, and I feel I am even close to performing wheelies with it , but I'll stray from that.

ride height is lower in rear than front, and close to level . somwhere in -4 / -7 .. there is no feeling of bottoming out, or loss of traction from bumps with it so far.

I think LSD was 11 / 17 / 14
Springs somewhere 10.x / 8.x
low front damping, high rear extention, medium rear comp.

Sorry, i don't have settings from memory, I really should get a smartphone and snap pictures...

Last edited:
I still have problems in getting the car to grip on corner entry from slowdowns...

I just need it to handle better in chicanes, but I feel the heavy ballast is preventing the car from settling in various spots around the track.

Mid corner to exit is fantastic so far. QUOTE]

Explain in a little more detail what is happening during corner entry down to apex. It won't turn in and is turning the outside front tire red? Or it is loose as snot and I can't keep the back end under it under braking and/or when I turn in? A change to the LSD decel and/or Brake balance may be able to help. That would be the big swing to a fix, then there may also be some fine tuning gains too?

I do remember having a brake balance of 4 / 0, (courtesy of Praiano :) as having had a 3/4 when I first experimented with it, always threw the rear out, under braking.

but with this 4/0, the car would plow toward the front, resulting in the corner entry understeers.

So I tried a 4/1, then finally deceided on a 3/2 and it is much better. I even raised comp front by one, to reduce rate of front end drop, but too much of this would result in oversteer at rear.

I will further try a 2/1 or 1/1, havent got around to it yet.

my only aid is ABS @1, I fear for the worst at ABS 0 at this time with this car.
Logitech G25 Manual shift, often spreading gear ratios toward mid/wider settings, to prevent too high RPM on downshifts, while being in good power line for pedal to the metal requirements.

What happens on corner entry? I don't believe my rear tires ever turned red with this car. I can tell alot about the car I'm driving, toward the first split time of between 1:16-1:18 range (offline practice, real grip, no tire consumption)

One thing I noticed, is this car drops speed very quickly on simple throttle release, perhaps engine decompression is at play. (wish the sound of this was better implemented, with clutch plates)

if front tire(s) turn red, it would be only for a split second, usually outside front, rarely do tires ever stay red for long.

TL;DR, on corner entry , the car would seem to understeer as if all 4 tires are drifting away, but settling the car in a mild (10-15%) oversteer fashion, point its way toward mid apex, while understeering, tires being whitish. Its the best I can describe it without video at this time.

@ toward Hatzenbach 1st highspeed righthander , in an MR, I could coast this at 195-200km, but this car pushes wide on entry, lowering it to 180 at most.

Then right under required braking from 210km/hr approaching the actual Hatzenback, I usually negotiate this one at 135km/hr+ in an MR, this Cobra only at 118~ ish..

@Flugplatz, The double apex right hander, right up from the 1st bridge, strangely, it flies into the first apex too suddenly (losing speed down to 180-190), but can floor it immediately out of this corner at 205km/hr, white tires here, that's so far so good at this high speed corner. (Actually, a hint of red on outside rear here lol)
(MR evora I can 217km/hr from beggining to end with it)

@ Schwedenkreuz, approaching it, at 275 km/hr (makes 270 before crest), I often survive this ok, holding the apex anywhere from a measly 200 (if too nervous), to a much preferred 235-240, both cars can do this ok, which I'm happy about.

@ Aremberg, late apex right hander, toward the first checkered split time, this is where I dread the Cobra from the understeer (car pointing as oversteer), from the harsh required slowdown of the straight behind me, the Cobra loses too much time settling into the late apex. Like 3 seconds, that's unforgiveable for me.
The MR Evora dives in at 140, and chisels it through flat out in 3rd gear, usually where I pass everyone online.

Thus crossing the split time in 1:18s offline in the Cobra, thanks to it's high speed and acceleration, but loses too much time in entries.

The 2nd split time at top, I can do 1:47.500 with the Cobra, imagine if I could fix my entries, it would beat the Evora at 1:43.500

Thx for reading, sort of a Diary of the Nurburgring I'm writing out here.

Last edited:
Lambob - what is your LSD decel setting? Could that be too high? Lower would provide more turn in. Plus, I would experiment with brake settings like 6/5 or 6/4.

I think LSD was 11 / 17 / 14

if I set Decel lower, it will oversteer on braking, even with small rear brake bias.
range 13-19 on decel seemed to work good.

I'll retry the higher brake bias settings, although i prefer less powerful brakes in this track, i tend to brake a tad early (often times, using cadence style , or two shot braking, just to light up the stoplights, and with less gusto, and follow through corners with good speed.

Latest Posts

Back