Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

And another challenge bites Harvey's dust, yo! :lol:

:lol: The power of the SSR with the Wallbanger banging away at the wheel.

Anyway, as Niku has been told yesterday, a big brit storm is brewing in my corner of the garage.

All I will say is that one of them has lapped the 'Ring 24H track in 9:18.xxx and laps the Nordschleife version in a 7:21.xxx, which isn't exactly shabby, is it? :D

Now…If I can pull myself away from driving it, it should be out in the wild in the coming days. Hopefully.

Now…If I can pull myself away from driving it, it should be out in the wild in the coming days. Hopefully.

Please do that, Sir Onboy, people need to see the awesomeness that I saw in that Brit beauty:drool:. Oh, and Harvey's X-factor is nearing release, so keep an eye for that too... The ultimate small car for rally (and road too) is coming.

Please do that, Sir Onboy, people need to see the awesomeness that I saw in that Brit beauty:drool:. Oh, and Harvey's X-factor is nearing release, so keep an eye for that too... The ultimate small car for rally (and road too) is coming.

Well, until I get the cats to behave, the batch won't be out just yet. Though the Carlton is very much near completion. :D

X-Factor vs Pocket Monster anyone? :D

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

:lol:

I might take part in the testing end then. :D

I'm giving a few tips ,then. The High range turbo is good for power, but if you want a more balanced behaviour, go for the Mid range turbo. Tires wise, good in sports, amazing in racing (you already know that, of course...:sly:).

I'll get "Niku's X-Factor" tune up later today. May also get that last Jag posted as well.:drool:

Need to buckle down and get that Legacy set up with the bad handling:odd: for the movie people done today as well.

Then there's seeing if I can crack 6k in the Nordschleife drift trial with my "Whitesnake" if I can then I'll post my second drift tune as ole Harvey Wallbanger here already managed a 9k in the current American drift trial on Sarthe with it.:D

Finally since the Wallbanger managed to get Gold in the American 500PP TT on Cape Ring in the "Super Spooky Rod ToF edition" I'll put "Spooky" on a diet and see how he performs minus a few hundred kg and some significant power loss.:lol:

I'll get "Niku's X-Factor" tune up later today. May also get that last Jag posted as well.:drool:

Need to buckle down and get that Legacy set up with the bad handling:odd: for the movie people done today as well.

Then there's seeing if I can crack 6k in the Nordschleife drift trial with my "Whitesnake" if I can then I'll post my second drift tune as ole Harvey Wallbanger here already managed a 9k in the current American drift trial on Sarthe with it.:D

Finally since the Wallbanger managed to get Gold in the American 500PP TT on Cape Ring in the "Super Spooky Rod ToF edition" I'll put "Spooky" on a diet and see how he performs minus a few hundred kg and some significant power loss.:lol:

Yay! Now to get down to the business of testing, after being away from this job for donkeys years! :lol:

My Jag and brit brutes are ready as well, I think. Well, I know that one of them is very, very much ready. :D

Try a diff setting of 5/60/60 or 5/60/5 at both ends with the torque distribution at 50/50 or 40/60. Should get the required bad handling, provided you really give the thing a proper flick into corners.

I cracked 6k in my NFS S14 already. :D But I can't beat Roj!!!! FACK!! His Goof spray was too strong! :ouch: :lol:

@Onboy I hit 5500 with the "Whitesnake" and was ready to poke Roj again when I noticed he had done a new one at just under 6k:drool: Then you came along and really filed him up so now I have no hope of catching him in either drift trial.:lol: But considering my so called driving skills and that drifting is the only time I drive a manual transmission still I think getting 9k and 6k means the cars setup is acceptable.:D My biggest problem is getting consistent marks through all the sectors I'll nail a couple sectors with great scores then turn around and muff the other sectors. If I could add all my best sector scores together I'd probably be over 12k on Sarthe and around 7.5k on Nordschleife.:crazy:

@Onboy I hit 5500 with the "Whitesnake" and was ready to poke Roj again when I noticed he had done a new one at just under 6k:drool: Then you came along and really filed him up so now I have no hope of catching him in either drift trial.:lol: But considering my so called driving skills and that drifting is the only time I drive a manual transmission still I think getting 9k and 6k means the cars setup is acceptable.:D My biggest problem is getting consistent marks through all the sectors I'll nail a couple sectors with great scores then turn around and muff the other sectors. If I could add all my best sector scores together I'd probably be over 12k on Sarthe and around 7.5k on Nordschleife.:crazy:

I couldn't beat it either. :lol: The NFS S14 just couldn't handle it. Or maybe that's me who couldn't handle it. :lol:

If I counted up all my highest per sectors…I'd have something like 7-8k in points…Time to add some power to the mix, I think. :D

I used my ol' GTO LM and got 11k on sarthe and 5.5 on nordsshief

GTO LM? Ermm…isn't that a GT1 car? :lol: Or are you talking about your version of a GTO TT that you've modified into a GTO LM homage car thing?

And a 4WD drifter?! This blasphemy cannot be tolerated! You are to be stabbed and flamed to death, ya newb![/Typical 4WD-drifting hater]

:lol:

I couldn't beat it either. :lol: The NFS S14 just couldn't handle it. Or maybe that's me who couldn't handle it. :lol:

If I counted up all my highest per sectors…I'd have something like 7-8k in points…Time to add some power to the mix, I think. :D
If you want I'll put my "Whitesnake" on share when I get home and let you have a go in it. Maybe you might have some ideas for getting a bit more out of it.💡

Must say its both funny and annoying to have a 800+ HP car that bounces off the rev limiter at 100mph.:lol:

Hey lay off the 4wd drifter thing! My first drift tune is a 4wd and I'm quite proud of "Harvey's Smoke Break AKA The Little Brown Box"!:mad:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
The Wolf within the Mountains

If you know which game this car's name came from (the hint is in the first two words), you’ll know what to expect from its handling. Only here, thanks to better physics and such, it's sharper, and much more exciting. You'll also know why there's the front splitter. And the slightly chintzy wheels.

But for those who don’t, basically, the name says it all. Despite the full weight of 1710kg, this 600hp brute will claw its way through corners and opposition like a wolf. Hence the name.

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Aston Martin DB9 ’06
Buy from: NCD
Paintjob: Chateau Silver
Wheels: ENKEI RP05
Aerodynamic Kit: Front Aero Type A

Weight Reduction: --
Window Weight Reduction: --
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

ECU Tuning: Sport
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Intake Manifold: Sport
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sport
Catalytic Converter: Sport
Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: ---

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Clutch: Double Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: Sport Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: --
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set to 199
2)Set Final Gear to 3.100
1st=3.353
2nd=2.434
3rd=1.872
4th=1.459
5th=1.175
6th=0.971

Should display an indicated top speed of 215 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 20
Braking: 5

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.0/1.0
Toe Angle: -0.20/0.05
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.0/10.4
Dampers (Extension): 7/7
Dampers (Compression): 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/5

Brakes
6/7

The car has 546 PP, weighs 1710Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 602 HP and produces 505ft-lb torque@5700 rpm with a 8200 rpm redline.

Notes: Nothing much…really. Shift a bit early if you feel the need to keep it in the power band, but it has enough pull anyway to do without that.

Reviews:Niku Driver HC

Last edited:
Car looks good Onboy. I'll link it as soon as I get "Niku's X-Factor" posted.👍👍

Also my "Whitesnake" is on share if you want to check it out and to correct my earlier statement it "only" has 741HP and 714ft-lb torque.:crazy::lol:

The Underdog

Always forgotten, this is the modern Jaguar XKR’s less well endowed relative, the XK Coupe Luxury. Only here, it isn’t. It’s been playing games of hide and seek with the Wolf within the Mountains, and has emerged sporting more power than the XKR while still being graceful enough to keep the word “Luxury” in its name.

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury ’07
Buy from: NCD
Paintjob: Porcelain
Wheels: --
Aerodynamic Kit: --
Weight Reduction: --
Window Weight Reduction: --
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

ECU Tuning: Sport
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Intake Manifold: Sport
Exhaust Manifold: Sport
Catalytic Converter: Sport
Turbo Kit: Supercharger

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Clutch: Double Plate

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: Sport Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: --

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set to 205
2)Set Final Gear to 3.132
1st=3.098
2nd=2.278
3rd=1.751
4th=1.371
5th=1.137
6th=0.947

Should display an indicated top speed of 205 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 25
Braking: 10

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.5/1.0
Toe Angle: -0.20/0.00
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 11.4/8.4
Dampers (Extension): 6/5
Dampers (Compression): 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4

Brakes
5/6

The car has 521 PP, weighs 1690Kg with a 54/46 front/rear weight distribution, has 515+ HP and produces 522ft-lb torque@4200 rpm with a 7700 rpm redline.

Notes: --

Reviews:Niku Driver HC

Last edited:
FYI, both are on share, though the DB9 won't be for as long, as I favour it the most of the bunch. :P

Also, here's my million cr. drifting baby, the NFS S14! :D

Inspired by the Team NFS S14:

matt_powers_small.jpg

And now, I'll be off to ready myself to be killed in Despy's mental Cobra. :scared:

Daihatsu, Storia X4 '00, "Niku's X-Factor"

So shortly after joining the Outlaw Motorsports Garage team as a test driver, Niku Driver HC approached ole Harvey here about giving one of his favorite rides the Wallbanger's treatment. Of course Harvey was happy to oblige him and said sure let me check it out. Turned out to be another model from one of the Wallbanger's favorite manufacturers. Now in the past ole Harvey had only worked on their Kei cars so he was interested to see what this hatchback with its slightly larger 4cylinder could do. Turns out that while the engine is a bit larger than those in the Cuore/Mira and Copen it has roughly the same power output. On the plus side its not quite as high strung making it a bit more driver friendly. Now the Storia which Daihatsu sold as the Sirion in the EU and its parent company Toyota sold as the Duet was a nice economical little hatchback but the X4 was special. Also known as the Cross Four it came from the factory virtually Rally Race ready. It's 713cc engine made 118hp and the car featured a number of racing novelties such as a close ratio transmission, front and rear mechanical LSD and forged crankshaft and pistons. This was definitely not a case of parts thrown in as part of a marketing ploy as Toyota seems to happily share its technology across its entire corporate family. You find its racing technology from F1 and other series showing up on production cars and technology first appearing in street cars finding its way into racing machines. So there was a certain amount of credibility to the car when it debuted that it quickly proved by dominating Japan's under 1,000cc class Rally events. Of course the Wallbanger is never one to say its good enough so he gave it a thorough going over. Increased power from the engine, refined transmission and drivetrain, removal of all unnecessary weight and an improved suspension. A quick paintjob and the addition of custom wheels and a wing made sure that everyone would know this was real hot hatch that meant business. First taking it to the 500PP Seasonal Challenge race on Tokyo R246 mounting Sports Soft tires ole Harvey proved the little X4 was a winner even against higher rated competition. Then it was off to the Beginner Rally special events where it showed its stuff easily dominating the competition. Finally it was off to Nürburgring and the Nordschleife track where the Wallbanger set a record time of 8:09.396 using Sports Soft tires. Satisfied with its performance Harvey turned the car over to Niku Driver HC for final testing and acceptance. Niku was very pleased with the results and wants to share this fine car with the world so we're happy to present you with "Niku's X-Factor". Whether your looking for some of road fun Rally style or taking it to the other hatchbacks on a nice twisty track "Niku's X-Factor" is sure to provide you a perfect blend of fun and performance.
Niku Driver HC
Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Maziora Andromedall by Toyota
Wheels: Rays Volk Racing TE37 (painted Red Mica Metallic by Toyota)
Aerodynamic Kit: Wing C
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Turbo Kit: High RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Center Differential: Torque Splitting
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Comfort Soft - Racing Soft, Dirt & Snow

The Tune
Aerodynamics: Front 0, Rear 11
Ballast: 0kg
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 6.500
3) Set Top Speed to 99mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.655,
2nd=1.955,
3rd=1.565,
4th=1.295,
5th=1.105
6th=0.955
5) Set Final gear to 4.100
Should display an indicated top speed of 152mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 12, Acceleration 18, Braking 6
LSD Rear Initial 24, Acceleration 36, Braking 6
Torque Splitting Center Differential Front 50, Rear 50
Suspension
Camber Angle- Front 1.8, Rear 1.0
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front 0, Rear -15
Spring Rate Front 14.8, Rear 9.3
Dampers (Extension) Front 5, Rear 5
Dampers (Compression) Front 4, Rear 3
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 7
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 465PP, weighs 746Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 206HP and produces 139ft-lb torque@6,400rpm with a 8,900rpm redline.

Note: Has a very good power band for driving with an automatic transmission as there is very little drop off between peak power and redline.

Here's Niku Driver HC's notes:
Niku Driver HC
I made some swaps in terms of pieces. I swapped the High Turbo for a Mid range turbo, I think it works better in some courses, and with the MT. In terms of tires, it is a lot like Tris's Skyline, because it is good with sports, awesome with Racing tires. A great car overall, great job:tup:. Keep it steady!:cheers:
Addition to Niku's notes: With the Mid RPM Range Turbo kit the car has 459PP, 193HP and 146ft-lb Torque.

Note 2: For a 450PP Car use the Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit and swap to a Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust and the Standard Catalytic Converter then apply 99.2% Power Limiter. This combination will give you 181HP and 141ft-lb torque. If you think the handling is okay with less downforce you can instead use the Sports Exhaust with the Mid RPM Range Turbo and reduce the wings downforce to 6 rear. You'll get 184HP and 143ft-lb torque from this combination but may find the cars handling to loose.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Daihatsu, Storia X4 '00, "Niku's X-Factor"

So shortly after joining the Outlaw Motorsports Garage team as a test driver, Niku Driver HC approached ole Harvey here about giving one of his favorite rides the Wallbanger's treatment. Of course Harvey was happy to oblige him and said sure let me check it out. Turned out to be another model from one of the Wallbanger's favorite manufacturers. Now in the past ole Harvey had only worked on their Kei cars so he was interested to see what this hatchback with its slightly larger 4cylinder could do. Turns out that while the engine is a bit larger than those in the Cuore/Mira and Copen it has roughly the same power output. On the plus side its not quite as high strung making it a bit more driver friendly. Now the Storia which Daihatsu sold as the Sirion in the EU and its parent company Toyota sold as the Duet was a nice economical little hatchback but the X4 was special. Also known as the Cross Four it came from the factory virtually Rally Race ready. It's 713cc engine made 118hp and the car featured a number of racing novelties such as a close ratio transmission, front and rear mechanical LSD and forged crankshaft and pistons. This was definitely not a case of parts thrown in as part of a marketing ploy as Toyota seems to happily share its technology across its entire corporate family. You find its racing technology from F1 and other series showing up on production cars and technology first appearing in street cars finding its way into racing machines. So there was a certain amount of credibility to the car when it debuted that it quickly proved by dominating Japan's under 1,000cc class Rally events. Of course the Wallbanger is never one to say its good enough so he gave it a thorough going over. Increased power from the engine, refined transmission and drivetrain, removal of all unnecessary weight and an improved suspension. A quick paintjob and the addition of custom wheels and a wing made sure that everyone would know this was real hot hatch that meant business. First taking it to the 500PP Seasonal Challenge race on Tokyo R246 mounting Sports Soft tires ole Harvey proved the little X4 was a winner even against higher rated competition. Then it was off to the Beginner Rally special events where it showed its stuff easily dominating the competition. Finally it was off to Nürburgring and the Nordschleife track where the Wallbanger set a record time of 8:09.396 using Sports Soft tires. Satisfied with its performance Harvey turned the car over to Niku Driver HC for final testing and acceptance. Niku was very pleased with the results and wants to share this fine car with the world so we're happy to present you with "Niku's X-Factor". Whether your looking for some of road fun Rally style or taking it to the other hatchbacks on a nice twisty track "Niku's X-Factor" is sure to provide you a perfect blend of fun and performance.

Oh my, the car has my name!:drool::lol: I'm looking foward to the public response... Great job with the description, too.👍 :cheers:

Jaguar, XKR Coupe '10, "Apex Predator"

So a while back the Outlaws found a litter of kittens hanging around the garage. Given some love and affection by the various Outlaws that adopted them they quickly grew up into big cats that took no prisoners on road or track, hunting down and devouring lesser cars for fun. One of the last to be adopted by ole Harvey was this cat. Now while you see its cousins in the New Car Dealership all the time, only someone as certifiably crazy as the Wallbanger would think it a good idea to turn it into the perfect predator. One that you can happily drive to work on a daily bases, look great in when going out on a date, and beat dedicated race cars with on track days. In the wild a Jaguar is considered an "Apex Predator" as they sit on top of the food chain. This Coupe is the top of the food chain for street Jaguars. Here its prey isn't a deer or other jungle creature but instead the other cars roaming the road with it and it carves up the Apexs of corners the way its jungle brethern carve up those lesser creatures they dine on. This cat is all grown up and delivers a silky smooth drive that you'll love, just make sure there's plenty of Mercedes and BMW's to feed its hunger. And now ole Harvey Wallbanger presents the "Apex Predator"!
Circuit2520de2520Spa-Francorchamps-5.jpg

Circuit2520de2520Spa-Francorchamps-4.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: New Car Dealership
Paintjob: Ultimate Black Metallic (Stock Color)
Wheels: BBS LM-R (Painted Phoenixgelb Metallic by BMW)
Aerodynamic Kit: Front Type A, Rear Type A, Wing Type A
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: Yes Body Color
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Turbo Kit: Supercharger
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Center Differential: NA
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Hard - Racing Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: Front 0, Rear 10
Ballast: 0kg
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.000
3) Set Top Speed to 124mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.900,
2nd=2.230,
3rd=1.770,
4th=1.450,
5th=1.220,
6th=1.000
5) Set Final gear to 3.000
Should display an indicated top speed of 208mph in upper right corner.
LSD Rear Initial 12, Acceleration 12, Braking 6
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 1.4, Rear 1.0
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.0
Ride Height Front -5, Rear -15
Spring Rate Front 15.4, Rear 8.00
Dampers (Extension) Front 6, Rear 3
Dampers (Compression) Front 5, Rear 2
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 7
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 600PP, weighs 1,360Kg with a 54/46 front/rear weight distribution, has 764HP and 674ft-lb torque@3,400rpm with a 7,900rpm redline.

Note: Has a very good power band for driving using an automatic transmission as it has little drop off in power between peak and redline.

Reviews and/or additional photos

Hey Harvey, when you get a second check where my "Lamb" is on your friends 500pp time trial leader board. :D. I just had to tell someone :dopey:

Back