C-ZETA's car reviews - C-ZETA Awards 2012 - 21/12/12

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 754 comments
How is dominating gt1 a bad thing? If you watched it, it was allways a hotly contested crown. Gt1 had lots of variety, shame gt1 has been replaced with gt3.

It's not the GT1 part. Just the 'dominating'. It'd get a bit annoying if you did have someone winning it all the time, ie F1...

@C-Zeta your missing the greatest car in GT5 and ultimate one for the Hotpoint Subzero category...the "Daihatsu Cuore/Mira TR-XX Avanzato R!:crazy::cool::bowdown::gtpflag:

You just don't get any cooler than a microbox that actually has one of the best sounding engines in GT5 and that can dust cars costing many times what it does.:D:cheers:

No better than Cool and even then not by much. Though knowing how much you post about it, like the Vitaphone MC12, I might have to just put it in Uncool...oooooh...:sly:

Either way, you can do much cooler than the Mira/Cuore anyway in terms of slower cars. Things like these include the Volkswagen SambaBus, the Volkswagen Schwimmwagen, the Volkswagen Golf I GTI, the Volkswagen Beetle, the Volkswagen 1200 and the Volkswagen Karmann. :P

It's not the GT1 part. Just the 'dominating'. It'd get a bit annoying if you did have someone winning it all the time, ie F1...

No better than Cool and even then not by much. Though knowing how much you post about it, like the Vitaphone MC12, I might have to just put it in Uncool...oooooh...:sly:

Either way, you can do much cooler than the Mira/Cuore anyway in terms of slower cars. Things like these include the Volkswagen SambaBus, the Volkswagen Schwimmwagen, the Volkswagen Golf I GTI, the Volkswagen Beetle, the Volkswagen 1200 and the Volkswagen Karmann. :P

Double repost much? :P

^^^ Hahaha! Good one right there guys. :lol:

I truly love the tale of the lightweights. That was a great story mixed with the reviews.

Story time much? :P :lol:

Can't wait to read more.

Hello there all.

I am looking for some sort of ticket - any kind of ticket - which I will be using to review 5 random cars from the ticket, as a new form of 'ticket review'.

However, you should not state your intentions as to if you are sending it. First man to send one of them gets a choice of being sent one of these 5 tunes by me...

Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68 (124bhp, 746kg)

Lotus Elise 111R RM '04 (293bhp, 720kg)

Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 (152bhp, 652kg)

Lotus Elise 111R '04 (259bhp, 776kg)

Lexus LFA '10 (666bhp, 1666kg)

All tickets but the 1000 ticket can be sent, but birthday tickets are definitely not recommended. Stick to the Level or Prize tickets unless you absolutely wanna see me reviewing cars from a set year.

C-Zeta, man, all I can say is WOW> that was awesome. Good job. That's was a ton of work you put in. Definitely earned my respect for what it's worth. The reviews with all the information provided was great. I'm a numbers guy so having all the numbers on acceleration and the track test was just perfect in my opinion. Much Appreciation Sir.

This is regarding your super 38 car tuner comparo by the way.

Last edited:
korza493
I could possibly send a Lvl. 1 ticket.....

Managed to acquire two as of yet. There was another but a disastrous accident befell it whilst testing was in action.

But go on and send me one anyway.

Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car
Weeeee! Fun Group B racing! Don't be fooled.

TsukubaCircuit_14.jpg

Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car
Power: 367bhp
Weight: 905kg
Price: 1,000,000 Cr.
Prize: No
0-60: 4.003 seconds
0-100: 8.057 seconds
¼ mile: 12.046 seconds
1 mile: 30.135 seconds
Max Speed: 156.8mph
Max G-Force: 0.73G
Drivetrain: MR

You might have noticed at the beginning of that description I said there 'Don't be fooled'. That's because this car, on the face of it, sounds like a genius Group B car. You think that? Think again.

TsukubaCircuit_13.jpg

The power...well, there's enough of it. But unfortunately, your car is on Sports Mediums. That means wheelspin. And with the low weight, the power overwhelms the chassis further. And with the MR drivetrain, that means the back end is completely overwhelmed.

The weight...yes, 905kg is very light. But then, when you have 367bhp hitting you in the face, it means that all 905kg is eaten effectively. And yes, it might be MR, but really, that means the engine will overwhelm your Renault further.

The drivetrain...it's MR, which is the opposite of a rally car. And also, since you have a lot of power with low weight, completely useless because the engine you have in the back will eat the car with its lack of weight.

The price...it's a million with no other way of getting it. It is a bit much for a million, but I would imagine most of that comes from the massive power the engine produces, and the development of the drivetrain, as opposed to the chassis.

And finally, the times. They're not great. SMs limit this thing to dead on 4 seconds from 0-60, which many other things can manage without these stats, and the transmission limits this thing to 156mph, for the rally races they think you'll participate in that you don't participate in because it's MR, so that would be stupid.

TsukubaCircuit_12.jpg

The only redeeming feature among this disaster waiting to happen is the looks. Obviously, as a stylish Renault 5, it looks good enough already, but Renault have gone way further than that here. They extra boxed this one up, and I rather like the look of the front lights and that big rear end.

Now, one thing you'll notice I haven't mentioned yet is how it actually drives. That is because I will prove it to you with a short test here, as I will try to drive a lap of the Tsukuba Circuit in this MR Renault 5 Maxi Turbo.

TsukubaCircuit_11.jpg

Right, just warming up...or burning up, as it could well seem.

TsukubaCircuit_10.jpg

Here we go then...first corner...

TsukubaCircuit_9.jpg

And...oh boy, we're already facing the wrong way!

TsukubaCircuit_8.jpg

Still, no great loss. It's still running, so let's give this another shot.

TsukubaCircuit_7.jpg

As we proceed over to Hairpin 2 now...

TsukubaCircuit_6-1.jpg

...and it's gone again! Dear oh deary me, this is not proving to be a successful hunt here.

TsukubaCircuit_5-1.jpg

Still, let's keep going...with an actually successful slide here. Although this was out of the corner, so...whatever.

TsukubaCircuit_4-1.jpg

To the Dunlop Bridge...already spinning again! And it isn't stopping...

TsukubaCircuit_3-1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_2-1.jpg

Oh dear. And that has not gone well.

TsukubaCircuit_1-4.jpg

And there is the damage...clearly visible on the left side...shame about those little lights. I liked them.

TsukubaCircuit-5.jpg

So there you have it. The Renault 5 Maxi Turbo is an overpowered, underweight, MR, self-claimed rally car with probably too high a pricing and a higher spin to corner ratio than most RUF CTR Yellow Birds. I suggest then that you should heed this advice.

When you see a 5 Maxi Turbo, in your UCD, take a snapshot of it. Then scroll through, find a Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car, and buy that instead. And take note of the '4WD' input in the drivetrain section.

Pictures and writing by C-ZETA

Last edited:
It was good on tarmac events like Corsica which required a tail happy car to slide around turns. Just a shame though that it is bad everywhere else...

AC Cars 427 S/C '66
Shelby Cobra spoof or not? That is the question.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_2-6.jpg

AC Cars 427 S/C '66
Power: 487bhp
Weight: 1311kg
Price: 423,200 Cr.
Prize: No
0-60: 4.261 seconds
0-100: 8.386 seconds
¼ mile: 12.307 seconds
1 mile: 29.911 seconds
Max Speed: 167.8mph
Max G-Force: 0.69G
Drivetrain: FR

This thing surely might have been the bane of many existences in the previous installment of Gran Turismo, GT4. This was because of this car's presence in the three classic events of the game - Euro Classic Car, World Classic and the notorious '1000 miles' race.

Thankfully, the AC is not a factor here but believe me, it is one of the killers of all classics even now. And now I've had it in my hands, what I do have to say is, that it is excellent.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1-9.jpg

As you can see here pictured, the AC is very much sliding a lot. This is what it does best, and it does it extremely, extremely well.

480+hp is plenty, and 1311kg is enough to keep it stable, along with the FR drivetrain which allows for some breathing room. If this were MR, I'd have fallen off the edge of these cliffs here on Eiger and I sure as hell would not be speaking with you today.

This is, as you can imagine, extremely fun. On tracks like this, the AC's sliding is very well balanced, and if it gets near the limit, just lift from the throttle and all will be well. This car is surprisingly easy to get in a slide and keep it there.

Plus, in addition to that, you also have the ton of power that ensures your getaway from the corner you just slid through will be a fast one. The size and torque obviously outnumbers it a little but the wheelspin is never that threatening. 4.2 seconds to 60 is not even that amazing but it can certainly still hang with most modern boys.

EigerNordwandShortTrack-4.jpg

Obviously top speed is too low to make it a lethal weapon on speedy tracks but then this is meant to be a muscle replica after all. And it does far better than most muscles. The question of if it is faster than a Shelby Cobra in this game isn't quite known by me yet, but what I will say is this: this beats a normal Cobra by a million miles.

The Cobra is much harder to control and with the lighter weight and extra power feels so much more awkward. You also have to have the top down on the Cobra always. But the AC is a lot easier, and looks better with that top down. It also comes in more colours too, including the notable black with gold stripe version. Personally, I'd have it in blue with white stripe, because...well, why anything else, really?

The AC is also cheaper. 423,000 may seem like a lot to fathom originally. And it is - until you realise the Cobra is a full 100,000 more and can't be sold. So you see, you win the deal in so many ways.

Really, this completely renders the Cobra obsolete (save for non Premium status obviously). If you really did buy a Cobra instead of this (unless you did the good thing and won it instead), I wish you luck in your struggle. Buy this next time and rejoice.

Final Score: 17/20

Pictures and writing by C-ZETA

Wow, I always thought there were no difference between a Cobra and a AC. I guess there is a difference, it's cheaper. But never mind, they're both crazy. :scared:

Still after tickets C-ZETA?
I can send you a Level 10 ticket if you please.

Great review of the AC Cobra. I've always felt it's underrated due to the fact it isn't premium and the Shelby Cobra is, and sliding this, anywhere, is just :drool:

Great write up C-ZETA. 👍👍

How about a little challenge between the AC and Shelby? Ranging from drag racing and time attack on Laguna Seca and/or the 'Ring.

Anyone like that idea? :D

And now it's time to do
THE COOL WALL!!!
*cue applause that always just has to clap when I say that*

Suddenly, update! I know, right. Don't worry this time: no April Fools here. It's gone 12, sorry, I know it's unlucky to do jokes after then on 1 April. Though I so, so wish I could get the free car before hand...damn! :mad:

So anyway, let us begin with this, the

Honda CR-X del sol LM Edition.

882-1.jpg

Now, I've been playing GT1 again as of late, having started a new game and all that jazz, and having got this, and having tried to get used to it, this has been the most recent addition to my small garage. It's in red rather than the black you see here and that looks better IMO. No pictures I could find of an HQ red model though...

This has not been seen since GT2 where it was one of the LMs that was left as a difficult one to get. But in GT1, the physics engine of the game makes this a truly insane car - a Concept Car for dummies if you must. Firstly, it's a CR-X del sol put up to some 560hp and with the engine shoved into the back, weighed down to 900kg and given RWD. This makes it incredibly hard to drive, incredibly bouncy and with all the extra power, very turbo-laggy too.

But the things you can do with this are amazing. The bounciness gives some stupendous angles for this, and the ability to get around a corner simply by braking and turning on this is, or was, second to none. Now such things wouldn't quite be as possible, but back then this was a D1GP car for the game. It was amazing. This is truly one of the reasons to get GT1 still among all the other LM Editions, and this is why I have this in my Sub-Zero section. Class. :cool:

Up next, the

Nissan Pulsar GTi-R.

622-1.jpg

Much like the CR-X this has not been seen since GT2. It was mainly starred for GT1 use again, and there it was a pro as well.

As potent in the highly dangerous AI's hands as a normal player's, this was one of the fastest Class B spec cars and one of the most usable 4WDs around. This was and is truly a spectacle of what 4WD can do - a Skyline among hatchbacks. This would be an easy match for stuff like the Focus RS today and Nissan needs to find a way to bring the spirit of this back. Good job Nismo's coming in to bring production models to the UK...

This is definitely Sub-Zero though. One of the legendary hot hatches. Get it NOWWWWWW

Moving on, we have the

Subaru BRZ.

Subaru-BRZ_2013_800x600_wallpaper_02-1.jpg

Ooh, now, Subaru. This gives me a chance to take out something.

Oh no it doesn't. Because this is basically a Toyota GT86, and that is super cool.

This is pretty much the same thing but with a different badge. However, the fact it is still a Subaru, plus the engine is Subie no matter what means it cannot be absolutely cool. The GT86 is better because it was largely what all the concept led it up to be, and also because of the slight badge change. But not bad here for a Subaru, to be pretty much the only cool Subaru ever minus 22B. Cool.

Next up,

Singer 911.

Singer-911_2011_800x600_wallpaper_22-1.jpg

Ooh, a classic 911 here. Well, a modern classic 911 if that makes sense, but you know what I mean.

This is an old 911 for today. -Oh wait, Porsche already make that? Oh, damn! Still, all seriousness considered, this is a true blast from the past, and one of the main signs of retro among cars I guess. It still looks great today, far better than modern 911s, and perhaps looks better than the classic RUF-age (BTR/CTR) 911s they used. Sub-Zero, surely.

Next,

Audi R18.

Audi-R18_2011_800x600_wallpaper_03-1.jpg

I don't like Audi's Le Mans cars very much. They always keep winning. Peugeot only stopped them once, and now they've left...what are we gonna do?

Still, for the 2011 Le Mans itself, it looked promising when two Audis crashed out when large conspiracy theories starring Ferrari appeared. Many were thinking "Oh god, what happens if the third one goes as well? It'll be all over, surely!" I was imagining it: the third Audi crashes out, the first failure of a German thing ever and as a result the first German thing to have style at all, was it gonna happen...?!

It never came. Oh.

Still, props to #2 for actually surviving the whole race amidst its team-mate's failures. I hope it enjoys winning next year as the whole number of competition to come at Audi is about none. Uncool.

We now come to the

Alpine A110 AND

Alpine A310

AutumnRing-1-2.jpg
TsukubaCircuit-4-2.jpg

Basically, two Alpines. Right, whatever.

The A110 is the faster of the two and actually somewhat of a cheap shot in GT5 at least, since it pwns everything French like it. Bad start to that then. It won the first WRC, yes, but then you have to take into account how it looks. And it's...bad. Oh.

Seriously, it's ugly. That loopy back does not look good. Nor does that loopy front. Of course, as it's RR, the two ends do not look any different, and as a result, the A110 suffers. Uncool for that.

The A310, meanwhile, is far better. It can actually fail sometimes, it's been a TV star...I...guess...and it also looks a great, great deal better. It looks like a true coupe should - whereas the A110 looks like a shrunken down 60's-70's political leader's car. This looks like something soulful, and it is something soulful. Plus it goes like heck on track too. Sub-Zero, definitely.

And to finish, we have the

Ford Mustang.

Ford-Mustang_Boss_302_1970_800x600_wallpaper_02-1.jpg

You might be wondering why there's just a 'Boss 302' version on the picture (it doesn't make any 🤬 difference). Well, I'm talking about the Mustang name in general, and I just chose this. Whatever.

I have never cared a whole lot for most big, long lasting American names like this one. But too many people go on PR/fan rants about it too often. A single conversation involving any American car leads to a Mustang, and it leads as a result to someone backing it. Of course, this being GTP, no one usually argues against it...I...think, but still, too many people look for Mustangs where they're not necessary or practical. Seriously, you want something? Buy a Golf. And no, do NOT follow the traditional Cars in General forum direction of 'NA' because that's BOOOOORING. Uncool here though lol.

So, that concludes this installment of the Cool Wall, and no, there are no holes in it. This is not a 'most stressful game on television' like every ITV show in the working hours is (barring stuff with houses), this is GT5/real life SERIOUS STUFF!!! :mad:

Text by C-ZETA

Hey C-Zeta since you like the A310 why don't you give my "Purple People Eater" a spin...Uhm that came out wrong:lol: I mean take it for a drive. It's an uppowered tune that does some fun sideways driving.:D

Hey C-Zeta since you like the A310 why don't you give my "Purple People Eater" a spin...Uhm that came out wrong:lol: I mean take it for a drive. It's an uppowered tune that does some fun sideways driving.:D

I have my own.

Also why do the awesome smilies come in now? :boggled:

@ The Boss 302 thing. People want a Mustang because they are fast as hell and chick magnets. And they look cool. While the Boss 302 wasn't the greatest of the Mustang, it sure stood out. I think the 1969 version looks color than that 1970 in the pic. My dream car is a '69 Boss 429.

Latest Posts

Back