8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
thunderjolt
Out of curiosity, how's turnout been for the races? I'm hoping it's a lot better than the ones the other series had.

So far, yes.
Damn....should have gone to bed earlier, now i have to stay up.

Last edited:
Well daylight savings time messes everything up. However if I'm correct the race is 3 hours and 04 minutes away.

@BlacquesJacques, we're racing at 1:30, one hour later then usual

@Thunderjolt, you can race with us if you want to. Sahara Force India will probably be open, along with a couple other reserve spots

@Everyone, There's still quite a lot of people in the OP who have not acceted my friend requests. I can try to invite you by name, but that might delay the start time. I understand that some of you have quit, and others haven't been online in past 12 hours, but if you have been online then please accept the friend request. Thanks :)

jcm
@Thunderjolt, you can race with us if you want to. Sahara Force India will probably be open, along with a couple other reserve spots

I'll pass. I'm not that great. Also timing is a bit awkward for me.

If the start time is the same 8:30 p.m. GMT; that would be 1:30 p.m. on Vancouver Island; 2.5 hours from now (it is 6:02 GMT right now).

Race ya's in 2.5 hours, but I'll be online racing before hand :)

BlacqueJacques
If the start time is the same 8:30 p.m. GMT; that would be 1:30 p.m. on Vancouver Island; 2.5 hours from now (it is 6:02 GMT right now).

Race ya's in 2.5 hours, but I'll be online racing before hand :)

Yeah, see you there :)

What a race for me ! :)

But first of all - congrats to winner !

I was just behind BlackJaques when he crashed into RedBull i think - 8 laps to finish.

I finished Q in 5th but race on 4th, so its progress :)

My teammate failed to join the race so i needed to bring points for Ferrari by myself. And i did - 12 points i think :)

Thanks guys for great fun - hope you noticed i made way for faster drivers :)

I had a good Quali-lap and got P1.
At the and of lap 1 I was already 10 sec ahead of 2nd place, so I decided to go on a 3-stopper the save my tires.
First I thought about option,prime,option,option, bt the tirewear was still to big so I took on primes again on my 3rd stopp.
After my last stopp I knew that jcm would pass me on options, so I didn't really fight for the position, because I knew his tires would break down very soon.
Unfurtunately something went wrong with my steering wheel when he passed me and so I lost 6 sec.
I caught him up very quickly as I expected, but it was very hard to pass him, because he was defending really good.
I just made it on the start-finsh straight on the final lap.

I never really pushed after the 1st lap, because I was sure I would win it easily which wasn't so easy in the end.
Anyway great race by jcm and also pawel who was quiet close as well.

I tried to get close to JCM so i could have a go with the DRS, but my tyres let go on turn 13, and i barely made the turn.

5_start_shan_2011.jpg

Chinese Grand Prix

Qualifying
Sorry I didn't get the qualifying times :banghead:

1 - 1:29.087
Germany.png
Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing
2 -
Canada.png
jcm - Team Lotus
3 -
Canada.png
BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams
4 -
Australia.png
PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams
5 -
Poland.png
bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari
6 -
United%20Kingdom.png
DaveMay96 - Scuderia Toro Rosso
7 -
England.png
davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing
8 -
England.png
delimitri - Lotus Renault GP

Race

1 - 44:36.570
Germany.png
Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing 1:30.953
2 - +0.979
Canada.png
jcm - Team Lotus 1:30.707
3 - +3.276
Australia.png
PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams 1:31.180
4 - +29.031
Poland.png
bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari 1:32.574
5 - +45.770
Canada.png
BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams 1:32.355
6 - +2 LAPS
England.png
davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing 1:33.245
7 - +2 LAPS
England.png
delimitri - Lotus Renault GP 1:36.679

8 - DSQ
United%20Kingdom.png
DaveMay96 - Scuderia Toro Rosso

Standings

1 -
Canada.png
jcm - Team Lotus - 55 points
2 -
Australia.png
PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams - 51 points
3 -
Germany.png
Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 50 points
4 -
Canada.png
BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams - 33 points
5 -
Poland.png
bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari - 32 points
6 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing - 20 points
7 -
Antarctica.png
Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari - 15 points
8 -
Germany.png
Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points
9 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
delimitri - Lotus Renault GP - 14 points
10 -
United%20Kingdom.png
V12Engine - Team Lotus - 9 points

1 - AT&T Williams - 84 points
2 - Team Lotus - 64 points
3 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 50 points
4 - Scuderia Ferrari - 47 points
5 - Red Bull Racing - 20 points
6 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points
7 - Lotus Renault GP - 14 points

If I made a mistake somewhere feel free to PM me so that I can change it :)

Last edited:
Baumi's pole position lap was 1:29.087 i think

...and i just wish to know what happened that BlackJaques crashed into Davy's RedBull

:eek: I'm still in first! Unfortuantely that won't last, because I'm going to miss the next two races (I'll be in Hawaii / on a plane coming back). I'll be focusing my attention on Monaco, and I'll go for the win there.

My Race Report:
Practicing: While I was practicing for the race, I was trying to make a wet setup. I made a pretty good one too. I then checked to see how fast it was in the dry... Incredible! It was faster then my previous dry setup. It had very high areo, and a low top speed. This meant trouble on the straights...

Qualifying: I was about 3/4 tenths off of Baumi's pole time. Pretty close though.

Race: Baumi got off to a slow start and I got even with him into the first corner. After some battling, he would end up in front. On the long straight Pawel got even with me and tried to overtake on the inside. Unfortuanately, there was a bit of a misunderstanding on the corner exit and we ended up spinning each other out losing about 10-15 seconds each :(. We would both end up recovering fairly well. I pit on laps 6 (for primes) and lap 18 (for options). This strategy was very fast, meaning I could catch up to the three-stopping Baumi27.
When he went came out the pits for the third time I was only a little bit behind him. I used fuel setting FAST, to try and catch up, and I did :). However this caused me to be at -2 Laps fuel with 6 laps to go :eek:. Baumi lost 6 seconds due to a steering wheel malfunction, and I was able to try to save enough fuel and win.
He caught up and passed me though on the final lap though, and I didn't have enough fuel to catch up to him. Nice job Baumi27, you were fast, and PAWEL, you were quick too.
Also, I had a KERS malfunction for two laps!

Baumi's pole position lap was 1:29.087 i think

...and i just wish to know what happened that BlackJaques crashed into Davy's RedBull

I knew it was 1:29.0xx, so we'll go with that :)

i had spun and blackjacks, came round the corner and hit me, i couldnt get out of the way, sorry pal if it ruined your race.
i had no grip at all 4 most of the race, didnt have the car set up right...:nervous:

Last edited:
Yes I was having an OK race after going on the grass at the first turn and getting tapped by someone when I tried to gradually re-join the track.

Then late after stop 2 for a second set of Primes (I did Option to start, Prime, Prime), and without any yellow flags a Red Bull was sitting in the middle of the track and I could not avoid, and it did not ghost; cost me a position and some time , but damage was minor to wing. Racing incident, but the flaggers droppped the ball :)

At least the Team is leading the Constructor's 👍

Finished 5th.

Last edited:
...and without any yellow flags a Red Bull was sitting in the middle of the track and I could not avoid, and it did not ghost; cost me a position and some time , but damage was minor to wing.

It looked from behind like destroying both cars. Many parts were flying in the air and you both were going off track and into the wall.

Good that only minor damages done to cars

Because I'll be missing the next two races (I'll be on an airplane heading to/from Hawaii), I decided to do some practice at Monaco (the next race I'll be at). I don't want to tell you to much about how it's been going, just that I'm over a second faster in qualifying :) 1:09.x50* at the moment, and I'm hoping to make it 1:08.xx7 :)

*All aids off**

**Except driving line :lol:**

If you guys need a replacement, which I don't think is possible, you could add me, been getting used to no aids for almost a month? But I dont think you have room for a replacement driver, so up to you. Looking forward to the next race report, best of luck with everyone!

socomkiller59
If you guys need a replacement, which I don't think is possible, you could add me, been getting used to no aids for almost a month? But I dont think you have room for a replacement driver, so up to you. Looking forward to the next race report, best of luck with everyone!

Well, you have a choice of either, Ferrari, Force India, Virgin, And Mclaren.
And seeing as there is usually between 8-10 drivers showing up each race, i think you stand a good chance of racing. If you are serious about it.

Well, I think I would go with force india, never raced for them, but interested. Havnt used any of the top cars yet, only Williams, Lotus and Lotus-Renault (currently)

socomkiller59
Well, I think I would go with force india, never raced for them, but interested. Havnt used any of the top cars yet, only Williams, Lotus and Lotus-Renault (currently)

Yeah, I think that both Force India drivers quit, so you can definately drive for them :)

jcm
Because I'll be missing the next two races (I'll be on an airplane heading to/from Hawaii), I decided to do some practice at Monaco (the next race I'll be at). I don't want to tell you to much about how it's been going, just that I'm over a second faster in qualifying :) 1:09.x50* at the moment, and I'm hoping to make it 1:08.xx7 :)

*All aids off**

**Except driving line :lol:**

I'm now in the 1:08's :)

Awesome! Will be looking forward to it. I live on the eastern coast US, so I'll try to accustom myself to your times wherever you guys are at.
I have a job, and college, but balance everything out pretty well. Will try to attend as many races as possible. I do not have a bluetooth mic, is that going to be a problem?

socomkiller59
Awesome! Will be looking forward to it. I live on the eastern coast US, so I'll try to accustom myself to your times wherever you guys are at.
I have a job, and college, but balance everything out pretty well. Will try to attend as many races as possible. I do not have a bluetooth mic, is that going to be a problem?

No problem at all, most people don't have mics :)

Anyway, so if Mr S still can't race this weekend, PAWEL, do you think you could host?

I'll update the OP but yeah, I probably won't be there on Sunday. I'm sorry guys but there's a lot going on at the moment, mostly related to my workplace, and even tho it's not affecting me at all, it's still something I have to bother with. It's literally putting a lot of weight on my shoulders. I'm just not the best company at the moment and prefer to be left alone, even if I'm playing F1 vs. the AI in such moments.

I can, however, host the race, no worries. :)

Back