Motor City Tunes

Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12
568hp, 1780kg, 550PP

7019919255_d75a8c744c.jpg

No matter how tempting or how much the gear indicator flashes a red #1 in your face at Tsukuba, never, ever drop down to 1st gear. First gear is only meant to get you rolling off pit road - it is not a racing gear.

At Suzuka, I found that I could use 1st gear in the turn 11 hairpin, but nowhere else. And that 3rd gear through the "S" was awesome - not much advantage in dropping to 2nd.

Tracks: Tsukuba and Suzuka
Settings A is clearly marked in the title as Tsukuba 550PP
Settings B is clearly marked in the title as Suzuka 550PP
Car is on share now.

Tuned using DS3.

GT Auto Services
200 mile break in
Oil Change
Paint: Lime Green Metallic
No cosmetic aero items - just thought the car looked better without.

Installed Parts
Fully customizable trans
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Center Differential
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable
Sport Soft Tires

Offline Tune
RH -5/-5
Springs 14.5/12.0
Dampers ext 7/7
Dampers comp 5/6
ARB 4/4
Camber 2.8/2.5
Toe -0.17/-0.05
LSD Front 7/8/6
LSD Rear 7/21/10
Torque Split 30/70
Brake balance 5/6
Ballast 50kg
Balast Position 50
Weight Distribution 51/49
Power Level 99.9%

Tsukuba Gearing
1st gear 2.875
2nd gear 1.975
3rd gear 1.500
4th gear 1.200
5th gear 1.000
6th gear 0.850
Final gear 4.400
Top Speed 320km/199mph

Suzuka Gearing
1st gear 2.870
2nd gear 1.975
3rd gear 1.505
4th gear 1.220
5th gear 1.025
6th gear 0.890
Final gear 3.900
Top Speed 320km/199mph

After driving this car, I am even more convinced that there are no backward settings in GT5. I played with ride height and this car did not respond at all to the slammed rear, high front at any of various settings that I tried. LSD, toe and camber is where I found most of the gain.

Last edited:
It's a GT-R. They have a tendency of ignoring the laws of physics. :lol: I have a 550PP '12 GT-R under development as well, quite a traction monster. Good for humiliating higher PP cars on any track, any time, by any driver. :D I think I should run yours against mine..

Toyota LFA '10
596hp, 1530kg, 550PP

No matter how tempting or how much the gear indicator flashes a red #1 in your face at Tsukuba or Suzuka, never, ever drop down to 1st gear. First gear is only meant to get you rolling off pit road - it is not a racing gear.

This car liked lots of camber for some reason. When I got into the 3's the grip went way up.

One other thing to keep in mind while driving the LFA, please remember to unwind the wheel while easing into the throttle on corner exit. This car acts very real worldy in that aspect.

Tracks: Tsukuba and Suzuka
Settings A is clearly marked in the title as Tsukuba 550PP
Settings B is clearly marked in the title as Suzuka 550PP
Car is on share now.

Tuned using DS3.

GT Auto Services
230 mile break in
Oil Change/Engine Rebuild
Paint: Lime Green

Installed Parts
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sport Catalytic Converter
Fully customizable trans
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable
Sport Soft Tires

Offline Tune
RH -3/-12
Springs 10.0/11.0
Dampers ext 5/7
Dampers comp 4/5
ARB 3/4
Camber 3.5/3.0
Toe -0.17/0.05
LSD 8/16/6
Brake balance 6/9
Ballast 50kg
Balast Position -44
Weight Distribution 50/50
Power Level 97.8%

Tsukuba Gearing
1st gear 3.355
2nd gear 2.435
3rd gear 1.890
4th gear 1.555
5th gear 1.315
6th gear 1.140
Final gear 4.000
Top Speed 220km/137mph

Suzuka Gearing
1st gear 3.355
2nd gear 2.435
3rd gear 1.925
4th gear 1.580
5th gear 1.335
6th gear 1.140
Final gear 3.600
Top Speed 220km/137mph

To change gears for Suzuka, simply adjust the final gear, then 3rd, 4th and 5th individually.

Last edited:
I'm new to this forum and have only been a casual driver of the GT series (logged about 80,000 miles between 3 and 4). My girfriends and two wives wouldn't say that was so casual but I digress. I've never gotten into the tuning portion much as I pretty much just maxed out the cars but never tweaked any settings except for the tranny.

However, with GT5 I've achieved a level 35 and suddenly the whole tuning thing has begun to interest me. I used your tune for the Honda Civic 1500 3door '83 and was absolutely blown away by the performance of the car. Trashing WRX's, Beamers and Skyline's on the Seasonal Events makes me smile.

That being said, I really wanted to find a good read on not just plug-and-play numbers but the theories behind the adjustments. This thread sir, was just what the doctor ordered. Thank you very much for taking so much time to post stuff like this. I'm looking forward to using your Focus '06 tune next.

I'm new to this forum and have only been a casual driver of the GT series (logged about 80,000 miles between 3 and 4). My girfriends and two wives wouldn't say that was so casual but I digress. I've never gotten into the tuning portion much as I pretty much just maxed out the cars but never tweaked any settings except for the tranny.

However, with GT5 I've achieved a level 35 and suddenly the whole tuning thing has begun to interest me. I used your tune for the Honda Civic 1500 3door '83 and was absolutely blown away by the performance of the car. Trashing WRX's, Beamers and Skyline's on the Seasonal Events makes me smile.

That being said, I really wanted to find a good read on not just plug-and-play numbers but the theories behind the adjustments. This thread sir, was just what the doctor ordered. Thank you very much for taking so much time to post stuff like this. I'm looking forward to using your Focus '06 tune next.

Enjoy the read. I need to update a couple of things based on some new learning. I have spent time figuring out transmission tuning, did some additional work around camber and played with some new 4wd tuning methods.

Feel free to come back here and ask questions.

For Nurburgring, I pretty much just raise ride height and maybe, on a few cars, soften springs and dampers a little.

I'll start tinkering a bit...

Just took the Focus for a few quick turns. Wow. Never thought I'd fall in love with a Ford. :sly: It masks my mistakes.

Now I know that there is a difference between on-line tuning and of-line tuning. I've made it to page four or so of this thread. Is that covered in here?

Thanks again for the awesome tunes! Lol. My wife might not be as appreciative though.

Now I know that there is a difference between on-line tuning and of-line tuning. I've made it to page four or so of this thread. Is that covered in here?

I should add a section on that. PD has changed the GT5 physics a few times in updates, so online is now closer than offline. For me it usually involves higher Initial Torque LSD settings , but not alot more.

I should add a section on that. PD has changed the GT5 physics a few times in updates, so online is now closer than offline. For me it usually involves higher Initial Torque LSD settings , but not alot more.

Would love to read it since you make it all pretty down to earth for us mere humans. :)

Now I just gotta figure out why I can't seem to download my pics so I can start sharing my pretty cars. :grumpy:

Would love to read it since you make it all pretty down to earth for us mere humans. :)

Now I just gotta figure out why I can't seem to download my pics so I can start sharing my pretty cars. :grumpy:
You need to use an online photo host like picasa or photobucket.👍👍

What X said, but you also may be referencing not being able to get the photos out of GT5? You need to shoot the pic, save it in GT5, go back out of photo mode to your normal GT5 area, enter the photo icon over by your garage, view the photo there, then select the export to XMB (or something). This exports the photo to be saved on your PS3, outside of the game. Exit the game and go to photo gallery on your PS3, find the photo and copy it to a USB drive. Then, upload the photo to a sharing site like flickr, get the share link and press the insert photo icon here on GTPlanet, paste in the link, but make sure that the link only contains www.flickr.whateveryourphotois#####.com and not all of that other naming junk outside of the quotes, then submit.

Easy right? I can't believe how difficult they have made it to share things out of GT5? In today's social media age, we should be able to click one button to export a photo or a replay right to the web. Come on PD stop acting so pre 2010.

Search around the site, there are better descriptions on how to upload photos.

I'm following that process (found it on the photo forum) but when I select the USB device to copy the photo to it gives me a "photo not selected" error. I'll keep trying this weekend when I have a little more patience I suppose. I agree that it should be easier than this, especially given that the "photo mode" is such a big part of the game.

BTW, just ate up some Vipers with your Focus tune. Wow.

If your ps3 is connected to the internet you don't need to save the photos to a USB stick as you can upload them directly from your XMB photo gallery to either picasa or your Facebook page if you have one. Picasa is a free photo host but has a rather small limit on the number of photos you can have on it. Other free hosts like photobucket have much higher limits. I like photobucket because it makes sharing photos on other sites like this simple as you need only to click on the proper line to copy not only the photos url but also the

If your ps3 is connected to the internet you don't need to save the photos to a USB stick as you can upload them directly from your XMB photo gallery to either picasa or your Facebook page if you have one. Picasa is a free photo host but has a rather small limit on the number of photos you can have on it. Other free hosts like photobucket have much higher limits. I like photobucket because it makes sharing photos on other sites like this simple as you need only to click on the proper line to copy not only the photos url but also the coding to make it show up here.:D[/QUOTE]

I tried that too. Got a 80030908 error. Frustrating.

Thanks for the help as well gentlemen. I really do appreciate it.

That sounds like you weren't properly logged into the SEN/PSN network. (Sony just changed the name on us those mean the same thing.:drool:)

If I'm not logged in correctly, would I still be able to have the online features of the game? They are present.

Also, logged into my FB account to try uploading (yeah, I'm desperate!). It logged me in as I could select what album to upload it to. But I got the error message after hitting the "100%" mark on the bar.

Ahhh ****, just tried another photo and it worked! Tempermental machine!

If I'm not logged in correctly, would I still be able to have the online features of the game? They are present.

Also, logged into my FB account to try uploading (yeah, I'm desperate!). It logged me in as I could select what album to upload it to. But I got the error message after hitting the "100%" mark on the bar.

Ahhh ****, just tried another photo and it worked! Tempermental machine!
Yeah SEN/PSN can be weird like that where it establishes a partial connection. One way to check is to look at your friends list and see if they are all showing up. If not all the people on your friends list are showing then you have a bad connection and need to log out of the SEN and reconnect. Ticks me off that I can surf the web and watch.netflix without being logged in, but to start netflix or upload photos you have to be logged in.:mad:

Strange. All the ones I tried just popped up on my FB page. I am going to have to tinker around with it this weekend. Get some photos up on here. One might say I'm becoming addicted to this game!

I notice your in Hillsboro. I grew up in Portland and just recently moved up to Olympia. I miss it down there!

Honda S800 '66
125hp, 720kg, 390PP
A little overkill for the Japanese Seasonals

Installed Parts
Enging Tuning Stage 3
ECU tuning
Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter: sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
Fully customizable trans
Suspension fully customizable
Sport Soft Tires

Online Seasonal Tune
RH -25/-25
Springs 7.5/6.0
Dampers ext 5/5
Dampers comp 3/3
ARB 3/2
Camber 2.0/2.0
Toe -0.10/0.00
Brake 5/5
Balast 0
Power Level 100%

My next tune. Love this little sports car!

Dirty NASCAR Daytona Oval Tune
892hp, 1565kg, 639PP

Installed Parts
Chassis Reinforcement
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH 13/15
Springs 18.5/17.4
Dampers ext 9/7
Dampers comp 7/7
ARB 6/6
Camber 3.5/3.0
Toe 0.0/0.0
LSD 15/25/5
Downforce 30/45
Brake 0/0
Balast 0
Power Limiter 100%

1st gear 2.015
2nd gear 1.425
3rd gear 1.090
4th gear 0.875
Final gear 3.600
Top Speed 400km/249mph

Last edited:
Motor City Hami
2010 Dale Jr. NASCAR Daytona Oval Tune
892hp, 1565kg, 639PP

Installed Parts
Chassis Reinforcement
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH 13/15
Springs 18.5/17.4
Dampers ext 9/7
Dampers comp 7/7
ARB 6/6
Camber 3.5/3.0
Toe 0.0/0.0
LSD 15/25/5
Downforce 30/45
Brake 0/0
Balast 0
Power Limiter 100%

1st gear 2.015
2nd gear 1.425
3rd gear 1.090
4th gear 0.875
Final gear 3.600
Top Speed 400km/249mph

You should point put that all MASCAR cars are the same, and remove the Dale JR. part.

killerjimbag
He used the Dale Jr car for the tune.
That's why it says Dale Jr.

I know but he could just say NASCAR because they are all the same. Doesn't matter if it's Jr. or Vickers or Edwards.

I know but he could just say NASCAR because they are all the same. Doesn't matter if it's Jr. or Vickers or Edwards.

True that I have not seen any difference between 2010 NASCARs though I have only used Jr and Vikers. I did take this tune and used it on the 2011 Jr. and there is something a little bit different. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it is just a touch more grippy, but also a touch slower with the exact same tune.

Back