PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Alright guys, here we go:

raceinfo_spa.png

its looking more likely that I can race. Looking forward to get back into racing after a nice break from it

Room up for Practice - # 1472 6399 8451 1923 8231

Not sure if this room crashed when I left or not, otherwise there were still a couple of people in there ;)

outlaw Qualified

2'31.665
2'31.290

Litchi Qualified

2'31.702
?? (Need to check replay for second lap, but it was slower)

Last edited:

Here's a track map for reference:

bridgestone_circuit_map_spa.jpg

Well I've done a few 29s but dey for special timez. :dopey:

I'll go over a few places where I think some people lose time.

Take turn 5 as tight as you can, and take a later apex than you would for turn 6. It will set you up nicer for turn 7 and the straight (albeit a short one) down to Rivage.

Take Rivage as tight as you can without touching the rumble too much after the initial turn in point, but obviously if you can't time it right on the brakes, it's worth braking a little bit later, to diamond it slightly. Don't let your left set of wheels touch the green part of the kerbing to your left as you exit Rivage. Imo it compromises you for setting yourself up for turn 9. For turn 9 you right set of wheels should definitely be on the red+white rumbles to your right, or even the green bit, depending on the exit you got out of Rivage. Downshifting to 2nd (depending on your transmission obviously) might help you turn in a little better.

For Fagnes, turn in late, slowly getting closer to the rumblestrip as you go round it. Again try not touching the rumble. Don't turn into the left part of Fagnes too early nor too late. Try make your left set of wheels touch the green astro/rumble stuff on the inside of this kerb. Too early and your left wheel will touch the grass first. I do this bit in 2nd, changing up to 3rd on exit but depends on your trans...

For the bus stop, downshift to 1st as early as you can making it easier to turn in, take as much kerb for the first apex. Depending on your entry here, I carry on turning right and go 100% throttle and then off again, shifting my car right. I immediately then turn left which helps me turn in for the 2nd bit. Prioritise the exit here over entry, obviously. :) And stay right for the quickest route to the line *Martin Brundle Voice*.

So Les Combes, exit of Rivage/turn 9, Fagnes second part. :)

A good post on how to run this track.

Ok, for all drivers participating in the D1 race this week, hoping Jason doesn't mind, but I'd like to ask you all a favor.

I need to shoot a quick action scene at Le Mans for a teaser trailer for an upcoming series. It's only going to be a quick scene, about fifteen seconds at the most, so if you can spare like half an hour after the race to help me out it would be appreciated.

I need volunteers to bring the following cars. Doesn't matter who drivers what, but I'd like to have as many of the cars present as possible:
Audi R10, Peugeot 908, Toyota GT-ONE, Corvette Z06 RM (yellow, number 99), Stealth GT500, Dodge Viper GTS-R Race Car, M3 GTR Race Car, R8 LMS (either Team Playstation or any color variant), and the premium Ford GT Test Car Spec II.

So that's 9 cars, and I will be the camera car, so I'll ideally have 9 people as actors in the "play". Basically we're gonna do a couple laps around Le Mans where the actors will stage various overtakes they find cool and awesome at their discretion. But of course it'll mostly be LMPs overtaking the GT cars and eachother. This will be run at twilight in-game light time.

PM me if you're game and which cars you don't have from the list. This post will be edited out once I get confirmation of the drivers able to take part. Cheers.

^ Sounds like fun.

Just how many people are running 30s and how low? I just can't find a good turn 1 brake point so I have really slow T1s, I can't get under 31 yet.
Anyone online later today in a GMT or EDT friendly time slot?

thanks guys. I just thought it'd be easiest to try and do this sort of thing right after a race meet rather than trying to schedule a dedicated time just for it.

and btw, this is also open to D2 drivers that are willing and able 👍 the more cars the better.

Sure, i'l be here Ed. But i'll race for FMSC with my GTP account and i'll rejoin after the race with my french account cause I don't have those cars on my GTP account ;)

Yeah wardez no problem, would help if I could find my old save file for my other profile as like litchi I don't have those cars on GTP_ account. So I'll try have atleast one of the cars by saturday anyway 👍.

Carra the only 30 I have ran at spa was in a dream :P, I qualified high 31 in pre-season if I can beat that I'll be happy.

Litchi and Green - I can give you guys a 23 ticket if you want. Most of those cars are available using a 23. You'll have a chance anyway. Just send a FR to oshawa-joe from the account you need it sent to. I can send 1 before today's reset and 1 after reset. Just let me know when you send the FR.

I can be there too Ed, not sure which cars I have except for the 908, will get back to you on that.

With that I also plan on being at the race.

Can someone confirm for me the Weight regulations online? They're in increments of 10kg correct? So it goes from 790kg to 800kg?

Room's now closed.

You know, there was a time when I begged for Spa in GT5. Now, every time I see it on the schedule, I just want to do this:

:banghead:

*Edward Gomez likes this*
lol Rich, 👍

Room's now closed.

You know, there was a time when I begged for Spa in GT5. Now, every time I see it on the schedule, I just want to do this:

:banghead:

For me, it's not about the track, but as I mentioned earlier, I feel it is much better in higher powered cars. If the practice races are anything to go by, it's going to be hectic :crazy:

For me, it's not about the track, but as I mentioned earlier, I feel it is much better in higher powered cars. If the practice races are anything to go by, it's going to be hectic :crazy:

Yeah, the GT500 JGTS on spa was great and the most fun I've had there was in the Pug 908 in the mixed enduro. So I'm with you, the track is only a snore in anything that has less than 600PP.

Hello guys, this is my first post on GTP, but I'm just going to tell you where I'm at and how awesome this sounds to me.
1.) I love this car, and drive it as often as I can and usually I get on here everyday (which I know is not required since the race is once a week) but my main thing is has it worked out so far? Like being clean and stuff.
2.) A buddy of mine who happens to have the same name as me (in real life and kind of username on PSN) harrison1476, told me great stuff about this and how its ran. He unfortunately got kicked out due to dirty driving and regulation errors. But the short time he was in here, he knew this was legit, and told me to check it out.
3.) I just want to ensure you that I promise I will be on my best "behavior" while racing w/ you guys. and if someone is going faster than I am, I am going to let him by, and I won't try to battle him.

Anyway guys, If I get let in on this, I will be pretty stoked, I have watched the championship video on youtube, and even your videos with whoever commentated over it are amazing. Thanks so much :)

ADR Crew-Harrison

p.s to whoever runs this, it probably takes a while to get me in, but is it ok that I chose Hendrick motorsports? because I'm not sure if he's in my division, anyway just PM me if you can

Hello guys, this is my first post on GTP, but I'm just going to tell you where I'm at and how awesome this sounds to me.

Welcome to GTP! :gtpflag:

R1600Turbo (Jason) runs this joint and will be able to answer all of your questions. I am sure the series would be happy to have you if you prove to be a good fit.

:cheers:

Welcome to GTP! :gtpflag:

R1600Turbo (Jason) runs this joint and will be able to answer all of your questions. I am sure the series would be happy to have you if you prove to be a good fit.

:cheers:

Ok, well thanks :) I stayed up till about midnight getting my car set-up and am near broken in, and have met regulations for weight/horsepower and unlimited pp is nice so we can have full aero. Yeah can't wait its gonna be a blast.

Back