PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
outlaw4rc
If you're willing to be host/steward, that's perfectly fine by me. 👍

How many are qualified/ starting at the back excluding me?

EDIT: Okay, 8. In that case it might be better if I race just to keep the numbers up, maybe?

MÜLE_9242;6939161
How many are qualified/ starting at the back excluding me?

EDIT: Okay, 8. In that case it might be better if I race just to keep the numbers up, maybe?
If the D1 race is any indication, incidents are all but guaranteed, so it's better having a steward.

True. If we can find someone in 20 minutes, great, if not I'll do it.

D2 Room Now Open:

1472-6118-3701-4253-4431

raceinfo_monza.png

Starting Lineup
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Aqy_r1oi_7GAdF92NVkwU0x0QlhxU0ExMlFKSVVVQ0E&single=true&gid=7&output=html[/QUOTE]

On my iPod right now so I'm double posting.

No clue. I've always gone first come, first served.

Just missing Erick and welsh right now.

I'm around if it isn't too late and mule want's to drive.
I can join the room and steward... up to you.

Hop in the room, Tim. Just about to reset track, only missing Erick.

12 laps in, everyone's gotten through the SS tires with only single car incidents
(oh, aliens got tire bugged :( but it was only him)

great race developing between Rich and Nige.

Last edited:
GR Rich and Nige and way to stick with it Aliens 👍

Code:
1. GTP_Welsh-Bain        54:23.677     (2:05.526)
2. outlaw4rc             +0:02.318     (2:06.235)
3. El_Aliens69           +0:57.313     (2:06.517)
4. OwensRacing           +1:16.316     (2:07.100)
5. bdubclub              +1:53.660     (2:07.550)
6. RIP_DeadMansHand      +2:37.630     (2:08.409)
7. Tboat009                +1L         (2:11.574)
8. Jay2daB329              +1L         (2:09.187)
9. Mule                    +5L

Last edited:
Typical race for me. Had to pit for damage on lap 3, do well the rest of the race until I spin and get damaged in parabolica on lap 19. And it goes downhill from there, ending with me spinning into the pits and getting a drive through. Not sure if that counts as a rage quit or not.

I don't even way to think about this race anymore.

Back on a real computer after 4 days. HUGE thank you to both Rich and Steve for hosting and taking care of everything for me. I'll get all the sheets updated tomorrow, for now I'm beat and will be hitting the sack very soon.

This will be the last time this kind of thing will need to happen. The California trip was sprung on me at the last minute and I couldn't pass it up.

Thanks again to everyone for helping.

i screwed up selecting my tires in my pitstop n had to do a second pitstop, too bad 'cause i think i had great pace to fight for top

What a fun race. :dopey:

Nige and I almost went off at T1 trying to outbrake each other, but I got off a little better. Almost pulled away, but he drew me back in. We did it again, but I paid a heavy price, ending up nicking the wall, losing lots of positions. Honestly, I'm still not sure whether I used the wrong brake marker or if the car wriggled on me, increasing my brake distance. Either way, it didn't matter because I pitted at around Lap 7-8 for rain tires, when my times was approaching my PB in the rain. It worked perfectly, as I caught right back up with Nige after he pitted a lap or two later. From then on, it was lap after lap of hard battling. We were swapping positions like no tomorrow, but we did it cleanly. At one point, I thought he beached it at Parabolica, but it was the game glitching.

Because the rain wasn't falling that hard, my tires were wearing more than expected, and I was having greater difficultly planting the power down, even in 2nd gear. Finally, on Lap 24, that ended my chances of winning when the car refused to go exiting Lesmos 2, and Nige got away from me.

Even without my mistake, the slow rain probably would have done me in. My setup worked best when it was pouring, but not in conditions like today. Oh well.

At this rate, I won't win the division, but RDS Motorsports is sitting pretty. :sly:

Well done to welsh and everyone racing last night you guys did well not to involve the saftey car 👍.

Ps Spa isn't going to wet is it ? ......... :scared::scared::scared:

I’d like to apologize to everyone for missing another race. I missed the two previous races as work has been extremely busy and I’ve had some other commitments on weekends. I had planned on racing this weekend, especially since I think Monza is one of my better tracks. Unfortunately, we had a big scheduling issue at work, so I wasn’t able to get more than just a couple short practice sessions, not even enough to shake off the rust. Easter festivities took up just about all of Sunday, so I wasn’t able to get on again last night. I don’t anticipate this week to be any better, but I would at least like to participate in the season finale at Monaco. If the race is full and you would rather keep it open for the more active participants, I understand. If I don’t see you guys on the track again this season, it was a pleasure being a part of another season in such a great series and racing with such talented and classy drivers, I just wish I could’ve participated more consistently. Also, thanks to Jason for putting the time and effort into running the series 👍

Monza was a neat race with some unique challenges. I had a lot of fun racing there.

I hope Diabolical and Oshawa_Joe show up for the next two races, I like having a target in front of me to "shoot" for.

It would have been fun racing with you tboat. Family showed up for dinner and stayed longer than expected.

i am running some laps at SPA if anyone wants to join:

1472-4711-0167-3386-4948

this is a really fun track. ive gotten my laps down to the low 2:33s but there is still more time to gain. i hope it stays dry because this track would be near impossible in the rain

edit: room closed

Last edited:
i am running some laps at SPA if anyone wants to join:

1472-4711-0167-3386-4948

this is a really fun track. ive gotten my laps down to the low 2:33s but there is still more time to gain. i hope it stays dry because this track would be near impossible in the rain

Spa Times
Last time around, a 31 was a fast lap, 32 was a good lap only a few hit 30, and only aderrrm could get into 29s (I think, didn't see D2).
I did a couple laps after Monza, 32.4 was my best time and I think my old PB was 31.3

Sheets updated:

Race Results

Driver Standings

Team Standings

1 Team was deleted from the Team Standings, and 3 drivers were deleted from the Driver Standings for not showing and not giving notices.

Edit: Just an FYI for those practicing Spa, both my weather sources say partly cloudy for Saturday at this time. :)

Last edited:
Sheets updated:

Race Results

Driver Standings

Team Standings

1 Team was deleted from the Team Standings, and 3 drivers were deleted from the Driver Standings for not showing and not giving notices.

Edit: Just an FYI for those practicing Spa, both my weather sources say partly cloudy for Saturday at this time. :)

I'm not in the Driver Standings? I know my points won't count for much, but still :)

And I joined Cicua's team (Mazda Heritage Club) at Indy, but that doesn't seem to have been reflected in the standings either.

I'm not in the Driver Standings? I know my points won't count for much, but still :)

And I joined Cicua's team (Mazda Heritage Club) at Indy, but that doesn't seem to have been reflected in the standings either.

Last I heard you were in it for fun.

In any case, I'll update it when I get my next break.

Back