The F1TV Fantasy League '12 I *Weekend Results & Race Video Post #426*

What should the race distance % be set to?

• Total voters
I'll accept that this time, but remember, your photo has to be taken in-game, while you're on the track and the car/track/laptime/laps done should be visible.

That time could be from any car for all we know but as I say I will accept it this time.

I'll accept that this time, but remember, your photo has to be taken in-game, while you're on the track and the car/track/laptime/laps done should be visible.

That time could be from any car for all we know but as I say I will accept it this time.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I was just so frustraited I forgot that so I just took the pic there. I can guarantee though that I have been in nothing but the BMW Sauber F1.06 and I honesty doubt being in any other car would've made that big a difference for me. I just can't stand that track with that sunset conditions.

No more laptimes can be submitted now.

It is a bit disappointing that we have 3 users here who signed up for Full-Quali but haven't submitted a laptime without a reason for it, with nitrorocks being the third week in a row now not to produce one.

We all have things to do. And my PS3 is connected to the TV in the living room, so I can't just use it whilst my parents are watching TV.

So before you pass judgment, consider that there are people with lives, who can't fully commit to this because they have Family, Friends, Jobs, School, Sports, Chores, and any other list of things to do. You provide an alternative for when people can't set times, so they use it. Simple as that.

No need to get bitchy about it, I just said it was a bit disappointing is all. I wasn't "passing judgement".

Anyway, it was a good race this weekend, I'm sure you'll all enjoy it when it's up.

No need to get bitchy about it, I just said it was a bit disappointing is all. I wasn't "passing judgement".

Anyway, it was a good race this weekend, I'm sure you'll all enjoy it when it's up.

Gotta agree. Also, 7 days is a lot of time no matter what, when a decent qualy time can be set in like 30 minutes but whatever.

And where are the qualy results? NEED to see lol.

Race Video

Please give the video a 'Like' if you enjoyed watching it and don't forget to watch in high quality - 480p.

Qualifying Results

1. Williams-Cosworth - Nico Rosberg (Alex p. - 1:24.576)
  2. Ferrari - Michael Schumacher (ipswich1992 - 1:26.037)
  3. BMW Sauber-BMW - Nick Heidfeld (RACECAR - 1:27.233)
  4. McLaren-Mercedes - Juan Pablo Montoya (dj_hazardous - 1:29.175)
  5. Ferrari - Felipe Massa (t3hgt3ftw1n - Random-Quali)
  6. Renault - Giancarlo Fisichella (GT4 Genius - Random-Quali)
  7. Renault - Fernando Alonso (Hollow - Random-Quali)
  8. McLaren-Mercedes - Kimi Räikkönen (lbsf1 - Random-Quali)
  9. Honda - Rubens Barrichello (Liquid - Random-Quali)
  10. BMW Sauber-BMW - Jacques Villeneuve (nitrorocks - Random-Quali)
  11. Honda - Jenson Button (hawkeye122 - Random-Quali)
  12. Williams-Cosworth - Mark Webber (ENTERSANDMAN13 - Random-Quali)
  13. Toyota - Jarno Trulli (Prince 4851 - Random-Quali)
  14. Super Aguri-Honda - Takuma Sato (akmuq - Random-Quali)
  15. Red Bull-Ferrari - David Coulthard
  16. Red Bull-Ferrari - Christian Klien
  17. Toyota - Ralf Schumacher
  18. MF1-Toyota - Tiago Monteiro
  19. MF1-Toyota - Christijan Albers
  20. Toro Rosso-Cosworth - Scott Speed
  21. Super Aguri-Honda - Yuji Ide
  22. Toro Rosso-Cosworth - Vitantonio Liuzzi

Race Results

1. Ferrari - Michael Schumacher (ipswich1992) - 10 pts
  2. Renault - Fernando Alonso (Hollow) - 8 pts
  3. Honda - Jenson Button (hawkeye122 - 6 pts
  4. BMW Sauber-BMW - Nick Heidfeld (RACECAR) - 5 pts
  5. Williams-Cosworth - Nico Rosberg - DSQ
  6. Red Bull-Ferrari - David Coulthard - 3 pts
  7. BMW Sauber-BMW - Jacques Villeneuve (nitrorocks) - 2 pts
  8. Toyota - Ralf Schumacher - 1 pt
  9. Toro Rosso-Cosworth - Scott Speed
  10. Williams-Cosworth - Mark Webber (ENTERSANDMAN13 - Full-Quali)
  11. MF1-Toyota - Tiago Monteiro

Congratulations to ipswich1992 for his second race win of the season:

goldq.png

Congratulations to Hollow for achieving 2nd:

silvernw.png

Congratulations to hawkeye122 for achieving 3rd and his first podium of the season:

bronzedf.png

Last edited:
Awesome!

Edit: So how long until the race is up, can't wait to see it, just as excited as about real F1 haha.

(Sorry I know I'm impatient)

Hawkeye. Dont commit to full qually if you cant do it. Hazard is saying people who said full quali havent bothered. If u cannot do it then sign up with random.

By signing up with full you are saying you can do it. And so are expected to

Hawkeye. Dont commit to full qually if you cant do it. Hazard is saying people who said full quali havent bothered. If u cannot do it then sign up with random.

Well that's a little harsh on the other hand I think, why not having full qualy as an option for those, who have the game but can't be bothered/don't have the time to post a time. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a little shame not everyone with full qualy posts times, as it would make the whole thing more interesting. 👍

You provide an alternative for when people can't set times, so they use it. Simple as that.

Oh yep this.

Last edited:
It's more the other way around; in that people who signed up with full-quali as their choice do have the option to not enter a time and get put in random-qualifying (it's no hidden secret, that's how it works) but that's not the point, the point is that when you say your going to do something you should follow through with it.

I know that things can come up sometimes and that's understandable (I wasn't directly talking to hawkeye in the first place) but like you say Alex; anyone can easily find 30 minutes out of a week to get a time down. And situations like nitrorocks' is just ridiculous.

hawkeye's post just blew this whole thing out of proportion because he jumped out at a comment I made like it was a retalliation for attacking him, when the comment was only in regards to the situation of qualifying as a whole right now (which yes, was aimed at him but not directly).

ipswich1992

This, never commit to something if you cant do it, or atleast let dj know if you are having problems.

BTW, i hate it when people need to justify that they have a "life" compared to other people because they are either "too cool" or busy to do something..

I'm going to be honest here dj, I'm very disappointed with the footage. I can barely watch it. Let me please give some constructive critique:

1. Please try to not show one car for longer than a minute.

2. Please try at least to present the start of the race better.

3. Please do not concentrate only on the top 8-10. That is boring and unfair to those, who are in lower positions, like my teammate Webber=ENTERSANDMAN13.

4. Please switch more often between all cars.

5. Please show us what happened in case of an accident. The accidents are announced by the commentators, so you only need to quickly jump to that car or better: wait half a minute and then use the instant replay feature.

All in all I really get the impression that you randomly switched from car to car, while you were busy doing something else, at least in some parts of the race that was my impression. If that is the case, you should drop manual camera alltogether and use auto.

What you do with that critique is certainly only up to you. But let me please quote you here, as it is so fitting:

...but that's not the point, the point is that when you say your going to do something you should follow through with it.

SPOILER EDIT!:

1. 5th place, yes!
2. My teammate out of points, damned.
3. So many fast cars out of the race, ouch!
4. How could Heidfeld=RACECAR still finish infront of me? Daym.
5. Who was that, whose engine blew up RIGHT before the finish line? :lol: I think it was Villeneuve, still 7th. :P

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest here dj, I'm very disappointed with the footage. I can barely watch it. Let me please give some constructive critique:

1. Please try to not show one car for longer than a minute.

2. Please try at least to present the start of the race better.

3. Please do not concentrate only on the top 8-10. That is boring and unfair to those, who are in lower positions, like my teammate Webber=ENTERSANDMAN13.

4. Please switch more often between all cars.

5. Please show us what happened in case of an accident. The accidents are announced by the commentators, so you only need to quickly jump to that car or better: wait half a minute and then use the instant replay feature.

All in all I really get the impression that you randomly switched from car to car, while you were busy doing something else, at least in some parts of the race that was my impression. If that is the case, you should drop manual camera alltogether and use auto.

What you do with that critique is certainly only up to you. But let me please quote you here, as it is so fitting:

SPOILER EDIT!:

1. 5th place, yes!
2. My teammate out of points, damned.
3. So many fast cars out of the race, ouch!
4. How could Heidfeld=RACECAR still finish infront of me? Daym.
5. Who was that, whose engine blew up RIGHT before the finish line? :lol: I think it was Villeneuve, still 7th. :P
Dude, you're starting to annoy me again.

Before giving all these comments how about watching the race fully? You must have watched about 20 mins-half an hour at most before typing all of that out.

I will try to answer your comments in full later on but you have to realise it's not easy doing all of this, especially going through the field in manual and addressing everyone's preferences just isn't realistic. I followed the cars that had more than 1 on screen and those that had a user on here registered to them. Webber (ENTERSANDMAN13) was mostly solo on the track and hardly ever came close to any overtakes, when he did I followed him. And no, I was not randomly following cars while doing other stuff, you cheaky git. Do you have ADD or something?

Last of all, please wrap spoilers with
tags.

-

1. Please try to not show one car for longer than a minute. - Oh, so now you want me to miss when an overtake is about to happen like the auto camera?

2. Please try at least to present the start of the race better. - How? Would you like me to change video inputs to my webcam and do an impersonation of Murray Walker whilst dancing a jig or something!?

3. Please do not concentrate only on the top 8-10. That is boring and unfair to those, who are in lower positions, like my teammate Webber=ENTERSANDMAN13. - Answered above

4. Please switch more often between all cars. - Answered above

5. Please show us what happened in case of an accident. The accidents are announced by the commentators, so you only need to quickly jump to that car or better: wait half a minute and then use the instant replay feature. - I didn't know about the instant replay feature, I will look into it.

Alex dno why you did that quote. It's a completely different situation.
Completely unrelated..
Yeah, I didn't get that either. I know what he's infering but it's still irrelavent to the context of which I said it.

Last edited:
Wow, someone seriously needs to learn how to accept critique. And stop calling others stupid names and accusing them of being "bitchy", when in fact, you are as guilty of all those things.

Alex dno why you did that quote. It's a completely different situation.
Completely unrelated..

It isn't. He wanted to do the F1TV feature, and told me he wants to do it with the manaul camera. (As it has many advantages to auto). But he doesn't use those advantages, in fact, auto camera would have done a better job than he did, I know this game and all it's features very well, I know what I'm talking about.

So he accused someone of not sticking to his "promises" (doing full qualy), while he himself doesn't stick to his. (providing an at least decent video)

But yeah hate me for having an opinion and good points/arguments. After all I'm simply annoying and a cheaky git with ADD. I should report that post...

EDIT: Oh the fine English gentleman dj banned me because of my "complaints" and because I would be called a "loud mouth" by the British, as he stated in the pm he sent me. Really gentleman like and mature. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
I think the replays are good, the only thing i think would improve would maybe to use more camera angles for example changing to the onboard camera more often and see the battles from a better perspective maybe.

but great work anyway :)👍

Thankyou, atleast everyone else here appreciates it.

Regarding the views; yes you're right I did kind of forget about them. I did remember to change a couple of times but not nearly enough for some decent variation.

I will improve the coverage as the season progresses as I am still getting the hang of things and still developing a template to use as a basis for every weekend.

Thankyou, atleast everyone else here appreciates it.

Regarding the views; yes you're right I did kind of forget about them. I did remember to change a couple of times but not nearly enough for some decent variation.

I will improve the coverage as the season progresses as I am still getting the hang of things and still developing a template to use as a basis for every weekend.

Yeah cool, and.... 4:00am??????????????????????????? man you must have been tired! :lol:

Plus im sure it takes a while to upload!

Ah, you saw the in-game XMB? :D

Yes & still very tired, I started uploading as soon as the race ended and it only finished around 1-2PM.

Just letting everyone know I've removed Alex p. from the league, he stirs up too much trouble & I believe the league will be better off without him. I won't be discussing this in public any further, as I don't like any of this & I just want to enjoy the league and the competition.

Just letting everyone know I've removed Alex p. from the league...

Oh how very gentle of you. (After you saw my post edit from the previous page and realized you couldn't held it as "private" as you would have liked, after sending me a pm about it)

..., he stirs up too much trouble & I believe the league will be better off without him. I won't be discussing this in public any further, as I don't like any of this & I just want to enjoy the league and the competition.

Further proving my point that you can't take any critique...

Err no, as everyone would obviously realise you'd be missing from the next race weekend etc. I just thought I owed an explanation is all.

And I decided to take it to PM because I didn't see what good it would do everyone else having to put up with this crap. I'm not going into the matter any further.

Ahh that sucks. :(

is really kicking him out neccesary? after all at the start of his post he said it was constructive critisism, and suggesting improvements.

but Alex i think you were being abit harsh on him, i think the way you chose your words in some of your comments sounded abit rude (im sure unintentionally)

I think you guys should chill and take it less serious, just have fun, after all, that is what this is for, the more people we can get involved of this unpopular game the better (because it is rare to find something that as a community we can do on this game).

Back on topic, DAMN! Mark Webber was just outside the points :(

This is the problem, Alex's tone was very condescending and quite irritating to read. When you speak like that (on the internet) people take what you're saying in a bad light.

To me it sounded like you were having a dig at hazard, NOT giving constructive critisism.

His "promise" as you call it is a lot harder to live up to than doing full qually when you said you would commit to.

He's doing a great job. There are improvements however as the mod his only promise is to run the league, the way he does so is up to him. He does not have to promise you to film a certain way etc.

Hazard, after looking at how things like this go in other leagues (f1 2011 etc) I think you've done the right thing.

Jus' my 2 cents

Back