Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Well, I'd better catchup and let out a few thoughts on:

Holy sh... eboyah! Ginetta G4 "The Holy Handgrenade" by Harvey

Ahh, I haven't done this in a while. What was I doing during all this time? Well, let's just say I was addicted to a certain Japanese one-eyed samurai... Damm your awesomeness, Masamune Date and Sengoku Basara... Ah nuts, I'm going off topic, excuse me. So, what do we have here? A trophy for the best team in the Japanese Shootout, another chapter of the Parrots\Outlaws rivalrly. And my, is it a shocker!

I've learned about the Ginetta after reading a few words in C-Zeta's review thread. I also learned on its ability to reach amazingly high (and ridiculous) level of PP. How much? 400? 500? 550? Nope. This car has 6. 0. 5. 605 PP! In a English Kit car! Quite amazing, really.

Much like its paintjob. This car is not for quiet, reserved drivers. This thing is so full of gold, I'm amazed it doesn't make yellow tire smoke when you slide it! Which you'll be doing a lot when you drive this, because this little go-kart has quite the mean streak, and you will be fighting to keep it steady. The steering is so light, and the tail is so easygoing, that the chance of you doing a corner in a grip manner is a 1 in a 1000000. And that is a very small number, mind you. The power to weight ratio must have tilted the dyno, because it is ridiculous... A deserving trophy of car, that is quite the win. Accel is quick as hell, it performs quite well on tight tracks, and it is unique. Enjoy your award, Outlaws! You sure deserve it...

I've just tried that old favourite Pocket Monster in the Chamonix Time Trial and got a respectable bronze time of 1:30.1xx.

I think I could shave a decent amount of time with some tinkering to the 500pp and slightly less handbrake. It gets a bit unstable over the bumpy section due to the hard ride, but if you hold on and keep the pedal to the metal it sees you right!

I'm going to have to try the Ginetta! Been waiting for a tune for one for ages.

Thanks Niku for the quickie review of the "Holy Handgrenade".👍👍

@Woodski_427 glad to see your still enjoying the "Pocket Monster".:D I keep meaning to go back and see if I can't give it a slightly more compliant suspension that will handle the rougher tracks better without losing the overall feel and handling of the car.:crazy: As for the "Holy Handgrenade" check out my "Quest for the Holy Grail" thread and give it q go.:cheers:

And speaking of the "Quest for the Holy Grail" you all can look forward to the second challenge for the "Holy Handgrenade" coming this week.:cheers: krenkme's daughter selected this one so once I confirm the time as a good target I'll get it posted along with a "Champion" time.
Knowing that some of us bigger people struggle with the Sports Softs the princess has taken pity on us and decreed Race Hard tires for the upcoming challenge.:bowdown::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Um... sorry to bother you Mr. Wallbanger, but is my tune worthy of a link in the OP? :nervous:...:dopey:
Yeah it is I just haven't gotten around to updating the index here and the F.I.T.T. event calendar yet.

Well everyone wish me luck. Verizon overnighted a different brand of Cell phone to me yesterday to try and fix my internet issues. Of course they sent three different boxes with various parts of the phone in them, unfortunately they failed to include a battery...:drool:
After yet more time on the phone with tech support they agreed to overnight me a battery. (nice of them eh?:lol:)
Just got two more boxes each containing a new battery.:confused:

Anyways this should be the last post from the old Thunderbolt...:scared:

XDesperado67
Yeah it is I just haven't gotten around to updating the index here and the F.I.T.T. event calendar yet.

Well everyone wish me luck. Verizon overnighted a different brand of Cell phone to me yesterday to try and fix my internet issues. Of course they sent three different boxes with various parts of the phone in them, unfortunately they failed to include a battery...:drool:
After yet more time on the phone with tech support they agreed to overnight me a battery. (nice of them eh?:lol:)
Just got two more boxes each containing a new battery.:confused:

Anyways this should be the last post from the old Thunderbolt...:scared:

Thanks, and the best of luck with your phone and internet connection :dopey:

On new phone and so far so good.👍👍

Managed to get the car pack I was missing and the Route X test track.:cheers:

Not sure if I'll manage to get the Academy download or not but will try.:D

On new phone and so far so good.👍👍

Managed to get the car pack I was missing and the Route X test track.:cheers:

Not sure if I'll manage to get the Academy download or not but will try.:D

Good luck with that. Enjoy your car pack! :)👍 By the way, I don't the typo you've made with my name earlier.👍

XDesperado67

Yay! I have become a (dis)honorary member of the Cafe 👍:lol:. Thanks Harv. Car is still on share if you want some fun :D

Side note - me and my daughter ran a best of 7 challenge, featuring the Outlaws and the Clueless, this weekend. A lot of trash talking, great races, and fun. Once I stop for the night, I will post how it went. :dopey:

Side note - me and my daughter ran a best of 7 challenge, featuring the Outlaws and the Clueless, this weekend. A lot of trash talking, great races, and fun. Once I stop for the night, I will post how it went. :dopey:

Little Katie trash talking? This I have to hear. :lol:

Also…I think I showed…one person this, but after a fairly successful outing, 2 STCs will be joining the garage…one has been recovered from the bottom of the Loch after an accident with the requester on a drive, and the other is just waiting on some lovely banners to be PS'd.

However, while I wait on that, here's the pretty picture with an even prettier guest. :drool:
6974178226_bce04a533e.jpg

7152221049_66af3c4d49.jpg

Credits go to uMadson? for the editing in the last picture. Again.

Onboy123

:scared:... don't let her know you called her Katie... :scared:. She HATES that :nervous::lol:

It went well, we had a lot of fun, and I hope to have the outcome later today. :dopey:

Last edited:

Also…I think I showed…one person this, but after a fairly successful outing, 2 STCs will be joining the garage…one has been recovered from the bottom of the Loch after an accident with the requester on a drive, and the other is just waiting on some lovely banners to be PS'd.

However, while I wait on that, here's the pretty picture with an even prettier guest. :drool:
6974178226_bce04a533e.jpg

7152221049_66af3c4d49.jpg

Credits go to uMadson? for the editing in the last picture. Again.

Awe inspireing last pic... :drool: That is one gorgeous purple gal. Nice car,too.

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Volkswagen Schwimmagen Typ166 '42 "Cthulhus last Ride"

This is where the Outlaws type up something interesting about the car, but for this car there isn't much left to tell. I made a bet with the head Outlaw, The Harvey Wallbanger, and he wanted my birds ride. Sad to make it public (I'm kinda selfish :dopey: ) and Cthulhu didn't want to see it go, but know it can be yours.

sangalganoabbey4.jpg

sangalganoabbey.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: New Car Dealership
Paintjob: Funeral Black :(
Wheels: N/A
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: No
Carbon Hood: -
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Yes
Catalytic Converter: Yes
Exhaust: Racing
Turbo Kit: - High RPM
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: - Adjustable
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Med.

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: -
Power Limiter: -
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Top Speed to 62mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.430,
2nd=1.820,
3rd=1.390,
4th=1.075,
5th=0.855
5) Set Final gear to 3.500
Should display an indicated top speed of ???mph in upper right corner.(sorry didn't write that down)
LSD Front - Initial 15, Acceleration 22, Braking 5
LSD Rear - Initial 12, Acceleration 18, Braking 5
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.3, Rear 2.6
Toe Angle Front -0.15, Rear 0.10
Ride Height Front -5, Rear 0
Spring Rate Front 2.0, Rear 3.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 6, Rear 6
Dampers (Compression) Front 8, Rear 8
Anti-Roll Bars Front 5, Rear 4
Brakes Front 4, Rear 2

The car has 397PP, weighs 819Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 121HP and produces 163ft-lb torque@3,900rpm with a ?,???rpm redline.

Note: Best if used with a manual transmission. Keep the revs up between 3500-4200 RPM at all times, or else it will "bog" down

Note 2: Go easy on the brakes, and the sharp stearing.
Note 3: Once you get use to how this car handles, you too will enjoy it. :dopey:
Note 4: Do NOT use grippy tires, or you may tip over!!! (You've been warned)

sangalganoabbey2.jpg

-Edit- Sorry Harv, but this car is untradable... it is on share though :dopey:

Bought car - check

Tune Cafe's way - almost there

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/20089440.jpg - Easy

It went well, we had a lot of fun, and I hope to have the outcome later today. :dopey:

Forgot the notebook that contained my notes for the battle, and some other things I was working on at home :grumpy:. I will say this for now though, "Pocket Monster" vs Beat started off the fun. :D

oops. It seems I have bumped this thred. Sorry boys... I didn't mean it :dopey:

Stupid double post :banghead:

Check the OP for great tunes (it's the first post)

onboibanner2.jpg

Meet my latest obsession. Not the car, the girl in the banner, duh. Anyways, you'd expect the car to match the girl in some way or other. And it does. Aside from the purple.

Senjougahara (the S in STC, also the girl's name) is very literally 'battlefield' in Japanese. And it's easy to see why it fits this car, like the girl, it's a battle to get it on your side at first. But like a battle, it's extremely rewarding when you get your way.

Lexus ISF STC

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Lexus ISF Racing Concept
Buy from: NCD
Paintjob: Midnight Purple (P)
Wheels: --
Aerodynamic Kit: --

Weight Reduction: --
Window Weight Reduction: --
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: Racing (all)

The Tune
Aerodynamics: 35/60
Ballast: --
Power Limiter: 98.9%

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set to 124
2)Set Final Gear to 4.390/2.565
1st=2.990
2nd=2.312
3rd=1.859
4th=1.523
5th=1.272
6th=1.095
Should display an indicated top speed of 204 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Braking: 7

Suspension
Camber Angle: 3.0/2.0
Toe Angle: -0.20/0.00
Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 16.0/15.0
Dampers (Extension): 5/4
Dampers (Compression): 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6

Brakes
6/7

The car has 600 PP, weighs 1350Kg with a 52/48 front/rear weight distribution, has 567HP and produces 499ft-lb torque@4500 rpm with a 7500 rpm redline.

- Photoshopped picture courtesy of uMadson?.

Honda Raybrig NSX '06- 蓝色风暴

Can't read Chinese? Don't worry, here's the translation. The name means Blue Storm. Which gives you a damn good idea as to how this car is going to drive.

It's wild, alright, make no mistake. The picture doesn't do it justice. It won't kill you, in fact, you might even enjoy it, but always remember, respect its power.

The Tune
Aerodynamics: 40/60
Power Limiter: 99.3%

Transmission- process as follows
1)Set to 124
2)Set Final Gear to 4.500/2.500
1st=3.580
2nd=2.690
3rd=2.125
4th=1.730
5th=1.435
6th=1.215
Should display an indicated top speed of 221 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 20
Braking: 7

Suspension
Camber Angle: 3.0/1.5
Toe Angle: -0.25/0.20
Spring Rate: 17.0/18.0
Dampers (Extension): 7/5
Dampers (Compression): 5/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/6

Brakes
5/7

The car has 596 PP, weighs 1100Kg with a 52/48 front/rear weight distribution, has 500HP and produces 424lt-lb torque@6000 rpm with a 8000 rpm redline.

- Feel free to get rid of the power limiter, it's only there for competition reasons, the car can handle a turbo, but the use of full on Racing Soft tyres are advised.

*Thanks to ugabugaz for the above!

Reviews:
Niku Driver HC

Last edited:
Autobacs Garaiya '03

What do you think happens a GT300 car after spending one too many days locked up in an asylum? Well, this happens. What it lacks in grip or sanity, it makes up for in agility and fun.

The Tune
Aerodynamics: 35/45
Power Limiter: 94.4%

Transmission- process as follows
1)Set to 112
2)Set Final Gear to 2.500
1st=3.610
2nd=2.660
3rd=2.130
4th=1.770
5th=1.500
6th=1.297
Should display an indicated top speed of 184 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 30
Braking: 10

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.5/1.5
Toe Angle: -0.05/-0.05
Spring Rate: 12.8/13.8
Dampers (Extension): 8/8
Dampers (Compression): 8/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/6

Brakes
5/6

The car has 518 PP, weighs 1125Kg with a 52/48 front/rear weight distribution, has 300HP and produces 320ft-lb torque@4900 rpm with a 8000+ rpm redline.

- Feel free to get rid of the power limiter, it's only there for competition reasons, the car can handle quite a bit more than that, you'll find.

Last edited:
Well well, look who's got all fired up all of a sudden... A lot of new cars for people to try out? Nice job, Onboy. 👍 At least the garage can get some much needed noise...

Well well, look who's got all fired up all of a sudden... A lot of new cars for people to try out? Nice job, Onboy. 👍 At least the garage can get some much needed noise...

Not really, I just needed to get it off my chest before I attack some books for my exams.

But you do have your job to do, so go do it. ;)

Aight, it's time for another review!

A storm of blue can kill you: Honda Raybrig NSX by Onboy

Ah, a Super GT car, one of my fave competitions in the world. This bad boy is the "Blue Storm", Onboy's answer to a question: How do you make a race car better?

In Onboy's mind, you just add more powah, and refine the handling.This car was made for a shootout, so power is limited to 500 hp, in order to comply with the GT500 rules. Mind you, when the power is limited,the rest of the car needs to adress that issue by being good enough to compensate the limitations. And the Blue Storm, when respected, can be quite the rewarding drive. WHEN RESPECTED, make sure to highlight that. When you don't comply, you're off the course. Or onto the walls, if you're racing in a city course. But when you do it well, the NSX can keep up with the best and look good while doing it. Grip is what you expect from a properly set race car, plenty of it, except when you overdo the throttle on low speed corners. Speed is normal GT500 level, so not much to see here. Mind you, I drove WITH the limiter, so remember to take it off, if you want to push it to the max. A very good NSX race car, and one that you can use to win races. If you want a GT300 version, there is another car...

(Of course, you have to wait to see! :sly:)

Aight, it's time for another review!

A storm of blue can kill you: Honda Raybrig NSX by Onboy

Back in business on your end, are we? :P Yea, it's basically a Raybrig NSX with a little more go and a little more grip and minus a little bit of sanity. It seems to be one of two things, a murderer in a newbs hands or a fun ride in a better driver's, I just need to decide which side the majority is on.

Back in business on your end, are we? :P Yea, it's basically a Raybrig NSX with a little more go and a little more grip and minus a little bit of sanity. It seems to be one of two things, a murderer in a newbs hands or a fun ride in a better driver's, I just need to decide which side the majority is on.

I'd stick right in the middle of both sides... I'm not a newbie, but sometimes I fail at racing... There were a few times when I tasted the grass of the Suzuka circuit.:dopey:

I'd stick right in the middle of both sides... I'm not a newbie, but sometimes I fail at racing... There were a few times when I tasted the grass of the Suzuka circuit.:dopey:

Well, it's Suzuka, the track is fairly narrow, so it's sort of expected to have a few run offs. :lol:

After a bit of a break from GT5. The latest seasonal has re-charged my batteries and got me back to tuning. I have a Focus ST170 and copen on share for anyone to try out. the Focus can win all of them at 400pp and the little Copen isn't very fast so keep it away from Daytona but 'boy does it corner well in the other events. Enjoy -AC

Back