Master List of Cars With Incorrect Specifications

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 211 comments
The Infinity FX45 has incorrect specs too! It is way too light.
The cars description in game gives a good weight of about 2000 kg.
However, if you leave the desciption and look at the figures, you see that it is 1500 kg left!? So the car is way (!) too light.

Just throwing it out there, the 1971 Lotus Europa Special is actually a 1974, due to body style, and the year count of "World Champion Car Constructors" awards badged just behind the door on either side of the car. In 1971, the car was not called a "Special", it was called an S1 and was powered by a Renault engine, rather than the "Big Valve" twin-cam Lotus engine which powers it in game, and is correct for the 1974 year. It may not matter to most, but for the owners of the cars, (me included) it is important to the cars history.

Last edited:
Check out the LP 640 Murciélago description. You'll find out there's a new Lambo called the LP 460. A tiny error, but an error, nonetheless.

Toronado,

The VW Beetle now shows correct weight in the garage, when you select it. It remains wrong in the old thumbnails and car dealership tho.

BUT, it is correct. The car gained around 50PP when fully tuned, and its a lot better.

So where does one post about a car that is/is labeled AWD, but is FR?

(Standard) Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo 1983

It is labeled in game as a FR, while in the description it clearly states that EX designates it as being a FR. I specifically bought this because of that, desc says EX = awd, bought for awd...

Just to realize it is classified as a FR, and it does not perform properly.

Someone referred me to this page to add it here, although I personally think my original post was more appropriate.

Not really a problem with the car, but the description for the Jaguar E-type says it had a rated top speed as 130mph, whereas it was actually capable of about 149mph(not quite 150mph in standard trim).

Also the Toyota 2000GT is slightly misleading in suggesting it was the fastest car in the world in 1969 with a top speed of 137mph. This probably refers to it's hugely impressive 72 hour endurance record! but the E type was faster, and earlier. And by 1969 some other cars were faster too.

I'm realizing that muscle cars in GT5 are riddled with errors. Here are some:

Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63: incorrectly simulated automatic transmission
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C1) '54: incorrectly simulated automatic transmission
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71: wrong transmission values (2.20, 1.64, 1.27, 1.00 instead of 2.66, 1.91, 1.39, 1.00)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71: wrong transmission values (2.20, 1.64, 1.27, 1.00 instead of 2.32, 1.69, 1.29, 1.0)
Dodge Challenger R/T '70: wrong transmission values (2.20, 1.64, 1.27, 1.00 instead of 2.66, 1.91, 1.39, 1.0)
Ford Shelby Mustang GT350R: missing 39 hp (should be 360 hp, 321 hp maximum in-game)

I'm realizing that muscle cars in GT5 are riddled with errors. Here are some:

Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63: incorrectly simulated automatic transmission
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C1) '54: incorrectly simulated automatic transmission
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71: wrong transmission values (2.20, 1.64, 1.27, 1.00 instead of 2.66, 1.91, 1.39, 1.00)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71: wrong transmission values (2.20, 1.64, 1.27, 1.00 instead of 2.32, 1.69, 1.29, 1.0)
Dodge Challenger R/T '70: wrong transmission values (2.20, 1.64, 1.27, 1.00 instead of 2.66, 1.91, 1.39, 1.0)
Ford Shelby Mustang GT350R: missing 39 hp (should be 360 hp, 321 hp maximum in-game)

Yeah, I think that there must be more cars with incorrect automatic transmissions.

Wow. Remember back in the day we all thought PD were a bunch of perfectionists? Myth busted. I think they should hire all of us as fact checkers. I can't believe that these sometimes extreme mistakes (like the weight of the FX45 and Volvo GL Estate) have not been fixed. This game needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. I wonder if Forza has their stuff together any better?

What's worrying is that even recently added Premium cars have had errors.
However, there are several that most probably will never get their specs corrected, at least in GT5.

Last edited:
SHIRAKAWA Akira
What worrying is that even recently added Premium cars have had errors.
However, there are several that most probably will never get their specs corrected, at least in GT5.

What is more worrying is that th new stuff was immediately fixed....and the Lister Storm has been 300 kilo overweight for 3 games.

I'm currently looking into the stuff that has been posted in this thread in the interim, but while I'm looking I was wondering if I could get some help with something. There are probably only a handful of cars in the game that have automatics but have them modeled correctly, and I was thinking that could be the next main "idea" that I work on putting into the OP. This would be a huge undertaking because the sheer amount of cars in the game where it is done wrong (almost certainly well into the hundreds), so that's something I would like some help with.

Thanks, and thanks for still bringing stuff up even as I wasn't watching this thread.

Car: 2003 Chevrolet SSR

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 2248kg
Power: 290 HP
Torque: 325 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 2164kg
Power: 290 HP
Torque: 325 lb.ft.

Linky.

Last edited:
Might very well be true. Though the gearbox ratio in GT5 is still correct, accoding to my sources. :).

The numbers are correct yes.
However, there has been a mix-up with the final ratio.
The GT5 McLaren F1 has a theoretical top speed of 491 kph instead of 391 kph.
The gaps are correct but the final drive is way off.

McLaren F1 real world top speed 371 kph. (claimed)
McLaren F1 world record edition 391 kph (without cats and with raised rev limit)
McLaren F1 GT5 350 kph'ish (can't pull 6th gear)

The standard car with cats and a 7500 rpm limit should do these speeds:

1st: 105kph (112kph)
2nd: 155kph (165kph)
3rd: 190kph (202kph)
4th: 240kph (256kph)
5th: 290kph (309 kph)
6th: 371kph (395kph)

The numbers in red are the speeds for 8000 rpm limit like the one in the game.
I'll update later with gear ratios if wanted.

These cars have autos/DSGs, but responds to clutch input.

Alfa Romeo
8C Competizione '08

Audi
R8 4.2 FSI R-Tronic '07
R8 5.2 V10 FSI Quattro '09

Chrysler
300C '05

Dodge
Challenger SRT8 '08

Ferrari
Enzo '02
F430 '06
458 Italia '09

Ford
Mustang GT Premium '07

Lamborghini
Aventador LP700/4 '11
Gallardo LP560-4 '08
Murciélago LP640 '09

Lexus
LFA '10

McLaren
MP4-12C '10

Mercedes-Benz
C63 AMG '08

There should be a lot more.

Re: the McLaren F1, when the car did its top speed run the rev limiter was removed which allowed another 500rpm (if memory serves) but the driver added that the Big Mac had enough left over to pull another gear if it was fitted, the GT5 version simply cannot pull its final gear at all and actually slows down when you change up.

Iam surprised mclaren weren't immediately on the phone to Sony/PD about it, the performance isn't just a little off its miles away. The fact that the car needs a massive power boost to actually match its real life performance is somewhat concerning.

Re: the Lister Storm, the car has been massively overweight since it first entered the series a decade ago doesn't look like PD have any intention of doing any quality control on that one, would be great if someone with a twitter account could ask Kaz about it.

Car: 1992 Ferrari F40

GT5 Specifications
final drive: 2.9

Real Life Specifications
final drive: 3.62
link
lots of f40 tests...

Car: 2000 Fiat Coupe Turbo plus

GT5 Specifications
gears: 5

Real Life Specifications
gears: 6
link

f3e2a73557.jpg

In the F40 technical picture^ it shows F40 as weighing either 1254kg or 1430kg (can't read German but thats way off 1100kg what some people are saying.)

Also the Mitsubishi AIRTEK Turbo is listed as 4WD drive but drives as FF car!

May I point out another wrong car :-

Ford Mark IV race car '67

In the game it is painted Red.

This car in '67 was only ever raced in yellow.

After their final race '1967 24 Hours of Le Mans' where they got 1 2 3 finish only then were they painted red, some of them even went to museums but these were all painted red too.

I think we should be allowed the choice to select the paint we want like most other cars, or at least give the the choice to paint it ourselves.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=844

Shelby G.T. 350R 65'.

The R denotes a race-prepared Shelby GT350, complete with new wheels and a retuned engine pumping out 325-360BHP. The version in GT5 more accurately represents a street version denoted as the G.T. 350, without the R.

http://www.mustangspecs.com/years/65shelby.shtml

It would depend on exactly what was sitting under the hood (the specs are pretty correct for a street GT350, but the number you have is a bit off for a GT350R), but I've had so many people argue with me over power figures of the old muscle cars that I gave up so I'm not giving out whatever exact numbers I may or may not know. My source is probably an anonymous guy I know who used to work for Shelby as an engineer or a dyno sheet from a car someone in my family had, and yet someone will sit here and tell me my information is wrong because an internet site said so. Now I don't bother trying, but I could scrounge up a story or two in my memory that could possibly point you in the right direction (for the Shelby GT350, anything else just PM me).👍

Let's get one thing straight: Carroll Shelby was not some big wig guy in a suit on the board of directors, he was a hometown hot rod builder. Regardless of my opinion of some of his business decisions (having nothing to do with the GT350) the man had a talent for turning horsepower into cash. Quick story (I'll try, I could write a book about this!) of the GT350! Ford's 427 big-block was a wild animal turned loose: it won NASCAR in '63 (1-2-3-4-5 finish at the Daytona 500 set the pace for the rest of the season) and the NHRA Super Stock title in '64 (I'm sorry Mopar guys, it's hard to hear you over the Thunder!👍). This same engine was available with a (try not to laugh) "410hp" or with 2 carbs they said "425hp" was all it had (as long as you add 50 or so). Pontiac dropped the 421 Super Duty in '63 for the GTO with a 389, leaving the 427 as the king in '64 and let's just say people had heard of its exploits by now (you don't nearly sweep NASCAR unnoticed). Below the 427 in the Galaxie was still the venerable 390 (later achieved fame in Bullitt) with its 330hp and 425ft-lbs, not exactly a slouch. Now Ford is set to release the Mustang with a 271hp 289 as the top motor, and it has to sit in the same showroom as the 427. During this time, Carroll Shelby had been using his 260/289-powered Cobra to bend Zora Arkus-Duntov over on pretty much every track in the country and after the '63 Sebring 12 hour race Enzo Ferrari knew he was next on the list. This California driver turned hot rod builder was using the same small-block 4.7L V8 to do better than just a couple wins; he made Duntov his b**** and Ferrari, who laughed at Ford after their buyout attempt fell through and they announced a Le Mans racing project, was now running scared from a some guy from California with a car he built in a garage with some friends. It didn't take long for Ford to figure clearly Shelby was the guy to build a high-performance Mustang, and the result was the GT350.

The street GT350 made roughly 300-310hjp, this has been documented and proven on a dyno more than once (there was even one done in a magazine where they built replicas of both the K-code and Shelby motors, Mustang Monthly I think it was). The car was stripped, suspension reworked, brakes improved, and a lot of lightweight parts cut about 300lbs or so off the standard Mustang 289 4-speed car. A GT350 should come in somewhere at 2800lbs or thereabouts, it wasn't just max power than increased but the rev range got stuffed up top harder so once you got that Shelby 289 north of 4000rpm it hit harder than the 306hp sounds like. The specs in GT5 are all for a street GT350, I did replicate some GT350R specs as close as possible on one of my own and it's a hot little machine to drive! The R was pure racing machine with significantly enhanced performance over the street version, they were stripped of their backseat and the GT350 was homologated with the SCCA as a separate model that is now a 2-seater sports car. Duntov's favorite headache was back, now with full factory backing and a fleet of racing vehicles to chase him across the country with! Less than 40 fastback GT350R models were built, all were homologated as sports cars in the SCCA (not including some "Ford" notchbacks that went into Trans Am sedan racing, not too many people could race-prep a fleet of Mustangs for the '66 racing season so there were more Shelby Mustang raced as Fords).

The real deal, 2-seater, SCCA B/Production, Corvette-stomping GT350R was built under interesting circumstances (the detective types will probably see where this going in a minute) and these were probably the busiest years of Shelby's life. He was highly modifying the Mustang, turning his new version into a racing vehicle that had to beat the Corvette, the Corvette went from a 327 to a 350 leaving the 289 an entire liter of displacement down, he was still racing his 289 Cobras, and he was currently working on getting an FIA-legal Cobra ready in order to sock it to Ferrari on their own turf! In the next few years he would continue beating up the Corvette, his Cobra would fail FIA homologation, the new big-block 427 Cobra would be a total flop that nearly ruined him, he popped out the GT500, he was selected to help redesign what Ford considered their most important racing project, and he finally handed defeat to Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans with the GT40 he had been helping with. He had pulled his 289 Cobras out of their class when the new GT350 came about, this was about promoting the Mustang it was largely left to to others while Shelby focused on new horizons. Like I said, the detective types probably read that and know where I'm going with this.

What I know of the engine itself is it was radically different from the street 289, when Shelby said "competition use only" that had nothing to do with the car being too fast, it meant this car is not designed to drive on a public road. The interior went from stripped to gutted, most (if not all) were fitted with a one-piece fiberglass front end, the suspension and brakes were improved to racing specs, a quick-detach gas cap, lightweight wheels, most any body panel or piece went to aluminum if not fiberglass, they were meant for racing and built for just that. All said and done, 2600lbs would be about right and I've heard a few different people say between 2500 and 2600. The engine consisted supposedly new internals, a bigger carburetor, an engine oil cooler, and a few other bits and pieces like intake and headers I'd say it's safe to assume since it was intended for racing. The heads and cam are what made this motor; the two ways to make power are more displacement and more revs so with less displacement that little Ford would scream like a Honda Type R motor! The cam was pure racing design and hot as hell, the car was pretty much useless below 4000-4500rpm, once past that it was breathing fire up 8000! The heads were a custom Shelby design from what I understand, static compression in the realm of 13.0 to 13.5 so not even leaded pump gas would stand up in there.

I included all of the above history lesson for good reason. Shelby was busy and I mentioned him being a hot rod guy at heart because he went about cars the same way a shadetree mechanic does. He wasn't a factory engineer that always wants to design something new from the ground up. You can put 2 and 2 together to figure out what I'm getting at here, from there it's clear 325-360hjp is incorrect (street car is 310-ish, pretty easy to find the direction you need to go:tup:). I'll say this as a last hint: there was a certain incident in Britain that is related to how incorrect 325-360 is:sly:.

Last edited:
Fantastic post, Enzo Guy. I have to say, I agree. The figures quoted were just an illustration to evidence that the GT5 version is not a GT350R. I did some research on the subject myself, and there isn't any solid figure on the actual specs of the R version.

Just a few thoughts/queries if you guys don't mind. This post may not be useful for the list.

1) Is it weird that the road Audi R8 V10 has as much downforce as a Viper ACR and thus much more than its 'twin', the LP560-4?
I also cannot find exact lift/downforce figures for the Lambo.

2) In game, the LP560-4 tops out at around 316 KPH (drag/power limited) while the manufacturer quotes 325 KPH.
When I compared the final-drive ratio with R&T's data panel, PD set it to one of the axles. (I believe it was to the 'shorter' 4.62:1 front axle.)

When I set it to somewhere in between front and rear (based on R&T's wheel speed to rpm estimate), it easily reaches 335 KPH.

The GT5 version fuel cutout is set to 8500 rpm while R&T's German-spec car was set to 8300 rpm and was electronically limited to 325 KPH at 7900 rpm.
Subsequent data panels of the US-spec Balboni and Superleggera then have them redline limited at 8250 rpm to around 321 and 320 KPH respectively. I think the overall gearing of all Gallardos should be the same. (Yes, I know I should confirm this with other sources.)

Personally, I try to tune towards the more 'optimistically' quoted top speeds.

3) Apart from gear/final-drive ratios, is the tyre's overall diameter taken into account when converting rpm to wheel speed?
Maybe PD got some diameters wrong when it appears that the ratios are correct.

4) About the improper clutch usage allowance/specification, if PD can find a way to properly simulate automated clutches and torque converters while still allowing you to switch to fully manual mid-race (if you get bored or something), it would be fun. Granted it won't be realistic but players can choose to stick with the correct method.

5) I cannot remember but does the IS-F downshift blip in game? (It should in reality. The SL55 AMG on the other hand does not blip in reality.) Maybe PD gave other torque converter cars the automated single clutch setup as they could not find a way to convincingly blip on downshifts.
(I doubt the 307 CC or (premium) Mustang GT blips though, neither does the Chrysler/Dodge 5-speed. So either way PD messed up....)

6) Do you guys consider the 5/20/10 front differential settings on the (premium) road-going Audis and 4WD non-SV Lambos to be an incorrect specification? These vehicles use variations of VW-group's brake-based EDL. The really odd part is that the rear diffs of the TTs and RS6 are set to 0/0/0.

I do have another one that I was like to add..

The Caterham is nothing like an actual Caterham.

This being one of my favorite cars it disappoints me so much.
With a power to weight ratio better than a Veyron and being over 600pp you would expect to be able to race against pretty much anything but oh hang on a min, is that a, yes it is, its a Fiat Panda passing me (maybe a slight over exaggeration).

Feels like it has clutch slip or something, even racing manual. I dont think the engine revs freely enough and its just all wrong. Come on PD this is one of the greats, race or just a track day car it has always been one of the best and most fun cars you can drive.. Imposable to handle and takes a genius to tune (took me 3 weeks but I got there)..

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back