Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments
I'm gonna take a few days break - also hoping CSL posts his replay so I can see how to go faster :)

Awww, I was looking forward to seeing you break into the 36s with my car, and you seemed to be enjoying yourself too. :D But yea, take a break and then on the 30th, just before the deadline, attack Fuji with no mercy! :lol:

By my recollection, yes. Even though I have Stage 3 Engine on 1, and not the other, I remember them sounding the same. BEEFY AS ####
Sounds good, I'm always in the modd for an awesome sounding Viper.:)

I'm gonna take a few days break - also hoping CSL posts his replay so I can see how to go faster :)
I'm gettin there, probably tomorrow I'll have it up.

I'll also have the rest of the GT300 results up tomorrow, and since I'm able to get online again, there is still hope of testing the GT500's after all.

Awww, I was looking forward to seeing you break into the 36s with my car, and you seemed to be enjoying yourself too. :D But yea, take a break and then on the 30th, just before the deadline, attack Fuji with no mercy! :lol:

I'll have yours under 36 without a problem - I'll be aiming for a 36.5 though. I've just hit an over-saturation wall with Fuji. I just need to get away from it for a bit. When I return, Fuji will bleed :mad:

CSL anytime before the deadline is fine. :D

Edit: Hadn't seen you updated your GT300 results CSL, SWEET time you got in my car (ugabugaz - '08 Subaru: 1:43.478).

Last edited:
Sorry, that's a typo. I was in a rush when I added those, straightening it out now.

Probably going to re-run the first 4-6 cars by the way, just to check for any time left. I expect between 3-5 I'll stop improving previous times.

Last edited:
Ok CSL, now from driving my car, did you use a wheel to test? For me wit the controller it doesn't under-steer so do you think it is getting that because it was tuned with ds3? The GT300 I mean

Sorry, that's a typo. I was in a rush when I added those, straightening it out now.

Probably going to re-run the first 4-6 cars by the way, just to check for any time left. I expect between 3-5 I'll stop improving previous times.

Argh, You made me such a happy boy for a little while there. Damn you!

Anyway, I'll take that feedback of yours into consideration and revise the torque split.

Ok CSL, now from driving my car, did you use a wheel to test? For me wit the controller it doesn't under-steer so do you think it is getting that because it was tuned with ds3? The GT300 I mean

Slacker only ever drives with a wheel. :P Also, smooth move on that last corner mate, backwards into the guardrail. :lol:

Slacker only ever drives with a wheel. :P Also, smooth move on that last corner mate, backwards into the guardrail. :lol:

LOLOL I had no tires man so I tried to drift it around the last corner but it spun so I hit reverse to get out of the way.

I can't mess with the settings because the car is still online for testing so I was running at 300hp

LOLOL I had no tires man so I tried to drift it around the last corner but it spun so I hit reverse to get out of the way.

I can't mess with the settings because the car is still online for testing so I was running at 300hp

I guessed that, I wasn't doing too well either to be honest. :lol: You were far enough to have avoided contact at that point…I think. Good racing though.

300hp? You got that far with so little power? I'm embarrassed now! :lol: I think you mean 500hp…right? And you can change the settings, it wouldn't affect the shared car as long as it stays shared.

Yeah, me with the DS3 anymore is pretty ugly and difficult to watch. :lol: That time has passed, I believe.

GT500 testing has commenced, with a surprising start. :)

Adrenaline - '03 Takata NSX: 1:35.372
A little over-steery entering corners with trail-braking, something this car likes to do, probably .15-.2 quicker than Geebaby's PraianoTakata overall, very nice.

GeeBaby/Praiano - '03 Takata NSX: 1:35.405
I was complaining of under-steer and overly-long gearing, then a first lap of 36.1 came up, followed by this lap. Complaints or not, that's a hell of a time to kick off with. Something's clearly working for it.👍

CSLACR - '08 Calsonic GTR: 1:35.558
Didn't think the GTR would make it this quick, it helped that it was much easier to control than the NSX's on the raggedy edge.

ugabugaz - '03 Takata NSX: 1:35.710
Actually pretty good overall, the lsd made it a TCS car, but easily manageable. With some extra camber and a bit higher ride height this might be a 35.410.

MotorCityHami - '03 Takata NSX: 1:35.913
Just a little too sensitive, lots of trail brake over-steer made it difficult to get the last sector of the track right, just not on the level of the top two Takata's.

Onboy123 - '06 Raybrig NSX: 1:36.516
The looser a car is, the looser the lsd needs to be, and with how loose this is, the 10/20 turns into psychotic. :scared:
5/7 BB changed what felt like a good entry setup into small drifts easily, otherwise this might have cracked 35's.

TrackRipper/Ziz528 - '00 Castrol Supra: 1:36.942
Lots of under-steer, but the lsd is at a nice spot to dance it's way through the under-steer and into tcs mode.(throttle controlled steering :D )
Gears are absolutely perfect, only using second once or twice a lap.

MrGrado - '00 Nomad Diablo: 1:37.559
Difficult to get a fast lap in, under-steer increased steering angle while cornering, then the outside wheel loses grip due to what I'm guessing are aggressive LSD settings, if you're turning and trying to accelerate at all, the whole car goes into a slow-motion drift. Gearing kind of felt like it could be a stock Diablo's, so I loved that.

krenkme - '00 Nomad Diablo: 1:37.769
Not bad, could use a longer second gear, snap over-steer isn't hard to come by, particularly on exit. Make it more like your GT300 entry. :)

XDesperado67 - '00 Nomad Diablo: 1:38.512
Another good tune masked by the lower down force, I suspected it might turn the best Diablo laps at full down force, so I popped it up to 35/60 and churned out a 36.802 in 3-4 laps. Maybe you should tune all your race cars with low down force Desperado, I threw full df on the Garaiya after this and popped out a 43.8 with .5 on the track.

1. Adrenaline
2. Ugabugaz
3. Desperado
4. Geebaby/Praiano
5. krenkme

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you're getting so much understeer with my Cusco. It happily drifts corners so I'm a bit confused.

jackripper123 - CUSCO '03 - 1:45.325

Another easy-to-drive 4WD, but with less understeer! I think for a track like this with fast corners and tight hairpins, understeer is a real killer, so good work on minimizing that. Still easy to step on the gas though. 2nd fastest laptime so far, with nice consistent mid 45's. Great tune! (And maybe a bit of the '03 standard advantage...? Hmm )
Hey, the '03 Subaru isn't 4WD, fyi.
The 04 and 06 RX7's are comparably fast to all the 03's. '08 Garaiya is a bit slow for heavy weight.

Jackripper?

Partial results for my GT300 testing.

I seem to see a pattern here... a heck of a lot of '03 standards are troll cars?? Is this a known 'feature' of GT5 or am I wrong?
Hope you at least had fun driving my "Little Red Wagon".:embarrassed:
I was aiming to make it handle and feel more like the miniature LMP it looks like and less like the slotcar most of these feel like.
Reading everyone's reviews it looks like I need to spend a lot more time on cars like this working on getting the same sort of feel out of them while using a lot more downforce.
Probably just my lousy driving and time I did spend with the two cars while tuning them but I really did get faster times out of them this way than with higher downforce.:crazy:
Anyways thanks again for the tests and reviews even if the tunes were a bit odd to drive.👍👍:lol:

Oh it's not? :dunce: I had assumed he put all the power in the back, but I forgot to look at the tune.

Sorry Roj, I'm planning to finish the runs tomorrow, I'll try to give yours another go then, though I'm not much of a drifter. :dunce::scared:

Hope you at least had fun driving my "Little Red Wagon".:embarrassed:
I was aiming to make it handle and feel more like the miniature LMP it looks like and less like the slotcar most of these feel like.
Reading everyone's reviews it looks like I need to spend a lot more time on cars like this working on getting the same sort of feel out of them while using a lot more downforce.
Probably just my lousy driving and time I did spend with the two cars while tuning them but I really did get faster times out of them this way than with higher downforce.:crazy:
Anyways thanks again for the tests and reviews even if the tunes were a bit odd to drive.👍👍:lol:
I very much liked your car, still one of my favorites. You accomplished your goal, just not with the speed you were expecting.
It's the Diablo I'm worried about, I tried it and have to save it for last, I'll need to learn all new braking points, corner speeds, etc. :scared:

RESULTS

jackripper123 - CUSCO '03 - 1:45.325

Another easy-to-drive 4WD, but with less understeer! I think for a track like this with fast corners and tight hairpins, understeer is a real killer, so good work on minimizing that. Still easy to step on the gas though. 2nd fastest laptime so far, with nice consistent mid 45's. Great tune! (And maybe a bit of the '03 standard advantage...? Hmm :odd:)

Trackripper :P

Thanks for the feedback 👍 I have to admit, when initially tuning it, I thought it was 4WD too... as have so many others, but it isn't! I tried to dial out the understeer as much as I could on the tune while keeping the back end in check, and by the sounds of it, succeeded. Which is rare. :lol:

Here's the replay you asked for, ugabugaz.👍

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL001.zip
    296.1 KB · Views: 11
I very much liked your car, still one of my favorites. You accomplished your goal, just not with the speed you were expecting.
It's the Diablo I'm worried about, I tried it and have to save it for last, I'll need to learn all new braking points, corner speeds, etc. :scared:
Well if nothing else I've managed to create tunes that are forcing our resident alien to work a bit on his driving and not just blow us all away without breaking a sweat!:crazy::lol:

Here's the replay you asked for, ugabugaz.👍

Thanks buddy, I'll probably watch that tomorrow-ish.

I see you're testing GT500 as well, I think you'll find my GT500 entry quite a bit more "playful" than my GT300 effort. It seems not to be the quickest of the lot so far, at least in my hands, but my hands are slow so, forget my hands.

Edit: CSL uploaded the wrong replay, That's a Celica replay. Thought I'd let people know - Already alerted
CSL.

Edit 2: Watched Celica replay, Your lines seem pretty much spot on like mine, although a fair bit smoother. You seem to do the first and last corners differently than me though that might just be because it's GT300.

Last edited:
I returned to fighting games recently. I'll be back to half fighting games and half GT5 again. I'm going to aim to finish testing today so I can hit training mode in Skullgirls again. I have resets to learn~

Thanks buddy, I'll probably watch that tomorrow-ish.

I see you're testing GT500 as well, I think you'll find my GT500 entry quite a bit more "playful" than my GT300 effort. It seems not to be the quickest of the lot so far, at least in my hands, but my hands are slow so, forget my hands.

Edit: CSL uploaded the wrong replay, That's a Celica replay. Thought I'd let people know - Already alerted
CSL.

Edit 2: Watched Celica replay, Your lines seem pretty much spot on like mine, although a fair bit smoother. You seem to do the first and last corners differently than me though that might just be because it's GT300.
I told you your lines were good though. ;)

Sorry for the mix up, I'll add the other lap shortly.👍

Back