Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments
1:35.058
I'll get a 34, just not this time. :irked:

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL001.zip
    277.9 KB · Views: 8
TrackRipper/Ziz528 - '00 Castrol Supra: 1:36.942
Lots of under-steer, but the lsd is at a nice spot to dance it's way through the under-steer and into tcs mode.(throttle controlled steering :D )
Gears are absolutely perfect, only using second once or twice a lap.

Nice to see you drove it the way it was meant to be driven. 👍 :lol:
Truth be told I didn't have time to dial out the understeer, so I just slapped in some LSD settings that would have a little on-throttle oversteer on corner exits and negate that. :D Thanks for the feedback :)

Thanks for the feedback on the cars CSL. I don't know how you do it but wow. I wish I could sit all day and just pick your brain about tuning lolol.

I am on a mission to find that sweet spot between DS3 and wheel now.
Thanks again

1:35.058
I'll get a 34, just not this time. :irked:

Thank you very much CSL, I'll get started either today or tomorrow.

ugabugaz - '03 Takata NSX:
Where did you go?

Well..That's a complicated one :dopey:
I'll have the car online for you very soon.

Edit: Takata is shared.

Last edited:
I decided to redo all of my GT300 tests since they were previously done when I was still getting familiar with the course and I didn't have everyone added yet. I tried to cut down the amount of cars I tested, but that didn't work too well because the GT300 category is so fun. My GT500 list will probably be smaller due to impatience.

GT300

Onboy123 - '03 ARTA Garaiya: 1:45.384
My first impression was that this car wanted to kill me. My next impression was quite the opposite. I loved this car on my second time driving it. I tamed it and managed to post a lap time over a second and a half faster than the previous test. Fun car, but it's not the fastest. It has at least three cars outshining it in lap times, unfortunately. Despite that, it goes to show that even the most basic tuning knowledge in the hands of a great driver can create a solid, competent car.

VTiRoj - '08 Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza: 1:45.679
My second impression is the same as the first with this car. It's an interesting thing to drive and I couldn't necessarily optimize the lap times with it because I had too much fun abusing it's severe oversteer when braking. Reminded me a lot of an Evo on that really good crack I call AYC. Despite such a great cornering ability, the 4WD ultimately prevents it from escaping the clutches of some of it's competitors in the straights.

krenkme - '06 Amemiya AsparaDrink RX-7: 1:44.916
I didn't know what to expect at first. Well... I did expect a heck of a cornering machine, but I didn't expect something so badly neutered to have the fastest straight line acceleration and speed in this category. It's a very stable car and has a fantastic cornering ability. For a while, I believed that this was going to be the undisputed winner of the GT300 category. Unfortunately for RE Amemiya and krenkme, someone with phenomenal driving skills and tuning knowledge to match was competing in this shootout.

CSLACR - '03 Weds Sport Celica: 1:44.427
Speak of the devil, this car was mind blowing. Honestly, CSLACR makes me so jealous because on top of being a much better driver than me, he knows how to tune. That's a dangerous combination and the gap between this Celica and krenkme's RX-7 in the lap times tells exactly why. The car is stable, fast, and overall impressive. Why do you taunt me so?! :mad: Fake rage aside, great job CSLACR! :D

TrackRipper - '03 Cusco Advan Subaru Impreza: 1:45.872
This car loves late braking. I love late braking. We go so well together. We should get married. If it weren't for this car's weakness of a light understeer, it could very well compete with the top lap time posters. Still a satisfying drive though.

GeeBaby/Praiano - '03 Weds Sport Celica: 1:45.184
I laughed at first. Really, I did. Laughing was the stupidest thing I could have done to this car. The Celica took my first impression and did this to it. At the time, I didn't think krenkme's RX-7 had competition in this category. Lo and behold, this Celica proved me wrong. It's a monster of a cornering machine, highly stable, and decently fast. The RX-7 only got away because it could match this Celica's cornering ability and still be faster in the straights. Overall, this is a good tune for a car with astounding potential, which was further unlocked by CSLACR, who finally dethroned krenkme's RX-7.

XDesperado67 - '03 ARTA Garaiya: 1:45.994
Okay, this car definitely felt more Garaiya'ish. Try to throttle out of the corner even a little too much and it's going to stab you in the eye. Despite that, it was this very habit that made me enjoy driving the car so much. This car has potential. I'd say keep at it, or...maybe not. Keep it the way it is. This is fun to play with.

MrGrado - '08 Weds Sport IS350: 1:47.793
This car makes me want to cry. I like how it handles and I enjoy driving it, but there's one humongous flaw in the car that keeps me from posting a higher lap time with it. It's slow. It could just be a problem in the power band, it could be the gear ratios, or maybe the car is mourning it's recently deceased pet. Whatever it is, this car cannot keep up with the competition to save it's life and I have no idea why. I really want it to be fast though because I loved driving it... Screw it, I'm gonna go cry now. :( UPDATE: It's the power band. This car was neutered like krenkme's RX-7. It's sitting on 414 ft-lb of torque, but that torque comes out in the low-mid RPM range. I don't even think krenkme's gearing could help it. How unfortunate...

I couldn't test the last two tunes, unfortunately. I have no info to submit of them and that's not a very good thing for me to exclude tunes like that. I'm very sorry. My top 5 out of the ones I did test are as follows.

1. CSLACR
2. Krenkme
3. Geebaby/Praiano
4. Onboy123
5. VTiRoj

GT500

I'm dropping out of this at the last minute. I feel god awful for not keeping anyone posted on my situation in real life that has kept me from carrying on my testing. I knew I shouldn't have entered the shootout as a tester, but I figured I would try it anyways. I was very irresponsible and it's ultimately a guilty feeling. Once again, my apologies...

Last edited:
Looks like I won't be able to finish testing. My Slim is refusing to work, I think it's bit the dust. It might be a small issue or a very large one, either way I don't think I'll be able to know by the deadline end. Not a YLOD, but something similar :indiff:

It's most likely a thermal paste issue, meaning I'll have to replace it. I'll need a few days for the stuff to arrive so I most probably won't make the deadline.

Last edited:
Looks like I won't be able to finish testing. My Slim is refusing to work, I think it's bit the dust. It might be a small issue or a very large one, either way I don't think I'll be able to know by the deadline end. Not a YLOD, but something similar :indiff:

It's most likely a thermal paste issue, meaning I'll have to replace it. I'll need a few days for the stuff to arrive so I most probably won't make the deadline.
That sucks. :(

I see. That sucks man.

Yeah :(
It's my 3rd failed PS3 (Original 60GB -> Repaired 60 GB by SONY -> Refurb Slim from SONY for 2nd broken 60GB) so I'm kinda used to manufacturing mediocrity by now, it still sucks though. The reason why I got the Slim at all is cause I thought they should be slightly more reliable but nooo. I still think I might be able to fix it cause it runs, and then goes all insane after it heats up slightly. Here's hoping I'm right otherwise it's gonna be another $100+ to fix (replace)

Yeah :(
It's my 3rd failed PS3 (Original 60GB -> Repaired 60 GB by SONY -> Refurb Slim from SONY for 2nd broken 60GB) so I'm kinda used to manufacturing mediocrity by now, it still sucks though. The reason why I got the Slim at all is cause I thought they should be slightly more reliable but nooo. I still think I might be able to fix it cause it runs, and then goes all insane after it heats up slightly. Here's hoping I'm right otherwise it's gonna be another $100+ to fix (replace)
Corporate greed and planned obsolescence. You don't need to build something to last for twenty years especially if you want to sell the customers the latest greatest in 2-5 years.:drool:

Besides even if you lose a few customers because your poor QC from using substandard manufacturing facilities, there's plenty of other customers out there and that near slave wage labor means more profits for the guys at the top.:crazy:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now who'll do my Raybrig some justice? :( :( :( :(

Last edited:
Bugaz, you can't use one of those USB fans on it directed through the vents?

It's not overheating...I mean I can barely hear the fan, sometimes I wonder if it's even on. The PS3 sits in an AC Room (68-70 F). I have my PC in the same room and even with it having a mild overclock it idles at 25-30 C (77-86 F) - a very respectable temperature, so I highly doubt the PS3 is faring any worse. Looking around I've come to the conclusion that it's either one of three things..

1) Loose heatsink to chip mounting
2) Crappy thermal paste that needs replacing
3) Fried GPU (Graphics Card)

Once I replace the thermal paste I'll take out #1 and 2 so we'll see.

@Onboy - My duties as resident lover of your Raybrig are now confined with CSL - He posted a pretty sweet time in your car. Probably the time I would have posted, eh I would probably have been a tad slower.

ugabugaz - '03 Takata NSX: 1:35.710
Actually pretty good overall, the lsd made it a TCS car, but easily manageable. With some extra camber and a bit higher ride height this might be a 35.410.

I'll take your advice about ride height though I'll leave camber the same. I tend to be conservative when it comes to Camber in most of my race-car tunes. Also, do you mean Traction Control by TCS?

In any case I need to change some things and make my Takata faster.

@Onboy - My duties as resident lover of your Raybrig are now confined with CSL - He posted a pretty sweet time in your car. Probably the time I would have posted, eh I would probably have been a tad slower.

But he doesn't like it though, so that's the difference. :lol: Or rather, not doesn't like, just scared off by it. :P

Onboy123 - '06 Raybrig NSX: 1:36.516
The looser a car is, the looser the lsd needs to be, and with how loose this is, the 10/20 turns into psychotic. :scared:
5/7 BB changed what felt like a good entry setup into small drifts easily, otherwise this might have cracked 35's.

Eh, the difference between a wheel and a DS3, it seems. Though I'm not entirely sure about what you mean with that haiku-style first sentence. :lol:

As for the brakes, well, it's for a DS3 user (i.e simpleton), so it's definitely going to be that bit too strong for the precision of the wheel. Knowing how aggressive I am, that might have been a reason for the equally aggressive brakes.

Glad you survived though. Imma have to try harder next time, see how fast things have to be for me to kill you. :crazy: :lol:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back