Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments
The only haiku I can find is your
Username
Car
Laptime

Is that what you were referencing?

Actually, no. :lol:

But what I actually should have said I think is that I don't quite understand that first sentence. There, plain and simple.

But he doesn't like it though, so that's the difference. :lol: Or rather, not doesn't like, just scared off by it. :P

Eh, the difference between a wheel and a DS3, it seems. Though I'm not entirely sure about what you mean with that haiku-style first sentence. :lol:

As for the brakes, well, it's for a DS3 user (i.e simpleton), so it's definitely going to be that bit too strong for the precision of the wheel. Knowing how aggressive I am, that might have been a reason for the equally aggressive brakes.

Glad you survived though. Imma have to try harder next time, see how fast things have to be for me to kill you. :crazy: :lol:
10/20 is too stiff for the car. TCS works best on under-steering cars.

The brakes aren't too strong necessarily, its the rearward bias. Putting more power on the rears when they're already the first to lose grip. Much like the LSD putting power to the outside wheel when that's already sliding (being an over-steering car) it takes a small slide and immediately makes it bigger.
I couldn't tell you how many cars lost how many good laps breaking the rear loose just a bit too much exiting turn 5 for me over this shootout.:banghead:
It's a complete lap-killer, before you have time to react, the lap time is gone.

Ugabugaz - TCS is Throttle Controlled Steering.

Last edited:
Ugabugaz - TCS is Throttle Controlled Steering.

Ah I see. I think I may have a temporary solution to my PS3 problem - but I'll see if it works in a half hour or so. Put the PS3 underneath an A/C unit! So far it seems to be working so I MAY be able to finish testin' :)

Edit: Finished your car Onboy and my PS3 broke (Gotta let it cool again), couldn't save replay in time but at least I got your car in the 36's :)

Last edited:
Would everyone agree for a extended deadline to June 4th to the testers put their respective feedback? Or finishing it with the STC 2 would be bad?

Would everyone agree for a extended deadline to June 4th to the testers put their respective feedback? Or finishing it with the STC 2 would be bad?

I think you could extend it. Ending at the same time would be great for a lead into Harveys Shootout... sorry about the STC 2, it was bigger then I thought it would be :dopey:

I think you could extend it. Ending at the same time would be great for a lead into Harveys Shootout... sorry about the STC 2, it was bigger then I thought it would be :dopey:

No problem, it's a great little shootout.

Deadline for testers have been extended to JUNE 4TH! Nothing over that.

And here I put in a whole bunch of time today to finish up on time. :grumpy:

I kid. All good. Are there many testers still going? As for me it is down to a write up which will be in shortly.

Okay, dumb question (but look who's asking :dopey: ). Will the average times, as well as the total points be posted after the shootout?... Ya see I have a bet with, shell we say, a certain "boy", and I was just wondering were we stand :D

Okay, done finally! Results.

Sadly I think my driving was all over the place tonight... haven't really felt like playing since the last update when PD decided to experiment with the sound mix and ruin online racing. :indiff:

EDIT: Since the deadline was extended I will try to get in some faster times this weekend.👍

GT300 Results

Lap Times
CSLACR - 1'43.828"
GeeBaby - 1'44.901"
Jackthalad - 1'45.255"
Krenkme - 1'45.317"
Trackripper - 1'45.475"
Ugabugaz - 1'45.886"
XDesperado67 - 1'46.115"
VTiRoj - 1'46.126"
Onboy123 - 1'46.626"
MrGrado - 1'47.483"

Driver's Choice
CSLACR
Jackthalad
GeeBaby
Krenkme
VTiRoj

Summary
The spread is quite a bit further from top to bottom than I expected with the specs on the cars so close on a "simple" track such as Fuji. I found myself wanting sharper turn-in from most of the cars on the slower corners, mostly in to and off of the straight. In short, the RX-7s were models of stability, the Subarus were slower than I expected, the Garaiyas were tuned by axe murderers, the Celicas were almost unfair and the lone Lexus was a bit too much for me to handle.

Commentary
CSLACR - 1'43.828" - This isn't a car. This is a machine tuned to take an average Joe and turn him into a track hero. On my outlap with this I was already faster than what was my fastest at the time (GeeBaby's Celica). Stable, fast, it begs you to push and push and push...which you can do up to and past what you think is your limit.

GeeBaby - 1'44.901" - Quick car for sure. A bit bipolar though. Through the most of the track it had a slightly loose feel but in the first and last corners I couldn't get it to turn in as I wanted.

Jackthalad - 1'45.255" - No points to complain about here. Turns in well and never needed to worry about the rear wanting to be the front.

Krenkme - 1'45.317" - Nice stable car. I was able to keep my "foot" down nice and heavy even through the last sector. Would have liked some sharper turn-in, especially in turn 1.

Trackripper - 1'45.475" - Drove this after the other two Subarus and was surprised. Found some understeer in the middle sections but the nice hard brakes were able to make up some time once I got used to them.

Ugabugaz - 1'45.886" - A couple clicks slower at the line (all the Subarus were) but a stable drive throughout. Very consistent over all the laps.

XDesperado67 - 1'46.115" - Never spun a car at Fuji until I drove this; had a nice epic struggle. Of the two Garaiyas this is much less stable in most corners. I had a hard time breaking through 1'48" or even getting a clean lap for that matter. Came back to it at the end and was able to string together a good run.

VTiRoj - 1'46.126" - I was expecting this to be about half a second or more faster than it ended up, both of the premium Subbies really. I could never nail the left after 100R in this for some reason. Good everywhere else but that one turn gave me fits.

Onboy123 - 1'46.626" -The stable of the Garaiyas, though I use the term "loosely". :embarrassed: The last sector was a headache, particularly the last left. Hung my butt out on that turn nearly every time through. I think more than its "MR tendencies" the transmission was holding it back. Just didn't seem to accelerate as well as the other cars.

MrGrado - 1'47.483" - A bit too loose for me to get a good handle on it. With the goofy camber in the last sector I was sliding quite a lot, particularly if I clipped the rumbles. It was also a good several clicks slower at the line even if I got off the last corner well.

Last edited:
GT300 Results

Lap Times

GeeBaby - 1'43.589"
CSLACR - 1'43.816"
Krenkme - 1'45.017"
Ugabugaz - 1'45.342"
ziz528 - 1'45.403"
Onboy123 - 1'45.574"
crystalbuds - 1'45.596"
XDesperado67 - 1'46.126"
VTiRoj - 1'46.142"
MrGrado - 1'47.257"

Driver's Choice

GeeBaby
fast and great to drive.

Krenkme
very nice to drive.

XDesperado67
A bit strange to get a grasp of. A little squirrely sometimes. I didn't much like this the first time I drove it, but really enjoyed it the second time.

Onboy123
Nice tune.

CSLACR
Nice tune, I just don't like light tuned LSD, it's not the only tune with a light LSD, but this is the only thing I dont like on this tune.

complete results.

All the tunes were reasonably good, except mine, which I think is junk.

Last edited:
Good to know, added top 5 lists to both of my test results. Hard to pick in GT300.
Thanks for the votes.👍👍
Glad you were able to see past the downforce issue and enjoy the feel of the cars.:cheers:

GT300

Onboy123 - '03 ARTA Garaiya: 1:45.384
My first impression was that this car wanted to kill me. My next impression was quite the opposite. I loved this car on my second time driving it. I tamed it and managed to post a lap time over a second and a half faster than the previous test. Fun car, but it's not the fastest. It has at least three cars outshining it in lap times, unfortunately. Despite that, it goes to show that even the most basic tuning knowledge in the hands of a great driver can create a solid, competent car.

Nearly missed this…whoops. :lol: What "Most basic tuning knowledge"? :lol: It's exactly the same method quite a few guys here adopted for their cars. It's just because I'm new, isn't it? :grumpy:

I have no intents in being the <insert superlative> in any of these comps, so I don't really give that big a toss if it's 1st fastest or otherwise, as long as it's not last. :lol:

Nearly missed this…whoops. :lol: What "Most basic tuning knowledge"? :lol: It's exactly the same method quite a few guys here adopted for their cars. It's just because I'm new, isn't it? :grumpy:

I have no intents in being the <insert superlative> in any of these comps, so I don't really give that big a toss if it's 1st fastest or otherwise, as long as it's not last. :lol:
There's a method for tuning?

Yuppie its called try anything to get the car to work how you want it to.:embarrassed::crazy::lol:
I'm not sure if he means "method" defined by what different changes will do to the car, or if there's an actual tuning "method" as in some type of default values or goal. Or...?

I'm not sure if he means "method" defined by what different changes will do to the car, or if there's an actual tuning "method" as in some type of default values or goal. Or...?

Alright, terminology screw up again. What I meant was more the preferences of settings, like the downforce settings and such to bring out X result with the handling of the car…if that makes sense at all.

Hmm&#8230;&#8230;One day left and not much progress from the testers, at least, not from what I've seen&#8230;

&#8230;Listen&#8230;to the silence&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;

There's today and tomorrow to finish the testing...

GT300 testing is almost complete.
-MrGrado needs to finish his testing (he said that his testings are incomplete and subject to change and need to give top 5 in order of preference.)
-BolverkGTM needs to finish his testing (he's missing 4 cars) and give his top 5.

GT500 testing close to finish too.
-ugabugaz needs to finish his testing and give top 5. I saw your post right above mine saying you're finishing in the 4th. All cool buddy.
-dr_slump, BolverkGTM and MrGrado need to start their testing. Did not see a single post about their GT500 testing.

if there's still time, I will make a few more laps in GT300, but I will pull out of testing gt500, soory.

(alright, results completed. thx tuners)

Last edited:
if there's still time, I will make a few more laps in GT300, but I will pull out of testing gt500, soory.

(alright, results completed. thx tuners)
Yeah! another convert for my feel as one with the car and track tune.:crazy:

Thanks for the drivers choice mention and glad to see that the return to it let you find the pleasure it offers.👍👍

Ehh, I'll try......

&#8230;I'll kill you. I'll kill you&#8230;I'll kill you&#8230;I'll kill you&#8230;I'll kill you&#8230;I'll kill you&#8230;I'll kill you&#8230;I'll kill you&#8230;I'll kill you&#8230;I'll kill you&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;BOO!

I tuned my car way looser than normal just because you were showing up, and now you're not going to meet the deadline. Waste of time killing all that lot testing then, it seems.

Back