PURE | GATE - Suzuka

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,170 comments
Apparently, I'm unable to get below 0.8 from my PB, which is annoying me like hell now. How can I suddenly become slow?

I'm mystified. And worried about the race.

The car's "brand new" now, actually. I even did the whole chassis+engine rebuild, just to make sure. But nothing. It's odd, because I feel at ease when racing with others, but I just can't get quick enough.

Oh well, it's not like this race is going to be race-pace-heavy, right? More like slipstream-heavy.

Guys please note we have an awesome draft to pass spot after the buss stop. So if you are close or cutting it close on a pass before. Relax and secure it after the buss stop.

Be smart. Be patient. Long race with plenty of clean spots for passing. ;)

Lookin forward to the race. Like really excited. Been almost month since I competitively raced.

Anybody able to qualify me? Wasn't able to last night...again. Sigh~

Reviewed my lap 2 through the bus stop, had 2 tires on either the yellow or the pavement all the way through the bus stop. Kicked up some grass but still had 2 tires on the yellow apex.

Crap, double post. Sorry.

I'm getting impatient
7321210264_ab21693420_c.jpg

and so is my pit crew :D

I seen that last night the "Speed? Yes please" before my Q run :lol:.

wardez
it's dirty, so a 5% time dock, sorry mate.

1:51.918 = 111.918 sec

111.918 x .05 = 5.5959

111.918 + 5.5959 = 117.5139

117.5139 sec = 1:57.5139

So rounded is a total time of - 1:57.514?

Correct 👍

Real nice to have you back btw Jeff. Thanks

OwensRacing
1:51.918 = 111.918 sec

111.918 x .05 = 5.5959

111.918 + 5.5959 = 117.5139

117.5139 sec = 1:57.5139

So rounded is a total time of - 1:57.514?

Or more simple: 111.918 x 1.05 = 117.514 ;)

All good. Gonna have to fight from behind again. Leh gooo.

EKTuU.png

Division 1 Room #

Division 2 Room #

Qualifying order
http://bit.ly/gatequalifyingr2

Pre-race briefing | Daytona Road | Round 2
W0XJZ.png

Event information - Saturday, June 2nd
Connect time: 19.00 UTC
Click here to view time in your timezone
Green Flag time: 20.00 UTC
Click here to view time in your timezone

Division 1 host: Wardez (Paginas1) Division 2 host: Litchi (will-i-am)
Race distance: 150 km - 26 + 1 laps

Vehicle inspections begin at 19.45 for grid preparation, please do not chat during this time.
Field will then line up in qualifying order after a track reset in order to set the grid for the race.
Race beings and the formation lap roll will commence.
W0XJZ.png

go2A8.png

A staggered double-file line is used for our rolling start for the first lap after which the race will begin at the start/ finish line.
oQpyV.png
( First time pole sitters will be contacted for confirmation of the following regulations)
  • Pole sitter will begin on the left side of the track.
  • Even number position qualifiers will be on the right side lane of the formation. Odd number qualifiers will be in the pole sitters lane on the left side.
  • Once the GT5 race countdown has completed and the race event has begun all drivers must hold position and wait for confirmation from the host to proceed. Use your handbrakes, sit silently, report any suspicious latency between cars or lag jolting/skipping. After the host has given the go ahead all drivers will begin to slowly form up in qualifying order. The leader must act as gatherer, they must not pre-maturely advance from the group, it is their job to keep the pace slow enough until all cars are in position then proceed to formation speed.
  • Even pace at 100 kmh / 62 mph,
  • The pole leader must wait for the grid to line up behind them completely on the start straight before starting the race by applying full throttle at the start/finish line.
  • No weaving is allowed during formation lap.
  • You must not overlap the car ahead of you.
  • Do not pass any car until you're past the point the pole sitter started the race at.
  • Jump starters will be given warnings or penalties depending on severity.
  • If a driver is damaged on formation then the damaged driver must communicate this through text chat and continue at a reasonable speed to the pit area. The other cars will continue on as normal and the damaged car(s) can join the group as they come around for their first lap. At this point the formation lap will continue on for a second lap after which the race will begin. If it happens once more, the same contingency will be applied and a third formation lap will go on. After this, no more "formation restarts" will be acceptable and the affected drivers must either retire or start far behind the group. Drivers experiencing extreme lag will be asked to leave so the other drivers can race.
  • If, for any reason, a driver misses the formation start and stays behind still on the track the race will not go on, it must be restarted to eliminate the obstacle.

nMH0h.png

W0XJZ.png

Quick question. I've seen overtake moves going BELOW the yellow line on the oval part. Is that actually allowed?

D2 room open: 1472 6118 4216 8217 7349

GV27
Quick question. I've seen overtake moves going BELOW the yellow line on the oval part. Is that actually allowed?
Definitely a NO

Latest Posts

Back