Votes: 342 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 5.5%
  • Will await independent post-release reviews

Votes: 110 21.6%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 29 5.7%

• Total voters
If it comes out on PS3, I'll probably pre-order it. If it comes out on PS4, I'll have to see what the PS4 is all about first, and whether I'll even buy one or not.

One of the changes I hope they make in GT6 is making B-Spec completely optional, like it was in GT4. I absolutely despise B-Spec, and everything associated with it. However, I realize some people quite enjoy it, so I have no problem with it being optional like it was before. I feel that the only reason B-Spec was made seperate from A-Spec in GT5 was to double the amount of events there were, because maybe they ran out of time making truly unique events.

That's another area where GT6 needs to step it up. If you have 1000+ cars in the game, there should be a couple hundred different events to do.

Hopefully, PD is taking note of all the great racing/ car enthusiast games that have and are coming out recently and step up their game with GT6.

I have to disagree on that with GT4.. Admitted, everybody tried to stick to the racing line but GT4 was a little unrealistic when it came to that, they were actually doing the same thing over and over..
In GT6 I'd like to see human AI that can also make mistakes and change pit strategy and gain or lose big.. That would be epic!

I will admit to that the AI in GT4 were like driving robots and sticked perfectly to the racing line every time, but in reality, that's what they are, aren't they? GT5's AI always slow down more than necessary at the kurbs and there's no denying that. GT4's AI took the corners faster and that is why I say the AI in GT4 is better.

But at the same time, the AI in GT5 is better because they do make mistakes; I've seen an AI car crash right in front of my eyes without touching them. But the chances of that happening are very slim. Other then that, AI from previous games were a lot better.

So long as I don't have to shell out for a brand new console type thing then I will.

The Even numbered GT games have always been thought as better than the preceeding Odd ones though. So High Hopes for Number Six.

If I had to play GT5 with a piggy bank and pay a quid for each hour of game play then I'd be able to buy ... a really big piggy bank to fit all the coins in it.

All GT3 showed was you didn't need 1000 cars to have a great game. I spent a lot of time playing GT3.

Gt2 was superior to 3 in every way except graphics. and you cant argue physics , since there both far from gt4 and 5

If I had to buy a new console to play GT6 then I wouldn't be so sure about it. I would want to buy it, yes, but I wouldn't be able to get it without having to save up for a new console.

I will admit to that the AI in GT4 were like driving robots and sticked perfectly to the racing line every time, but in reality, that's what they are, aren't they? GT5's AI always slow down more than necessary at the kurbs and there's no denying that. GT4's AI took the corners faster and that is why I say the AI in GT4 is better.

But at the same time, the AI in GT5 is better because they do make mistakes; I've seen an AI car crash right in front of my eyes without touching them. But the chances of that happening are very slim. Other then that, AI from previous games were a lot better.

They were rubber band AI , the cars in gt3 -1 had performance boost to suit your car.. just add that in to gt5 and better AI..

When will meet my criteria then yes. Otherwise not (GT5 is huge disappointment).
GT6 only on PS3 please.
I will be very strict referee.

See signature.

Last edited:
If GT6 stays on PS3 and it is as up-to-date as possible as in the dia it comes out all cars should be to date (ex. Gt5 comes out in 2009 and we have an R10 Audi(shouldn't be an R15), GT6 comes out today we have an Audi R18 Ultra and R18 Hybride) with as many tracks and events as possible

If you hadn't yet noticed, people are trying other games.

GT3 sold the most copies ever, partly because it was the anticiapted return of the series on a new console (PS2) and also because it was BUNDLED with the PS2 consoles for quite some time.

GT sales have not grown since GT3, they've dropped off:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

GT3: 14mil

GT4: 11mil

GT5: 7mil

Of course, these are still HUGE numbers, but there's a steady decline. Other games are emerging and remaining VERY current. Maybe GT is the ONLY series for you. That would be a bit sad. I hope that's not the case for you, a racing/car enthusiast.

I think part of that is due to the PS3 not having the market share that the PS2 did. I bet there is a group that went from PS2 to Xbox 360, and are playing Forza now. It may not necessarily be that they like Forza more, but that they chose the 360 and that's the premier racing game for the platform.

Considering the market now, 7 million is still pretty good.

Just be glad GT5 didn't come out like NTG. That game was the biggest flop in history I believe. Baisically a beta release. I wouldn't complain too much about GT5 being unfinished. Could be worse you know.
And yes, as I have with previous versions, I will buy GT6.

I love the game, but I agree that GT5 needed to be better organized. Of the 1000 cars, even if you use them and enjoy the all, most of them are unfortunately useless within the game. To have a fair competition, you're stuck with around 50 cars only, depending of the A-Spec events (which I haven't touched since last year), or the repetitive PP limit of the Seasonals. Yes, you can detune your car and such, but honestly, who thinks is ok to race a Viper with 200HP?

As a loyal and patient Gran Turismo enthusiast since the first game, I will buy GT6 on release date, since I can't wait to see how they improve the game this time. If it's for PS4 however, after what GT5 has gone through despite being the best racer out there, I'll think it twice and probably don't bother to save for a new console for the first three years or so. I'll just go check what other games have to offer.

said it in other thread. If the next xbox supports the g27, there's no way I'm buying a PS4 just for GT6. Will only make that mistake once.

just to add a random fact. Forza4 now has over 600 unique premium cars. GT5....at most 200, not including repeated nascars and others.

I will not buy it on release date, that's for sure. I believed in the pre-gt5 hype and i was really looking forward to it..i actually waited gt5 to buy my ps3. But well i was disappointed, especially with the stardard/ premium thing and the tracks.
Don't get me wrong i'm having fun with it but many things keeped my satisfaction lower than what i believed.

Also there's the ps3 / ps4 "problem".
Like i said i waited gt5 to buy the ps3, because well i wasn't sure at all of the ps3 games, infact i'm not really happy of the situation, just think of the old ps2.. so, with the ps4... i will wait even more, for the price at first, then i'll wait to see good games, you know how the console world is.

interpolfan11
Am I the only one who finds it odd that someone on this forum wouldn't buy GT6 as soon as it's available? I mean, I understand that times are tough, but I would think anyone wasting their valuable time on this forum would have no qualms with buying the game sans seeing reviews.

As someone who's bought every full title at launch since GT2, I don't find it odd. GT5 was the first I per-ordered, and I paid extra for the CE, but I'm not a teen anymore, and trying other games out there has made me realize GT6 is unlikely to be a first-day purchase. The series hasn't evolved as much in the directions I place importance on, and while PD have been admittedly very supportive with patches, some of it smacks of little long-term planning (how many physics changes have there been?). I still enjoy the series, and want it to succeed, but overall, I think I'll be a bit more cautious when it comes time for GT6, doubly so if it requires another new system (which, seeing as how my PS3 was primarily purchased for GT, would be more than a bit frustrating).

BlackSeries
I will wait for a price drop. Paying $60 for a video is stupid/

At $60 it's about the cheapest form of entertainment on the market, I must have about 1000 hours play time with GT5 so at approx $0.06 per hour it's great value

I probably will purchase GT6 on the day of release. It's just a matter of how long it keeps me "entertained". I mean, if PD still doesn't adress some of the most basic issues with the game, such as the engine sounds, it's probably going to go back into my cupboard while I enjoy another game.

I loved Gran Turismo. I didn't love GT5, as much as I tried. Unless GT6 is a revolutionary change, it won't be for me.

Not going to stop me hanging around and hoping though.

As someone who's bought every full title at launch since GT2, I don't find it odd. GT5 was the first I per-ordered, and I paid extra for the CE, but I'm not a teen anymore, and trying other games out there has made me realize GT6 is unlikely to be a first-day purchase. The series hasn't evolved as much in the directions I place importance on, and while PD have been admittedly very supportive with patches, some of it smacks of little long-term planning (how many physics changes have there been?). I still enjoy the series, and want it to succeed, but overall, I think I'll be a bit more cautious when it comes time for GT6, doubly so if it requires another new system (which, seeing as how my PS3 was primarily purchased for GT, would be more than a bit frustrating).

This. Over and over again.

Most of us GREW UP with GT, so we have an emotional bond to the series. But after GT5, we were disappointed and turned off. No longer are we children or teens. We know other games exist that offer more features and better features. To see GT as the sole racing king is now a flawed and ignorant thought.

Still, we WANT to see it succeed as a whole, but no longer can we look to GT as the ONE source for racing entertainment. It's lost that quality. It needs a new spark. This might require a new staff/leader (oh, no he didn't!).

Yes, yes I did.

I'm so not expecting gt6 to come up until a freaking while..
So yes ima buy it for sure.
I just pray for no tsunami / earthquake :nervous:
And i'm serious here.

If you hadn't yet noticed, people are trying other games.

GT3 sold the most copies ever, partly because it was the anticiapted return of the series on a new console (PS2) and also because it was BUNDLED with the PS2 consoles for quite some time.

GT sales have not grown since GT3, they've dropped off:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

GT3: 14mil

GT4: 11mil

GT5: 7mil

Of course, these are still HUGE numbers, but there's a steady decline. Other games are emerging and remaining VERY current. Maybe GT is the ONLY series for you. That would be a bit sad. I hope that's not the case for you, a racing/car enthusiast.
Read:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5429520#post5429520

Also yours are old numbers, not even GT5 XL was out. GT5 will probably reach 10M in the next years as the previous titles slowly did it at their full life cycle. Other titles affecting GT5 sales or disapointment theories are just ignorant claims, sales are healthy as always.

Yea, I'm a bit of a fanboy about the series so I'll definitely pick GT6 up when it comes out, but I won't let it stop me from playing other (possibly better?) racing games as well.

GT5 definitely had some strange decisions about racing prizes and setup before the patches, and incomplete content, but it's still the racing game I'm playing the most right now, so I don't see why I won't also enjoy GT6. Needs more cars tho :D I'm behind the idea of 'every car ever' all the way.

I said this a year ago in that same thread. Though ultimately not really helpful for the question of this thread, it is still no less accurate in regards to what CorvetteConquer said:

I think all of this sales discussion is rather moot. GT5 would have been a massive success even if the game was unequivocally terrible, so the fact that it is selling similar to how GT4 doesn't mean much.

GT6 sales are going to be the determining factor about whether the GT series is declining financially, and we can't even begin to guess what the situation will be when GT6 comes out.
The second part of that is also still basically true, because GT6 is still a wildcard.

I will buy GT6 1st day when it comes out enough said.
said it in other thread. If the next xbox supports the g27, there's no way I'm buying a PS4 just for GT6. Will only make that mistake once.

just to add a random fact. Forza4 now has over 600 unique premium cars. GT5....at most 200, not including repeated nascars and others.

I would not call Forza 600 cars premium only their Auto Vista cars are premium GT5 cars are extremely detailed just watch a replay in both games.

Last edited:
If GT6 is anything like GT5 then it'll be a day one purchase for me. I've not grown bored or tired of the game and I still find hours upon hours of enjoyment from GT5, and I expect GT6 to improve upon GT5 so I'm going to go out on a limb and say day one purchase for me.

I would just say that it's all about your opinion and other peoples opinions. I love GT4 and some people don't. Who knows, you may hate GT5 and other people adore it.

If it comes out on PS3, I will probably get it.

Now if it's next gen... then it gets complicated. With the way things are going right now, I will probably be going with a box for next gen. Hopefully they will support logitec wheels too, cause I really don't want to buy a second wheel. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably own a box right now. The way it is now, I don't see the point in getting a box and Forza if I can't afford a wheel with it too. Controller racing just doesn't do it for me, unless it's an arcade racer of course.

Latest Posts

Back