Votes: 342 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 5.5%
  • Will await independent post-release reviews

Votes: 110 21.6%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 29 5.7%

• Total voters
That in my country will be fake advertising. Why? Because those engine sounds are nothing like the actual sounds in the game. It is not a part of the product that we have.

Using realistic sounds in trailers and then in the game having the sounds that we all know is just...don´t know how to say it...put the word that you want.

Call me a sound whore if you want but 5 games with almost the same engine sound and the rest of the games evolving into realistic sounds makes me really mad.

Yeah i will be buying the next GT... I don't care that GT doesn't have a livery editor or all the flashy stuff forza has... I really don't care because GT hasn't had that stuff before so i am not expecting it (great if it does great if it doesn't)... I have played other games and a lot of stuff doesn't add up to GT's physics... I am not picking on forza so before you think that don't say it because i am not... For console i have played them all... I love driving games and every time i try to play the other driving games it just seems like there is something wrong... I drove a car that i have driven many times in real life and then tried the same type of driving in the same car in the other racing games just to see which one is closer and GT stacks up on top every time... I know GT isn't perfect but just fine to me

I'll take that as you admitting that your comments were incorrect, then. Because you trying to change your initial argument notwithstanding, none of the stuff listed in that link wasn't already in GT4, thus bringing us back to the three things that I already detailed from the video you provided.

Last edited:
Yes, there are a few new features in GT5, but realistically, which ones actually improve the game? I mean, probably less than half of the gamers actually like B-spec. Any features in past GTs that were good have been made worse or practically pointless in GT5. The license tests, namely. Useful in previous GTs, pointless in GT5.

I thought I was getting bored with GT5 a while back so I went out and purchased Shift 2 and F1 2011... I'll pay whatever PD wants on day 1 release of GT6.

I'll take that as you admitting that your comments were incorrect, then. Because you trying to change your initial argument notwithstanding, none of the stuff listed in that link wasn't already in GT4, thus bringing us back to the three things that I already detailed from the video you provided.
Take it as you want I was replying to this not changing any argument:

"Please expand. Except the basics (graphics,physics, cars and tracks) what has improved/innovated since GT1?"

Or we can play the inverse:

"Please expand. Except the basics (graphics,physics, cars and tracks) what has improved/innovated since FM1?"

It would be shorter than listing the evolution between GT4 and GT5.

If it comes out on PS3, I will probably get it.

Now if it's next gen... then it gets complicated. With the way things are going right now, I will probably be going with a box for next gen. Hopefully they will support logitec wheels too, cause I really don't want to buy a second wheel. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably own a box right now. The way it is now, I don't see the point in getting a box and Forza if I can't afford a wheel with it too. Controller racing just doesn't do it for me, unless it's an arcade racer of course.

I'd say there is very little chance that the next Xbox will support the current Logitech wheels. For that to happen, MS would have to adopt Sony's protocol (or whatever the word is) for game controls. That would make controllers cross-platform, and I just don't see that happening. Aren't the Xbox inputs encrypted in some way as well?

Logitech could make a new wheel with Xbox support, perhaps even with a switch for both consoles. It may be more expensive though, as I believe Xbox peripherals must be officially licensed. I'm not sure if the G27 is licensed by Sony.

I have an hour long race starting in one hour at La Sarthe in the rain with 15 other drivers in LMP and GT cars, next week is same track and cars but 3 hours, I'll miss it unfortunately because of a trip. Last week was 2 hours at Spa, my race ended with a last lap battle for position that came down to the final corner. Yeah, GT has it's faults but it has improved greatly since GT1. And Simon I know you don't play online but that is your fault and your loss. You aren't fully taking advantage of the game, an A-Spec race is never going to give the same experience as a good online race, that's just how it is.But because you only play half of the game don't act like the series has taken huge steps back or never advanced.

Or we can play the inverse:

"Please expand. Except the basics (graphics,physics, cars and tracks) what has improved/innovated since FM1?"

It would be shorter than listing the evolution between GT4 and GT5.
Quick question, have you even played all the Forza games? And if you're so desperate to show how much more GT5 have improved since GT1 than Forza 4 since Forza 1, please, I would love to see your list.

Quick question, have you even played all the Forza games? And if you're so desperate to show how much more GT5 have improved since GT1 than Forza 4 since Forza 1, please, I would love to see your list.
No questions, just facts.

My main concern is how people see the GT series stagnant with GT5 and at the same time see Forza as the new saviour of the genre. Was something refreshing with FM1 competing with GT4 but never more. Is not autovista the major feature between FM3 and FM4?

Take it as you want I was replying to this not changing any argument:
This was your initial argument:
In fact GT have improved much more in this generation than Forza did since their first game.
Essentially, "GT5:P and GT5 brought more to the table than the entire Forza series." I'm still waiting some proof of that, because everything you've shown thus far has amounted to nothing more than the three things I've already outlined.

Furthermore, that you turned around and said this:

Was something refreshing with FM1 competing with GT4 but never more. Is not autovista the major feature between FM3 and FM4?
When you make the huge accusations of the Forza series doing little to improve since the first game as you have in this thread, and then you make it clear that you don't even know if you know what you are talking about, it stops being funny and slides into being sad. Especially when you've been proven wrong in the various threads comparing the two directly more than enough times to make it clear that you do know what the score is and are misrepresenting things to further your argument in this thread.

How about online?
Doesn't apply to this conversation, since Forza did it first (though, to be frank, games in the genre had been doing it for quite a few years before either) and his original statement contended that GT5 brought more things to the table than the entire Forza series has, so he needs to bring up things that GT5 does over previous games that the Forza series didn't already do. Which brings it back to the same three things.

Last edited:
This was your initial argument:
Essentially, "GT5:P and GT5 brought more to the table than the entire Forza series." I'm still waiting some proof of that, because everything you've shown thus far has amounted to nothing more than the three things I've already outlined.

Furthermore, that you turned around and said this:

When you make the huge accusations of the Forza series doing little to improve since the first game as you have in this thread, and then you make it clear that you don't even know if you know what you are talking about, it stops being funny and slides into being sad. Especially when you've been proven wrong in the various threads comparing the two directly more than enough times to make it clear that you do know what the score is and are misrepresenting things to further your argument in this thread.

Doesn't apply to this conversation, since Forza did it first (though, to be frank, games in the genre had been doing it for quite a few years before either) and his original statement contended that GT5 brought more things to the table than the entire Forza series has, so he needs to bring up things that GT5 does over previous games that the Forza series didn't already do. Which brings it back to the same three things.
I think you don't understand what I said.

I mean evolution between series. How much have been the gameplay evolution and new posibilities between games of the same series. Not a competition of how much features has one game or another.

And about my argument read another time the question answered and don't try to see ghosts. He changed GT4 to GT1 and I replied to that new question, as simple as that.

Last edited:
GT3 sold the most copies ever, partly because it was the anticiapted return of the series on a new console (PS2) and also because it was BUNDLED with the PS2 consoles for quite some time.

GT sales have not grown since GT3, they've dropped off:
And the price has increased significantly. Since 2000/2001, there hasn't been much monetary growth for the mid-low working classes. Between 1997-2001 there was a decent amount of free cash- "the good times". iirc: GT3: 39.99, GT4: 49.99, GT5: 59.99. It may be the correct going rate, but the vast majority of people's disposable income has shrunk or been stagnant in the last 10 years. This can easily account for lower numbers. Then we can consider the PS3, which was more expensive than the PS2. I would take the lower sales as a simple sign of what the economy as a whole has looked like, not a decline in popularity.

So... Kart racing, dynamic weather and the track creator then? Please help me if I missed something.
They added the mid race saves and I consider that to be an enormous addition. It doesn't matter when they added it, just that they did.

As near as I know, the Gran Turismo series is the only series that has extended endurance races. This addition makes it viable for the average/working user to complete it without tying up the console for a week when it's done piecemeal.

They added the mid race saves and I consider that to be an enormous addition. It doesn't matter when they added it, just that they did.
I think he's referring to gameplay related features. So things like license tests, A-spec, B-spec, Special Events, etc. Besides, the mid-race save feature was already in GT4, so it was extremely odd for PD to have not included it in GT5 from the start.

I think you don't understand what I said.

I mean evolution between series. How much have been the gameplay evolution and new posibilities between games of the same series. Not a competition of how much features has one game or another.

And about my argument read another time the question answered and don't try to see ghosts. He changed GT4 to GT1 and I replied to that new question, as simple as that.

To be honest, I don't think you understand what you're saying. If you honestly think Forza hasn't evolved much since the original title than, quite honestly, you've no idea what you're talking about.

As near as I know, the Gran Turismo series is the only series that has extended endurance races. This addition makes it viable for the average/working user to complete it without tying up the console for a week when it's done piecemeal.

Irrelevant. Mid race saves were a feature since GT3. The fact it was omitted from 5 and then subsequently re-added, albeit in a lesser capacity, doesn't make it an entirely new feature all over again.

It depends on when it comes, whether there will be an Xbox 720 with bluray (announced or available) and what Forza/Horizon is by then. So undecided, but not looking too good for Sony/PD for the first time since my GT1.

Surprise, surprise, another GT vs Forza fight. I never understood this loyalty towards one series. People should play as many sims as they can and enjoy their best parts. Who knows what GT6 will be like? Maybe amazing, maybe horrible but I won't judge it based on my opinion of GT5.

I will most likely buy it though, because I grew up with GT, since the PS1 days and it played a big part in creating my love for cars.

Surprise, surprise, another GT vs Forza fight. I never understood this loyalty towards one series. People should play as many sims as they can and enjoy their best parts. Who knows what GT6 will be like? Maybe amazing, maybe horrible but I won't judge it based on my opinion of GT5.

I will most likely buy it though, because I grew up with GT, since the PS1 days and it played a big part in creating my love for cars.

I would really like to try Forza 4 as I've heard some great things about it. Not opposed to paying for a used xbox360 and the game, but my G27 apparently won't work. I'm not likely to go out and buy another wheel+stand and definitely not going back to the pad. +++ Don't even try to convince me to sell my G27 :)

So let's make this clear.

PS3 = I'm buying it first day.

PS4 = GT has always been the game that I by my consoles for. After what happened with GT5, I don't see the need for this anymore.

Bottom line: I'm not saying I hate GT. I grew up with the game and like someone said, I have an emotional attachment to the game. I feel that if GT5 would be more innovating, but at the same time it would've kept the appeal of it's predecesors, then it would be a different story.

As an example: Why did I played GT3 for almost 5 years and never really felt bored of it despite it only had 120 cars? I think that this is something that most older GT enthusiasts like me wonder. And PD really needs to consider this point as well.

To be honest, I don't think you understand what you're saying. If you honestly think Forza hasn't evolved much since the original title than, quite honestly, you've no idea what you're talking about.
Has evolved of course but less than the GT series with GT5. That is what I try to say and because this:

"My main concern is how people see the GT series stagnant with GT5 and at the same time see Forza as the new saviour of the genre."

Please, what is your opinion about this reply?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7168888#post7168888

Title is who is buying GT6, why is everyone talking about Forza ?

I will buy GT6 for sure, PS3 or 4 doesnt matter.

Has evolved of course but less than the GT series with GT5. That is what I try to say and because this:

Which is still incorrect any way you care to arrange the words.

Back