Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Daihatsu, Mira TR-XX Avenzato R '97, "Pocket Monster Type R"
The Daihatsu Cuore/Mira has been one of Ol'Harvey Wallbanger's favorite cars for quite some time. It was the car that helped launch his Café and Outlaw Motorsports Garage and appears on the banner for said establishment. Due to its phenomenal performance it helped pay for a large portion of the Wallbanger's extensive car collection. With major updates from PD the "Pocket Monster" was the first to get an updated tune as well. Now after seeing the way this latest version destroys the track and competition at Laguna Seca in Ol'Harvey's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout some may want to accuse him of rigging the competition, but that is definitely not the case. He tried many other cars, some previously tuned, some never previously touched, before giving a detuned version of his "Pocket Monster V2" a tryout. Now whether it is the year and a half worth of continuous little tweaks to the cars tune or just that the car really is that dominant who knows but it demolished the best times set by any of the other cars tried. Of course the Wallbanger has never been one to say okay that was good enough lets just move on, no he looked at the detuned V2 and said I can make an even better car for this Shootout. So a fresh untouched Mira was rolled out of the depths of his garage and Ol'Harvey gave it the treatment making full use of his knowledge of the PP system and the lenient rules for the Shootout. Hey its a very light car that can make a lot of power for its class but with a very limited PP to work with that light weight severely limited how much power could be used. No problem said Ol'Harvey skip the weight reduction and while we're at it I've been looking for a place to store some extra camping and fishing gear this looks good. Now the car weighing a good 200kg more than stock was able to unleash a full 175HP on its severely power challenged opponents and still meet the class PP restrictions. Making some final adjustments to the suspension and drivetrain the Wallbanger hit Laguna Seca with his newly christened "Type R" where he put down a blistering 1:45.629 personal best. Everyone watch out Ol'Harvey's favorite weapon is looking to feast on its Class A opponents. If you don't want to be lunch then build your own "Pocket Monster Type R".
Mazda_2520Raceway_2520Laguna_2520Seca.jpg

Toscana.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: UCD
Paintjob: Maziora Andromeda (Paint by Toyota)
Wheels: Advan RGII (Gold finish)
Aerodynamic Kit: -
Weight Reduction: -
Window Weight Reduction: -
Carbon Hood: -
Chassis reinforcement: -
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: -
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: High RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: -
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Hard and Dirt

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: 200kg at +47
Power Limiter: 92.8%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 6.000
3) Set Top Speed to 87mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.665,
2nd=2.015,
3rd=1.575,
4th=1.265,
5th=1.050,
5) Set Final gear to 4.200
Should display an indicated top speed of 117mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 14, Acceleration 14, Braking 7
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.4, Rear 1.6
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front -5, Rear -25
Spring Rate Front 14.6, Rear 11.8
Dampers (Extension) Front 3, Rear 2
Dampers (Compression) Front 7, Rear 6
Anti-Roll Bars Front 5, Rear 5
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 405PP, weighs 900Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 175HP and produces 138ft-lb torque@5,100rpm with a 8,400rpm redline.

Notes: Nearly ideal for driving with an automatic transmission as peak HP is made right at redline while there is very little loss of torque between peak and redline.

Note 2: Don't let the very light feel of the car fool you as it has very good grip. Some may find it "twitchy" as it gives near instant response to any inputs. Driven at the limits it will grip and fly through corners, push it a hair to hard and you may think your driving an FR as the rear end will step out and the car will perform some nice 4wheel drifts around corners.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos
Toscana-1.jpg

trackripper123
:lol:
Alright, I'll join Clueless' side. :D

For this shootout, you are now Clueless :dopey:

NEWDRIVER2
I'll be clueless side if you like that sir Adam :-) . Iam not fast or good driver but i can help.

Thank you for the offer, it is greatly appreciated. I'll see what we can do for future events 👍

Uh-oh, there a lot of alliances for the shootout. With these additions, team Parrots is dominating the boards at Laguna, as trackripper and kremkme's entries are doing a 1-2. :nervous: Harvey, be quick with that group B entry! :scared::dopey:

Niku Driver HC
Uh-oh, there a lot of alliances for the shootout. With these additions, team Parrots is dominating the boards at Laguna, as trackripper and kremkme's entries are doing a 1-2. :nervous: Harvey, be quick with that group B entry! :scared::dopey:

:sly::D:tup:.....:dopey:

Looking good :cool:

moparisgod
Wait, I need to tune for class A too? :nevous:

Well Harv is tuning both. AC and Diogo tuned both, and Onboy is tuning both.

I will have tunes for both. Theo and ripper have tuned both. So if you could that would be great :dopey:

NOOOOOO!!! Trackripper, Y U BACKSTAB ME?!?!?! :lol:

Now that this has happened though…I'm interested. I'll be honest, I was pretty underwhelmed by the 2nd FF shootout, after the 500PP FF from last time, to be downsizing and slowing down seemed a bit lackluster a comeback, hence the lack of contribution from me in that thread…

…at least, until this little challenge came along. :D Do bear in mind, I probably won't be giving it my all, but whatever I build should be able to keep up at the very least. 👍

Honda CR-Z '10, "Katana"
Ol'Harvey Wallbanger was sure he had found his Class B entry for his 2nd Annual FF Shootout early on in testing. Luckily for everyone he decided to be thorough and try the rest of the cars on his list. This was the last car he tested and to be quite honest he really didn't expect it to be a strong contender. As they say looks can be deceiving and this car proved it by posting a lap of Laguna Seca nearly a second faster than any others and knocking close to 3 seconds off the best previous time at Toscana, with a simple rough tune! Well that certainly caught Ol'Harvey's attention so it was time to get down to business. First a new car had to be acquired and broken in as the test car had previously been fully modified and needed heavy detuning for testing. A series of tests using the older car as a test mule showed that keeping the weight to the minimum and not installing a turbo charger created the best results. The cars hybrid system gives immediate massive torque helping the car accelerate very quickly. No turbo meant there was no lag or peaky power band to deal with. As an added bonus the Sports exhaust helps keep this car amazingly quiet. As the Wallbanger says, just like a Samurai skilled in the arts of Iajitsu they'll never notice this Katana until its sliced its opponents to shreds. Just as for the master smiths who forged those swords of legend getting this weapon to perform in the flawless way it does proved to be a challenging task that had Ol'Harvey sweating, swearing and at times stymied, but I think you'll all agree that the results are well worth the time and effort spent. So arm yourself with a "Katana" and carve your own legend!
Mazda_2520Raceway_2520Laguna_2520Seca-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: New Car Dealership
Paintjob: Iron Blue Metallic (Paint by Honda)
Wheels: Enkei RC-T4 (Bronze finish)
Aerodynamic Kit: Front A
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: Yes (Carbon finish)
Chassis reinforcement: No
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Air Filter: Sports
Exhaust: Sports
Turbo Kit: -
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: -
Tires: Sports Hard and Dirt

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -/-
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 99.6%
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.600,
2nd=2.000,
3rd=1.600,
4th=1.300,
5th=1.100,
6th=0.900
5) Set Final gear to 5.000
Should display an indicated top speed of 123mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 12, Acceleration 12, Braking 6
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 3.0, Rear 1.2
Ride Height Front -5, Rear -25
Spring Rate Front 11.6, Rear 14.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 2, Rear 4
Dampers (Compression) Front 4, Rear 6
Anti-Roll Bars Front 1, Rear 7
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 430PP, weighs 956Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 198HP and produces 183ft-lb torque@2,200rpm with a 7,700rpm redline.

Notes: This car works well with an automatic transmission.

Note 2: For tracks where higher speeds are possible adjust the final gear on the transmission. (4.600 works well for Cape Ring Outside in the recent FF Seasonal)
Note 3: Ol'Harvey Wallbanger managed a best time of 1:43.299 at Laguna Seca and 2:01.319 at Toscana with this tune.:gtpflag:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage
Suzuki Cervo SR ’07

lagunasecaraceway11.jpg

lagunasecaraceway8l.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Suzuki Cervo SR ’07
Buy from: NCD
Paintjob: Suzuki ‘Mysterious Violet Pearl’
Wheels: Enkei JS+M
Aerodynamic Kit: --

Carbon Hood: Carbon
Chassis reinforcement: --

ECU Tuning: Sports ECU
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM kit

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Clutch: Twin Plate
LSD: Fully Customisable

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: SH / Dirt

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: --
Power Limiter: 88.3%

Transmission- process as follows;
Set to default - ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!’

Should display an indicated top speed of 169 kph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 10
Braking: 5

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.05 / -0.10
Ride Height: -5 / -10
Spring Rate: 9.7 / 4.8
Dampers (Extension): 6 / 4
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 / 5

Brakes
4 / 2
The car has 405 PP, weighs 723 Kg with a 63/37 front/rear weight distribution, has 114BHP@5100rpm and produces 18 kgfm torque@4600 rpm with a 8400 rpm redline.

Notes: Tuned for Wallbanger’s Second Annual FF Shootout at Laguna Seca and Toscana Gravel

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage
HONDA Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5i ’83

lagunasecaraceway1p.jpg

lagunasecaraceway4g.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Based on: HONDA Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5i ’83
Buy from: UCD
Paintjob: Honda ‘Cyprus Green Pearl’
Wheels: BBS RE-MG
Aerodynamic Kit: --

Weight Reduction: Stage 1
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

ECU Tuning: Sports ECU
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM kit

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Clutch: Twin Plate
LSD: Fully Customisable

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: SH / Dirt

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: 110kg at -40
Power Limiter: 91.6%

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set Max Speed to 250 kph
2)Set Gear Ratios
1st= 2.296
2nd= 1.534
3rd= 1.108
4th= 0.893
5th= 0.730
3)Set Final Gear to 5.318

Should display an indicated top speed of 215 kph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 14
Braking: 7

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.5 / 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.05 / -0.10
Ride Height: -8 / -15
Spring Rate: 11.3 / 4.9
Dampers (Extension): 7 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 1
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 / 6

Brakes
4 / 6
The car has 430 PP, weighs 866 Kg with a 64/36 front/rear weight distribution, has 191BHP@5400rpm and produces 26kgfm torque@4900rpm with a 7900 rpm redline.

Notes: Tuned for Wallbanger’s Second Annual FF Shootout at Laguna Seca and Toscana Gravel

Helllllooooo Harvey :D,

I'm heading home and you are the type of person that would/has tried the Suzuki Alto Works for the new seasonal. Does it? I think I might see what it can do when I get home :dopey:

'Night :cheers:

Helllllooooo Harvey :D,

I'm heading home and you are the type of person that would/has tried the Suzuki Alto Works for the new seasonal. Does it? I think I might see what it can do when I get home :dopey:

'Night :cheers:
Not sure about the Suzuki, thinking you would have better luck with a Daihatsu Move.:crazy::D

Toyota, Celica GT-R (ST183, 4WS) '91, "Pretty in Pink"

Cape_2520Ring_2520Periphery.jpg

WOW

I just ran this car round the cape ring periphery in the FF seasonal and to say I'm hugely impressed would be an understatement.
Of course I got first place in this.
I was in first from the loop of the third lap.
I won by just over 20 seconds.
I won 974,465cr.

This car grips the road forever, no idea what you did with this but it's amazing.
I was leaving breaking to the last second dab the breaks and start the turn and it pulls in and gets you round the corner every time. The gearing is perfect. Pulls hard in every gear using auto box.

Well done on making this car go so well.

Sorry for double post, but I just ran the same race again but with 10 less PP yes I restricted the BHP a little I know this wasn't part of the shoot out rules but after beating the opposition so easily I wanted to see if I could do it with this car at 370pp, see if I could make 1mil from one race.

Well I won again and brought home 1,082,333.
Again it's an amazing car. I've painted mine in the same pink with the same wheels and this will hold a spot on my fav list from now on.
Cheers desp, great car.

Glad you like "Pretty in Pink" there cactusOnR.👍👍
Hope you'll give a few more of our tunes a try.:cheers:

Audi S3 '02, "R300 Quattro"
Turismo.M.G! informed me that as a long time follower and supporter of his Car of the Week threads, I was being given the honor of picking the car for Week 20. Now I was in the middle of running the Wallbanger's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout and a it pressed for time, so after a quick glance at the then freshly posted 530PP 4wd seasonal races and the OCD chose the Audi S3 '02. Nearly a week went by before Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here had a chance to actually get his hands on said car and take a shot at the 4wd seasonal races. First a quick check of the regulations for the seasonal set the tire selection to Sports Hard and since PD indicated that 470PP would pay roughly double that set the limit for upgrades. Now stock the S3 is one of the heavier hatchbacks you'll find so the first thing on the Wallbanger's agenda was to carve off as much of that excess weight as possible. Then it was time to give the car a bit more grunt. Plenty of power was to be found without changing the stock twin turbos for higher output versions, so Ol'Harvey gave the engine a few choice touches and opened up both the intake and exhaust to allow better breathing, bringing the car up to 301HP and 259ft-lbs of torque. The drivetrain and transmission got replaced with high performance parts to better handle the added power and get it to the pavement. Finally a fully customized suspension and a new set of wheels were added to make sure it could carve the corners with the best of them. Now christened the R300 Quattro it was off to the races. The car now feels much lighter and more responsive and the Wallbanger was able to take 1st place in all 5 of the seasonal races against the top competition. So while only the small Outlaw Motorsports Garage badges replacing the stock S3s on the front fenders and the Rays Volk Racing wheels give a hint that this isn't your normal S3, but rather something that eats the best that the likes off Subaru, Mitsubishi and Nissan have to offer. Now here is how to get your own "R300 Quattro" and go racing.
Toscana_2520_2528Tarmac_2529.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Nogaro Blue Pearl Effect (Stock paint)
Wheels: Rays Volk Racing CE28 (Gold Finish)
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Carbon Hood: -
Chassis reinforcement: -
Engine Tuning: Stage 2
Exhaust: Sports
Turbo Kit: -
Center Differential: Torque Sensing
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Tires: Sports Hard

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 100%
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.670,
2nd=2.040,
3rd=1.630,
4th=1.340,
5th=1.120,
6th=0.940
5) Set Final gear to 4.200
Should display an indicated top speed of 144mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 10, Acceleration 10, Braking 5
LSD Rear Initial 16, Acceleration 24, Braking 8
Torque Sensing Center Differential Front 50, Rear 50
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.4, Rear 1.6
Ride Height Front 0, Rear -15
Spring Rate Front 13.0, Rear 13.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 1, Rear 2
Dampers (Compression) Front 3, Rear 4
Anti-Roll Bars Front 4, Rear 5
Brakes Front 4, Rear 6

The car has 470PP, weighs 1,182Kg with a 52/48 front/rear weight distribution, has 301HP and produces 259ft-lb torque@4,600rpm with a 7,600rpm redline.

Notes: Drives nicely using an automatic transmission but should benefit from the use of a manual transmission.

Note 2: The final drive listed above is for use on Cape Ring and Toscana (Tarmac). For Laguna Seca change the Final Gear to 4.600. For Grand Valley change Final Gear to 4.000. For La Sarthe set the Final gear to 3.500 to allow for drafting on the Mulsane straights. (La Sarthe should benefit the most from the use of a manual transmission and if using one you may want to set the Final gear to 3.400 to prevent any chance of hitting the rev limiter while drafting.)

Note 3: This is still what I consider a rough tune as I was a bit rushed, so I encourage users to consider this a good base and then adjust to suit their driving style.

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes "Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR T.M. SCP ‘99”

Kyoto-Gion-1.jpg

While looking through the outlaw garage to find another car to run around one of the new seasonals I found this. Now I love Lancer Evos or more the idea of lancer evos, not had much luck tuning them myself in GT5 so tend not to use them. But I thought I'd give AC's tune a go.

Set the car up as per AC's tune then took to the track. the track of chice was from the 4WD seasonal, 530PP 4WD Challenge: Toscana (Tarmac) 104A / 7 Laps. I really didn't do well on this track all the others in this seasonal I was dropping the PP level to below 500. with this on I needed a 522pp gold R32 and only just won. so I thought it would be a goot test for the 520pp Evo.

first thing I noticed was I could very easily make the car slide in to corners with some late breaking while I turned the car would kick sideways and slide round the corner. this is not a negative, it was actually a lot of fun. sliding round the undulating corners at toscana felt very satisfying. Not sure its the fastest way round the track but it was working for me.
I won the race first try, so I was very happy and I won with a 6 or 7 second lead. So i'm pretty sure i could drop the PP level a bit to increase the cash prize if i so desired.

Maybe not the fastest car at it's PP level but a lot of fun to drive, I have finally found an EVO tune in GT5 that I really like.

Thanks for another great car guys

Onboy123
Y NO LOVE FOR ME?!??!!? :lol: It's a car from ACSR guys, awesomeness is guaranteed. :lol:

One of your cars is up next onboy. Don't panic mate. With 2 little kids and a job I don't get so much time for testing.
But one of your tune will be on a car of mine this weekend.
I'll get a review on for you by Monday.

Got a story I gotta share.

My oldest son lives three hours south of my house, and the last half hour is on a wonderfully curvy, well maintained country road. Crotch rockets and tuners drive it all the time and I often find myself pushing to stay ahead or to keep up with other drivers out for a country drive. I have dub'd the road "my own personal Suedschleife."

So last week I went down to pick up my son and from the first corner exiting town I was trapped behind a Cadalac CTS with brand new plates. "Great," I'm thinking, "grandpa finally bought the car he always wanted and now thinks he can drive." (The previous 2.5 hrs degraded my tolerance for stupid drivers.) The first hill is steep, it's a 55mph zone but most cars have trouble hitting 35 by the top. He hit 70 and maintained. I love my Subaru, I kept up and followed from a respectful distance, not trying to push someone who can't control an unfamiliar powerful car.

Then he hit the curves. Wow. Every apex and smooth. He powered through the complexes, exiting faster than he entered, then slowing to a more reasonable speed for the straights. I was loving it, he knew the road and how to control his car. He pulled into a driveway a few before my sons.

As we pull away from my sons house I finish telling my son about him, and I point, "He live there."

"She's my bus drive." My son tells me.

Lol, just lol

Last edited:
Toyota TRD Sprinter Trueno BZ-R GT-Apex

Over the weekend I took another look thought the Outlaw garage to see if I could find another I was interested in testing. Well I did, I picked out the Onboy tune for the Sprinter trueno '98.
Now as i love the older sprinter I have tried to make something of this newer FF car in the past, but failed miserably. So i was very keen to see if Onboy had managed to make the car any better.

Got the car on the cape ring track FF seasonal the pp limit is 430 for this race so I was confident that in a 430 pp I should win the race with out to much trouble.
The lights went green and I was off.
The gearing is really nice and pulls the car quickly up to 100mph. breaking hard in the for first left hand corner I found I had over done the breaking and was going way too slow for the car.
For the next corners the right hander I didn't break so hard and started to expect the trade mark understeer of an FF. I waited but the car was turning. I started to put the power down and still the car stuck to the road for the following set of bends over the crest. and down to the right hander to start the loop. over cooked it, too much power and I found the limit of the car grip.just about staying out of the crash barrier I accelerated in to the loop.the grip point in the loop was 97MPH I say grip limit I may have done more but the car ran out of power and couldn't get the car any faster.

The brilliant grip continued to hold well through the second half of the track. and with no problems I managed to take the lead by half way round the 3rd lap. then went on to win by a huge margin. after the race finished I left the leader board up to see how mu I had beaten them all by but I ran out of time the screen moved on before the 2nd place guy made it to the finish. So i think I was well over 10 second ahead.

Onboy has done the sprinter name justice. this is just as good now as I wanted it to be when i first tried to tune the car myself.

Grips well in corners for an FF, has a very good gearing pulling the car up to speed nice and quickly once out of the corners. this was a great car for the cape ring and I'm sure it would be able to attack any of the short and tighter track with great success.
Nice work Onboy, great car.

Thats 3 cars from the outlaw garage that have all made it in to my favorites list in the last week. You guys really are doing some great work, Keep it up guys

Last edited:
Whoops…missed this…damn the thread is either silent or completely unrelated to me, isn't it. :lol:

Thanks for the review, and it's good to finally hear from you after so long. :D

Anyway, yea, it's quite a little gem, isn't it? It's no Civic, but it'll certainly keep up. Ran out of power you say? Most likely, 220hp isn't that much however you look at it. :lol: It's quite an old tune though, so I'm glad it's still delivering after so long.

Hi onboy.
Yep it's a great little car.
It only ran out of power on the loop. I just felt it would have continued to stick to the road even if it was going a little faster. It's not a criticism at all I know it's a low pp tune, and it works really well.
I'm impressed mate.

@XDesperado67

After almost questioning your judgement :dopey: in last week's CotW, I did a short test of your R300 S3. If you want to use it as a 'review' (also the pic) you are welcome.

@XDesperado67

After almost questioning your judgement :dopey: in last week's CotW, I did a short test of your R300 S3. If you want to use it as a 'review' (also the pic) you are welcome.
Thanks for the review and I'll see about adding a link to it in my tune.👍👍

Got a question here for those of you who know more about transmissions than I do...which is probably everyone.:crazy:
So I was tweaking my transmissions for the FF Shootout on the speed test course and noted some odd behavior or at least odd to me. I had my Final gears and highest gears set for the desired top speeds on road course daytona. Wanted to try and get the best acceleration possible using that Final gear and top gear setting so started adjusting the other gears. I was doing all this with an automatic transmission so times using any given setting will always be identical as the car will always shift at through same point. Now the first odd thing I noticed was that a better 0-60mph or 0-100mph time didn't necessarily equate to better 1/4mile and 1mile times. Figured it was just a case of adjusting the higher gears to help the car take advantage of the quicker launch and keep it in the desired rev range. That's when I started noticing some very odd at least to me behavior. Leaving the final gear alone and only adjusting say 4th gear was having an effect on my 0-60 times.:odd: The more I messed about with things the stranger they seemed to get for me. My understanding of transmissions is that the final gear multiplies whatever gear ratio you have for a given gear. since only the selected gear and the final gear are engaged adjusting another gear shouldn't change the performance of that set. Yet for some reason in game I can't set say the Final gear 1st gear and 2nd gear for best 0-60 acceleration then change 3rd 4th 5th or 6th gear without it having an effect on my 0-60 time even though those gears aren't in use for 0-60mph. Why is this and is this how it works in real life as well or is there something up with the game?

Last edited:
Back