◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,813 comments
I liked the close racing at Spa far more than the Ferrari, personally.

I agree this weeks Ferrari combo was poor because of the games poor penalty system it was handing out. I seen Bronco get tagged a few times when clearly he wasn't even close to running out of bounds.

Indeed, I got penalized at the exit of one of the chicanes on the straight, leaving me pretty much dead in the water. I ended up getting disconnected anyway though, so it didn't really matter.

Technically there's 4 layouts to choose from for Motegi. One of them is the oval, which I quite enjoyed racing on in GT4. It was a pretty interesting track for endurance racing.

That said, I would also much rather race on one of the other layouts.

Why do I get the feeling that mopar is trying to tell us something.... ;)

I get that feeling too, but I can't quite put my finger on exactly what he's trying to say. I wish he would stop beating around the bush and just say what's on his mind.. :lol:

I think I picked up about a minute's worth of penalties the first race at La Sarthe without putting four wheels off the pavement. The in-game penalties are terrible and quite inconsistent. I saw this after two laps of practice earlier in the week.

Please, if you have a car or track selection to make, run a couple of test laps so we don't have to endure a situation like La Sarthe again.

I think I picked up about a minute's worth of penalties the first race at La Sarthe without putting four wheels off the pavement. The in-game penalties are terrible and quite inconsistent. I saw this after two laps of practice earlier in the week.

Please, if you have a car or track selection to make, run a couple of test laps so we don't have to endure a situation like La Sarthe again.

To further expand this : Run it online, in a room setup exactly how it would be run on Sunday night.

I do want to add to the "how much is too much" conversation.

I don't have any ill will against anyone from last night. I did, however, file three protests. In part because I thought I had a fantastic night, and there was some great racing, but I was spun in three races. I don't feel that my score reflects how well I did. I don't usually do well, but I was doing well (for me anyway) last night.

I'm not really upset with anyone, just... bummed out that my score is so low.

p.s. I need to get a premium account. My PM box is full from not only my protests, but protests from the other divisions.

I think I picked up about a minute's worth of penalties the first race at La Sarthe without putting four wheels off the pavement.

It was very much a case of getting a penalty if you even dared to look at the kerbs (or curbs depending on where you live) :scared:

A reminder to all SNAIL drivers about qualifying.

All drivers are expected to abide by the SNAIL OLR during qualifying just as you would during a race. This includes corner cutting and using run-off areas to maintain more speed through a corner.

Also please remember to leave some space between yourselves during the qualifying process. Racing each other will only slow down both of you.

p.s. I need to get a premium account. My PM box is full from not only my protests, but protests from the other divisions.

Please PM me your PayPal e-mail address. I'll cover the cost of a lifetime premium account. It's the least I could do considering all of your contributions to S.N.A.I.L. :)

To further expand this : Run it online, in a room setup exactly how it would be run on Sunday night.

It’s funny, because I tried the Ferrari/La Sarthe combo on my lounge with the sunday night settings and it didn’t give me any problems.
And the race on D3 wasn’t that bad, well at least for me; probably with a better balanced car it would have been funnier for everyone.

Last night, I raced one full race. For the Z4s, I had completely forgotten that we had a race, so I joined right as we started the Elise race. 30 Seconds before we started, someone said "Hey Glock, that's the wrong car.". I bought the Elise 111r and 400 miles on it and didn't even know it was the wrong one.

At la Sarthe, the first race I was first on the entire first lap and half of the 2nd lap, (MillerHD, I don't know if you filed a protest on me, but I know I pushed you inside the corner and gave you a penalty, and I'm sorry about that, it was definitely not on purpose.)then I dropped to 4th and was there until the end of the race until the LAST turn before the finish line, where I came out of the turn 5mph faster than the car in front of me, and I could have easily gotten around him, but I tried too hard and spun into the sand. So, of, course, my pedal got stuck and I had to unplug it and plug it back in. That wasted 35 seconds! The first group of cars were far enough behind, I could have still finished fourth by quite a way. ANYWAY, I ended up finishing 9th when I practically had 3rd place, so that didn't make me happy.

The second le Sarthe race, I remember I did great for a while, then I really have know idea what happened, but I know I got mad enough to leave the race and the lobby, so I don't have the replay.

So, I guess you could say it wasn't a great night for me. :mad: :mad: :mad: Also, I think Miller was the only person I really messed up, but if I hit anyone else, I apologize.

Sorry for being so lengthy...

Please PM me your PayPal e-mail address. I'll cover the cost of a lifetime premium account. It's the least I could do considering all of your contributions to S.N.A.I.L. :)
Just FYI, that information is unnecessary. Just click his name and hit "Give Premium"

It's really nice to see such generosity in this group, in this instance, and when people were buying DLC for others.

Just FYI, that information is unnecessary. Just click his name and hit "Give Premium"

It's really nice to see such generosity in this group, in this instance, and when people were buying DLC for others.

Thanks for the tip! I just completed the purchase. 👍

EDIT: Wow, the red diamond is already showing up under Vol's avatar! Very cool.

Vol, I have set your inbox free!! May your cup up of protests overfloweth! :lol:

Last edited:
SO LONG SPA
7539240482_b304d61927_h.jpg

have a Coke?
7539240802_e3a924625a_h.jpg

7539241102_fc8c971836_b.jpg

7539243328_f90aa59753_h.jpg

7539241518_d917bd7428_b.jpg

7539241964_ba1742d7a5_b.jpg

7539243002_9e2b998eca_b.jpg

7539242538_3eae03a6a8_b.jpg

It had a good run, on to something new!

A reminder to all SNAIL drivers about qualifying.

All drivers are expected to abide by the SNAIL OLR during qualifying just as you would during a race. This includes corner cutting and using run-off areas to maintain more speed through a corner.

Also please remember to leave some space between yourselves during the qualifying process. Racing each other will only slow down both of you.

esh

In the spirit of giving, Bowler is now premium! And his post should be there again!

Thanks for the tip! I just completed the purchase. 👍

EDIT: Wow, the red diamond is already showing up under Vol's avatar! Very cool.

Vol, I have set your inbox free!! May your cup up of protests overfloweth! :lol:

Awesome, thank you very much.

Is this the new GTP welfare system? Where do I sign up? :P

Man...

I live in the DC area... this is such an easy setup. And on the night of the Home Run Derby, too.

Do we go 'left' field, or to the 'right' field?

Is it ABC or FOX? Hrm... :sly:

So is Cat and Mouse definite for tonight? I've seen a bit of interest so it would be a shame if it didn't happen.

Man...

I live in the DC area... this is such an easy setup. And on the night of the Home Run Derby, too.

Do we go 'left' field, or to the 'right' field?

Is it ABC or FOX? Hrm... :sly:

I could've sworn your flag on GT5 was Canadian...

Yes, but I'm only running for an hour tonight. So everyone interest in cat and mouse be in d2 at 10 edt.

Maybe we can keep going after you leave. Not that we want to run without you, but I'd like to race as long as possible and I think we can handle it. ;)

Yes, but I'm only running for an hour tonight. So everyone interest in cat and mouse be in d2 at 10 edt.

Doh! A few of us were going to practice for the SNAIL Tuner Series in the D2 lounge tonight. Oh well, we'll just go to the D1 lounge instead.

For future reference, please keep our divisional lounge system in mind when determining where to host the weekday events. That being said, Cat & Mouse is in the D2 lounge tonight!!

Back