Ordonez confirms Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Zlork
  • 251 comments
France
France
e all knew it was coming, but now we have “confirmation” that Gran Turismo 6 is in development. Or, at least we have the word of a Nissan driver at the GT Academy finals in Warsaw.

According to a somewhat badly translated (thanks Google Translate) Polish gaming website PS3Site, one of their podcast staff met Nissan driver Lucas Ordoñez who revealed that Gran Turismo 6 is well into development. He also stated that this iteration had excellent realism and paid attention to the small details on track.

Obviously none of this is official, and despite Ordoñez’ limited involvement with the GT project, it’s unlikely he’d know the exact ins and outs of the games development.

No word on what platform it’ll appear on though, with the racing driver offering an incredibly helpful “This is a very good question …” response.

It would seem that it could well be a PS4 title, which would make sense if Sony wanted to move new hardware on launch, however it could also be the rumoured PS Vita version.

A new version of Gran Turismo 5 is set to release in September if you can’t wait until GT 6 arrives.

http://thegamershub.net/2012/07/gt-6-in-development/ :)

GT6 on Vita? Not sure about that. Spin off definately but not main series.

Anyhow GT6 was confirmed as soon as GT5 was made.
GT7 is near as dammit confirmed too. Too much money to turn down by not making it.

Someone not really related to the game's development is saying that the game we already knew was in full development is in full development?

That Gamershub link does not translate probably the most important sentence of the original article.

After Lucas concluded the detailed tracks in the upcoming game, he told something else, according to that article. And this is the sentence in original:

Dodatkowo także ich ilość w grze będzie taka, że kapelusze z głów pospadają.

I do not speak Polish and that sentence can't be properly translated by internet translators. But Polish and Croatian share many similar things and as I understand, it says pretty clearly:

The amount of (tracks) will be such that will make a hat fall of your head.

"Hat falling of your head" is common way to say how you will be amazed by something.

Best news so far.

Last edited:
GT6 on Vita? Not sure about that. Spin off definately but not main series.

Anyhow GT6 was confirmed as soon as GT5 was made.
GT7 is near as dammit confirmed too. Too much money to turn down by not making it.

Yes, I think GT6 will be released on PS3, too.

GT6 on PS4!

Developers (Polyphony Digital, Naughty Dogs etc.) already got the specs of new console generation to develope future games for PS4 release. And if you think, PD is making GT6 for PS3 hardware, you are mistaken. Maybe it will be on PS3 but inferior quality.

GT6 and PS4 in 2014, no sooner.

That Gamershub link does not translate probably the most important sentence of the original article.

After Lucas concluded the detailed tracks in the upcoming game, he told something else, according to that article. And this is the sentence in original:

I do not speak Polish and that sentence can't be properly translated by internet translators. But Polish and Croatian share many similar things and as I understand, it says pretty clearly:

"Hat falling of your head" is common way to say how you will be amazed by something.

Best news so far.

Let's hope.

Best news so far.

GT5 tracks + 5 new ones (Bathurst included) + old GT4 tracks reworked?

That would already make the track count go crazy.

Well, hopefully those amounts of tracks will be all re-made versions of all GT series, all classics. (not upscaled to HD if you know what i mean)
And of course with some that we wanted or asked for from the real world.

And i believe that this is going to be for the PS4. If it is going to have so much content and Premium cars only this time, and some missing features from GT5, it looks like it is going to be a PS4 launch title. Late 2013, early 2014.

And having in consideration by the news about the new version of GT5 for Europe and "more news to come", and again as Amar said in other thread that this is the 15th anniversary for the series. Imagine some kind of update and DLC and gifts for everybody.

Come on it's GT5, they salute every year for Christmas and give us cars for our birthday...there is no game that do something like that.

I would be more than happy with that+ improved A-Spec events and we'd all like to see more premium cars.

Best news so far.
I wonder how many will be "Standard" tracks and how many will be "Premium". Anyway by sounds of it GT6 is looking promising on physics and tracks front if translation is correct.

Come on it's GT5, they salute every year for Christmas and give us cars for our birthday...there is no game that do something like that.

That's those little things that makes it so special even with the stuff we don't like! :)

Someone not really related to the game's development is saying that the game we already knew was in full development is in full development?

I talked with him and he is helping developing GT6. He helps with physics, track choice. He just can't tell too much. He smiled when I asked him about the tracks and told him that there was information that Bathurst is being scanned :)

GT6 on PS4!

Developers (Polyphony Digital, Naughty Dogs etc.) already got the specs of new console generation to develope future games for PS4 release. And if you think, PD is making GT6 for PS3 hardware, you are mistaken. Maybe it will be on PS3 but inferior quality.

GT6 and PS4 in 2014, no sooner.

And you are a fool for believing this since it makes sense to use resources already available when all they have to do is tweak some stuff. Makes sense

I talked with him and he is helping developing GT6. He helps with physics, track choice. He just can't tell too much. He smiled when I asked him about the tracks and told him that there was information that Bathurst is being scanned :)

Good to have someone who is good at virtual and real helping with physics 👍.

Hype train go!

PD must have learned from their mistake of overhyping GT5 so much. If this were hyped the way gt5 was, it'd probably be on its second trailer by now flashing everything it has. By that stage in GT5's development, it was never going to live up to expectations. Surely they wont do it again

Best news so far.
It's certainly not a common phrase where I come from (Poznan), but I can only guess it would mean "amazing" or "shocking".

Great news. More tracks should be one of PD's top priorities for GT6. 👍

Just another speculation thread, of which we have many of already. My approach, I don't get into the whole speculation thing. I just play the game we have and until something is officially anounced by Sony/PD, I don't worry about it.

Every new GT is confirmed to be in development right after the last one is released.

And remember that even when its release is fully confirmed by PD(something that hasn't happened), a very LOOOONG time before the game is actually released could go on.

So this means nothing.

I'm sure many of these new tracks will be original courses from previous GTs. The question is, will they release them as we know them or will they alter them too much. I really disliked how Grand Valley became an overly technical mess from GT4 onward when it was a smooth, flowing high speed circuit from GT1-GT3. How will SSR11 look like? We will just have to wait.

sweet, i hope there are no standard cars anymore. (:

Shooting for the moon.
I can already tell expectations are too high for this game.

As for the article, nothing new. Though it is interesting to know he'll be involved in making the game. First a full racing scholarship into the big leagues and now a part in making one of the world's best selling racing sims. PD are really supporting these guys.

I'm sure many of these new tracks will be original courses from previous GTs. The question is, will they release them as we know them or will they alter them too much. I really disliked how Grand Valley became an overly technical mess from GT4 onward when it was a smooth, flowing high speed circuit from GT1-GT3. How will SSR11 look like? We will just have to wait.

I'm with you in that regard although I liked SSR5 redesign the more I play on the circuit.

As you say some stages don't need a redesign cause sometimes it makes them feel a bit off in this case Grand Valley it actually feels more fake then ever before compared to GT3. (I do know GVSW(Grand Valley) is a fake course).

Back