Calling all track designers, show off your work!

• Thread starter glassjaw
  • 1,273 comments
Stadford Intl. Raceway
StadfordIntlRaceway.jpg

I'm properly loving the look of this, particularly the southern short circuit, with the first half complex (assuming it's anti-clockwise). Very nice job. Ooh, also:

genericw.png

Midoriyama International Raceway & Test Course

Last edited:
I'm properly loving the look of this, particularly the southern short circuit, with the first half complex (assuming it's anti-clockwise). Very nice job. Ooh, also:

genericw.png

Midoriyama International Raceway & Test Course

I asked about directionality; no answer.

Also, your Test Track goes to prove that SSRX could be made to have normal circuit racing too. I like your ideas. I have an idea, too, which I'll upload at some point.

Sorry for the late response but yes that track was anti-clockwise.

Oh and here is another one - Crystalfield Intl. Circuit
CrystalfieldIntlCircuit.jpg

I regularly drive this route and have always thought it'd be an exciting rally stage.
It's all road, starts off in a narrow, twisty fast road. Very bumpy with pinch points and small bridges. It then opens up on to a long smooth part with a high speed chicane. Then some small twisty bits with long straights in between. Ends going through country lanes with very poor visibility and a small wideish straight for the finish line.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5581044

Also this is a route that used to be held every year near where I live, always loved to watch rally cars charge through the middle of the town centre which is usually bustling with people.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5581060

Day time:
bournemouth-gardens.jpg

Rally time:

Miyakzaka Motorplex
MiyakzakaMotorplex.jpg

I really like how this one turned out, it has up to 7 potential variations and it runs clockwise.

Also I like that Vatican course very much.

Miyakzaka Motorplex
MiyakzakaMotorplex.jpg

I really like how this one turned out, it has up to 7 potential variations and it runs clockwise.

This^^ 👍 Reminds me of Suzuka and Grand Valley smushed together; and you chose the fun sections of both. Also, it's still so clean looking; which software did you use?

It's really all figuring out how to use the curve tool :P It works rather well for chaining corners and for more complex corners I start a corner and erase the excess line to adjust the apex and set a new endpoint.

Inspired by my viewing of the Olympic Men's Road Cycle Race as it made it's way past Hampton Court Palace today, I have created a circuit based around the Olympic Men's Time Trial Road Cycling Course.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5582951

Please comment on this, I am particularly proud of this one!

And I still can't work out if I'll be back in The Netherlands when the marathon's are run. I'm confused. I need to get my dates worked out.

Last edited:
Thanks! I've taken quite a few inspirations, and oddly enough that wasn't one of them. I threw a bit of Suzuka East in there, a little reminds me of Albacete, and there's even a bit of the Malay Extreme circuit from MotoGP3 U.R.T.

Right, here's another one. Quite a lot going on here.

gt24.png

Four tracks going on here: GP, club, 24hr GT and oval.

GP (21 turns, 5140m, 3.21mi): A mixed track, containing both long, fast straights as well as a tight complex. The entry into 6 and the exit out of 7 is interesting, as it goes underneath the oval course. The key to winning on this track is driving the complex from 8-17 to set yourself up for the 860m straightaway.

Club (6 turns, 2195m, 1.37mi): The short circuit, skipping out turn 5-20 with a wide 168-degree right hander.

24hr GT (24 turns, 6300m, 3.94mi): The circuit used for the prestigious 24hr GT race every year. Instead of taking turn 6, the track ascends onto the oval, round one turn of the superspeedway, and back down onto the main course through two sweepers.

Superspeedway (2 turns, 1600m, 1mi): A mile oval with low banking, the only track variation to go anti-clockwise. The pit lane has an interesting feature: to allow the 24hr course to access the oval, part of the pit lane is temporary, allowing the pit lane to be split into two sections with the track running through the middle. Of course, this is never used when oval races take place.

Some of my tracks

WzWFv.jpg

Nek3f.jpg

ghZna.jpg

Figured if Toscana had a course maker venue, Leige should have its own track

zJlXU.jpg

(Yes, I am aware that there is a road course with the same exact name, but I always found Red Rock as a name more fitting for a rally course)

7nNfJ.jpg

Motocross style rally track. Could something like this be possible?

2XdHq.jpg

Had to work it all out so it would make sense, sorry if its a little hard to tell where the track actually is,

8SZoy.jpg

LfUtE.jpg

Suzuka much?

There are some awesome ideas around here. I need to design one for short course/rallycross/ultra4 in the south. It seems it lacks a track period and no one has built one using all 3 styles together it seems. Glen Helen/Miller Motorsports Park both have short course/ultra4

Here you are.

picture.php

I can't understand the layout here, for the life of me, and it seems like a never ending corner. :( Roger, your work is normally brilliant, but, I'm not sure about this big round layout thing you've got going.

I can't understand the layout here, for the life of me, and it seems like a never ending corner. :( Roger, your work is normally brilliant, but, I'm not sure about this big round layout thing you've got going.

Thanks, I was kind of going for the "never ending corner" thing though. To be honest it didn't come out how I wanted, so I've updated it a bit now.

picture.php

My aim was to make something like a cross between Monza and Suzuka.

Back