PURE | LILOO - Elise, I Love You | *Round 4 tonight*

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 733 comments

Race day

• Total voters
Is there any spaces free ? Last time I check you had a full room so I never bothered to sign up for pre-season race.

Great race guys, I had fun.

Race Report

I messed up my Q laps (Just didn't push the car) and somehow got luckily and nailed P4. I think the track was slow plus half the field lost tire noise.

We used a reveres grid line for setting the cars. Then the room went mad on me and I couldn't see all the cars.

Then it fixed it's self, only to mess me up and start me in P7.

I did my best to get through the field and made it up to iced_16's bumper only to find out he was lagging, I tried to stay a safe distance behind him as we did our best to drag in Twissy and Tony. It felt like the rooms pace was back but I just couldn't find my rhythm for 35s.

He made it to their draft and I slipped in with him, I was still seeing to much lag so every time I was close to 16 I was worried about a crash. Somehow Tony out gunned us all and broke away never to be seen again, I felt like I was holding back and tried to over take Twissy and help with pushing 16 but the lag was still iffy so I pulled off and just let twissy do the work.

I can't remember how it happened but Twissy and I pulled out of 16s drafting range and I thought I could hang with Twissy but then my component cables came loose and my screen started flickering, then luckily on the straight, it just cut out. I pressed the start butting and jumped up and pushed the cables back in the PS3. By the time I was done I was way off twissy and it looked like Safety-_-Car was going to take 3rd, so after a few laps with a screen still flickering I pitted. I may have beaten my last Spa record for slowest pit stop.

After all was sorted it was Safety-_-Car, Litchi and myself gunning for 3rd.

A few laps later Litchi and I broke a gap from Safety-_-Car and we started putting in laps. Mean while around this time Tony was running blistering lap times (A 34.9 came up).

In the final laps I my screen was flickering slightly but it held up. In the final chicane we both came in hard, I pulled a crossover and just beat him to the line in a drag race. Safety-_-Car would have had us if it was a 24 lap race. I think we both had over heated the tires.

So, great race again guys, it was great seeing new racers and I'm glad I'm on Tonys team 👍. Hopefully I'll pull some weight when I get back into racing with SH tires.

Well, of course (cause we all know that GT5 doesn't like when we run some "gtp races" lol), we had some problems with tire noise, Quali, etc, etc...
But we can already forget this cause hopefully, we don't use this quali procedure in this series :).

I was surprised how we all were "slow" in quali btw (excepting tony). 1st, i thought the room was dead but i hit a 35.6 in race so i finally thought the room was indeed fine.

My start was not very the best of my life but wasn't so bad. I braked a little too late at the end of the main straight which cost me 4 places. Now, the fight could begin.
As usual, I start my races slowly and with some mistakes but i finally manage to keep a good pace and rejoin the pack. This is what i done today. And come back after mistake is definitely not an easy work with this car, plus, on this track.

I hoped to catch the podium but Carra was a little bit better on the throttle, in the final corner. (Sometimes, i really want to have a wheel and solve this throttle issue...).

All in all, it was a nice race with good battles, shame on Zikwik and Michouw for this awful lag :( .

I'll update the results and stuff tomorrow i think.

:cheers:

Greetings!

Ok, my impressions: Ok qualy but i felt i could go faster. 1. lap was ok, was quicker in second but made a mistake so abandoned flying lap. (untipical for me in qualifying).

IN race, ok start and ''cleared'' set objective. It was to maintain same position and pass first corner and eau rouge without contacts and damage. First few laps we were in nice group of 3-4 drivers. Then ''mr. Alien'' suddenly flew away... :D
Later made a series of little mistakes and dropped from the group. Pitstop was very slow, lost 2-3 seconds compared to others, not a big deal, but in this particular situation it just dropped me out of drafting with cold tires.
For the rest of the race tried to catch up with Safety, and then with others but couldn't make it happen. All in all, pretty much disappointed with the race, as i struggled with the pace whole race.

Litchi, about qualification system. Tell me if there is any flaws in this: We go out and set our times just like yesterday. But instead of driving whole ''one lap race'', we can just get out of pits and line up on 2nd corner in order we qualified (you call out names, from quickest to slowest). When we line up, you just start the race and we will be lined on a grid like we were on a ''that'' corner. Note: Track reset before after qualy and before lining up. Tell me what you think! Cheers!

I missed the race because somehow 1900 GMT translated in my brain to 1900 EDT. :boggled:

Litchi, about qualification system. Tell me if there is any flaws in this: We go out and set our times just like yesterday. But instead of driving whole ''one lap race'', we can just get out of pits and line up on 2nd corner in order we qualified (you call out names, from quickest to slowest). When we line up, you just start the race and we will be lined on a grid like we were on a ''that'' corner. Note: Track reset before after qualy and before lining up. Tell me what you think! Cheers!
Yea, of course we know this procedure and she's fine. But for that, we have to reset the track before. And i didn't want to reset one more time yesterday especially because of the tire noise glitch.
For the next preseason race, we will use the weekly qualifier so it'll be much easier.
On the race day, I'll reset the track 20mn before the green flag. Then, everyone will go on track for testing tire noise. When everyone is fine, they back in the lobby and i'll call every drivers one by one for line up and follow the race procedure written in the OP (parade lap, park in the correct grid spot, etc) ;)

I missed the race because somehow 1900 GMT translated in my brain to 1900 EDT. :boggled:
Nevermind, no worry. Hope to see you @ Suzi ;)

Yeah on the subject of slow pit stops make sure you don't choose to have fuel because that's ruined my race a couple times!

Quali deadline in:
img.php

Don't miss it guys ;)

I'm going to Q tonight I think. I'm stuck in the 16s at Suzuka and sadly that's not going to hold for much.

I need to ask is it possible that I simply start race from last position, if I miss qualification window for any reason?

I need to ask is it possible that I simply start race from last position, if I miss qualification window for any reason?

Sure, it's possible to strat from the back of the field ;)

Anyone needs i open a room at the moment?

Last edited:
Read the text below the picture

Room Open:
1472 6399 8580 0419 7184

Start Grid

Quali Deadline:
img.php

raceinfopresaison2.png

Room is open. Everyone is welcome to join for practice.

Start Procedure has changed

Room will be set to 28 laps (27 race laps + 1 formation lap). But there's no rolling start. Everyone must park his car in the correct grid spot at the end of the formation lap and the Green Flag is given when the timer hits 4:00

We won't have to line up just before the race. We will do it during the formation lap (as usual in a rolling start PURE Series).

For more information regarding this start procedure, check this video!

Last edited:
imo, option 2. :)

but, you really should go for what ever works better for you.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to withdraw. :( My school schedule on Fridays is more hectic than I thought it would be, and I'd probably end up missing a lot of races, including tomorrow. Sorry guys.

Due to the tire temp bug, we will have 2 options tomorrow:
1. Room will be open at the normal time (18.00 UTC) and the track will be closed until the start line up procedure. It means that practice in the room prior the race will be not allowed.
2. Room will be open at the normal time (18.00 UTC), track will be open for practice. I leave to open a new room (18.45 UTC) and when everyone is in the room, we can start the Parade Lap / line up procedure.

Which solution seems the better for you?

If you have any question regarding the Parade lap / line up procedure, please ask it ;)
There's no point in opening the room an hour early if nobody can drive until the race starts, is there?
So yeah, option 2.

Back