PURE | LILOO - Elise, I Love You | *Round 4 tonight*

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 733 comments

Race day

• Total voters
IDEA đź’ˇ

Why don't we use this start procedure... (watch the vid from 5:00)

Positive points:
- No need to open a new room just prior the race
- No need to line up before the race (cause we can do it during the parade lap)
- No need to cross finger by thinking "will the grid be correct at the start?"

Negative point:
- False start check is entirely up to the drivers...

IDEA đź’ˇ

Why don't we use this start procedure... (watch the vid from 5:00)

Positive points:
- No need to open a new room just prior the race
- No need to line up before the race (cause we can do it during the parade lap)
- No need to cross finger by thinking "will the grid be correct at the start?"

Negative point:
- False start check is entirely up to the drivers...

I have been in a couple series that do that and it sorta works. We have the host type out the start time (go at 3:00 for example). False and late starts came up often thought.

Seeing all the positives that can provide this starting procedure, I really want to test it with you tonight guys.

I'm home now, am I still able to race or is it too late? and I race in a kart championship that uses basically the same start procedure and so far its been fine.

I'm gonna be a bit late probs be in the room at :50 or 55 :/ hope you don't mind.

Phaedrus and Safety-_-Car, We are waiting for you.

We have serious issues with Wolf, he's disconnected from the room every 30secs...

Phaedrus and Safety-_-Car, We are waiting for you.

We have serious issues with Wolf, he's disconnected from the room every 30secs...

Yeah I'm done for tonight. It was all good during qualifying so I guess it was too good to be true. :grumpy:

Impossible to stop me in the pit.
I had 2 drive through.
Because of it, a skid causing an accident.
The Broken car and always impossible to enter the pit.

To end, black screen at the end of the race.

black race for me.

Sorry to see the connect issues wolf.

Good race fellas. Congrats Tony. Was fun for the most part, no complaints besides messing myself up. Should be a good series with tight racing in a few groups.

Last edited:
I had 2 drive through.

black race for me.

Sorry to hear that Dark :( Thought the race went weel for you when i seen you were 6th on my screen.

Well, biggest point was the start procedure. I fairly think this one works very fine. Right? Maybe we can improve this start system but idk how for now.

Regarding the damages, i finally want to come back on my words. Maybe we should listen Edward.
I haven't been affected to damages at Spa and Suzuka either. But i don't want to think only for myself, i'm not egoist. And when i see some guys frustrated due to a damage caused by a light touching, i'm really sad for them. I still wonder if we should run this series with light or heavy damages...

FTW, my son came in the room with "chocolate". Sorry to carracer for the bump/probable damage, I tried to keep in it for a bit, but it's too hard to do anything extra while driving without crashing.
Pre-season, decided to just stay out, race was over for me anyway.

I pretty much prefer light damage for reasons exactly like this, and lag accidents of course. If I had a dime for every time my gf or son came in and borrowed some attention ending in me crashing I could quit working. :P

FTW, my son came in the room with "chocolate". Sorry to carracer for the bump/probable damage, I tried to keep in it for a bit, but it's too hard to do anything extra while driving without crashing.
Pre-season, decided to just stay out, race was over for me anyway.

I pretty much prefer light damage for reasons exactly like this, and lag accidents of course. If I had a dime for every time my gf or son came in and borrowed some attention ending in me crashing I could quit working. :P

No problem, I slowed down thinking you were on the outside. I'm sure that didn't help.
Damage + my lack of driving skill with damage = I'm out of the race.

I'd go with light damage as well. Worked really well with the last Lotus spec series Mule ran, just saying.

But I hope you guys had a good one today. I can't wait to join you guys once I'm back from Racecamp. I'm leaving for England in 24 hours from now, so I'll stay in touch, obviously the NDA won't let me say anything significant.

Cheers for a week :cheers:

No problem, I slowed down thinking you were on the outside. I'm sure that didn't help.
Damage + my lack of driving skill with damage = I'm out of the race.
I could tell you slowed a bit much, but I still wouldn't have normally hit you, certainly not hard enough for damage for either of us anyway. :indiff:
At least it was preseason. :)

I'd go with light damage as well. Worked really well with the last Lotus spec series Mule ran, just saying.

But I hope you guys had a good one today. I can't wait to join you guys once I'm back from Racecamp. I'm leaving for England in 24 hours from now, so I'll stay in touch, obviously the NDA won't let me say anything significant.

Cheers for a week :cheers:
Go Eddie!

I had 2 drive through.

black race for me.

I haven't looked at the replay yet so i'm not sure if i caused damage when I knocked you off. You didn't seem to have any after you recovered so I'm hoping all was fine, either way i'm sorry.

Thought I'd say I have a practice room open just now :P, if anyone wants to join.

1472 - 6118 -3830 - 2748 -3887

Closed 1'43.4 PB so far for indy struggling with the last section as usual, will get a few more laps later :D.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the replay yet so i'm not sure if i caused damage when I knocked you off. You didn't seem to have any after you recovered so I'm hoping all was fine, either way i'm sorry.

No you did not cause me damages.
I saw that it was not voluntary and that you had tried to avoid contact. No problem my friend.
However I lost my concentration during a short moment.

Here is a stable base tune for indy. Thanks to Mich đź‘Ť

photofqu.jpg

Here's a tune I used today to practise at Indy:

Ballast: -30

Ride height: 10 / -10
Spring rate: 15 / 15
Dampers E: 1 / 5
Dampers C: 1 / 5
Roll Bar: 1 / 7

Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: 0.00 / 0.00

LSD: 5 / 22 / 60

Gears
Final Gear: 3.570
Max speed: 180 km/h (112 mph)
(set final gear to 5.500 first, then max speed to 180 and then final gear to 3.570 and gear ratios)

Brakes: 6/2

This tune makes the rear of the car pretty loose but it still remains drivable. It might not suit DS3 users though.

Wow, I know you use very crazy tunes Zik and i dont understand how you can go so fast with. Well done mate đź‘Ť .

For now, i'm stuck in the high 42ish, i know Zik is 41ish.

Wow, I know you use very crazy tunes Zik and i dont understand how you can go so fast with. Well done mate đź‘Ť .

For now, i'm stuck in the high 42ish, i know Zik is 41ish.

41ish like 41.2XX? or 41.8XX?

Back