PURE | CALM - Hey, it's mixed class Le Mans endurance racing.

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,128 comments
2nd was a massive surprise. I thought my pace pace ok but not quite enough to hold you guys. I knew that with the amount of time left I had two options either try stretch the last stint to 35 mins or just do two stints as fast as possible. I ended up taking the later due to the fact I felt I didn't have enough fuel and didn't want to try drive the R8 on rims.

I kept plugging away a second or so a lap and thought with 4-5 to go being 25+ behind I had no chance of catching anyone. Then with 2 and a bit to go Litchi pitted seemingly with no fuel. I was also catching Tim really fast this lap, his tyres seemed dead and passed after Ascari. I completed the next lap behind Wii around 13 seconds behind. He was in pits but passed after the 1:30 marker so I wrote. "Chequr ?" Mispelled I know, a little confused I drove round one more time to make sure I got 2nd, where we confirmed the race was over :).

In real life. No. On GT5 trying to run other GT1 cars. It is. :)

It sound like crap. It drives like a boat. Funny the chassis is wicked fast in real life.

I'm not so sure it's that bad compared to the other cars in this series, I mean my fastest lap was .3 slower than wii. Tire wear I couldn't really say as I've not really driven any of the other cars or watched when their tires drop off. Don't get mean wrong I've had my problems with this car aswell....... LeMans was a 🤬 Nightmare :lol:

Green
I'm not so sure it's that bad compared to the other cars in this series, I mean my fastest lap was .3 slower than wii. Tire wear I couldn't really say as I've not really driven any of the other cars or watched when their tires drop off. Don't get mean wrong I've had my problems with this car aswell....... LeMans was a 🤬 Nightmare :lol:

I think the issue was on my end. Just had the tire bug where my tire wouldn't warm in my Camaro. Having been in the room wrote reset killed tire noise and car was gripping and mean. Came back and first chicane it over shot exit. Was like tires still cold. Next two laps same thing. seen my tires go white and then pushed then hard to red. Exit turn. They go back med blue. Like when you enter the track. I then knew this must of plagued me in Vette. It just wouldn't grip.

fast lap says different. ;)
I did that while following in your draft though :lol: For the most part I was doing 47's, although I was holding back a bit as I had traction control set to 1 to help extend the life of my tires as much as possible.

Owens don't leave man, see it thru!

Maybe next season we could finally run a GTE only series since it gains more popularity?

Effectively that would be Blanchpain but instead of GT3s, GTEs :P.

2nd was a massive surprise. I thought my pace pace ok but not quite enough to hold you guys. I knew that with the amount of time left I had two options either try stretch the last stint to 35 mins or just do two stints as fast as possible. I ended up taking the later due to the fact I felt I didn't have enough fuel and didn't want to try drive the R8 on rims.

I kept plugging away a second or so a lap and thought with 4-5 to go being 25+ behind I had no chance of catching anyone. Then with 2 and a bit to go Litchi pitted seemingly with no fuel. I was also catching Tim really fast this lap, his tyres seemed dead and passed after Ascari. I completed the next lap behind Wii around 13 seconds behind. He was in pits but passed after the 1:30 marker so I wrote. "Chequr ?" Mispelled I know, a little confused I drove round one more time to make sure I got 2nd, where we confirmed the race was over :).

You made the right call.
I was in the same boat, not wanting to stop again but not sure if I could make the flag. I gave myself enough fuel in the 2nd stop to go the distance, but I wasn't sure I could stretch the tires. Gave it my best effort but came up a lap short as you witnessed. ;)
The rears hit the 0-traction mark the lap after you went around, but I needed to do another lap or two so had no choice but to pop in to pit lane.

Two short stints at the end was definitely the winner.

Effectively that would be Blanchpain but instead of GT3s, GTEs :P.

I'm with that, I watch that on Speed2.com good stuff!
My favorite thing about this series or even endurance racing in general is the amount of time in-between races (2-4wks) to get prepared for the big show. I run a lot of timed test and all the practice is worth it when your racing for 2hrs plus its consistent and clean! 👍

I'll be ready to qualify Thursday for this event'

I've been given Steve's fastest lap on the monza results :P, this is unexceptable :lol: hehe

Maybe next season we could finally run a GTE only series since it gains more popularity?

I'm very keen on doing this next season. I've been stalking this thread all season long.

I've been given Steve's fastest lap on the monza results :P, this is unexceptable :lol: hehe

That's what happens when I type from the couch... I can fix it if you know what it should be.

I'm sure it was 46.673.....Is it sad that I remembered that :lol:, It was the the highlight of my race :dopey:.

Anyway good job on updating the results 👍

I actually considered making this GTE only for the last race, how about it?

I think the issue was on my end. Just had the tire bug where my tire wouldn't warm in my Camaro. Having been in the room wrote reset killed tire noise and car was gripping and mean. Came back and first chicane it over shot exit. Was like tires still cold. Next two laps same thing. seen my tires go white and then pushed then hard to red. Exit turn. They go back med blue. Like when you enter the track. I then knew this must of plagued me in Vette. It just wouldn't grip.

Attention:
This tire bug is real guys, Will and I informed iforce on Saturday that we did not believe this tire bug was real. He told us what to do, and we saw it for our own eyes. The most ironic part is that the bug also affects me, and most likely a lot of us that haven't been looking closely enough.

There is a simple solution though, thankfully.
Race and qualifying rooms must be created with the course that will be raced, and the track can never be changed, no more track resets before the race.

I believe most of us have been wondering why we reset the track in the first place, and I believe, in an incredible twist of irony, we originally reset the room to prevent the tire bug.

Dom: Does this mean that the days of live quali 15 minutes prior race is over?
Caus if we do, we need to reset the track to erase all practice lap times..

Or are we going to have to have a spectator for each quali run in the future.. Just note the time, but no reset prior race?

Dom: Does this mean that the days of live quali 15 minutes prior race is over?
Caus if we do, we need to reset the track to erase all practice lap times..

Or are we going to have to have a spectator for each quali run in the future.. Just note the time, but no reset prior race?
I believe the system Will links is pretty much as you describe, half the field q's while half watches and writes times down. It's also good for having a single or double flying hot lap qualifying live.
No Den, it's not over, Check this.
(this system works only if the start is a rolling start cause the grid will be wrong for a standing start)
This was my favorite part of 3D3, when we ran the live qualifying sessions with people watching, then switching.:)

You can also do it by simply making the official race room shortly before qualifying and not allow cars on track. If you want grid start, of course.

You can also do it by simply making the official race room shortly before qualifying and not allow cars on track. If you want grid start, of course.

Then we run into the glitch where people's times don't show up on the timing sheet in "watch race" mode, like what happened in the Camaros.

I believe most of us have been wondering why we reset the track in the first place, and I believe, in an incredible twist of irony, we originally reset the room to prevent the tire bug.

we did resets to clear the old lap times that way the grid works out correctly

MÜLE_9242;7517456
Then we run into the glitch where people's times don't show up on the timing sheet in "watch race" mode, like what happened in the Camaros.

yeah, exactly. There's another bug where the timing screen is detached from reality. Happens to me when people connect and we race on the track I opened the room with. Track reset always fixes it. Which your saying induces another bug. :irked:

I have a feeling this really only eliminates pre-qualifying warm-up. I haven't tested it but anecdotal observation leads me to hypothesize that the timing and scoring bug comes from people connecting while other's are on track in free-run.

So it might have to go like this:

1. make room on correct track
2. set stuff up
3. people join up
--- at no point before here does anyone enter the track
4. start q1 (1/2 the field watching)
5. post times on forum
6. start q2 (previous runners watching)
7. post and sort final order on forum
8. roll out and park in order
9. hit start and shake tikki doll over your head

I'm sure it was 46.673.....Is it sad that I remembered that :lol:, It was the the highlight of my race :dopey:.

Anyway good job on updating the results 👍

fixed.

Last edited:
Yeah Tim, I guess that's the most safe way of doing it.. But the pre-quali open track sessions are fun as well.. :(

joetruckv8

I'm truly having trouble making time to tune for all the series. As well the low turn outs and my lack of enjoyment in the Vette compiles.

I'll go with tentative participation for now. :)

An option for this and GATE where we q during the week. We all join a practice room. 5 till race. Host of race room leaves with car count and opens new room with exact car count. We all join and do checks. Enter course. Race. No randoms. No track changes. Lil more effort but eliminates a few big head aches.

Last edited:
An option for this and GATE where we q during the week. We all join a practice room. 5 till race. Host of race room leaves with car count and opens new room with exact car count. We all join and do checks. Enter course. Race. No randoms. No track changes. Lil more effort but eliminates a few big head aches.

That's a good idea! 👍
Ofc more of a hazzle than it should be, but what to do? :(

No track reset really not a problem with rolling starts, we just sort out on the formation. That's why I made the point to specify "no pre-qualifying warmup" ... if there's no qualifying and no grid start there's no real problem with not resetting the track.

I'm tuning for Fugi/GT at the moment, I hope we still are running this?
Out of the box lap time was 1'38's

Top the night off hit 1'36'8xx

Last edited:
I'm tuning for Fugi/GT at the moment, I hope we still are running this?
Out of the box lap time was 1'38's

Top the night off hit 1'36'8xx

Unless some miracle happens and we get a full room I'm definitely out this week. I have shingles going down the Radial Nerve on my right arm.

h9991449_001.jpg

Continuous mild pain is something I'll only put up with for full-participation fun.

I'm not exactly sure how to handle the last couple races.

I'm gonna be in England for a week starting tomorrow so I can't obviously make the race this Sunday. So first things first, I'll need to get a show of "hands" (just post) on who's planning on making it. Then we can follow that up with suggestions and I'll decide on something tomorrow before I'm fully out of the country (long first leg flight to Philadelphia.

Latest Posts

Back