FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No pointing fingers!.... it's both your faults :lol:

Haven't played since GT5 came out. Maybe I should get back to the Island and find you guys :dopey:

We've got a saying...

They always come back to the island. :lol: Roj and I aren't hard to miss considering our names are what they are everywhere else.

Yeah but since when did an energy drink cost 10 grand for a bottle? So maybe it's that mittron is actually stupidly cheap and mito is just extremely weak currency? :lol:

:lol: Yeah but we blame you for dragging us into it in the first place!
That could be true. :lol:

You can't blame me for something that happened like 3 years ago. :lol:
No pointing fingers!.... it's both your faults :lol:

Haven't played since GT5 came out. Maybe I should get back to the Island and find you guys :dopey:
You should totally come and play with us. Then we'll make Onboy play and XDesperado and the rest. :P
You, go help your brother-from-another-mother (RJ, I mean) out and help him build his Altenza. :dopey:

I can't do crap on GT5 anymore. I haven't played for ages. :lol: Anyway back on topic people. This isn't the RKM thread. :lol:

That could be true. :lol:

You can't blame me for something that happened like 3 years ago. :lol:

I totally can! :lol: Also, it was 4 years and going on 4 months ago for me. :P

You should totally come and play with us. Then we'll make Onboy play and XDesperado and the rest. :P

Hyes!

I can't do crap on GT5 anymore. I haven't played for ages. :lol: Anyway back on topic people. This isn't the RKM thread. :lol:

toldyousoOnboy. :lol:

---

Anyway yeah, sometime tomorrowish we (Onboy and I) shoulllld be getting to work on something. Whether it's an Atenza or BTR, I'm not sure yet and I won't be until first round of BTR testing. :lol:

VTiRoj

I would have to start a new account (forgot my last one :dunce: )

Right back on subject - I have about 7 or so cars to test and then I'll get to work

Anyway yeah, sometime tomorrowish we (Onboy and I) shoulllld be getting to work on something. Whether it's an Atenza or BTR, I'm not sure yet and I won't be until first round of BTR testing. :lol:

Well…it'll help if you gave me something to work with, anything at all would suffice. :lol: I'm not exactly good with Rufs of the BTR's era. :lol:

Hi Ugabugaz, it'd be great to have you involved. If you can volunteer to test one group of 5-8 cars it's :)

Otherwise it's :(, I'm afraid.

Sure, I can test. If you want, give me a random group to test, I'd rather not pick, so many of them! Otherwise I'll just pick one I guess. In any case you guys better watch out for my currently white car :)

I think I may have found something 60/40 that might do for me. Still not as fast or easy as the one I mentioned before but it isn't too far back on AR with no tuning. Gonna take it to HSRR and give it a tweak and see how it does.

Edit: Right, just spanked my previous fast lap by a good .8 seconds. I think I'll tune that up and see what I can make it do. :mischievous:

Last edited:
For tuner's experiences, does chassis reinforcement yield better lap times on most car ? Should I do it ?
I've never confirmed it making a car faster, but I have confirmed it making some cars slower.
The one benefit is as OnBoy said, for cars with crazy scary oversteer.(Yellowbird, etc)

Think I'll switch to another car that's actually a little slower but has so much more class. Premium too. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me, and even if it does, hell my ride has class. Same manufacturer tho so at least it's still in the family.

Edit: After applying my general purpose tune for the drive-train...It's actually not slower at all. Broke into 11's on HSR-R. I think 21's will be possible on AR.

Edit 2: 21.4 on AR - So happy about this little car.

Last edited:
I've never confirmed it making a car faster, but I have confirmed it making some cars slower.
The one benefit is as OnBoy said, for cars with crazy scary oversteer.(Yellowbird, etc)

I've found it to help quite a lot with cars where suspension changes don't seem to actually do anything.

And then there are some cars (very early Evos for example) which are still too floppy to respond to anything less than extremes.

He'd have to test though, which is hard with no PS3. Unless you lift the restriction specifically for him. :lol:
Well if someone wants to host it and is willing to help me tailor the parts selection and gearing for it... I'll run it.
Since RJ's PS3 is busted, I'm happy to make an exception for him regarding the tuner = tester rule.
*something bugging me....BRB...<checks tester list>....hmmm RJ is listed as a tester for Group D (due to this post). Have I missed an update? RJ, should you be removed from the tester list?

You're welcome to choose your car, but I challenge and beg you to enter an FF!

Sure, I can test. If you want, give me a random group to test, I'd rather not pick, so many of them! Otherwise I'll just pick one I guess. In any case you guys better watch out for my currently white car :)
Thanks, I'd rather assign you anyway, cos I'm trying to juggle the testers so that all groups have enough yet no-one is testing their own group (unless they are testing all groups).

A white car?? Don't give too many secrets away!
So if Uga proves that white is faster during the group round, will other tuners be allowed to repaint their car before the final round?? :odd: :lol:

Last edited:
No fair! So much for a variety of cars. Mine is white too! Sort of. Kind of. Not that you can tell what with the wheels being so...loud. :odd::D I suppose I can let my cat out of the bag now that I have decided...

We'll see how competitive it is but at least it is a fun drive. :dopey:

And no, you cannot have it, Roj. :P

Last edited:
Since RJ's PS3 is busted, I'm happy to make an exception for him regarding the tuner = tester rule.
*something bugging me....BRB...<checks tester list>....hmmm RJ is listed as a tester for Group D (due to this post). Have I missed an update? RJ, should you be removed from the tester list?

You're welcome to choose your car, but I challenge and beg you to enter an FF!

You think? It's hard to test with my lack of skills, even harder for RJ with no PS3 to display whatever skill he may have! :lol:

That relies entirely on me screwing up the BTR…:D

I got carried away tuning so many cars to 460pp, here is a brief list of what I've tuned and some I am about to tune :

Ruf Yellowbird
Honda CRX Del Sol
Alfa 147 GTA
Subaru Legacy Blitzen
Audi RS6
Nissan Fairlady 280ZL
Toyota Supra SZ-R
Toyota Supra 2.5 Twin Turbo
Opel Speedster
Mitsubishi FTO GPX "Nakaya Tune" replica :)
and so many more cars I have in mind ...

Can someone tell me exactly what this is and how I enter and what needs to be done? I read the OP but I'm still very confused. Are we tuning for time or tuning for a race against others?

Can someone tell me exactly what this is and how I enter and what needs to be done? I read the OP but I'm still very confused. Are we tuning for time or tuning for a race against others?

Take any car, ballast the car so that it has either 60/40 or 40/60 weight distribution. Build the car to 460PP, stick on some Sport Soft tyres and take it to Autumn Ring and High Speed Ring Reverse. Your car will then be run by tester drivers, offline, in a Time Attack fashion...

{Cy}

I got carried away tuning so many cars to 460pp, here is a brief list of what I've tuned and some I am about to tune :

Ruf Yellowbird
Honda CRX Del Sol
Alfa 147 GTA
Subaru Legacy Blitzen
Audi RS6
Nissan Fairlady 280ZL
Toyota Supra SZ-R
Opel Speedster
Mitsubishi FTO GPX "Nakaya Tune" replica :)
and so many more cars I have in mind ...

*collapses* :lol:

How do you do it? I mean, I've got, what, 3 cars including RJ's car to drive, and I'm pretty much worn out after spending the day trying to get something decent in terms of pace with the BTR of his. :lol: Not all that successfully, mind you.

How do you do it? I mean, I've got, what, 3 cars including RJ's car to drive, and I'm pretty much worn out after spending the day trying to get something decent in terms of pace with the BTR of his. :lol: Not all that successfully, mind you.

How did you spend "the day" doing all of 5 laps with two different settings? o.O

How did you spend "the day" doing all of 5 laps with two different settings? o.O

That's an exaggeration on my part, granted, but you don't think I only did 5 laps with each setting (i.e 10 laps in total), right? :lol: Anyway, the BTR's out, so Nomis, your dreams of a FF showing its nose-heavy face here has come true somewhat. :lol:

*collapses* :lol:

Haha, I take on particular car, do some usual maintenance, slap some parts, apply a base tune, run it for 2 laps at AR, fiddle some settings, another run of 2 laps or more, once it hit 1:25.xxx easily, I just move to another car. AR tune usually works well on HSR/R, the only thing needed to tune is the 5th and 6th gear for top speed.

40 -60 minutes tops for each car, then another 10 or so for fine tuning.

Ridox2JZGTE, that's an incredible amount of testing :bowdown:
Anyway, the BTR's out, so Nomis, your dreams of a FF showing its nose-heavy face here has come true somewhat. :lol:

Excellent. Just think of the FF like a Ruf with the drivers seat turned around :D

With all the testing, I do find some cars more enjoyable to drive although slower if compared to the times claimed by other tuners here.
Now I shifted my goal of tuning, not for an outright speed and fast lap times, but the car which gives me the most fun and challenging to tame.

The one thing I worried is what about the testers, if I submit a car that considerably slower and harder to drive fast, would it be okay ? Most of the car I tuned (RR,FR,FF,4WD) have 1:24 - 1:25 times at AR using controller and no ABS. So testers with wheels and ABS would easily shaved a second or so.

This might be against the norm, would it be okay if ask other tuners to try the car I have for shared, and give me an opinion which I should submit for the shootout. Don't have to be the fastest car, any car which is more fun should be okay.

I got my Supra SZ-R into 1:24.xxx ( no ABS ) after some more tuning, hope it handles better, anyone want to try them, send me FR :)

With all the testing, I do find some cars more enjoyable to drive although slower if compared to the times claimed by other tuners here.
Now I shifted my goal of tuning, not for an outright speed and fast lap times, but the car which gives me the most fun and challenging to tame.

The one thing I worried is what about the testers, if I submit a car that considerably slower and harder to drive fast, would it be okay ? Most of the car I tuned (RR,FR,FF,4WD) have 1:24 - 1:25 times at AR using controller and no ABS. So testers with wheels and ABS would easily shaved a second or so.

This might be against the norm, would it be okay if ask other tuners to try the car I have for shared, and give me an opinion which I should submit for the shootout. Don't have to be the fastest car, any car which is more fun should be okay.

I got my Supra SZ-R into 1:24.xxx ( no ABS ) after some more tuning, hope it handles better, anyone want to try them, send me FR :)

If you need any car tested, and it's okay with competition rules, I'd be happy to do it. It would be nice to get a change of pace from my own ride :)

If it's fine, add ugabugaz_euro (It's my empty-ish account)

I drive with ABS and a DS3 (Max Sensitivity - 7)

If you need any car tested, and it's okay with competition rules, I'd be happy to do it. It would be nice to get a change of pace from my own ride :)

If it's fine, add ugabugaz_euro (It's my empty-ish account)

I drive with ABS and a DS3 (Max Sensitivity - 7)

Not testing per se, I am sharing my cars so everyone can try them for fun, get some new ideas, there are variety of drive train, any one of them can be submitted for the shootout, but I still don't know which one, so I guess it's not breaking any rules. Bear in mind that some of the cars are in early stage of tuning, there will be "issues":ouch:
Feel free to drive them however you want, with ABS, wheel or controller. It does not matter if I tuned them without ABS, still the same I think, maybe the BB will need changes to suit the driver, it's all up to you all.

I sent the FR.

Was just reviewing the rules again and had a question, are tuner cars allowed?:confused:

Well I had a challange for this one. I was way off pace for the last shootout and I wanted to prove that I can tune... but I can't. I even had some suggestions from MCH and NEWDRIVER about cars I should try, and I failed. Sooooo I grabbed some "comfort" cars and set to have some fun, and some "what the?" moments. And well I came up with this....

Some say that I'm an Idiot. And some say that this car will fail. All we know it's not "The Runt", but is, its smaller cousin :dopey:

Half Pint
Based on the Dodge SRT-4 '03

autumnring1l.jpg

highspeedringi.jpg

Found in the Used Car Dealership

296bhp
460pp
301 ft. lb. @4900 RPM of torque
weight 1382 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine Overhaul
Paint - Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P)
weight Reduction
None
Engine
None
Intake
Manifold
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
None
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Soft (S3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Weight Adjustment - 32 @ 0
LSD- 12/18/10

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 180
1st - 2.760
2nd - 2.070
3rd - 1.615
4th - 1.280
5th - 1.070
6th - 0.921
Final - 3.320
Adjust for speed using final gear

Ride Hight - Front: 0 Rear: -25
Spring Rate- Front: 6.0 Rear: 3.0
Extention- Front: 8 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 9
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 4 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 1.7 Rear: 0.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.18 Rear: 0.00
Brakes- Front: 3 Rear: 6

TUNER NOTES -
Well... I'm hoping this will at least turn some heads, and... well I like this car. Let the shootout begain :dopey:

autumnringc.jpg

Last edited:
Now I have so many contender for the tuning shootout, more than 10 cars have been tuned :

Toyota Supra SZ-R
Opel Speedster Turbo
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
Peugeot 106 Rallye
Honda CRX Del Sol
Mazda Roadster NC
Ruf YellowBird
Audi S4
Subaru Legacy Blitzen
Audi RS6
Nissan Fairlady 280Z-L S130

and some other cars ...

Some are fast at AR ( less than 1:24.xxx ), some are fast at HSR/R ( 1:13.xxxx or less )

I might use the Opel or the car that's rarely used at shootout.
For the tuners, from the past events, which one of the list above is rarely used in the shootout ?

Back