Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
Hmmm...struggling a bit at the Ring. Never raced on it in the forward direction. Anyone up for some practice Thursday night around 8:30est? Would love to see what others are doing around some turns. I know I am over driving the track which is the problem. Especially the large uphill left hander.

I'll be there, as I love Autumn Ring. Once I get into a good flow in a nice car, I can just do lap after lap, for longer than I care to admit.

Autumn Ring is a very highly underrated track in terms of technical challenge. I think it's one of the most underutilized tracks in the game. You really have to use the curbs to your advantage but at the same time hit them at the proper angle to be set up for the next one that follows right after. Grippy track on the racing line, not very grippy off of it. Add in cambered corners, some ups and downs, fast corners, tight corners, a sweeper and it's got just about everything.

Thats one of the reasons I love it, because it really gives you a sense of hitting the track hard, having to jump up on some of those curbs. Plus it doesn't have a easy section, somewhere to relax, you have to be on it for the whole lap.

I'm working on an entry, but I might miss the deadline a little... I know my car choice just not the pp yet.

Mazda Roadster TC. Will post when I have the pp figured.

Zorrin
I'm working on an entry, but I might miss the deadline a little... I know my car choice just not the pp yet.

Welcome back, nice to have you with us again.

That was one of the cars I was considering for Week 2, but I decided against it. I am considering either a Lotus Elise or a BMW 1Series Tii.

I have a feeling I'm going to get overrun at 485pp...lol:nervous::scared:

So I think the black screens were me... My GT5 is always playing up lately.

When it went I was already 1:15s down... Ran the laps... Guess it is time to perhaps splurge on a new GT5 disc.

Racing was a bit more spread tonight than we have come to enjoy. Plus the technical issues we had (sorry Zorrin), meant it wasn't one of our better nights, But we still had some good racing.

Somehow during race 2, I managed to find over half a second under the target time, which is good and bad at the same time. Hopefully next week will be closer now we have all had some track time with each other.

Thanks Johnny for helping me test for Round #11.

Round #11 targets are posted;

Tyres: Sports Medium
Track: Grand Valley East
Target Time: 1:12.500 - 1:13.000

Round #10 Week 1 Results

Hot Lap
1. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / RUF 3400S '00 / 485pp / 1:23.576 / EDT
2. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 / 496pp / 1:23.525 / EDT
3. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Lotus Evora '09 / 500pp / 1:23.644 / BST
4. bender2011 / miata_1 / BMW M3 GTR '03 / 504pp / 1:23.529 / EDT
5. Zorrin / DitQuois / Mazda Roadster TC / 510pp / 1:23.804 / EDT
6. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Amuse S2000 GT1 '04 / 525pp / 1:23.523 / EDT

Race 1 (11 laps)
1st. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Lotus Evora '09 / 500pp / 1:23.644 / BST
2nd. bender2011 / miata_1 / BMW M3 GTR '03 / 504pp / 1:23.529 / EDT
3rd. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / RUF 3400S '00 / 485pp / 1:23.576 / EDT
4th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Amuse S2000 GT1 '04 / 525pp / 1:23.523 / EDT
5th. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 / 496pp / 1:23.525 / EDT
6th. Zorrin / DitQuois / Mazda Roadster TC / 510pp / 1:23.804 / EDT

Race 2 (11 laps)
1st. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 / 496pp / 1:23.525 / EDT
2nd. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / RUF 3400S '00 / 485pp / 1:23.576 / EDT
3rd. bender2011 / miata_1 / BMW M3 GTR '03 / 504pp / 1:23.529 / EDT
DQ. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Lotus Evora '09 / 500pp / 1:23.644 / BST

Race 3 (11 laps)
1st. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 / 496pp / 1:23.525 / EDT
2nd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Lotus Evora '09 / 490pp / 1:23.644 / BST
3rd. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / RUF 3400S '00 / 485pp / 1:23.576 / EDT
5th. bender2011 / miata_1 / BMW M3 GTR '03 / 504pp / 1:23.529 / EDT

Last night racing was a tough for me, I was never able to get close enough to the pace to race with anyone, and when I tried harder, I made mistakes and thing went worse. I will better equiped for event #2.
For race #3, after reviewing the incident on lap 2, it was totally a racing incident, no fault on any one, it happens when we are racing that close.

Racing was a bit more spread tonight than we have come to enjoy. Plus the technical issues we had (sorry Zorrin), meant it wasn't one of our better nights, But we still had some good racing.

Somehow during race 2, I managed to find over half a second under the target time, which is good and bad at the same time. Hopefully next week will be closer now we have all had some track time with each other.

You are a true gentleman Mike:tup:👍 I was really happy with the Ruf 3400S. Miata and I had an epic battle for just about the entire first race in which he came out on top again. I tried to pressure him into a mistake early on which didn't work, then laid back for a bit and finally realized he wasn't going to let up and tried to pressure late but Miata held on like a champ. 👍 Second race I spent most of the time by myself but within a couple of seconds of Track and almost caught him at the end as his tires wore down. Last race I thought I'd be battling for the top spot when I stupidly got a wheel onto the grass and spun. But overall the car was great, a touch of oversteer and wheelspin and a challenge to control as the tires wore down but it kept me on my toes:cheers:

I enjoyed my battles with Mike, but was disappointed that there wasn't as much close racing as we have come to expect. Honestly, just think we are spoiled from constant lap after lap battling in almost all of our races. This is the first time (maybe ever, or at least in a very long time), that we stepped up to cars in the 500pp range. The combination of that speed of car and the technicality of the track may be the reason for this.

As we get back into the cooler weather and are spending more time indoors, I would like to propose some one off races on a random scheduled night. I think it would be fun to take one of our tracks and targets and revisit them in an endurance race that required a pit stop. Maybe even do a spec race with NASCAR at Indy (with the draft, it almost becomes parity naturally).

....As we get back into the cooler weather and are spending more time indoors, I would like to propose some one off races on a random scheduled night.....

I secound that, not so much endurance race and zero interest in nascar, but rescycling some of the better events sounds like fun, why always reinvent when some past events where a big success.
I also wanted to propose to change the time, example Monday at 16h00 EDT, to try to attract some Europeen new blood, or just EDT racer with availibility at the end of the afternoon.

On an other subject, I will unfortunetly ( for me ) not be able to attend next Monday event, as my making money activity is getting in the way.

I secound that, not so much endurance race and zero interest in nascar, but rescycling some of the better events sounds like fun, why always reinvent when some past events where a big success.
I also wanted to propose to change the time, example Monday at 16h00 EDT, to try to attract some Europeen new blood, or just EDT racer with availibility at the end of the afternoon.

On an other subject, I will unfortunetly ( for me ) not be able to attend next Monday event, as my making money activity is getting in the way.

If we switch to 4 pm and drop the 8 pm I probaby won't make most of the races. If you add the 4pm time slot and still run 8pm I'd prefer that.

I think I was partly if not wholly responsible for the start glitch in the first race on Monday. My computer has been running slow lately but I have been so busy I haven't had time to deal with it. Last night I went to my ISP's website and did a connection speed test. I was running at about 1/8th optimum speed!!!! I'm surprised I didn't lag or have other issues. Turns out that when I moved my computer from the monitor to the TV, I put a filter on phone/DSL line that used to be on the phone part of the splitter to prevent some kind of interference or something and it was blocking most of the signal. I'm back to normal now and everything is so much faster. Hopefully I gain a second or two on the track..:sly:

JP, we certainly don't need you gaining a second or two on the track.

Cote, I am with Johnny on the race time change. I just can't do much earlier than the time we start now. Not that I am a reason to keep a time or not look at other times.

When I mentioned the NASCAR I was just thinking of an oval race as they can be pretty exciting with tons of passing with the draft (can also be a crap shoot to see who wins and not necessarily a lot of skill). We could even think of using the FGT (maybe powered down) at Indy. Just thoughts.

JP and Trackbound there is no need to change the time, if some of us cannot attend earlier, my idea was to make the event available to more people, not less. LOL.
Maybe we could try adding an earlier event, but the challenge is to broadcast it to the new possible additoonal racer for our events.

Trackbound, if the group like to do Nascar and/or Oval racing, I will be part of it, I was just expressing that it is not my personnal first choice, but I am in if the majority think it is a good idea.👍

I wish that more racers would participate to our events, I am just not sure on what we should do to increase the attendance.💡

I'd really like to do an event at the Motegi Oval...I think that would be a lot of fun. Hopefully at a PP/Tire combination where you are almost wide open the whole race and it becomes a drafting contest.

The occasional oval can be a ton of fun.

I know aceboy127 is still interested in racing with us, just has been busy. Curious where Juju and Menown (freakyweaky) have gone. If you had the 3 of them to our usual 5 or 6, you are looking at a pretty darn good field.

It should be noted that we have just completed our 50th official race. I went through and did the stats of wins if anyone would like it posted. For the regulars, the win count is pretty balanced (especially compared to a lot of leagues).

50th official race, that is impressive, I did not realized we had that many already.:cheers:

Yes if all past members were still active we would be in great shape, maybe we need Watermelon marketing power to help us.:)
Maybe we should post a teaser in all our friends page like she does for her events.
10 to 12, with the right attitude for our events seems to be producing a good results. So we do not need a lot, just a slightly larger base to improve the attendance and compensate when one of the hard core is unable to attend.

Yes if all past members were still active we would be in great shape, maybe we need Watermelon marketing power to help us.:)
QUOTE]

I joke with Watermelon (my wife) that she can get sixteen people to sign up to drive anything!.

I just realized that I voted for Grand Valley East!. Doh! I wanted the Speedway three miler to stretch out a bit after the Autumn Ring. All good.

I'm putting the finishing touches on an NSX for round 2 at the A-Ring. Hopefully JP can provide the intense motivation he gave me last week.:)

SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Honda NSX Type R '02 / 496pp / 1'23.528 / CDT

Sorry, forgot to post notice that I couldn't race last week. Should be able to this week. :)

That's awesome Track...nice to see so many winners...proves we all have a shot at the top!!

Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / S2000 R1 04' / 469pp / 1'23.503 / EDT

Grand Valley East:

Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Isuzu 4200R Concept 89'/451pp / 1'12.526 / EDT

Take note fellas...it takes 4 or 5 laps for the tires to really get warmed up here. My times fell nearly a full second between laps 3 and 5. If you only do 1 or 2 laps to get your time, when you run the race you'll end up in the 1:11's for sure in the later laps.

Last edited:
TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Camaro '10 SS / 527pp / 1'23.730 / EDT

Last week I took off from rowing gears and using 3 pedals to get use to this track. Lot of fun now that I know the track.

Back