PURE | SPEC || Triplets ||| SuperSic is the Spec racing champion

• Thread starter Dr_Watson
  • 469 comments

What is your preferred start time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol:

interesting with the wear... Not like you were going easy on them fighting with carracer.
I'll have to assume that I simply wasn't pushing hard enough at the start. Think I can fix that with getting some practice in, so my times aren't in the gutter. :dunce:

Lap 15 was funny, I lost it watching you lose it :lol:

hehe... you guys traded tire smoke several times.
BTW, say what you will about the strange handling of the California; it made an exciting race video. :P

----

Oh, for anyone interested I plan on doing a "shakedown" practice session this evening after I get out of work.

I shall be missing the next round as I'm out for the day...

Not sure I like the sound of Night Terrors anyway LOL

What time were you thinkin? I'll stop by.

right now actually... was going to be earlier but the wife wanted to go out to dinner.

shakedown.png

Closed

shakedown2.jpg

CR5 - Supra::
1. timeattack 1'05.206
2. gatordaryl 1'05.399
3. carracer 1'05.814
4. me 1'05.926

CR5R - 86GT
1. gatordaryl 1'03.703
2. timeattack 1'03.733
3. carracer 1'04.015
4. me 1'04.226

SSR5 - Z
1. timeattack 1'31.751
2. carracer 1'33.078
3. me 1'33.795
4. owens 1'34.009

Last edited:
I don't really like any variation of SSR5, but the bit where it ducks under the bridge right-left, up to the hairpin and the double right hander is pretty cool. I shall be there tomorrow with little practice with a hangover ...

I've also noticed this weeks cars have very similar power bands!

CR5 - Supra::
1. timeattack 1'05.206
2. gatordaryl 1'05.399
3. carracer 1'05.814
4. me 1'05.926

CR5R - 86GT
1. gatordaryl 1'03.703
2. timeattack 1'03.733
3. carracer 1'04.015
4. me 1'04.226

SSR5 - Z
1. timeattack 1'31.751
2. carracer 1'33.078
3. me 1'33.795
4. owens 1'34.009
Thanks for the times! 👍

Got a 1:05.5 with the Supra after a few laps. Still working on the other two cars.

Struggling with the 86. Can barely get into 04s.

32.5 with the 380RS. This car's always fun to drive. :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say that I'll not be able to make the races later on.
Good luck to you all. 👍

top_banner.png

||2012.09.15|| 10.00 Pacific | 13.00 Eastern | 17.00 UTC
week2.jpg

"--Wake up tokyo with cheap rwd power."

Night Terrors

Part One
  • |Track| Clubman Stage Rt5
  • |Laps| 12
  • |Car| 1988 Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A
  • |Tire| Comfort Soft (C3)
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| OFF

Part Two
  • |Track| Clubman Stage Rt5 Reverse
  • |Laps| 14
  • |Car| 2012 Toyota 86 GT
  • |Tire| Comfort Soft (C3)
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| ON

Part Three
  • |Track| Special Stage Rt5
  • |Laps| 18
  • |Car| Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
  • |Tire| Sports Hard (S1)
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| OFF

raceday.png

| Race Room || closed

shakedown2.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a room up if anyone wants a bit of practice.

Last edited:
I have family in town from Vegas today, so we are doing a Sprecher brewery tour at the moment, should be able to make the last race if there is room, and it I make it in time. 👍

Sorry for dropping out right away, I'm not a fan of these tracks and don't run them very often. Needless to say, I had no business being out there today, will come back strong next week. 👍

Fun racing this week guys! My first win in GT5, I'll take it! I'm starting to notice how buggy this game is though, in the last race when a car was near me I was practically blind, and completely blind in the hairpin and final turn. Oh well, it was all great fun.

Congrats to aderrrm on two amazing wins. 👍

crap.... I did something catastrophically stupid.
I was distracted chatting and closed the room without getting the replay!

Anyone help me out with the last race... :nervous:

crap.... I did something catastrophically stupid.
I was distracted chatting and closed the room without getting the replay!

Anyone help me out with the last race... :nervous:
I might have it. Just tell me what I need to do. 👍

I might have it. Just tell me what I need to do. 👍

If you could export it and attach it to the thread on the pure forum you'd be my hero.
(under triplets there's a week2 thread, and you should have upload rights... if not I can make a php script quick for uploading through a browser)

If you could export it and attach it to the thread on the pure forum you'd be my hero.
(under triplets there's a week2 thread, and you should have upload rights... if not I can make a php script quick for uploading through a browser)
Actually, after looking it over, I don't think you'll want my copy. It's incredibly laggy. :grumpy:

Actually, after looking it over, I don't think you'll want my copy. It's incredibly laggy. :grumpy:

Can you give me the timing information then?
total time (just hit pause when the leader crosses the line) finish order, gaps, and fast laps. (or just get the finish time and take a photo of the timing screen after everyone's crossed).

Last night was my first ever PURE-race, and I must say, this is challenging racing on a very high standard. Unfortunately I had a pretty inconsistent night driving, so at times I had trouble keeping up with the pack. Great fun nonetheless!

Looking forward to many more races like these!

Great night of racing last night throughout the field! :cheers:

The first race was my favourite, setting lap after lap of faster laps than I thought I could do.

The second race was a bit more interesting although I didn't really like the car, or the track and it didn'thelp with having no tyre noise. :x Going side by side with Travis for a few laps was pretty cool and to top it off a few nice battles with Tim - one in the middle of the race then on the the last lap. Congrats to Scrub on his win there. 👍

The third race was even more interesting having a class battle with Tony. :D I lost first place getting too close to a wall and being bounced a few car widths sideways thanks to a dodgy sticking out bit lol. Following Tony was quite a challenge on this track, especially at the first corner where I hit him a few times. It's quite hard to guage where the walls are so sorry about that!

Cheers. :)

Back