PURE | SPEC || Triplets ||| SuperSic is the Spec racing champion

• Thread starter Dr_Watson
  • 469 comments

What is your preferred start time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great edit, now... when do we get to the 50s :D

When I re-cut it with music that doesn't get it banned in 30 countries. (it has a nice Sinatra sound track with songs written before 1954... I hate these b.s. IP Nazis; this is fair use).

so the jag gets silence... because anything British in the 60's is going to get hit by the copyright dogs.

http://youtu.be/Ik6tcAdJZB4&hd=1

tried some late 40's glen miller 45 transfers (one of the perks of living in the shadow of the old Wurlitzer factory) ... they didn't escape the tyranny completely but at least visible worldwide now since these aren't under the full gestapo treatment.

http://youtu.be/d0SfGyoo6Jw?hd=1

+ 1 for black and white :lol:
How did you find that song?
Funny how tony and I both did the same thing (mess up Adenauer-Frost).

Last edited:
How did you find that song?

which one? It's a blend of about 8 Glenn Miller big-band 45s from the late 1940's. Friend of mine has a jukebox and the Wurlitzer factory is near Niagara Falls so vinyl is all over this place.

Is there any interest amongst this particular group that raced here in a semi-sequel to this?

It would be called "Twins" and feature duel 30-40 minute races each week in untuned rival cars, such as Evo vs WRX, 2 equal length races back to back, everyone chooses one car each race, with a driver and car winner. (Whichever car averages the higher finishing place)

I haven't spoken to Tim yet, so this is assuming he doesn't mind the semi-theft of the idea. :dopey:

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I like to think I've gotten better at editing now that I've done ~20 of these things. :D
The other two Lambo runs will be coming soon, those cars look fantastic on replay.

Oh, and Dom feel free to steal all you want we're on the same team. ;)

I'm really sorry I stopped showing guys, life decided to get really busy and I just never had time anymore. It looks like you guys had a great season, and congrats to SuperSic on the win. Hopefully things slow down and I can get on and race again. Thanks for the great races when I did show though. 👍

Best video so far. That was a better race to watch than to drive in. The most overtaking at that track I have ever seen.
I can't figure out why I qualified so slow.
EPIC 4 wheel drift at the end :lol: 👍

I thought the same thing. I had the second fastest lap of the race but I was horribly slow in qualifying. Was bonkers fun bombing through the streets with the hand-brake turn. By the end of the race I'd gotten so good at that Swedish flip that I actually passed TA in full burn-out before the LOL INTERNET! moment with rich. :lol:

I'm really sorry I stopped showing guys, life decided to get really busy and I just never had time anymore. It looks like you guys had a great season, and congrats to SuperSic on the win. Hopefully things slow down and I can get on and race again. Thanks for the great races when I did show though. 👍

No worries, people get busy. I was disappointed with the trail off in attendance toward the end but I'd expected it and that's why the cars were the stars in the last two weeks. Lamboday was such bonkers maniac fun with 200mph straights, hand-brake slides though the city, and four wheel 100+ mph drifts through the Belgian countryside it didn't matter that we only had 8 cars... At Spa I went beach-combing to fall out of the front runners and then later on lost it in the wash through Eu Rouge and blasted a wall at 125mph but still had a blast. The car and close racing was just such a joy.

Here's the evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9w-xOUP2o4&hd=1

Waffleissimo!

What in the world happened to me near the end? I don't remember that happening! :lol:

Exactly the same behavior you'd get in a first person shooter with a dedicated server when someone lags, they just stop moving and stand there until the client reconnects with the server.

You went into your lagged nether-world; ordinarily you probably would have ended up in that bizzaro invisible car situation you'd been getting hit with. But we were running fixed host so you got the dedicated server model... when you lagged you just stood still frozen in the road. Then when your lag cleared you *popped* back up the road where your client said you should be.

You can actually see the blue arrow do it on the mini-map. There's a point where after Dom dodged your dead steel I bounced off the rear corner pushing the car back against the wall. At that point it vanishes and you can see the blue arrow a few turns up the road just *pop* back into existence.

One of the best LOL INTERNET! moments I've seen since the days of high-velocity sliding cars.

Exactly the same behavior you'd get in a first person shooter with a dedicated server when someone lags, they just stop moving and stand there until the client reconnects with the server.

You went into your lagged nether-world; ordinarily you probably would have ended up in that bizzaro invisible car situation you'd been getting hit with. But we were running fixed host so you got the dedicated server model... when you lagged you just stood still frozen in the road. Then when your lag cleared you *popped* back up the road where your client said you should be.

You can actually see the blue arrow do it on the mini-map. There's a point where after Dom dodged your dead steel I bounced off the rear corner pushing the car back against the wall. At that point it vanishes and you can see the blue arrow a few turns up the road just *pop* back into existence.

One of the best LOL INTERNET! moments I've seen since the days of high-velocity sliding cars.
I'm glad I provided some entertainment. :lol:

Wish I could fix that problem, but I don't even know what it is at this point. I've changed so many variables, going from wireless on a 3MB connection to connecting directly from modem to PS3 on a 20MB connection with a different provider in a different city. If I could, I would buy another PS3, so I can prove it's a hardware issue with the fatty.

I keep thinking it has to be the PS3... Swap with Eddie for a week of testing. ;)

Dr_Watson
I keep thinking it has to be the PS3... Swap with Eddie for a week of testing. ;)

This makes sense to try.

Grab a used new model from CL or FB. I use a local garage sale and have gotten some awesome deals.

Back