T10.jpg

T11.jpg

T12.jpg

T13.jpg

T14.jpg

T15.jpg

T16.jpg

T17.jpg

For some really nice examples of cleaned up Standards head on over to the Clean'em Up - Standard to Premium thread. ;)

Last edited:
Great work! 👍 Thanks for putting in the time and effort to produce such a great, easy to read/follow tool that will really help. Its very different to how i was doing things but with a little practice it will be a lot better to clean up standards. Thanks again!

Great tut Nato. I think all tuts and guides should be stickied so people can really utilise the help on offer.

There's the FAQ and Tutorial depot thread that has a couple of tutorials linked.
Doesn't get updated any more though.

i just can't stop looking at it even when i am in my office

what could be better is something on how to make a standard reflect like a premium... 👍

There's the FAQ and Tutorial depot thread that has a couple of tutorials linked.
Doesn't get updated any more though.

Bam! It's long overdue, but a few tutorials have been added to the OP there; yours, Lee's, and Nathan's 👍

Excellent jobs, to all of you - these are incredibly helpful, and personally, it's interesting to see how GIMP works in comparison to Photoshop!

Q: will you be adding a section on cleaning up the textures themselves now that you've made everything else look easy?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Well Nato, this is not only helpful – it's simply magnificent.
Thanks for all the time you spent to equip us with your knowledge.
To be honest, I didn't even know those path tools – found my way through lots of "workarounds":)

My very best workaround to avoid jaggies I will freely reveal to all of us:
Panning Mode 1 @ 1/60 sec.
Works perfectly with tyre smoke, dust, snow flurry and even with unperfectly rendered parts and accessoires :)

Thank you, Nato! Wonderful tutorial, and so nice you did it for GIMP. As we now it's free and for me, a linux user, it's really the only decent image editor available. Can't wait to use your tips, thanks again.

I'm too stupid to try this but it's really cool considering I have Gimp and can't afford photoshop. I might give it a go if I'm feeling drunk enough tonight, thanks, clearly a lot of effort put in (:

^^ Nice job. 👍

But this is not really the place to put your clean up works - you should really put them in this thread.

Great tutorial. I'm so glad someone showed people how to use the Bezier Curves tool, that's my favorite tool in the whole world.

This is exellent, my only question is why didn't polyphony digital do this themselves when they made the game!

This is exellent, my only question is why didn't polyphony digital do this themselves when they made the game!

That's kind of what I'm thinking too. It seems like it doesn't take 10 hours or so (my guess of how long it takes to render a prenium car, if not more) and that doing all of the standards like this would only take Popholony a week or two. I was also wondering if you could use the standards like that once they were in the game, and if you could, how you got them in the game to use. If my questions were answered in the tutorial, I'm sorry, but if they weren't, great. Thanks!

Back