Standard Cars-Premium Characteristics

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 15 comments
United States
U.S.A.
Anyone know of any “standard” GT5 cars that share some premium characteristics whether it be interior stuff, working wipers, or whatever that the normal GT5 standards normally did not have ?

Hmmmm confused... No Plymouth Prowler in my GT5... ? Oh wait you must mean Chrysler ... Great find... would need to know is it all colors that way or just one ???

Last edited:
Hmmmm confused... No Plymouth Prowler in my GT5... ? Oh wait you must mean Chrysler ... Great find... would need to know is it all colors that way or just one ???
It's in there. Just wanted to mention a small detail regarding it's inclusion in GT6. My bad if I worded myself poorly.

If I recall correctly the Prowler has a extra color in GT5 versus GT4... I really appreciate your help 👍 and I’ll go to my GT4 game save and check that out and compare. Then give the GT5 Prowlers and colors a quick run to see what I see in interior views... Might even be that extra color I’m recalling, but not sure till I look... Anyone else feel free to chime in...

Similar to the Prowler, the Caterham 7 Fireblade in GT5 has an interior because of it's open cockpit design (they're the only two that I know of). I actually drove a Caterham 7 Superlight R500 at a track day once, & oh my days it was seriously awesome! Got it up to 100mph, there were no rev or speed limits & my instructor was shouting at me to go faster brake later or not even brake at all for certain corners. The amount of grip & the way it slid progressively, wriggling as it slithered out of corners, was a joy to behold.

7) Cateram On Tack (large).JPG

Thanks VBR! Now ya got me wondering about the Cobra... but I’ll have to take one out cause I forget if it’s open top in GT5 or not... that also makes me recall that in GT4 I think there was only one color... and many more premium colors in GT5 but can’t remember if that applies to standard Cobras also...

There were some cars in GT4 that were open top (MX5/Miata was one of them), but you could only drive them with the top down in Time Trial/Free Run mode. So, I know there are some other standards with full interiors, but haven't seen them in GT5. When you raced the car with other cars on track the top went back up.

There was a secret way to view the Caterham in GT4 with the cockpit view, don't know how it was done, but here's a video.

Last edited:
Oh man... what I was thinking of doing is adding to my all premium all colors garage several standard cars that have various differences than that of my GT4 NTSC full garage.. but the list is growing bigger where I might go over the 2000 limit...

Edit added...
Hey cool ! I just remembered that view seeing it over on GT4 back when... I seem to recall someone did Bob in the Cobra also that way at one time...

Last edited:
Just checked the Prowler out... that extra color in GT5 not in GT4 is CRANBERRY PEARL... at least in my XL NTSC version it’s that way...

EDITED-Never mind this... My bad as it is in my GT4 NTSC...

Last edited:
Thanks Shp I remember that now ... gee I have no room left if I get all in all colors from the list so far I have which I’ll post soon for others to refer to now and then...

Last edited:
VBR-There is a ton of standard MX5-Miata's pro say... Do you remember exactly which one ? Anyway, the number of cars below in all colors would be pretty large if adding to a garage. Here's a list I have so far of some standard notables that I refer too kinda thing...

GT5 XL NTSC VERSION ONLY:
LIST OF STANDARD CARS THAT ARE NOT IN THE GT4 NTSC VERSION, OR ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT, OR WITH PARTIAL DETAILED INTERIORS:

Audi R8 PlayStation Team Oreca '05
Audi R8 LMS Team Playstation '09
Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 (And GTSP Color 28)
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 (Standard Has Partial Premium Type Detailed Interior)
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C6) '09 (Standard Not Premium)
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C6) '09 (GTPSP Color 7) - GE Hybrid (Standard Not Premium)
Chrysler Prowler '02 (Standard Has Partial Premium Type Detailed Interior)
Citroën GT by Citroën Concept '08 (Standard Not Premium)
Citroën GT by Citroën Concept '08 (GTPSP Color D) - GE Hybrid (Standard Not Premium)
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00 (Not Livery # 91) Livery # 51
Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 (Standard Not Premium And GTSP Color 6)
Ferrari F2007 '07 (Standard Not Premium)
Gran Turismo Polyphony Formula GT White (Not GT4 Mobile Livery) New GT White Livery
Honda (Not Acura DN-X Concept '02) DUALNOTE Concept '01
Jaguar XFR '10
Jay Leno Tank Car '03 (Has Partial Premium Type Detailed Interior)
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 (With GTPSP Color 5)
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00
Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04
Mazda Furai Concept '08
Mazda Axela 23S '03
Mazda2 '03 (Not Demio Sport '03)
Mazda (Not 110S) Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
Mazda (Not 110S) Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68
Mazda (Not Mazda6 Touring Car) Atenza Touring Car
Mazda MX-5 Miata ??? PENDING
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 (Not Silver Or White With GTSP Color 2) Magmarot
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO SR '95
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO SR '96
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO SR '98
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo '95
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo '96
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo '98
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo MR '95
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo MR '98
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (Standard Not Premium)
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (GTPSP Color 5) - GE Hybrid (Standard Not Premium)
Oullim Motors (Not Proto Motors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 '04) Spirra Prototype '04
Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05
Shelby Cobra 427 '66 (Standard Not Premium Has Partial Premium Type Detailed Interior)
Toyota 7 Race Car (Standard Not Premium Has Partial Premium Type Detailed Interior)
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Astra Super Touring Car '00
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Calibra Super Touring Car '94
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01
Vauxhall (Not Opel) VX220 '00
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Vectra 3.2 V6 '03
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Tigra 1.6i '99
Vauxhall (Not Opel) VX 220 Turbo '00

Last edited:
VBR-There is a ton of standard MX5-Miata's pro say... Do you remember exactly which one ?

I don't remember which one/ones, but after searching YouTube I found this video of the Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) 2004;

EDIT: There are several other videos, but they all seem to be different models. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gran+turismo+4+mazda+miata+mx5+-sport

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) 2000;

Mazda MX-5 J-Limited (NA-J) 1991:

Mazda MX-5 1.8 RS (NB-J) 1998:

There are probably more...

Also found an Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto 1966;

The only way to find them all would be to take all soft top cars in GT4 for a spin in Time Trial/Free Run mode & see if the top comes down.

👍

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back