FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some of this may be due to my feedback to RJ? I could not get this car to break the rear loose at all. Maybe I have one of the slower PS3s? Anyone know where I can buy a PS3 that is within the model numbers that make GT5 lap times faster? :dopey: If I can buy one of the faster ones, RJ, you can have my current one.

Don't forget I'm ham-fisted. Leave the braking too late and brake too hard and it'll start to go. I'm not talking about spinning out completely, but it'll slip and require a good hard dab on the accelerator to straighten things up. Not strictly the car's fault, operator error must be factored.

I was very disappointed with myself at the HSR, the penultimate corner proved to be my nemesis. If I'd put it through there nicely at 114-115mph, then I'd have set a respectable time. The best I managed, cleanly, was 111mph. A small margin, perhaps, but extrapolated over the remaining distance of the track and the speeds at which it is negotiated, make for big differences.

Not sure what you mean by that, but you're welcome. I'm sorry if I sound harsh.

Hey, you take the rough with the smooth, gotta have thick(ish) skin to get into this game. I'm wondering what your laptimes would have been like in my car had it been better tailored to you?? You certainly didn't seem to struggle extracting an extra 0.3sec over my best lap.

Thanks to all the testers who took the wrx for a test drive:tup:

It was a pleasure 👍

{Cy}

All testing is done for all three groups (pg 17), except for one tuner who has a FR waiting.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Hi folks,
Testing for groups A and D is almost complete (to all the testers: :bowdown: and :cheers:), so here's some graphs.

Ronald6, just wondering if you are waiting on a Friend Request from Ugabugaz?

Group A Autumn Ring:
60-40GroupAAR.png

Group A High Speed Ring Reverse:
60-40GroupAHSRr.png

Group D Autumn Ring:
60-40GroupDAR.png

Group D High Speed Ring Reverse:
60-40GroupDHSRr.png

Thanks to CyKosis, there will be some extra prizes...stay tuned...

Ahhh yes, I should probably explain it! Each tuner is a different coloured line, the testers are along the bottom. The lower a coloured line is, the faster that tune is (check the legend to see who it is).

The sudden drop at the end (and dip in the light blue line towards the start of the Group D graphs) will be fixed once all the testing results are posted.

Results - Group D

TrackRipper - RGT
Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:20.852
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:12.943
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 8.5
Comments: Very nice overall, a bit of exit understeer.

ugabugaz - Miura
Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:21.055
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:12.743
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 6.0
Comments: Doesn't transition well through multiple bends, a bit unpredictable at the limit, nice overall balance and speed, just too quirky.

DigitalBaka - GT-86
Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:21.893
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:13.552
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 7.5
Comments: Idiot-proof, but could transition more smoothly and faster with less understeer.

HaoleHatingWRX - WRX
Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:21.589
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:14.380
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 6.5
Comments: Understeer, trailbraking is impossible, but with aggressive late braking it still manages, standard STI stuff though, if anything too boring.
Gearing way too quick, revving past the powerband for a while at HSR.

JTQMopar - GTO
Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:23.078
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:15.718
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 9.0
Comments: Great handling car, a great shame the gears were left at almost default settings, could probably shave .5 per track with gear improvements.
Would be a 10 on drivers choice with a good set of gears as well.

Last edited:
I'll be putting all my Group - C Times in this post.

I test with a DS3 and an Automatic Transmission
Ghost Replays + Youtube lap uploading available. Ask if you want either.

1) XDesperado67 - 512BB

Autumn Ring: 1:23.090 (22's = possible)
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:12.158 (25th Lap)
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 5 HSR-R: 4............................(Total: 4.5)

Review: Let's get straight to the main issue with the car. The brakes. On my first lap out I spun out as soon as I went near them. I checked the brake-balance and sure enough it seemed off so I checked the tune on the website and to my surprise there was nothing wrong with the brake balance on the car. Lap after lap I struggled to make sense of the rear biased monstrosity I was driving. I'm still clueless as to why you chose a brake balance of 0-6. Brake distance is longer, car is unstable under braking - certainly no positive reason at least in my mind. I think that's enough information to justify at least one part of the score. Now specifically on HSR-R the car felt oddly low grip, as if it was riding on Sports Medium tires. The suspension felt oddly configured (I didn't look at it). Seemed like a damper setting was off somewhere. The car just felt off, it's hard to describe. On Autumn Ring the grip was no problem and the car felt ok. Brakes were still horrible here as well. Many good laps were ruined due to the back end losing grip and going sideways. Sorry, I expected great things from this car and this car is the only reason why I tested Group C but in the end it just wasn't pleasant.

brake_repair_san_diego.jpg

2) Theo777 - Integra '98
Autumn Ring: 1:23.020
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:12.372
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 8 HSR-R: 9.2............................(Total: 8.6)

Review: Since I've already tested 2 other FF cars, I'll just start by telling you where this one fits in. The power delivery is worst of the three - Cy = Best, krenkme = 2nd. Perhaps this is because this car is the most powerful? I wonder how Cy's car would feel with this much hustle. Suspension is tuning is second best to krenkme. It feels very grippy, and there's very little understeer but the car just feels a bit floppy. In other words not as tight as krenkme's design. Your car is a pleasure to drive on HSR-R and easily feels the best overall due to the sweet suspension tuning and abundance of power. Car feels great on Autumn Ring as well but I would like it to be a bit tighter. One area of concern on AR was what I call "camber snapback". What I mean by this is, as the back starts to go, the front starts to grip back in and produce undesirable understeer. Rather than the car re-settling in a neutral position it snaps in a way. A bit hard to describe. This usually occurs when rear camber is too high in relation to front camber. Doesn't happen in every car but it's a characteristic I don't like. Wasn't too much of a problem but a click or two less rear camber would be perfect for me - or conversely a click or two more front camber.

3) Newdriver's MR2
Autumn Ring: 1:22.898
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:11.013
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 8.0 HSR-R: 9.0............................(Total: 8.5)

4) RJ's Atenza
Autumn Ring: 1:22.527
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:12.264
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 9.5 HSR-R: 9............................(Total: 9.25)

=FASTEST

Last edited:
Oi, before that, do find some time to fill in that gap you left in my review slot, eh? :P

You dare speak to me in such a manner? No reviews for you, One Year! NEXT!

052912_c.jpg

Kidding, I need more time with your car before I give my final verdict.

Group C TUNAS - Add "ugabugaz_euro". Thank you

You dare speak to me in such a manner? No reviews for you, One Year! NEXT!

052912_c.jpg

Kidding, I need more time with your car before I give my final verdict.

Group C TUNAS - Add "ugabugaz_euro". Thank you

Noooooo!!! Eh, I see, having a hard time putting your finger on it? Don't Take too long. :P

Noooooo!!! Eh, I see, having a hard time putting your finger on it? Don't Take too long. :P

Well, I need to get a good time on Autumn Ring. Once that's done I'll finish the review. It's great at HSR-R, you could probably tell from the rating. Group C has an MR2 as well. Should be a good comparison :)

Last edited:
@ugabugaz thanks for testing my "Polo Pony".👍👍
Fantastic times there, sorry the tune wasn't more to your liking.:(

Wow, those AR times are sure very quick :bowdown:, but HSR/R are not :confused:

CSLACR should have tested group A :D
Simple, absolutely loathe HSR reverse.
I'd test all 3 groups if I didn't hate that track so much. :lol:

What confuses me more is how on some cars I'm quicker than other drivers at HSR, and other cars wildly slower.

Last edited:
Simple, absolutely loathe HSR reverse.
I'd test all 3 groups if I didn't hate that track so much. :lol:

Do it, just do it. :lol: We'll make it special for you, you only drive AR, and we omit your times from the final tally. :P Or something. :lol:

Well, isn't that what the final round is for though?

By the poll I'm asuming the final round is GV, 2 days for retune? (10/17 GV - 10/17 Two days for retune)

Well, isn't that what the final round is for though?

By the poll I'm asuming the final round is GV, 2 days for retune? (10/17 GV - 10/17 Two days for retune)

Hmm…yea, but then you don't get enough hell driving just the top 2 from each group the chance to drive all the lovely entries here! :lol:

Yup. But correct me, it is top 2 from each group, right?

Back