PURE | SPEC || Triplets ||| SuperSic is the Spec racing champion

• Thread starter Dr_Watson
  • 469 comments

What is your preferred start time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, Turn1 in the Z was really hard to judge in the draft. I accidentally gave TA a tail shove when he came by early on. (completely my bad, glad you held the slide; sry :guilty: )

Aside from that slip up I had plenty of good fun with every race being really close. đź‘Ť

-- > administrative information
* I put the results up on gate19, just need to go through the replays and grab fast laps from the first two heats.

* After talking to drivers and thinking about it I'm also going to make a compromise and take some of the teeth out of the DNF penalty for the 3rd race grid procedure.
Rather than being a flat-time I'm going to base it off the final finisher. It's still going to hurt, but it won't be a death-sentence to DC. I'll post the update in the OP.

* speaking of DCs etc... If you're not going to finish and idle in the pits, I would appreciate it if after you roll into your pit box you could exit out to the lounge and watch the race from there. This way I don't have to watch the counter tick away after the race when no one is actually racing anymore. Purely a time saving measure, I will still get the timing information and drop-off lap from the replay.

Yeah, Turn1 in the Z was really hard to judge in the draft. I accidentally gave TA a tail shove when he came by early on. (completely my bad, glad you held the slide; sry :guilty: )

Aside from that slip up I had plenty of good fun with every race being really close. đź‘Ť

-- > administrative information
* I put the results up on gate19, just need to go through the replays and grab fast laps from the first two heats.

* After talking to drivers and thinking about it I'm also going to make a compromise and take some of the teeth out of the DNF penalty for the 3rd race grid procedure.
Rather than being a flat-time I'm going to base it off the final finisher. It's still going to hurt, but it won't be a death-sentence to DC. I'll post the update in the OP.

* speaking of DCs etc... If you're not going to finish and idle in the pits, I would appreciate it if after you roll into your pit box you could exit out to the lounge and watch the race from there. This way I don't have to watch the counter tick away after the race when no one is actually racing anymore. Purely a time saving measure, I will still get the timing information and drop-off lap from the replay.

Sorry, I was worried exiting may cause more problems. I couldn't see the track half the time in that race so I didn't see any reason to kill my eyes more.
The last race was a little better since I didn't have many behind me :indiff:.

I actually tried to exit at the end but because the leader had passed the finish line I couldn't. I aplogise for my terrible driving last night aswell :scared:, got a new wheel haven't quite adjusted yet :P but should of practiced more aswell.

Going to try using the elise no abs combo as practice to get used to the new pedals... think I managed 43.6 (no tire wear) or something so far but I suck with no abs so will probably take me all week to get used to it.

Last edited:
Official results up, and I've tweaked the Q3 procedure to minimize (but not eliminate, I still want to reward race-pace) the impact of a D/C.

Snuck in a few laps between NFL games:

Elise: 43.37
NSX: 1:33.1

I'm the odd-on favorite to spin out. :dunce:

I'm a bit curious as to how a lack of tire sound might affect a race without abs.

I had no tyre noise in RTs Scion race day and did fine. (Well bar my braking too late lap 2 or 3 :lol:)

Great races... 2.2 was so good I put in more production effort than usual.
Nice win Scrub, definitely earned that one. đź‘Ť

Race 2.1
HD Link

Race 2.2
HD Link

Hey, would it be possible to move me to part time? I don't have the free time to run this series every weekend. I was really looking forward to this series too :(

Hey, would it be possible to move me to part time? I don't have the free time to run this series every weekend. I was really looking forward to this series too :(

no problem.

Video are not available on mobile device. :(

2.1 is... 2.2 is not. This is why I usually use the obscure indie music that Rich complains about. ;)
I'd hoped "The Faint" was obscure enough but apparently their label has content controls with youtube. So unless I re-cut it with a new soundtrack (which I won't since I really like the current version) I have to abide by the draconian syndication rules afforded by the record label.

Welcome to 21st century "fair use" where even if my account isn't monetized and I own a copy of the album which I purchased at a live show, I can't use it the way I want.

Dr_Watson
no problem.

2.1 is... 2.2 is not. This is why I usually use the obscure indie music that Rich complains about. ;)
I'd hoped "The Faint" was obscure enough but apparently their label has content controls with youtube. So unless I re-cut it with a new soundtrack (which I won't since I really like the current version) I have to abide by the draconian syndication rules afforded by the record label.

Welcome to 21st century "fair use" where even if my account isn't monetized and I own a copy of the album which I purchased at a live show, I can't use it the way I want.

Ah. Exactly what I suspected. I use the cheap music that comes with iMovie. Doesn't flag it. To bad cause some really good music sets the mood for race videos.

Also. Just to be a butt. Why don't those blaring loud music in cars or homes get fined or legal action. Pffft I stopped buying cd's long ago. Sadly back then if i DL'd a song and it was good with beats that were right for me then I'd buy the cd for higher quality. That was napster/early lime wire, when downloading music wasn't really a problem. Now, Grab a song here or there from iTunes. Won't buy CD's and don't DL any. Radio works fine for me. Basically try to avoid spending my money in the music industry if I can.

Edit: nice video. Title scenes are fantastic.

Last edited:
Ah. Exactly what I suspected. I use the cheap music that comes with iMovie. Doesn't flag it. To bad cause some really good music sets the mood for race videos.

Yeah, it is what it is... Interestingly the youtube scanner only picked up one of the 3 tracks I used. So my subterfuge of burying the music under engine noise seems to work for the most part.

You can of course get around the copyright restrictions by never using more than 30 seconds of any song but that's a bit of a headache. I'll just go back to using truly obscure music... :sly: Youtube had nothing to say about the Amon Tobin cuts on the 2.1 video.

So get ready for more gypsy punk Rich!
(or maybe I'll throw some cumbia on there... sticking to acts from outside the USA probably works)

Dr_Watson
Yeah, it is what it is... Interestingly the youtube scanner only picked up one of the 3 tracks I used. So my subterfuge of burying the music under engine noise seems to work for the most part.

You can of course get around the copyright restrictions by never using more than 30 seconds of any song but that's a bit of a headache. I'll just go back to using truly obscure music... :sly: Youtube had nothing to say about the Amon Tobin cuts on the 2.1 video.

(or maybe I'll throw some cumbia on there... sticking to acts from outside the USA probably works)

Didn't know the 30 sec rule. I may be able to work with that on some of my shorter highlight videos.

Are you using a device to pull video or recording your screen?

Assume from quality you pull video.

Didn't know the 30 sec rule. I may be able to work with that on some of my shorter highlight videos.

Are you using a device to pull video or recording your screen?

Assume from quality you pull video.

Yeah, that's how when you hear someone playing a clip or intro-outtro music etc... for NPR or other non-profit entity they never play the whole song. If you time it, you will always come up under 30s. as that's the magic line for royalties. For a 30 min race though getting DJ disease enough to cross up the music every 20 or so seconds would make it more distracting than useful.

The recent HD ones are off the HD-PVR I picked up a couple months ago. Quite the pain since I have to switch the output on the ps3 from 1080p HDMI to 720p Component (HDPVR only goes to 1080i, and the ps3 can't output multiple streams for more than audio :indiff: ) But it's the best thing for the job...

If you look at my full video list there's some older races (the ones not with an HD icon) are gorilla pod coolpix camera-jobs.

Thanks for posting those recaps Tim đź‘Ť Race 2 was pretty action packed :sly:

On another note - It was rather odd when I DC'd in race 2. I hadn't seen the replay until just a moment ago, and when I was watching it I was thinking... "it's almost as if I got the kiss of death from Vindictive's car just before I DC'd"... then I fast forward a bit and a moment later I hear "kiss of death" in the background music you chose. Coincidence or what.. :lol:

Thanks for posting those recaps Tim đź‘Ť Race 2 was pretty action packed :sly:

On another note - It was rather odd when I DC'd in race 2. I hadn't seen the replay until just a moment ago, and when I was watching it I was thinking... "it's almost as if I got the kiss of death from Vindictive's car just before I DC'd"... then I fast forward a bit and a moment later I hear "kiss of death" in the background music you chose. Coincidence or what.. :lol:

hehe... I like happy accidents with backing audio.
I actually like how your DC looked, it's like the steering broke and you just plow straight into the barrier and slow like a disabled vehicle.

no problem.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the first two tracks in 2.2. đź‘Ť
So I'll either be bored by gypsy or cracking up at how unfitting cumbia is to a racing video. :lol:

Bought a 50ft ethernet cable to try a wired connection. It didn't work last time, but I'm hoping that was just a fluke.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the first two tracks in 2.2. :tup:So I'll either be bored by gypsy or cracking up at how unfitting cumbia is to a racing video. :lol:

haha, you like new-wave then (The Faint is very much like a modern version of New World Order from the 80's)... closet hipster. ;)

and hey... at least Cumbia and Afro-pop (or have Dennis find me some Swedish speed-metal) are up-beat. :sly:

haha, you like new-wave then (The Faint is very much like a modern version of New World Order from the 80's)... closet hipster. ;)

and hey... at least Cumbia and Afro-pop (or have Dennis find me some Swedish speed-metal) are up-beat. :sly:
Generally, song choice is on a case-by-case basis. For racing games, my preferences were molded mainly by early Need for Speed soundtracks, which consists a good portion of my GT5 soundtrack. The rest is GT1-4 songs, with some Satriani, and Junkie XL sprinkled in.

Back on topic, got some laps in with the Scuderia. I loved this car in the past, but now, not so much. Could just be that I'm terrible at Motegi. Pulled in a 2:01.11, although if the Camaro Cup was any indication, I'm doing the first sector all wrong. :dunce:

Any practice rooms up tonight? I have absolutely no experience on Motegi, so I'll have plenty work ahead of me if I plan on being Competitive :indiff:

shakedown.png

closed

shakedown3.jpg

Elise West:
1. timeattack | 43.150
2. TnJF | 43.228
3. paulmac | 43.837
4. carracer | ??

NSX East:
1. timeattack | 1'33.195
2. paulmac | 1'33.559
3. TnJF | 1'33.586

430 Full:
1. TnJF | 2'01.349
2. paulmac | 2'02.764

Last edited:
Mind if I pop in for a bit even though I don't race here :)?

TA you'll love Motegi it is just :drool:. Cool Tim just buying em on my GTP and changing oil.

Sorry for ditchin' ya guys..I was starving and decided to go grab something to munch on. I couldn't get the chat box to pop up for nearly the entire time I was in the room (couldn't send any PM's while in the room either)...so thats why you didn't hear a peep out of me :lol: Anyway, thanks for hosting Tim...I still have a lot of work to do but at least I now have some type of clue as to how Motegi works :)

Back