PURE | SPEC || Triplets ||| SuperSic is the Spec racing champion

• Thread starter Dr_Watson
  • 469 comments

What is your preferred start time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My cable finally got here today and it works. Hope that fixes some of my connection issues.

Oh, and a 42.925 with the Elise just now.

Edit: I found out I didn't change the oil on my NSX. Knocked me down to 32.85, but I'm sure the aliens will be in the 31s. :ill:

Last edited:
My cable finally got here today and it works. Hope that fixes some of my connection issues.

Oh, and a 42.925 with the Elise just now.

Edit: I found out I didn't change the oil on my NSX. Knocked me down to 32.85, but I'm sure the aliens will be in the 31s. :ill:

smoking hot Elise time, we spent an hour chasing 42 last night.

I'm thinking 0:42, 1:32, and 2:00 are the targets for this weekend.

I ran a 42.7 with the Elise with 4/2 as my brake bias. Might go to 3/1. My wheel keeps changing gear on its own at the 2nd to last corner when I straighten the car up... happened like 4 times in the 10 or so laps I did. :ouch:

I don't think I'll be able to make it tomorrow either... sorry.

Don't think I will make it this Saturday. Looking at picking up a new accord that day.

Thanks for the heads up.

I ran a 42.7 with the Elise with 4/2 as my brake bias. Might go to 3/1. My wheel keeps changing gear on its own at the 2nd to last corner when I straighten the car up... happened like 4 times in the 10 or so laps I did. :ouch:

After playing with it quite a bit I found 3/1 or 3/2 to work the best on the Elise. I prefer 3/2 though since it doesn't lighten up the back as much under the hard stop into turn1. At 3/1 I was having all sorts of inconstancy problems rolling off the brake going into Turn1. Little bit more bite back there keeps the weight from shifting as far forward so it's a lot less likely to do that lazy drift on turn-in.

using 4/3 and 4/4 on the NSX and Ferrari respectively.

After playing with it quite a bit I found 3/1 or 3/2 to work the best on the Elise. I prefer 3/2 though since it doesn't lighten up the back as much under the hard stop into turn1. At 3/1 I was having all sorts of inconstancy problems rolling off the brake going into Turn1. Little bit more bite back there keeps the weight from shifting as far forward so it's a lot less likely to do that lazy drift on turn-in.

using 4/3 and 4/4 on the NSX and Ferrari respectively.
Think it's 5/3, 5/5, and 3/5 for me.

I might try and join you in a hour (if you're still going to be around)...I have a lot of work ahead of me if I plan to even stand a chance this weekend :indiff: :lol:

I'm gonna make a room in a minute if you don't. I'd prefer if you did though, probably a better room.

top_banner.png

||2012.09.22|| 10.00 Pacific | 13.00 Eastern | 17.00 UTC
week3.jpg

-- "A day at Motegi with MR sports cars."

Mister Motegi
Part One
  • |Track| Twin Ring Motegi West Course
  • |Laps| 20
  • |Car| 2004 Lotus Elise 111R
  • |Tire| Comfort Soft (C3)
  • |ABS| OFF
  • |TC| OFF

Part Two
  • |Track| Twin Ring Motegi East Course
  • |Laps| 10
  • |Car| 2002 Honda NSX Type R
  • |Tire| Sports Hard (S1)
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| ON

Part Three
  • |Track| Road Course Twin Ring Motegi
  • |Laps| 14
  • |Car| 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
  • |Tire| Sports Medium (S2)
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| ON

raceday.png

| Race Room || Closed

shakedown3.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone use TCS?

Games Slow when in a hurry. Last car bought. Be right there.

Sorry Dr got called into work this morning, such a shame, I really wanted to run this weekend. I am a fan of the track/car combos:tdown: Hoping to make the last few rounds of this series.

The Lotus was a blast when I got the groove of no ABS around lap 7. maybe my favorite today.

None stunk. Loved all the cars. Had a blast considering I DC'd on lap 1 of NASCAR. my team Q top 3. With about .2 cushion. Car was D I A L E D in. Man. Was gutted. Two hours of tuning and excellent shot at podium. This line up today helped ease that pain.

Thanks guys.

Dumb move of the race: Me getting pole in Race 2 only to go off at T1 because I misread the braking zone. :dunce:

Still the best weekend I've had with a 3rd, 4th, and 2nd. Helps that there was only two aliens, but hey, it still counts in the stats. :lol:

Glad everyone enjoyed the handling challenge this week. It was one of my favorites which is why it's running anchor leg on the first 1/2 of the season. (still irked that GT5 kind of ruined it for me with the tire bug issues... but cest la vie)

Next week starts the 2nd half which is more power focused. We'll warm up with high-speed drafting in big heavy luxo-rods, take a vintage vacation, and then go bulls to the wall in crazy lambos.

Glad everyone enjoyed the handling challenge this week. It was one of my favorites which is why it's running anchor leg on the first 1/2 of the season. (still irked that GT5 kind of ruined it for me with the tire bug issues... but cest la vie)

Next week starts the 2nd half which is more power focused. We'll warm up with high-speed drafting in big heavy luxo-rods, take a vintage vacation, and then go bulls to the wall in crazy lambos.

I may miss next week (work has piled up since my computer has been useless) but I will not be missing "Cubed Root of Europe". My favorite Ferrari, Merc, and track all on the same day 👍
HSR will be interesting, could make a triple harder.

Yeah High Speed Ring is something we never really race on, it will be nice to give the old girl some love. It's easy to get going too fast in these big GT coupes too so 4000 lbs + the draft might paint some walls. ;)

Btw the Gullwing on the nordshleife is a dream. I highly recommend giving cockpit view a whirl as it makes you feel like you've stepped out of a time machine.

OwensRacing
The Lotus was a blast when I got the groove of no ABS around lap 7. maybe my favorite today.

None stunk. Loved all the cars. Had a blast considering I DC'd on lap 1 of NASCAR. my team Q top 3. With about .2 cushion. Car was D I A L E D in. Man. Was gutted. Two hours of tuning and excellent shot at podium. This line up today helped ease that pain.

Thanks guys.

How do you race with a car that loose? I tried it
in the Cup race after I got it from Kartman and was wrecking in every turn.

MÜLE_9242;7638112
How do you race with a car that loose? I tried it
in the Cup race after I got it from Kartman and was wrecking in every turn.

It's a blast once the tires come up to temp (which takes about 4-6 laps in an 800kg car). You just point the car into the corner and drive it with the pedals. Took me > 10 laps to get used to my bugged tires and start clicking off low 43s though.

It's a blast once the tires come up to temp (which takes about 4-6 laps in an 800kg car). You just point the car into the corner and drive it with the pedals. Took me > 10 laps to get used to my bugged tires and start clicking off low 43s though.
Yep, both the throttle and the brakes at the same time. I used a "safe" 3/1 brake balance. I had understeer but I really had to do something stupid to get it to want to spin. If I had to race with tire noise off I would have been spending time in the sand strap. I can barely race with ABS "ON" without sound.
I really like having ABS off, makes the cars feel more like "sport" cars.

Yep, both the throttle and the brakes at the same time. I used a "safe" 3/1 brake balance. I had understeer but I really had to do something stupid to get it to want to spin. If I had to race with tire noise off I would have been spending time in the sand strap. I can barely race with ABS "ON" without sound.
I really like having ABS off, makes the cars feel more like "sport" cars.

hmm... I ran 3/2 which IMO was "safer". When on 3/1 it lightens the rear end so much that on downshift and initial turn in you have to be very careful to stop the back from stepping out.
But with a bit less front bias it brakes more level so when you roll off the brake it doesn't try and kill you; so you can then modulate power and unwind the steering on the way through the corner. Less of a tap-dance.

My biggest problem with no tire sound was with the NSX (ferrari #2, elise #3). The comforts on the elise gave it so much movement through the corner that it wasn't really too big of a deal. Lock-up is also telegraphed by the engine bogging down.
In the NSX though, it was impossible to know when the outside rear was going to try and kill me, or when the fronts were scrubbing so I had serious issues on the way in and out of corners. Was so frustrating after qualifying up front to not be able to race properly.
The Ferrari was only tough with the way the top of 2nd kicks the back end (fixed by short-shifting which is slower) and the aforementioned issue with scrubbing fronts causing me to understeer through the fast stuff (and of course drop a rear in the dust and spin out).

I'm actually warming up to entering more series where ABS is disabled. If nothing else, I think it makes for cleaner racing, since you can't go gung-ho at every corner.

That, and I think my braking actually improves with it off. :dunce:

After 2 days in bed with a fever, I basically stepped out and into my first ever race with ABS off and with very little practice at that. I continued to immediately make a mess of it at the start by forgetting to reset the brake balance down which resulted in completely locking up twice before fiddling with it during the not so long straights to set it to manageable levels. By that time I had already lost some positions (I also seem to be the world's slowest starter off the line). Had a nice (short) fight with CSL, and when I finally thought I had passed him for good, I threw away the car immediately after in the first corner, because I was looking in the mirror too much and missed my braking point. Without that off that cost me 10 seconds, I maybe could have finished 2 spots higher. Would have not been able to go with the pack though, although I was surprised I was able to do mid 43's constantly during the race.

The NSX on Motegi East was like a Déjà-vu of GT Academy. Also very similar speeds. I was basically keeping it on track without being able to do great things. (by the way, I think we ran that one with TCS disabled, but nobody seems to have noticed or cared)

The Scuderia then was actually better than expected for me. I was handed quite a good position through other people's mistakes in the first laps (after losing positions again at the start), but once everything had settled, I pretty much finished the race without any major mistakes in 5th.

Went to bed exhausted, but happy I was able to take part after that.

Back