Motor City Tunes

GoPro running for both races today. Lots of spins in front of me today.

From 10th to 6th in the 13 lap race. From 8th to 4th in the one hour 30 lapper. A good day. Will post the vids when we get home.

Sunday is 7 lap qual and a 13 lap feature. My goal is to finish in the top 5.

Sunday afternoon race, started from the pole. On grid with racing slicks on the car and it starts to rain, with no time to change to rains. Led for a while and had a six car lead, then over did it as the track got more wet. Straight off turn nine and head on into the tire wall. The front bumper is ripped and the driver's front fender is bent, but the tire wall did it's job - saved me and didn't total the car. I snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The GoPro camera was under the front bumper... was. There was a ten minute worker break right after our run so they let me head over to turn nine to look for the camera. It was fine and still on. I can't wait to watch the footage once I get everything unloaded.

Looking on the bright side of things; I am fine, the car is just lightly damaged, I ran up front all weekend, had a total blast and was looking for an excuse to repaint the car anyway. I think I will paint it Honda Lime Green Metallic. :)

Sunday afternoon race, started from the pole. On grid with racing slicks on the car and it starts to rain, with no time to change to rains. Led for a while and had a six car lead, then over did it as the track got more wet. Straight off turn nine and head on into the tire wall. The front bumper is ripped and the driver's front fender is bent, but the tire wall did it's job - saved me and didn't total the car. I snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The GoPro camera was under the front bumper... was. There was a ten minute worker break right after our run so they let me head over to turn nine to look for the camera. It was fine and still on. I can't wait to watch the footage once I get everything unloaded.

Looking on the bright side of things; I am fine, the car is just lightly damaged, I ran up front all weekend, had a total blast and was looking for an excuse to repaint the car anyway. I think I will paint it Honda Lime Green Metallic. :)

Glad you're still in one piece, shame about the car though. Looking forward to the vids...

{Cy}

Nice , i want to see this video.... really cool. I can borrow my Iracing MX5...... but it's so .... fake !!!
Congratulations anyway, it'll be for the next time, with a brand new green car.:)

-mx5.png

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

Motor City Hami

I miss running Mid Ohio :(. Second favorite track behind Elkhart Lake (Road America). Turn seven was the one that scared me the most (always worried I'd have brake fade :nervous: ).

Glad you came out in one piece 👍, and would love to see the footage :cheers:

Honda NSX-R Concept '01
456hp, 1056kg, 544PP

8084920434_3a49f9a3a2_c.jpg

This car was built for the FITT Fall Battle 2.0 Tuner Challenge. I only had 30 minutes to tune this car and I am entering it with less than the allowed 550 performance points. I just refuse to add a GT Auto rear wing to this car because they are so ugly. This car was tuned for style and for a fun ride. I doubt that this tune will be among the fastest of the field. Car is on share now.

Track: Cape Ring

Tuned using DS3 and ABS 1.

GT Auto Services
Oil Change after 200 mile break in
Car Wash
Honda Lime Green Metallic paint

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable
Sport Soft Tires

Offline Tune
RH -5/-3
Springs 10.0/9.5
Dampers ext 6/5
Dampers comp 3/5
ARB 3/4
Camber 2.7/2.2
Toe -0.21/0.07
LSD 12/14/9
Brake balance 6/5
Ballast 0
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 45/55
Power Level 100%

Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 124
1st gear 3.025
2nd gear 2.225
3rd gear 1.765
4th gear 1.475
5th gear 1.270
6th gear 1.110
Final gear 3.800
Top Speed 200km/124mph
Top Speed Window 175mph

Last edited:
Round one winner of the FITT 2000 Tuner Challenge - Group A

Honda S2000 Type V '03
294hp, 1330kg, 450PP
DS3, FPS Freek stick extenders, ABS 1, all other aids off.

8175587440_0f764e1576_c.jpg

This car was built for the FITT 2000 Tuner Challenge. The Honda S2000 has always been one of my favorite cars in GT5, but I had only driven the 2006 from the new car dealership. I have always thought that there are just too many duplicate cars in the game. I still feel that way. Why do we need a US version, a UE version a Type V '01 and an '03, etc? I still don't get that? PD built them, so since I was going to enter one into a competition, I thought it was time to look into the details for any differences. I tried a few different models in comparison to my beloved 2006 premium. Using the exact same tune at Grand Valley Speedway, I set out on some hot laps. Nearly exact lap times across the board. Nearly exact feeling across the board. I guess I shouldn't have expected PD to do anything different in the modeling of differt year cars? They did with the Miata, but I didn't find much difference with the S2000.

So, why did I pick the Type V '03. Three reasons. First, it has Type V in the name and since I work in marketing, that sounds like it has something extra. Second, the other two S2000 entries are both the premium 2006 and I wanted to be a little different. Third, I noticed that the rev limiter is 500 rpms higher with the same tune installed. That has to be worth something at LaSarthe, right? Nope. Still only 167 mph top speed and still almost the exact same lap time. Oh well. At least my car will look a little different from the other two.

This S2000 is one of the favorite cars and tunes that I have built so far. I plan to put thousands of mile on her in weekend online races so all of you FITT tuners, take note. This is the car that's going to beat you next weekend. Car is on share now.

Track: Grand Valley and LaSarthe

Tuned offline and online using DS3 and ABS 1.

GT Auto Services
20,000+ miles
Engine Rebuild/Oil Change
Chassis Refresh/Car Wash
Honda Lime Green Metallic paint
Rims - Rays Volk Racing RE30 - painted Honda Crystal Black Pearl

Installed Parts
ECU Tuning
Sports Exhaust manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Sport Soft Tires

2.09 Offline/Online Tune
RH -17/-17
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers ext 7/6
Dampers comp 5/4
ARB 5/4
Camber 3.2/2.0
Toe -0.12/0.03
LSD 8/11/8
Brake balance 5/6
Ballast 60
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 50/50
Power Level 99.8%

Final Gear to 5.000
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 4.000
2nd gear 2.900
3rd gear 2.250
4th gear 1.830
5th gear 1.550
6th gear 1.350
Top Speed 180km/112mph

Grand Valley Final gear 3.600
Top Speed Window 151mph

LaSarthe Final gear 2.950
Top Speed Window 185mph

Last edited:
Why I've just now stumbled on this thread is beyond me. Thanks Hami for sharing your wisdom with us. I do have some knowledge on the affects of tuning and your explanation has really brought it to life. Right now I'm working on an Alfa 147 Ti Twin Spark. Why that car? Not really sure. Started with "A" in the premium dealer and was looking for a FF vehicle and thats where I ended up. When time permits I'll get it tuned to my liking and share it with you and see what you think. Thanks again.

Winner of Round Two

Honda S2000 Type V '03
276hp, 1200kg, 450PP

8201408783_64a785279f_c.jpg

This car was built for round two of the FITT 2000 Tuner Challenge. The car was very fast in round one, winning Group A. Heading to Trail Mountain for this round, I put the car on a diet and gave her a new paint job. I thought the test drivers would enjoy a break from my usual obnoxious greens. Ahhhh, but check out these rims. :) I also adjusted the transmission based on round one feedback that the car felt a little sluggish. Finally, I tested ride heights and ended up very close to where I had started. I still love this car and like this new tune even better than the round one version. Enjoy. Car is on share now.

Track: Trail Mountain

Tuned offline using DS3 and ABS 1.

GT Auto Services
20,000+ miles
Engine Rebuild/Oil Change
Chassis Refresh/Car Wash
Obsidan Black Pearl paint
Rims - Rays Volk Racing RE30 - painted Brocade Yellow Pearl
Incidentally, Obsidan is a naturally occuring volcanic glass formed as extrusive igneous rock. And, Brocade is a class of richly decorated colored silks. I am not only providing you with quick tunes, but also educating you along the way.

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Sports Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Sport Soft Tires

2.09 Offline Tune
RH -19/-17
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers ext 7/6
Dampers comp 5/4
ARB 5/4
Camber 3.2/2.0
Toe -0.12/0.03
LSD 8/11/8
Brake balance 5/6
Ballast 83
Balast Position 0
Power Level 98.6%

Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.650
3rd gear 2.065
4th gear 1.680
5th gear 1.415
6th gear 1.215
Top Speed 180km/112mph
Final gear 3.960
Top Speed Window 150mph

Last edited:
Honda Civic Type R '08
222hp, 1270kg, 415PP

8280365574_596687ba37_c.jpg

Event: Seasonal 415PP Honda Civic Competition

Track: Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse

Tuned in seasonal event using Logitech G27 wheel with Nixim brake pedal mod
Wheel settings: simulation, power assist off, FFB 1
Driving aids: ABS 1, grip reduction real

GT Auto Services
200 mile break in
Oil Change
Front Type A Aero

Installed Parts
Adjustable LSD
Comfort Soft Tires

2.09 Seasonal Tune
RH -15/-10
Springs 9.5/10.5
Dampers ext 7/7
Dampers comp 4/7
ARB 2/6
Camber 2.7/0.5
Toe -0.25/-0.25
LSD 9/14/7
Brake balance 4/6
Ballast 0
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 60/40
Power Level 95.5%

Final Gear to 6.000
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 2.085
3rd gear 1.630
4th gear 1.335
5th gear 1.130
6th gear 0.980
Top Speed 112 mph
Final gear 4.850
Top Speed Window 135 mph

Last edited:
Tested and ran this setup on the Honda seasonals what a great easy car to drive . Great tune ,only thing it did was light the right front tire up red at times .thanks for the tune .

I still love this car and like this new tune even better than the round one version. Enjoy. Car is on share now.

You should love this car, it's bloody marvelous. It's a race car, not a time trial car, I could get in this, take it online and beat guys that whoop my arse day in, day out. Solid, stable and I don't doubt, even for it's diminutive stature, it'll take a few knocks in the pack without being unsettled. For me this is the most important thing for a car that you want to compete in against other people. Chasing the clock or a ghost is one thing, navigating a track with traffic is another all together. The second most important thing would be speed, which this has plenty of, so well done, Sir 👍

{Cy}

Tested and ran this setup on the Honda seasonals what a great easy car to drive . Great tune ,only thing it did was light the right front tire up red at times .thanks for the tune .

Thank you. I will be refining it over the next few weeks.

You should love this car, it's bloody marvelous. It's a race car, not a time trial car, I could get in this, take it online and beat guys that whoop my arse day in, day out. Solid, stable and I don't doubt, even for it's diminutive stature, it'll take a few knocks in the pack without being unsettled. For me this is the most important thing for a car that you want to compete in against other people. Chasing the clock or a ghost is one thing, navigating a track with traffic is another all together. The second most important thing would be speed, which this has plenty of, so well done, Sir 👍{Cy}

And, thank you too. My new favorite car for online racing. I was even able to beat Praiano using this tune and he is usually a full second faster than me.

And, thank you too. My new favorite car for online racing. I was even able to beat Praiano using this tune and he is usually a full second faster than me.

I think even I could cause him some trouble in this car. Congratulations on making my "Top 5 Cars That I've Driven In This Game". Praiano himself hasn't even made it onto that list 👍

{Cy}

Honda Civic Type (EP) '04
221hp, 1240kg, 415PP

8279308761_17c19fb2ae_c.jpg

Track: Autim Ring Mini and Trail Mountain

This tune feels like it is 90% of the way there. It still understeers - way better than stock - but still not the most joyous ride. I am burning the front tires off of this car.

GT Auto Services
200 mile break in
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Clutch: Twin Plate
Adjustable LSD
Comfort Soft Tires

2.09 Seasonal Tune
RH -20/-20
Springs 14.0/3.5
Dampers ext 9/5
Dampers comp 4/5
ARB 1/7
Camber 3.0/0.2
Toe -0.25/-0.25
LSD 7/14/5
Brake balance 2/10
Ballast 50
Balast Position 50
Power Level 98.3%

Final Gear to 6.000
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.024
2nd gear 2.100
3rd gear 1.635
4th gear 1.350
5th gear 1.145
6th gear 1.000
Top Speed 112 mph
Final gear 6.000
Top Speed Window 108mph

Last edited:
Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
215hp, 1050kg, 415PP

8279308625_4e519cec4c_c.jpg

Track: Tsukuba Circuit and Eifel (Kart) 108A

This tune feels like it is 90% of the way there. It still understeers - way better than stock - and better than the Civic posted above. I do get the front tires to the red glowing state in some of the corners. This tune still needs some work.

GT Auto Services
0 miles
Oil Change

Installed Parts
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Clutch: Twin Plate
Adjustable LSD
Comfort Soft Tires

2.09 Seasonal Tune
RH -5/0
Springs 12.0/4.5
Dampers ext 9/3
Dampers comp 5/3
ARB 2/5
Camber 2.8/0.0
Toe -0.17/0.00
LSD 7/14/5
Brake balance 4/7
Ballast 0
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 60.40
Power Level 98.4%

Final Gear to 6.000
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.000
2nd gear 2.100
3rd gear 1.640
4th gear 1.360
5th gear 1.170
6th gear 1.025
Top Speed 112 mph
Final gear 5.600
Top Speed Window 115mph

Last edited:
Lotus Elise 111R '04
262hp, 900kg, 480PP

7958813662_b3801631dd.jpg

This tune was built for the Time Trial #50 at Autumn Ring. The foundation of this tune was developed for the FITT 60/40 Vs. 40/60 Tuner Challenge. That tune won round one, placed second in round two and held the fastest average lap of both rounds. But, since the tune was built under update 2.07, it needed a refresh for the new 2.09 physics.

I have been driving the tune all night on this first night of the TT posting and have been able to keep it within the top ten. It won't stay there because though I am a good driver in GT5, I am not among the elite. Hopefully some of those gifted drivers can find success with this tune.

Enjoy.

GT Auto Services
Car Wash
Oil Change (after 200 mile plus break in)

Installed Parts
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Sports Hard Tires

2.09 Seasonal Tune
RH -5/-5
Springs 7.5/7.5
Dampers ext 6/7
Dampers comp 4/4
ARB 3/3
Camber 2.7/2.3
Toe -0.17/0.14
LSD 9/8/12
Brake 4/5
Balast 40
Ballast Position -25
Weight Distribution 42/58
Power Limiter 99.3%

Set Final Drive to 6.000
Set Top Speed to 112
Then set individual settings
1st gear 3.200
2nd gear 2.280
3rd gear 1.775
4th gear 1.465
5th gear 1.250
6th gear 1.100
Final gear 4.500
Top Speed 180km/112mph
Top Speed read out 144mph

Last edited:
Hey hami by chance do you have a hsv tune for 2.09 im looking for a all around tune for several tracks
Thanks

No. Only five posted tunes so far for 2.09. I just turned off the PS3. I think I built a quick tune for the car under 2.09. I will have to give it a run tomorrow night and see if it is worthy of posting.

Honda Civic Type R '08
222hp, 1270kg, 415PP

Track: Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse

GT Auto Services
200 mile break in
Oil Change
Front Type A Aero

Installed Parts
Adjustable LSD
Comfort Soft Tires

2.09 Seasonal Tune
RH -15/-10
Springs 9.5/10.5
Dampers ext 7/7
Dampers comp 4/7
ARB 2/6
Camber 2.7/0.5
Toe -0.25/-0.25
LSD 9/14/7
Brake balance 4/6
Ballast 0
Balast Position 0
Power Level 95.5%

Final Gear to 6.000
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 2.085
3rd gear 1.630
4th gear 1.335
5th gear 1.130
6th gear 0.980
Top Speed 112 mph
Final gear 4.850
Top Speed Window 135 mph

Tried this. While it has knocked 4 seconds off my overall time, lap times are still around 1:08 and I come 5th and not 4th. It's frustrating as you can see all four cars just up ahead.

Tried it a second time and got lap times 1:06-ish and 5th place and now under 8 seconds behind the winner, can't see this tune working for me though,.

Last edited:
Having recently clued into how to tune an LSD after reading some of your lengthy discussions in a couple of threads, I have a question.

I believe everything works exactly how you describe it. So my question is, why would anyone ever use an initial setting above the minimum of 5, unless and if they needed to control some kind of exit oversteer that cannot be controlled some other way? In other words, if oversteer is never an issue with a given car/tire/track/pp combo is 5 Initial always the best solution, assuming you have the Accel setting where you prefer it? Is there any possible downside to having an initial of 5?

I haven't had much time to drive or tune since 2.09 but once in a while I venture online into 450-550pp rooms usually on SS tires so I thought I'd take a look at some cars and update them for online racing. At 450-500 there isn't much wheelspin or oversteer on acceleration assuming you haven't overjuiced the Accel setting. I had most of the Initial's at 8-12 but switched them all to 5 and found that I was usually slightly faster (usually less than 0.5) and could get on the throttle earlier, although I'm not sure how much of the time gain was from the 2.09 update. The cars also felt better with the lower setting, and I felt like I had more control over the front end under hard acceleration.

I'm assuming that the harder the tire, the more important the Initial becomes because it's where you're more likely to encounter wheelspin on exit, but I haven't got to that point yet...lol.

In the past I've always thought people I competed against that were close to me in skill level, had slightly better launch than me out of most corners and I'm starting to think this might be part of the reason. A lower Accel setting allows you to get on the throttle a touch earlier because there's less chance of running wide and I can definitely feel that on some cars after switching to an Initial of 5.

/\
Yes. I agree with your description. On FF cars, 5 initial torque should be the most rotation. I am usually around 7 with low power FFs. It all depends upon the car and the track. For me, the car needs to feel consistent all the way through the corner. I don't want it to be a good turn in, good mid corner then super aggressive for track out. That can throw off your rhythm.

Five IT on FR and MR can make them a handful, depending upon power.

/\
Yes. I agree with your description. On FF cars, 5 initial torque should be the most rotation. I am usually around 7 with low power FFs. It all depends upon the car and the track. For me, the car needs to feel consistent all the way through the corner. I don't want it to be a good turn in, good mid corner then super aggressive for track out. That can throw off your rhythm.

Five IT on FR and MR can make them a handful, depending upon power.

Thanks for the input:tup:👍

Thanks for your setup on the Elise, it helped make a car I have a lot of difficulty with almost driveable. 👍 That plus AS set at strong. :lol: It was enough for gold.

Back