FITT Race Car Tuner Challenge

Which two tracks should we use? (choose two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Practice room open for 625PP at Monza.

1472-6681-3716-3556-6342

I think everything is up to date on page 1. I will add PSN names tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sorry about my poor racing guys (even for me :yuck: ). I did have fun and good to see some clean testing too.

Thanks 👍

Sorry about my poor racing guys (even for me :yuck: ). I did have fun and good to see some clean testing too.

Thanks 👍

I drove so badly tonight that I think I am going to get fired from Motor City Tunes... and we're kind of a one man show.

Try again tomorrow night.

Now off to run some dirty Nascar cause I'm pissed.

You are not alone, sorry MCHami if I drove badly on s bend :( I did see some cars moves erratically, it may be bad ping, it happens mainly on start line before 1st corner and when near other car :(

Edit : I'd just checked the replay, I was in the braking process entering into the S bend from the left side right after the gran turismo sign and you nudged me at over 140 km/h as you braked too deep. I did not weave around :) just saying.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the races for the most part guys.👍👍
The 625PP cars may be a bit too much for my skills though when sharing track with others...:drool::lol:

Car will be on share shortly, enjoy...

{Cy}

Opera Performance S2000 '04 - Built for MCH's FITT Race Car Tuner Challenge

Be warned, this car will not drive like the competition, it has next to no downforce compared to the proper race cars, but don't think that means it lacks grip. It can be a little fragile on the entry to corners that drop away, T10 (Bruxelles), T13 & T15 (either side of Campus), it is much more stable into the flatter or uphill corners. Through Eau Rouge it is possible to carry 130mph+, but requires absolute commitment from the driver. The faster drivers may be able to negotiate this section and the tricky T18 jink by merely lifting. For drivers like me a dab on the brakes is required, but keep your foot firmly placed on the throttle.

There should be nothing else for drivers to fear from this car, it has amazing pace. If you nail Eau Rouge just right, you should see 156mph before T7 (Les Combes), nearly 10mph faster than any other car I've tested. The aforementioned drivers may see higher speeds than this, the gearbox will run on to at least 166mph. Not that I'm expecting to see anyone get close to that without draft.

Use the pedals to modulate your line through the corners, you won't have the assurance of the downforce that the other cars have. Tiny, tiny modulations of the throttle will see you safely through most things. It's better to lift by the smallest fraction than to run wide and risk the car being upset over bumpier curbs.

Final note, I had difficulty testing this car at Spa, as I'm too tight to buy the DLC. I had to use the Dreams Cars Seasonal event, which presented its own problems. I have run the car at a few other tracks, in a private lobby and it seems to be ok. In all honesty, I don't know how well it is going to run in practise mode :scared:

Mazda RX-7 and GTR fan, on Flickr
operas200001.png

operas200003.png

Last edited:
It is officially Sunday where I live. When it hits Midnight on Sunday, December 9th where you live, the final tune is due and needs to be both posted here and on share. On Monday morning I will copy the final links to all of the tune entries and testing will be officially underway.

Also, we need more testers. Should I break the 500PP group in two? Would this attract more test drivers?

Argh…it's time already? Eh…MCH, mind giving me until tomorrow? I'm not allowed on the PS3 due to exams, so I can only get on when my parents aren't home, and that's tomorrow. I'll post both tunes by then.

Argh…it's time already? Eh…MCH, mind giving me until tomorrow? I'm not allowed on the PS3 due to exams, so I can only get on when my parents aren't home, and that's tomorrow. I'll post both tunes by then.

If it is posted by the time I wake up and turn on the computer on Monday morning, then the entry counts. That is usually around 6am Eastern Standard Time. So that's about, what... 8pm on Tuesday in Hong Kong? Does that work for you?

If it's 8PM on Tuesday, then it should be more than enough for me to get two tunes posted. Yea, that works.

Seeing as I didn't post a tune for this shootout you can add me as a 500pp test driver.:dopey:👍

Thanks for testing.

There is still time to post a tune.

On another note, my NSX RM is still gaining engine break in power and I am currently at 226.9 miles of driven distance. Not sure when it is going to stop breaking in.

When you complete RM modifications, maybe it resets the break-in to default? Did you have any miles on the car before you did the modifications? Seems odd that it's still breaking in unless this is the case.

When you complete RM modifications, maybe it resets the break-in to default? Did you have any miles on the car before you did the modifications? Seems odd that it's still breaking in unless this is the case.
Guaranteed.
Also, "miles" gathered on "test course" (outside normal practice) don't count. (I caught a couple cars taking more than the standard 186 miles before I caught on to this)

I will likely post a a tune for benchmarking purposes if I get a chance tonight; I think it's ready, but I have to review the gear setup. It's the RX-7 LM.

It will be, um, interesting. My DS3 skills, such as they were, have completely atrophied.

CSLACR
Guaranteed.
Also, "miles" gathered on "test course" (outside normal practice) don't count. (I caught a couple cars taking more than the standard 186 miles before I caught on to this)

This. I ran a bunch of miles online. Do online miles count against break in?

I simply got my B-Spec Bobs to do the break-in bit. Ran the Nurb 24h for an hour and 40 mins and it was well broken in after that.

Online miles only break-in if tyre wear/fuel consumption is turned on during the race. Otherwise, you'll gain miles and nothing else. Convenient.
Anyway, I'll submit my tunes when I wake up tomorrow.

If it is posted by the time I wake up and turn on the computer on Monday morning, then the entry counts. That is usually around 6am Eastern Standard Time. So that's about, what... 8pm on Tuesday in Hong Kong? Does that work for you?

There will be Monday too, not Tuesday. :)

Car on share, FRs sent to testers. I'll update this post with the tune in the morning (my morning).

Best way to break in the car is to just run the Laguna Seca 200 mile endurance race. Full break in is only 186 miles (300 km) but 200 miles leaves no doubt. 👍

I'll post my Integra soon. It's done and written up but I still need to make banners for it.

Tune based on the track built TOP FUEL ZERO 1000 CIVIC EK ( 388PS, 945kg )

HONDA CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97 " ZERO 1000 "
500PP

DOVER WHITE
8257894598_600550c3b5_b_d.jpg

Specs
Displacement : 1595cc
Drivetrain : FF
Horsepower: 329 hp at 8900 RPM
Torque: 224 ft-lb at 6400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 899 kg
Performance Points: 500

8256826297_5cb7b27c88_z_d.jpg

Tuning Parts Installed :

Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter : Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Full Customizable Transmission
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD

Racing Hard Tires

Weight Adjustments :
Ballast Amount: 54 kg
Ballast Position: 49
Weight Balance : 56/44

Aero :
Front : 8
Rear : 8

Transmission :
1st : 2.765
2nd : 2.050
3rd : 1.592
4th : 1.290
5th : 1.091
6th : 0.950
Final : 4.100

8256825821_e278385e22_z_d.jpg

LSD
Initial Torque : 6
Acceleration Sensitivity: 11
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Ride Height: (-10) (0)
Spring Rate: 15.5 8.9
Dampers (Extension): 6 7
Dampers (Compression): 7 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 6
Camber Angle: 4.5 3.0
Toe Angle: 0.25 -0.10

Brake Balance :

F/R : 10/8

8256824717_681b07bf82_z_d.jpg

Tuner's Note : Do not be afraid, this little Civic can be pushed hard, with proper entry into a corner and progressive throttle input on exits, also best done with trail braking as it was optimized that way during tuning and testing. A fast driver should be able to get into sub 2:30s. Enjoy the detuned version of Top Fuel Zero 1000 Civic EK :D

Last edited:
BMW 320i Touring Car '03

circuitdespafrancorchamefz.jpg

Found in the Used Car Dealership

321bhp
500pp
201 ft. lb. @7500 RPM of torque
weight 1169 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine Overhaul
weight Reduction
Nope
Engine
None
Intake
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Racing Hard (R1)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - FRONT- 20 REAR- 29
Weight Adjustment: 29@50

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 112
1st - 5.810
2nd - 4.140
3rd - 3.010
4th - 2.335
5th - 1.898
Final - 2.200
Adjust for speed using final gear

LSD - 18/22/10

Ride Hight - Front: -10 Rear: 0
Spring Rate- Front: 16.2 Rear: 13.4
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 2.0 Rear: 2.2
Toe Angle- Front: -0.22 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 6 Rear: 3

TUNER NOTES -
Mada for the F.I.T.T Race Car Tuner Challange. Not the fastest, that's for sure, but it is a very stable car to drive and should not hurt too many testers.

BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01

autodromonazionalemonzal.jpg

Found in the Used Car Dealership

678bhp
625pp
489 ft. lb. @6300 RPM of torque
weight 1186 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine Overhaul
weight Reduction
Stock
Engine
Stage 3
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Racing
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Stock
Drivetrain
Stock
Suspention
Racing
Tires
Racing Med. (R2)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce: FRONT- 20 REAR- 45
Weight Adjustment: 66@20

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 162
1st - 4.690
2nd - 3.470
3rd - 2.600
4th - 2.075
5th - 1.685
6th - 1.418
Final - 2.400
Adjust for speed using final gear

LSD - 7/8/10

Ride Hight - Front: -10 Rear: 0
Spring Rate- Front: 11.6 Rear: 11.6
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 1.8 Rear: 2.2
Toe Angle- Front: -0.22 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 3

TUNER NOTES -
Made for the F.I.T.T. Race Car Tuner Challange. Fast a easy at high speeds. Easy on throttle out of slow speed corners, and you should be fine :nervous:

LEXUS IS F RM '07
625PP

SCOTIA WHITE

8256827459_92b1ca8b10_b_d.jpg

Specs
Displacement : 4968cc
Drivetrain : FR
Horsepower: 707 hp at 8000 RPM
Torque: 545 ft-lb at 6100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 96.2%
Weight: 1222 kg
Performance Points: 625

8256827841_382dfc66e2_z_d.jpg

Tuning Parts Installed :

Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter : Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Full Customizable Transmission
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft

Racing Medium Tires

Weight Adjustments :
Ballast Amount: 37 kg
Ballast Position: 46
Weight Balance : 52/48

Aero :
Front : 15
Rear : 30

Transmission :
1st : 3.900
2nd : 2.506
3rd : 1.875
4th : 1.452
5th : 1.185
6th : 1.000
7th : 0.850
8th : 0.735
Final : 4.000

8257195655_04cd829120_z_d.jpg

LSD
Initial Torque : 6
Acceleration Sensitivity: 12
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Ride Height: (-25) (-15)
Spring Rate: 13.0 9.8
Dampers (Extension): 4 6
Dampers (Compression): 2 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 6
Camber Angle: 2.8 1.8
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.11

Brake Balance :

F/R : 10/8

8257897912_3359b5735a_z_d.jpg

Tuner's Note
: The car has 8 speed gearbox, get busy with the shifter :) Handling wise, the car is sublime, braking can be done quite late, 1st chicane, the car can brake as late as just after the 200M sign, maybe even bit later :D Enjoy the ride, don't forget to drive it in cockpit view:)

Last edited:
My Integra is on share now. It won't be coming off until the end of the shootout so feel free to test it. Post coming shortly.

And it's up.

Last edited:
Back