FITT Race Car Tuner Challenge

Which two tracks should we use? (choose two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure how I'll manage friending everyone. My primary account where the cars are is 100% full. I'm thinking of sending my cars to my secondary account. Not sure if Zonda will pass the CR Limit...Stand by for my FR's

You may need to get someone else to host the Zonda...it's over the credit limit I believe.

GTP_Ronald6 doesn't exist on PSN, but GTP_Ronald does. Might want to fix that again, Hami. :lol:

Sent FR's to all testers now. 👍

Had to do some spring cleaning, I think I got everyone in both Classes. If I missed you, notify me.
Friggin obnoxious and expensive Zonda.

Just sent FRs to Biffa, southernpride and ealirendur...think that's everyone...:drool:

Pretty sure I saw something earlier about splitting the 500 class for testing. Is that still on?

Noone responded to that suggestion. If more people are willing to test, I would gladly split the 500PP group. Many of the testers already listed would likely still want to test all cars. If it would attract more testers, I would make the split today.

There are almost enough S2000s to make them their own class?

Noone responded to that suggestion. If more people are willing to test, I would gladly split the 500PP group. Many of the testers already listed would likely still want to test all cars. If it would attract more testers, I would make the split today.

There are almost enough S2000s to make them their own class?

I really want to test drive I'm just afraid of overcommitting because it seems every time I volunteer to do it lately, I get busy at work and can't make it. So far I have a light schedule up until Christmas so it's looking good for testing. Add me to the 625 PP group for now and we'll see how it goes, please.

s2000lmforfitt.png

Comments - One of my favourite cars in the game but never had a chance to race it so it was fun to drive and tune. Good grip, solid, stable, lots of hp for those long flat out runs at Spa.

Can run mid - 2:26's without breaking a sweat and my best was a 2:26.1. Had I run more laps it would have been in the 25's for sure. Should be a fun drive for everyone.

500PP
362HP
1250kgs

Parts - High RPM Turbo, Custom LSD

Ballast 200 kgs @ 6 Weight Distribution 49/51
Engine Limiter 94.6%

Ride Height -30/-30
Springs 15.4/15.0
Ext. Dampers 9/9
Comp. Dampers 8/8
ARB's 4/4

Camber 3.0/2.3
Toe -.10/-.20

LSD 5/16/5
Aero 16/20
Brake Balance 4/5

Transmission

Reset
Top Speed 200 km/h
Final Gear 2.945
1 - 5.124
2 - 3.932
3 - 3.144
4 - 2.595
5 - 2.185
6 - 1.858

:grumpy:

500PP Entry- Honda Integra Type R Touring Car

Gearbox is set by resetting the settings to default, final gear to minimum, do all the rest as shown.

Not much to say here, the car just seems to prefer short shifting before you get on the power when coming out of corners.

:grumpy::grumpy:

As funny as that is, I am not quite certain what it means:grumpy: You'll have to flesh it out a bit:idea:

One good thing I suppose..you got a double :grumpy::grumpy: on your own tune, so I'm guessing that means I'm slightly ahead of the game:)

1 tune per post. Quoted them, so I could link them for AdrenaTune.com
Grumpy face, for breaking the rules.
Double grumpy face, to acknowledge the double post I was creating. (And the irony of actually breaking a real rule)
:)

XDesperado67
Just sent FRs to Biffa, southernpride and ealirendur...think that's everyone...:drool:

Send the fr to FAI-HUN1209 ,not southernpride20 thx sorry for any confusion.for all tuner sry please add this name thanks

I think after some test that i've let my car 500PP too sharp, with a too low aero value. It's faster like this but it's also hard to take eau rouge full throttle, need to stay on a perfect line if not, red lap or loose speed with the rear going out a bit.... But it's ok, this is the price to pay. It's a good challenge too.

Good luck to all the testers.👍:)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

Adrenaline
Double grumpy face, to acknowledge the double post I was creating. (And the irony of actually breaking a real rule)

Logic: the process of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence. ;) 👍

:grumpy: :grumpy:

Spa 500pp RH test results

DFGT, manual w/ paddles
All aids off, ABS 1, Grip real
Tested offline in Practice mode A-spec

ACSR421: Honda S2000 LM Race Car
DC: .5
Time: 2:27.874
Review:
It took me more than a few laps to get familiar with this car. Throttle timing, not just 'control,' is crucial. A difference of 0.005 seconds in throttle application can have a drastic effect in the cars rotation at the apex.
Still, I know what the cars line will be when I put the throttle to the floor, and that won't be shooting off the track (usually). Cornering comes down to two words: point, throttle! Not always in a straight line, but a very predictable arc. Only in one or two corners does throttle control come into play. I'm not sure what can be done about that. I think it's the nature of the aero at this level.
Highly enjoyable and very competition this car's times speak for themselves, fully 2.2 seconds faster than my personally tuned ARTA Gariya (as ACSR proved lap after lap online... sigh). But if I could find a car that favored throttle control over throttle timing I would prefer that car, so this tune only gets a half point from me. It doesn't really need the DC score with its time anyway.
Edit: the brakes are awesome.

CSLACR: Spoon S2000 Race Car '00
Time:2:28.437
Review:
Good balance and grip with a somewhat wild side. This car is capable of better times with more laps.

CyKosis1973:
Time: 2:28.670
Review:
Much more drifty than ACSR's. The car is easier to rotate but I can't hold as much speed through the corners.
The braking is ok but not great and stability under high speed braking can be chancy at best, not for fear of loss of control but because predictability is low.

C-ZETA:
Time: 2:29.966
Review:
This car feels more balanced than CyKo's and easier to drive.
But (if I remember correctly from last night) this car has less grip (more understeer) when trying to point the car into a corner at high speed (like eau Rogue or whatever its called, I'm not French) and I lose a lot of time having to brake/throttle lift off to rotate the car sometimes.
Braking is OK, gearing is OK.
Throttle application is vastly different than CyKo's, I'm interested in seeing the differences in the tune setting numbers after the shootout is over.

Jackthalad: Honda Integra Type R (DC5) RM '04
Time: 2:29.816
Review:
Very good balance and grip. The brakes are excellent.

Johnnypenso: Honda S2000 LM Race Car
DC: 1
Time: 2:28.202
Review:
Excellent times and maneuverability in one package. This tune feels much more intuitive and responsive than ACSR's and I would trust it more in a race against other drivers, while ACSR's is better in a TT setting for me.
Everything about this car is very good. Rotation through the first corner (which is what, 300 degrees?) is quick, controlled and fast. Most other cars lost time there due to either not enough rotation or not enough balance to throttle cleanly out. This car felt wonderful through that corner and put a massive grin on my face.
I could probably beat my time against ACSR's tune, but not in the allotted laps I'm running, 10 per car.

Krenkme: BMW 320i Touring Car '03
Time: 2:32.158
Review:
The car felt good and had excellent rotation. Its grip under full throttle while accepting extreme steering inputs is simply amazing. But its just not that fast.
Only five gears but well spaced. This car would rock on a track that either consisted of low and mid speed corners or a track with only mid and high speed corners. The mixture of low through high is killing the power range of this car.

MotorCityHamilton: Acura NSX RM '91
Time: 2:31.328
Review:
My eyes! It burns! ... jk
I had to switch from sports soft to racing hard.
I only had three green laps with this car. Its 'slip' range isn't balanced or productive. Once I pushed the car too far I lost a lot of time if not complete control. I wouldn't want to drive this car in an online room. If I had more time and laps then it could be very competitive.

NewDriver2:
Times: 2:31.014
Review:
Exceptional balance and stability under throttle.
This car needs a bumper sticker that says: In Throttle I trust.
Every lap, no joke, I improved my line and time. I only got one red lap and that was due to eau Rogue. By lap 4 I knew my biggest block for this car would be having the coconuts to keep the throttle as planted as I dared. Keep it down and trust in wheel timing and control, instead of throttle steering, to direct the car.
I just wish it was faster. With drafting and a slightly longer 6th gear this car should dominate on the track.

OnBoy123: Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
Time: 2:29.181
Review:
Amazing FF. All gears except first I can just floor it and I won't just burn the fronts up. Very good rotation for an FF, but the first corner and last chicane complex lack enough rotation but have enough acceleration out that the lack isn't felt too much.
Under steer isn't a problem unless I push far to hard, and even then the car is exceptionally predictable. This car would be simple to drive with traffic and still maintain a quick line.

Praiano: RenaultSport ... Trophy Sport Car '00
DC:.5
Time: 2:29.921
Review:
This car is capable of times much faster than my BLY (best lap yet). If I could put in 30 laps instead of just 10 then I could probably increase my time by at least a second if not two.
I lose time in every corner. Unlike OnBoy's FF this car has more to give on every corner and throttle and steering control is needed at all times.

Ridox: Honda Civic Type R (EK) RM '97
Time: 2:34.132
Review:
Ummm... tact.
This tune is not for me. I had only three green laps.

RobRabbitMan: Acura NSX RM '91
Time: 2:29.963
Review:
Great maneuverability and balance. My lap times were all very consistently for me.
This car did everything very well. Rotation through the tightest corners was great and the tune didn't feel like it was sacrificing high speed stability while cornering.
If only it had a sixth gear.

ugabugas: Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Time: 2:28.244
Review:
Excellent maneuverability and high speed grip and balance. This car is the complete package. I can easily see myself stomping all over a room with this cars speed, quickness and maneuverability.

VTiRoj: Honda Integra Type R (DC5) RM '04
Time: 2:29.999
Review:
Very good all around. The brakes are particularly good. The rear end had the perfect amount of grip and maneuverability. Too bad its so easy to overtax the front tyres.

XDesperado: Toyota Altezza Touring Car
Time: 2:28.311
Review:
Unbelievable grip at high speed. It takes fearless timing to do eau Rogue (sp?) full pedal without losing too much time. Rotation is a little lacking but the balance and grip more than make up for that. Braking is excellent.

Last edited:
So CSL is a good man for testing and what am I? Chopped liver?:rolleyes::P:D

Are ya testing me 500PP Bipolar Monster..?? Huh, punk..?? That's what I thought :sly::mischievous:

{Cy}

PS - I'm quite looking forward to Praiano's times too. The dual high/low of seeing how fast your car can go and seeing how slow you really are..!!

Are ya testing me 500PP Bipolar Monster..?? Huh, punk..?? That's what I thought :sly::mischievous:

{Cy}

PS - I'm quite looking forward to Praiano's times too. The dual high/low of seeing how fast your car can go and seeing how slow you really are..!!
I always look forward to seeing the times by some of the faster drivers around here...makes me keep trying to improve my own driving.:) What hurts though is when I nail a great lap during tuning, expect the better drivers to post really insane times and then it doesn't happen...those are rather a let down for me.:crazy::drool::lol:

I feel happy when my car driven by another driver could post better times than me, the early tune of the 500PP Civic entry ( still using the high range turbo which is harder to handle ) was driven by another member here, he posted 2:30-2:31 times and said sub 2:30 is possible. That alone gave me high hopes that the car indeed is not the underdog that can't compete with the other better 500PP cars at high speed tracks like Spa. Here's hoping the testers could get 2:29 or faster :D

I always look forward to seeing the times by some of the faster drivers around here...makes me keep trying to improve my own driving.:) What hurts though is when I nail a great lap during tuning, expect the better drivers to post really insane times and then it doesn't happen...those are rather a let down for me.:crazy::drool::lol:

It's a rarity for me, but I know what you mean. Sometimes there just isn't anything else to be had from a car, my 2000 GT-R for instance. I didn't see the normal gulf between my fastest times and those of our resident aliens, certainly not when you factor the distance at La Sarthe...

EDIT:
:grumpy: :grumpy:

CyKosis1973:
Time: 2:28.670
Review:
Much more drifty than ACSR's. The car is easier to rotate but I can't hold as much speed through the corners.
The braking is ok but not great and stability under high speed braking can be chancy at best, not for fear of loss of control but because predictability is low.

You need to slow down, use a DS3 and set grip to "Plenty". Thanks for the laps, I'm even more curious now to see what can be done with this thing. I ran faster times than this, but that was with fleeting moments of draft as I manouvered around traffic...

{Cy}

Ahhh...I vaguely recall reading that somewhere...sorry it's my 4th and 5th tune I've ever posted...lol. So should I drop the bottom tune and repost it in another post?

I think after some test that i've let my car 500PP too sharp, with a too low aero value. It's faster like this but it's also hard to take eau rouge full throttle, need to stay on a perfect line if not, red lap or loose speed with the rear going out a bit.... But it's ok, this is the price to pay. It's a good challenge too.

Good luck to all the testers.👍:)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

Mine is the same way. If you're familiar with Spa it's not so hard, but if you aren't that familiar then I'm sunk anyway because there as several corners that require a certain track knowledge for the car to work best.

Mine is the same way. If you're familiar with Spa it's not so hard, but if you aren't that familiar then I'm sunk anyway because there as several corners that require a certain track knowledge for the car to work best.

Exactly , i'm not very familiar with SPA, i need to drive it more, i'm sure that i'm 1 second above my possible time. This track have 3 or 4 points where you need to know the way to pass faster, like a trick.
-Eau rouge ( this one i think i've got it)
-right left right of "les combes" ,need to prepare the line for a good out (i need to work it a lot.)
-The double left "pouhon" (How to take it??? far right trajectory with speed ?? or staying closer to apex to reduce the way ???)
- Some others tricky spots after this too....

This testings will be a good exercise for sure.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Exactly , i'm not very familiar with SPA, i need to drive it more, i'm sure that i'm 1 second above my possible time. This track have 3 or 4 points where you need to know the way to pass faster, like a trick.
-right left right of "les combes" ,need to prepare the line for a good out (i need to work it a lot.)
-The double left "pouhon" (How to take it??? far right trajectory with speed ?? or staying closer to apex to reduce the way ???)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

I've probably killed a few test drivers already :ouch: I've spent a good proportion of today racing a replica of my entry online, with racing soft rubber on. Two swift changes changed the car drastically. I'd driven my entry online and found it ok, but after having driven some other cars since then and going back to it today, I think I'm going to be facing some lawsuits 👎:grumpy:

{Cy}

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Les Combes you exit the left in the middle so you can get to the left for the right-hand exit. (Follow the rubber pretty much exactly)
Pouhon you have to be careful not to quite hit the inside curbing usually, taken in a single sweeping motion, it goes out/in/out/in/out. Think of the first corner as the "entry apex", the middle (where the car wants to go wide) is the "corner apex" and the next is the "exit apex".
There's easily a second in hitting each apex vs not. :/

625 pp Race car test results sheet
5 green laps each
I used DS3, manual trans. with sensitivity set to 5

CSL Vette 1:41.985

Needs more power. Easy to drive and handles really well as I would expect from the higher Aero settings. I was able to drive 5 for 5 green laps but the car just didn&#8217;t have enough speed down the straights for quicker times from me. DC .5

Ealirendur RX7 LM 1:40.875

Loose, aggressive, scary and that&#8217;s just backing it down off the trailer. Joking aside this is a wild ride. Needed 8 laps total to get 5 green. The car is fast but I had difficulty holding it on my line. My driving style may be conflicting with your setup. DC 0

Johnny Penso Viper 1:40.370

Drives well but could use quicker turn in through the chicanes. Easy to drive and handles well enough for me to go 5 for 5 green laps. Good speed DC .5

C-Zeta GT Citroen Race car 1:40.748

Braking distance is long and 7th gear is too close to 6th. Otherwise the tune is good I missed my braking points a couple times at first and needed to restart. The car has good rotation while being just a bit tail happy. Coming out of the 1st chicane felt like I was between 2nd and 3rd gear. I would adjust it some as it did affect my lap times. DC .5

Ugabugaz Zonda LM Race car 1:40.452

Need throttle control exiting certain corners. I had to be careful not to induce throttle oversteer. It wasn&#8217;t excessive or hard to control once I adjusted to it though. Good brakes and overall speed. I was getting faster in it when I ran out of laps. I could probably get it into the high 1:39s with more time.
DC .5

Ridox Lexas IS-F RM 1:42.272

I changed to abs1 but brake balance was too strong the fronts turned red and stayed red causing entry understeer unless I let off the brakes early. 198 mph top speed was very good. It got thru the first 2 chicanes very well but I felt the car understeered in the other corners. With a few tweaks it would be in the 1:40s for me. DC 0

Onboy Camaro LM Race car 1:41.437

Not a canidate for the scary car award from me (Ealirendur and Ridox are :nervous:). I enjoyed the tune and the only thing I would wish for is a little quicker response from the front end when transitioning right-left or left-right. Oh and more top speed of course. Well done. DC .5

Krenks BMW M3 Race car 1:41.338

Not quite as sharp as XDs car. I noticed a slight push on mid corner and exit. I liked the gearing, brakes and stability of this car. DC .5

Xdesperado BMW M3 Race car 1:40.699

Second gear was a little tall for me when exiting the first chicane. This car had the right feel for my driving style. Good cornering all around and easy to drive. DC 1

MCH Ford GT Test car 1:39.647

Had to focus on getting the car to the apex a little earlier than mine. Great job on finding more hp and speed/acceleration than mine. I enjoyed driving it, well done. DC 1

ACSR Ford GT Test car 1:39.167

Not as easy to drive as Hami's car. I drove mine the fastest consistently but was more prone to making mistakes in my own car than some of the other entries. I needed 8 laps to get 5 green. I could carry more momentum around the track resulting in my fastest laps but having the car tuned for me was probably a big reason why. DC 1

Thanks to all the testers and tuners involved for making this shootout great fun to be apart of. :dopey: :cheers: :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back