FITT Race Car Tuner Challenge

Which two tracks should we use? (choose two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used DS3, manual trans. with sensitivity set to 5

Ealirendur RX7 LM 1:40.875

Loose, aggressive, scary and that’s just backing it down off the trailer. Joking aside this is a wild ride. Needed 8 laps total to get 5 green. The car is fast but I had difficulty holding it on my line. My driving style may be conflicting with your setup. DC -

I think I see my problem - my quick and dirty DS3 test was with Sensitivity 0 :crazy: Even then, I don't know what I'm doing with DS3 anymore.

It wouldn't really over-turn on me, and the throttle response was still very manageable, but you'd need to be smooth with it at higher sensitivities (or, um, turn it down a peg?). Ironically, the ride is partly as on the wild side as it is because I was convinced that DS3 drivers needed it to turn in at the merest thought - which this car and setup did like practically no other for me :scared:

As far as downshift goes, I typically either feed in a little gas or just delay slightly until revs have dropped a bit when dropping to 1st or 2nd . In that way you can actually choose how much rotation you get, which is a feature rather than a bug :sly: (It also shouldn't shift down super early/aggressively for AT, maybe too conservative). My old DS3 setup was with L2/R2 as brake/accel, instead of the right stick, since I wanted heel/toe available, even though I preferred the linearity of the stick.

Thanks for the test, feedback, and surviving to give it!

Last edited:
Les Combes you exit the left in the middle so you can get to the left for the right-hand exit. (Follow the rubber pretty much exactly)
Pouhon you have to be careful not to quite hit the inside curbing usually, taken in a single sweeping motion, it goes out/in/out/in/out. Think of the first corner as the "entry apex", the middle (where the car wants to go wide) is the "corner apex" and the next is the "exit apex".
There's easily a second in hitting each apex vs not. :/

Thanks for the informations, i think i have to drive and drive against my ghost with this in mind. 👍:)

Reminder for test drivers:

Driver's choice for this event is a little different from previous FITT events. I wanted lap time to be the biggest driver of the score (10 available points for lap times) and drivers choice bonus to be worth less (up to 1 available point from driver's choice). Please use the terminology below for your driver's choice scores. Every tune needs one of these ratings.

Outstanding – With this tune I will be spending a considerable amount of time with my team… in the winner’s circle (1 bonus point).

Driveable – With my superior driving talents I should be able to win some/lose some with this tune (1/2 a bonus point).

Holy Crap – If I were forced to race this car I would fear for my life. I could crash and burst into flames at any moment (no bonus).

I shall wager all two of my cars falling into the very latter category. Especially since AC is testing with steering sensitivity at 5 and my Camaro is a bit lairy with it at default setting of 0.

I'm not driving Spa, but here's some reference laps for line:

(links only to avoid clutter)

Fast F2010

Even Faster F2010

The second I dropped over these guys in the F2010 in that TT was mostly in T2 - Les Combes and Pouhon, natch. Lost nothing in T1, less than two tenths in T3, 8+ in T2. Very tough sector.

Vagabond's (the driver of the first of the previous two again) line in a substantially heavier car:
GT-R N24 Schulze

Oh, wait, they're the same :sly: (barring what looks like a too-hard-to-hold-the-tummy-in bit in Les Combes)

And I'm now hoping to outdo Onboy in the scaring-drivers department.

Last edited:
MotorCityHamilton: Acura NSX RM '91
I had to switch from sports soft to racing hard.

Odd. Just pulled the car off share and checked and it is equipped with Racing Hard Tires.

Also, scoring sheets are now ready to use and have been linked in post #4. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7859252#post7859252 I will update the scoring sheets any time that testers post new times. Since the total points recalculate every time I enter a new time, this creates a fun "live-ish" timing and scoring system to watch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the informations, i think i have to drive and drive against my ghost with this in mind. 👍:)
Very similar to each set of corners at Indy Speedway, with no time between the corners. Slow down through the first corner, apexing the outside, and accelerating through from there out. 👍
And Jackie says don't touch the throttle till you know you don't have to take it off.

500pp Spa results.

Tested using DS3 (pad,rather than stick) and Auto Trans.Cars run for 10 laps each.

In time order:-

ACSR421 - Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Time - 2:26:965
Drivers choice - Outstanding.
Great car. Very controllable. Tail stepped out a few times but still quick. Will be surprised if we don't see 2:25's or quicker in this.

Johnnypenso - Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Time - 2:27:570
Drivers choice - Outstanding
Nice car, excellent grip throughout, very easy to drive, but don't push it too hard!!

XDesperado67 - Toyota Altezza Touring Car
Time - 2:27:795
Wonderful drive. Easy to get consistent lap times and the closest so far to the S2000's. Bravo Sir.

ugabugaz - Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Time - 2:27:826
Drivers choice - Driveable (only because it was slower than the other two)
Slower times than the other S2000 LM Racecar's, but drove just as well. Not sure why slower, maybe not suited to Auto transmission?

CyKosis1973 - Opera Performance S2000
Time - 2:27:851
Drivers choice - Driveable
Not a bad drive at all. Slightly drifty but nothing uncontrollable with the pad. Unable to take a couple of corners flat like other cars, but produced a good time.

CSLACR - Spoon S2000 Race Car '00
Time - 2:27:880
Excellent grip, good speed. Left myself very disappointed that I wasn't able to produce a lap this car deserved. Drivers choice outstanding as there was nothing wrong with the car. Apologies to the tuner.

praiano63 - Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car
Time - 2:28:717
Never been much of a fan of the quicker Renault's due to my inability to control the rear, however, this produced a decent time and it's a tune i'll be using more I feel. Took a while to master the Eua Rouge section, lots of red laps. Probably another .5 to 1 second available but couldn't get it in the alloted laps. Watch out for the rear stepping out.

Onboy123 - Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
Time - 2:29:030
Another very good car. Get your line wrong, and you'll suffer. Get it right, however, and you'll be handsomely rewarded. It also made me realise high powered FF cars are not for button mashers like me!! Lots of time left on track, just couldn't find it.

C-ZETA - Opera Performance S2000
Time - 2:29:246
Took a few laps to work this one out, but once I sort of did, produced good results. Not as quick or as stable as the LM variants, but good nonetheless.

VTiRoj - Honda Integra RM
Time - 2:29:253
Stable, fast, a little less understeer than the other FF's. Didn't disappoint. Again, plenty of time left on the track that other more able drivers will find.

robrabbitman - Acura NSX RM '91
Time - 2:29:326
Had to add 3kg's of weight as was at 501pp when borrowed. Just a tad quicker than MotorCtyHamilton's NSX, but can't quite put my finger on why.

Jackthalad - Honda Integra RM
Time - 2:30:339
Good balanced car. Plenty of grip through the corners. Great brakes. Little more power required to be competetive.

MotorCtyHamilton - Acura NSX RM '91
Time - 2:30:598
Very stable, very predictable. Easy to get the power on. The 1st car I drove in this shootout, and the one that I hoped all would be like.

krenkme - BMW 320i Touring Car '03
Time - 2:31:059
Nice car to drive.Good grip through corners, good grip under acceleration, good brakes. Not enough power though to challenge.

OTS_NEWDRIVER2 - Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Time - 2:31:927
Very stable car. Did exactly as I asked most of the time. Seemed to be missing the extra oomph, maybe 5 or 6 mph on the quicker parts of the track compared top the NSX's and S2000's. Excellent brakes.

Ridox2JZGTE - Honda Civic EK '97 RM
Time - 2:33:882
Drivers choice - Holy Crap
Not really suited to my driving style. Seemed to have the power there, but I struggled to use it. Lack of traction under braking and acceleration, and my inability to adjust my driving style in the 10 laps, probably cost a good lap time.

625pp Monza Results

MotorCtyHamilton - Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Time - 1:40:293
Very easy to drive. Good, consistent lap times. Good brakes.Watch out for 1st gear at 1st chicane though!!

ACSR421 - Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Time - 1:40:783
Less grip than MCH's. Would have liked to get the power down earlier. Into the 1:40's though.

Johnnypenso - Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car
Time - 1:40:863
Was eager to see how this car matched up to the Ford's. Quite well as it turned out, although didn't find it as easy to drive.

XDesperado67 - BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
Time - 1:41:286
Good grip, good speed. No red laps. Can't ask for anything more, apart from Auto Trans not dropping to 1st gear at 1st chicane. Be warned!!

Ealirendur - Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car
Time - 1:41:517
Not as easy to point and go. Seemed to have good speed, but some understeer.

krenkme - BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
Time - 1:41:685
Lots of tyre marks left coming out of 1st chicane. Decent drive around rest of circuit. Good traction for the most part.

C-ZETA - Citroën GT by Citroën Race Car
Time - 1:41:882
This car almost has it all. Looks, speed, 7 gears!. Unfortunately brakes not sufficient enough and would benefit from better turn in at the chicanes. Felt there was a good time to be had somewhere, not in my hands though.

ugabugaz - Pagani Zonda LM Race Car
Time - 1:41:917
Drivers choice - Holy crap
Now that was a battle. Spent most of the laps battling drift. Difficult to get the power down. Competitive time however. Not for me though.

CSLACR - Corvette C5-R (C5) '00
Time - 1:42:345
Very consistent. Brakes, grip,power through corners all good. Not the fastest, but a pleasure to drive.

Onboy123 - Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car
Time - 1:42:404
Got to be honest, was expecting complete carnage. 1 red lap out of 10 though(due to me cutting corner), and a decent lap time for a 1st drive on Monza for a while.

Ridox2JZGTE (PSN: GTP_Orido) - Lexas IS-F RM
Time - 1:43:416
Drivers choice - Holy crap
8 gears, decent brakes(despite lighting the fronts wheels up like a christmas tree). Think that's about it to be honest. Not a tune for me.

Last edited:
Damn, Ridox has taken the "Scare the crap out of ALL drivers" cookie!! I WANTED THAT! :( :lol:

But still, HAH Roj, I'mma faster than you! :lol: :P I did jump into the ITR TC, with the extra 5 clicks of front downforce…and extra power…and less torque…and easier to handle chassis…but still. :lol:

I'm just being obnoxious now, no? :lol: Anyway, thanks for driving my (admittedly botched) ITR without dying, Biffa. 👍

Yahoo! My "T300" stayed within spitting distance of those bloody S2Ks!:gtpflag::crazy::lol:

After the online races we had while tuning cars for this shootout I thought it had a chance to at least keep things close. Looking good so far.:D

Thanks Biffa for the test and very nice time there.👍👍
Glad you enjoyed the car.:cheers:

I'm through 11 cars now, was going to wait until finished but realised i'd probably be here all day typing it up!

500pp Spa results so far

Tested using DS3 (pad,rather than stick) and Auto Trans.Cars run for 10 laps each.

OTS_NEWDRIVER2 - Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Time - 2:31:927
Very stable car. Did exactly as I asked most of the time. Seemed to be missing the extra oomph, maybe 5 or 6 mph on the quicker parts of the track compared top the NSX's and S2000's. Excellent brakes.

Thank you for your time testing our cars Sir .👍 and thank you for your lap time and DC .
I know this car is slow that because of the extra 200kg put on it to be 500PP and it big number but it still drive very well ;).
AND I'm happy that you like it .

Oh, no, what I feared has come into reality :( It was tested by a friend who also uses DS3 2:31 to 2:30 range, and he said the car handles great -it was still early tune with the big high RPM Turbo that was harder to tame, his feedback made me change to Mid range Turbo instead for better traction and driveability. ...I hope other testers would be able to tap into the car's potential.

It needs aggressive trail braking and delicate throttle on exits, the car was tuned to hang into thin balance of understeer on exits and oversteer on corner entry, find the balance, the car can be pushed hard and capitalize it to the driver's advantage. It will give serious fight in lap times.

First tun, La Source, trail brake needed here, hug the apex for better exit speed. Brake too early or understeer on exit will cause lots of time lost. For Eau Rouge, a slight lift off is all that it needs, it can be taken at over 210 km/h. For the Les Combes, in a such powerful FF car, trail braking is absolute must, entry speed is around 120 km/h, keep left in mid section, throttle modulation is a must, exiting the right hander at over 140 km/h, then a late trail braking into the right tight turn Bruxelles, maintain close to 100km/h here, going straight for a few moments before lifting off for left before Pouhon. Trail brake to around 160 km/h to enter the 1st apex close to the left, then goes wide to the mid apex on the right edge, then full throttle to exits at close to 200 km/h.

Trail brake hard just after the GT sign above for Campus ( esses ) lift the throttle in middle of the esses to hug the left apex and full throttle to exit which leads to Stavelot. This one is tricky, reaching over 160km/h then a slight tap on the brakes and swing the car into the inside, should be at least 110 km/h at close to the rumble strip, then on to the another right, the car should be able to hit over 160km/h on exit, a slight lift off might be necessary just before hitting the apex, then full on for Courbe Paul Frere.

The fast left here is crucial, the Blanchimont, take it from the right, a lift off should be enough, hitting the apex at 210+ km/h, then onto the bus stop Chicane, brake just after GT sign above, keep to the right when in the middle of the chicane ( follow the darkened part of the track surface ) to get better exit speed and traction.

I know these might not be very helpful, but I hope testers could get rough idea of how I drive the Civic when tuning and testing it :D

Last edited:
Onboy, to be honest, I've no idea why yours was quicker. It'll be interesting to see what the wheel users, or even stick users, can do with them. Like I said, not really suited to a button masher!

Cheers XDesperado67, sometimes car and driver click, I think this was the case here.

Will test Praino's shortly.

Ridox, I think my main problem is my driving style. When I come across a car that doesn't suit, I do struggle. Been driving like I do for quite a while now, and like all habits, it's hard to break. Think this is probably why i've not taken to the DFGT either.

Last edited:
Onboy, to be honest, I've no idea why yours was quicker. It'll be interesting to see what the wheel users, or even stick users, can do with them. Like I said, not really suited to a button masher!

I'm a button masher myself, so I know that feeling. :lol:

Just waiting on FR's from Krenkme, Cykosis, CSLACR, Praino and Jackthelad.

I'll get on it tonight, it's a bit much to expect my wife to navigate her way through accepting FRs..!! The car should be ready for you by about 6-6:30pm 👍

{Cy}

Ridox, I think my main problem is my driving style. When I come across a car that doesn't suit, I do struggle. Been driving like I do for quite a while now, and like all habits, it's hard to break. Think this is probably why i've not taken to the DFGT either.

Don't worry about it :D, I know that a tune does not always work well with every driver, there are many kinds of driving styles, familiarity with certain type of drivetrain, input methods, and so many other variables. I just wished that testers can enjoy driving my car like I do, no matter what the lap time is.

Onboy123 - Honda Integra RM
Time - 2:29:030
Another very good car. Get your line wrong, and you'll suffer. Get it right, however, and you'll be handsomely rewarded. It also made me realise high powered FF cars are not for button mashers like me!! Lots of time left on track, just couldn't find it.

VTiRoj - Honda Integra RM
Time - 2:29:253
Stable, fast, a little less understeer than the other FF's. Didn't disappoint. Again, plenty of time left on the track that other more able drivers will find.

But still, HAH Roj, I'mma faster than you! :lol: :P I did jump into the ITR TC, with the extra 5 clicks of front downforce…and extra power…and less torque…and easier to handle chassis…but still. :lol:

I'm just being obnoxious now, no? :lol: Anyway, thanks for driving my (admittedly botched) ITR without dying, Biffa. 👍

Well since you used a touring car, you should be ashamed to only be 0.2 seconds faster than my RM. :P Plus I scored higher in drivers choice which means with Hami's scoring system I score higher overall anyway. You may have won a battle, dear boy, but it is me who will win the war. :P

Thanks for testing, biffa! 👍

Well since you used a touring car, you should be ashamed to only be 0.2 seconds faster than my RM. :P Plus I scored higher in drivers choice which means with Hami's scoring system I score higher overall anyway. You may have won a battle, dear boy, but it is me who will win the war. :P

The TC is supposed to be a slower car than the RM, you know? :P

It's one small step for me, but it's a big step towards at least matching you. :P

Results post updated with Onboy's choice of car. I'd copied and pasted from 1st page, oops. Test results also up for Praino's car.

Cheers Cy, no rush. Wanted to finish the 500pp group before changing to Monza. Got a feeling that'll ruin any experience i've got from Spa the last few days. Will hopefully get yours done tomorrow then, depending on how work goes tonight.

The TC is supposed to be a slower car than the RM, you know? :P

It's one small step for me, but it's a big step towards at least matching you. :P

It's supposed to be but when you have a PP cap to abide to, the TC can go a little further than the RM can. :P You have more downforce and more power, which should mean you'd be faster around a track like Spa at least. :P

:P

It's supposed to be but when you have a PP cap to abide to, the TC can go a little further than the RM can. :P You have more downforce and more power, which should mean you'd be faster around a track like Spa at least. :P

:P

Lack of any torque whatsoever (I think it has less torque than the RM and spread out over 2000 more RPM…there's no punch at all :lol:) and the fact that I can't go below 20 on the rear wing cancels that out somewhat though. I'd have preferred to run the car to 20/10 and with more power, since it still pushes with max/min aero settings.

Lack of any torque whatsoever (I think it has less torque than the RM and spread out over 2000 more RPM…there's no punch at all :lol:) and the fact that I can't go below 20 on the rear wing cancels that out somewhat though. I'd have preferred to run the car to 20/10 and with more power, since it still pushes with max/min aero settings.

Ah I thought you could go lower than 20 on the rear. Also yeah you have 25kgfm to my 28 (note to PD, we actually use ft.lb in the UK), but your powerband is far more usable. :lol: I can only assume then that you have me on straights but I have you on corners.

Ah I thought you could go lower than 20 on the rear. Also yeah you have 25kgfm to my 28 (note to PD, we actually use ft.lb in the UK), but your powerband is far more usable. :lol: I can only assume then that you have me on straights but I have you on corners.

I'd say the powerband was usable with the power limiting I've done, but the torque is so low that what really happens in lower gears is the revs scream all the way to 10k, but you don't move since there's no torque to pull it, it seems. :lol:

I'd say the powerband was usable with the power limiting I've done, but the torque is so low that what really happens in lower gears is the revs scream all the way to 10k, but you don't move since there's no torque to pull it, it seems. :lol:

I take that as a positive feature of the car. It means I don't have to care about throttle control. :sly:

:grumpy: :grumpy:

Spa 500pp RH test results

DFGT, manual w/ paddles
All aids off, ABS 1, Grip real

NewDriver2:
DC: 1
Times: 2:31.014
Review:
Exceptional balance and stability under throttle.
This car needs a bumper sticker that says: In Throttle I trust.
Every lap, no joke, I improved my line and time. I only got one red lap and that was due to eau Rogue. By lap 4 I knew my biggest block for this car would be having the coconuts to keep the throttle as planted as I dared. Keep it down and trust in wheel timing and control, instead of throttle steering, to direct the car.
I just wish it was faster. With drafting and a slightly longer 6th gear this car should dominate on the track.
Thank you Ron for DC and Lap time 👍 I try to make this 6th gear longer but I didn't got any deferent on speed and even I try 4 to 5 deferent gear setup to make it faster but I found that this gear is the best .
With draft you can gain more 2sec :29.xxx as I do it with draft online .
I plan to swap this car because of that slow lap time but in the same time I love the way shy take the corner and the faster shift RPM on it .
This car it's fast or maybe it the fastest on NURB @ 550PP .
Any way thank you Sir for the Sticker on the bumper ;) 👍

ND:dopey:

Last edited:
Some testing done, I intend to try to give cars more laps after the first cycle is complete and I've learned stuff. DC in notes so far but holding until I've completed a cycle.

Testing done primarily with G27, MT. Some very quick checks sometimes done with DS3 to check characteristics where the tuner is known to have used a DS3, but complete laps all wheel-based.
I tend to try the limits (mine, anyway) for a bit, which usually results in crashing and burning a lot. Also, if I'm complaining in some way about doing things badly myself (bleeding too much speed, not using all the aero grip) or silly stuff like complaining about the width or speed of the car, don't worry, that's just me talking out loud, not criticizing.

ACSR421 Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Car is well set up for the track. Gears and balance are good, speed is excellent; very good through the Lesmos, and Chicane 2. Took me a little bit to extract the goods through Ascari, partly to do with the low downforce tradeoff, but also very good for Parabolica. Only concerns for me were the torque taking me by surprise out of chicane 1 (not unusual to have to be careful here), and brake/turning chewing the fronts for Parabolica, but a quick test with a DS3 shows me that's a feature; might be able to mitigate it with technique with more time, if necessary, or just tweak the BB in-race. Possibly a problem for longer races with tire wear on, since the heat would be magnified, but likely a necessary tradeoff for the high speed turn-in, especially on DS3; can't really fault it for that in this test environment, anyway, unless it's hurting lap times.
Getting back into this, I was enjoying it right away, and back up to speed very quickly.​
Time: 1:39.646
DC: Outstanding

Motor City Hamilton Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car

Car is the fastest in both acceleration and top speed tested so far. Interesting study in contrast with ACSR's - the throttle is easier to use, but it was for me on balance just a bit harder to extract a fast time from the car - then again, it was a faster time. Part of that was, I admit, due to the car being fast enough that it messed with my braking points, turn 1 especially. Setup wise, I found it harder to use in chicane 1 (turn in fine, track out tricky, but throttle/gears a bit easier) and the Lesmos, but easier in Ascari and Parabolica. It also did not exhibit the same amount of tire squeal under braking, but it was perhaps slightly more scary under brakes but less under power. Might be a better race setup with wear.
Jumping back in, also able to get back up on my ghost very quickly, and saw the tenths possible to beat it by, but was not able to do it without error in the few laps available. This tune is definitely a little safer and slightly less pointy than ACSR's, and possibly a little less "fun", but not to the point it's not chuckable and enjoyable in its own right.
Time: 1:39.370
Only a little left in this for me. Still, might even see a 38 if lightning strikes again, and harder.​

This car does have a nasty habit of being both efficient and fun to drive. Good noise, too.

ugabugaz Zonda LM Race Car

The car is well set up all over the track, with one problem - the throttle is touchy. I like to think I'm getting better at throttle control, but I'm still secretly a throttle masher at heart. I'm losing a bunch of time in the chicane with this currently. Barring throttle complications, the car is good in chicane 2, not bad in the Lesmos (the throttle steering is helping it here when I don't overdo it), very good balance in Ascari, and not bad in Parabolica. One advantage it does have is that the gearbox is very well set up for the track corner profiles - best so far in that regard for me; I'll re-examine the others later. The oil light is on in this car; I assumed this was deliberate (I rebuilt my RX knowing full well it was bad for speed, but wanted better comparisons), and did not trouble myself to check whether it was losing HP during testing.
Getting back in, took a few restarts to find the throttle technique again, but was pretty consistent after that.
Time: 1:40.005. Yes, I beat the last one by exactly .001, after messing up Ascari while being 1-3 tenths up :crazy:
DC: Driveable (would be Outstanding with just a tiny bit less scare on the right boot; it would certainly keep me awake in a long race. Mind you, I've driven the Zonda R around here on R1s at 775bhp for an hour.)

XDesperado67 M3 GTR Race Car

Very safe and easy to use, with the one exception of exiting Ascari. I don't think I've got it right for this car yet. Throttle is pretty easily mashed compared to others, and if anything, the car is a little bit too stable - just a touch (more?) of throttle steering would probably do it good. It accelerates well, but is hurt by the lack of top end speed. Gear set is good, brakes are very good. Would be a good enduro ride if I work out what I'm doing wrong in Ascari; still got some work to do in Chicane 1 on the best lap done so far.
Getting back in, took a few restarts to adjust to push in Parabolica. Found ghost pace again, didn't match it, though; Ascari exit too timid on the lap I was up.
Time: 1:40.783​
DC: Driveable

Onboy123 Camaro LM

Really liked the colour. :sly:
Braking is indeed a bit wild, but effective. Throttle, though, is mild. Found it a bit tricky to balance into Chicane 2 (Roggia) for some reason (probably my style/approach), but otherwise OK. Found it oddly hard to re-adjust to the better corner speed and braking distances available after some of the others, but that's hardly your fault.
Second try, much like the first. Pretty driver-friendly, but I couldn't better the lap time fast enough.

Time: 1:40.860
DC: Driveable

krenkme BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01

Slightly easier to use but slightly slower (top end/accel) than XDesperado's for me. Liked the diff a little more - helped it round a couple of the bends, but suffers slightly due to slower speed. Very, very easy to use, and a very enjoyable drive.
Second outing - no improvement, but I did find out that this car was really, really easy to pick up again. There's a reason I prefer slight oversteer to understeer at Monza; undertsteer tends to kill the fronts, and will at some point dump me into the kitty litter. Or one of the speed signs after Lesmo 1 (splat). Not a danger here, nicely balanced for me.

Time: 1:40.874

Ridox2JZGTE Lexus IS-F RM

Likes going fast. Does not much like turning; that's the tradeoff. Chassis (pre-tuning) tends to understeer, which seems to have been dealt with OK, but the LSD is set for inside tire fire, and BB is apparently calibrated for ABS 0 on a controller I don't have; the high BB renders threshold braking risky for me (with ABS off), lacking pedal range to do it, and even tends to squirm the tires under ABS. Lap times with ABS 1, per rules; but testing between BB 4/2 to 6/4 revealed this (no ABS) is what would probably be necessary to take some corners at speed, at least on a wheel. Only car that really tended to push wide for Parabolica. Suspension setup seemed good, but my style didn't get on with the diff and brakes. Could possibly have stood to flatten the peaky power band a little for more aero, maybe?

Time: 1:42.110 so far.
DC: Holy Crap​

CSLACR Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) '00

No muss, no fuss. Just not enough guts. Nicely set up everywhere - again, having trouble utilizing all the available grip and cornering speed after doing without; brakes very well indeed, and I'm often carelessly dropping speed too much, but I'd certainly get used to it again. Gears and LSD very good. I really like the car, and have used it before at the slightest excuse.
Second go like the first one. Lap looks OK when chasing it, still feels good everywhere.

Time: 1:41.758

C-ZETA GT by Citroen Race Car

Really fast considering the aero level used (all of it). Still surprising amounts of torque; apart from adjusting to the diff, found it pretty easy to use everywhere, with the usual caution in chicane 1. Odd 7th gear also took some getting used to. Also forgot completely quite a few times how wide this thing is; touching grass is bad, m'kay. I think that this car was possibly the outright fastest available (in terms of speed given a hp figure).
Coming back, frustrated myself by dumping 2-3 tenths up 2-3 times in a row. Had to give up; my apologies. For some reason I was uncomfortable into Parabolica, though the real problems were Ascari (mostly) and Lesmo 2.

Time: 1:40.432
Lousy Roggia (chicane 2); Was at least an easy .2-.3 left in this (just didn't get it in time), plus the usual more everywhere for refinement. You know, the kind Johnny has and I don't.
DC: Driveable​

Johnnypenso Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00 #91

Pretty easy to use, and fast to boot. Only real issue I was having with it is getting into the slot (that's what she said) in Ascari. Probably just too tired. Anyway, I did have a slight feeling of being driven in this rather than driving; would indeed be a very solid race setup, but although I do like the car, it doesn't give me a whole lot of room to explore; a little safer than the Fords, but that actually caused me more issues with (what I assume was) my own errors when I couldn't get it back; I'm probably creating some understeer through less deft braking and slip angle use.

Time: 1:39.700
DC: Driveable​

ealirendur RX-7 LM

Coming back to this cold, I can definitely see where the howls of anguish are coming from. But then I start to get used to it again, and the smile I get when it kicks into the chicanes stays on my face. Also, once adjusted, am pretty consistent with this.

Time: 1:40.143. :yuck: Had two tenths off this with a tire over, in a not-particularly fast chicane.

DC: Driveable. On review, need to maximise the car a bit better without losing too much agility.​

Final

Last edited:
Back