Some hidden/reserved GT5 tickets

• Thread starter sorg
  • 1,729 comments
Well for tuning parts would that not require a re design of the user interface in the tuning shop?

That should be easy unless the tuning screen was poorly designed.

However, there is probably next to no hope of seeing any of these things in GT5 until it becomes freeware and people are allowed to mod it freely.

This is not unusual, and it has been the case for past GT games. These hidden items could be unfinished, or "pointless" (from PD's point of view) and thus not enabled or able to be enabled in game. They're not planned update items, nor would they be test items for GT6 (does not make sense). They're simply things GT5 could have had, but probably never will have.

I would gladly pay for premium Bentley Speed 8 and Nissan R92CP race cars.

I would be glad to pay too :)
I've bought all DLC and even 2 versions of GT5. Bought Asian release and realized that European support is better (at least at that time), then bought EU version and then Chrome and Stealth car vouchers. I even bought my first X2010 on eBay because that time getting X2010 by traditional way looked impossible for me :)
Anyway, i had no regrets of all money (double at least) i've paid for GT5.
What was always kicking me to hack GT5 is unfair play from PD side when they release some cars only for specific region. I understand, PD made some intrigues and drama around this, but without given chances it's too cruel for loyal gamers! If all special cars would be available either in PSN Store or through world wide events then i wouldn't bother to hack GT5, actually...

I did read ages ago that they were going to put in brake upgrades, then Kaz decided it wasn't necessary, which I thought unusual as surely all of the previous GTs had better brakes you could buy? But I guess I don't miss it too much personally as I drive most cars stock.

Anyway seems like they left the code in for a bunch of other mods then felt they were over-egging things a bit and didn't hook the code up to make the mods accessible. If we didn't know about it, we wouldn't miss it :)

GTP_CargoRat,
Less you know, better you sleep ;)
Yes, i can load hacked save on non-hacked PS3 and go online with any car i've opened. But there is high risk to be discovered by PD and get a ban. It fully depend on PD. If there will be cheaters online then ban wave will sure follow.
So, from some point of view you are right about online. But only from some.
I don't know where are you getting information, but hacked PS3 can access PSN already around 1.5 month.

Lewis_Hamilton_,
yes, there are additional hidden tweaks:

1) 2 additional engine tunes (5 in total)
2) 2 additional turbo stages (5 in total)
3) Clutch: Triple-Plate
4) Flywheel: Racing
5) AYC Controller
6) Large Diameter Rotors + 4(6,8) Piston Calipers
7) Ceramic Carbon Brakes, Brake Balance Controller
8) Tires:
Every kind has 2 types. Like Comfort Hard (C), Comfort Hard (V).
Also, there is Sport Super Soft and Racing Super Soft tires.
so totally 22 types of tires! 8-O
9) Nitro upgrades ;)
10) Additional power improvements (5%,10%,20%)

This is only list of features. It's not exactly implemented in game.
With so many hidden tunings, it's easy to make GT6 from GT5 already, haha :) Probably, PD is testing some new features already. May be it can be unblocked by some special key file, save, or whatever.

I stand corrected then. Been out of that loop for awhile and seems some things have changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Description about C/V tires:

C:
Super-soft sports tires that can also be used for circuit driving. They have high grip even at low temperatures, but suffer from poor durability. Type C tires are designed with an emphasis on horizontal grip.

V:
Super-soft compound sports tires also suitable for race circuit driving. They boast high levels of grip even at low temperatures, but suffer from poor durability. Type V tires are designed with an emphasis on grip in the inline direction.

Both C and V types are not available. Tires we are using, have no any type. Typically it's 3rd kind ;) May be they are equivalent either to C or V, but all three types are listed separately.
Actually, i've counted wrong. Need to add existing 9 tires to the list. So, totally it becomes 31 of types! hehe :)

Description about C/V tires:

C:
Super-soft sports tires that can also be used for circuit driving. They have high grip even at low temperatures, but suffer from poor durability. Type C tires are designed with an emphasis on horizontal grip.

V:
Super-soft compound sports tires also suitable for race circuit driving. They boast high levels of grip even at low temperatures, but suffer from poor durability. Type V tires are designed with an emphasis on grip in the inline direction.

Both C and V types are not available. Tires we are using, have no any type. Typically it's 3rd kind ;) May be they are equivalent either to C or V, but all three types are listed separately.
Actually, i've counted wrong. Need to add existing 9 tires to the list. So, totally it becomes 31 of types! hehe :)

Do these tires and other tuning parts work when you put them on, maybe compare the effects they have on the speedtest?

Furinkazen
I would much rather PD concentrated on GT6.

Considering it took PD 6 years to come out with GT5 after GT4, it might be a while before we see GT6. However, the first few were only 2 years apart, so there is still hope for a PS4 (Omni?) launch title.

I am in awe... I wonder what else PD is hiding from there faithful GT followers. Hidden Cars & possibly hidden tracks... I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Maybe there's a Porsche GT1 in the game somewhere too! Just kidding...

It'd be interesting to see a premium R92 and Bentley Speed 8. How about changing wheels on race cars? GT4 you could put different wheels on race cars, found that sadly lacking in GT5. I really thought there'd be MORE RM cars, and he said there were plans for FIA GT cars as well. It'd be interesting if you could dig more into that and see just how 'new' (or old) DLC like the Honda HSV SGT is!

Are there any customization setting that were hidden? Relating to Forza 4? Also why weren't porches included?

This is good news. But i am not getting my hopes up in thinking this is coming. I would like to see some of this for myself. I might have to decrypt it too just to see. But it will be a while considering I just got rid of my work computer so I don't have access to my software for work that would allow me to do this stuff.

Are there any customization setting that were hidden? Relating to Forza 4? Also why weren't porches included?

He already listed the modifications that are hidden...

And do you really need to ask about Porsche's? Everyone should know the deal about them by now... :crazy:

Well, i've added Racing SS, SS(C), SS(V) tires to inventory. In game, SS has picture if i look into inventory, but SS(C) and SS(V) don't. But all of them i can put into car. If i go to car settings, i see correct tires, but there is no SS option in the middle where you can switch tires. So, if you switch to standard tires then there is no way to switch back to SS.
You need to keep car with SS ;)

here is the picture showing what i mean:

Later i will try to drive with SS tires. This PS3 has no Steering wheel, but only game pad. I cannot use game pad to drive. Probably i need to sleep first anyway :)

May be i need to try other tuning parts later. At least power related tuning effect should be easily visible.

Crazy stuff. If you could dig more into the DLC - it'd be cool to see when the Honda HSV SuperGT was added, or if it was already in game.

Racing Super Soft, an alien glue tires :D, but seriously Sorg, have you tried the car with racing SS tires, how does it compare to RS tires ?

Well, i've added Racing SS, SS(C), SS(V) tires to inventory. In game, SS has picture if i look into inventory, but SS(C) and SS(V) don't. But all of them i can put into car. If i go to car settings, i see correct tires, but there is no SS option in the middle where you can switch tires. So, if you switch to standard tires then there is no way to switch back to SS.
You need to keep car with SS ;)

here is the picture showing what i mean:

Later i will try to drive with SS tires. This PS3 has no Steering wheel, but only game pad. I cannot use game pad to drive. Probably i need to sleep first anyway :)

May be i need to try other tuning parts later. At least power related tuning effect should be easily visible.

What about the extra engine and turbo parts? can you try those on a car (GT-R) and see if anything happens.

1) 2 additional engine tunes (5 in total)
2) 2 additional turbo stages (5 in total)
3) Clutch: Triple-Plate
4) Flywheel: Racing
5) AYC Controller
6) Large Diameter Rotors + 4(6,8) Piston Calipers
7) Ceramic Carbon Brakes, Brake Balance Controller
8) Tires:
Every kind has 2 types. Like Comfort Hard (C), Comfort Hard (V).
Also, there is Sport Super Soft and Racing Super Soft tires.
so totally 22 types of tires! 8-O
9) Nitro upgrades ;)
10) Additional power improvements (5%,10%,20%)

This is only list of features. It's not exactly implemented in game.
With so many hidden tunings, it's easy to make GT6 from GT5 already, haha :) Probably, PD is testing some new features already. May be it can be unblocked by some special key file, save, or whatever.

The ones in bold are already in the game ;)

But this thread is absolutely awesome :D

What about the extra engine and turbo parts? can you try those on a car (GT-R) and see if anything happens.

Don't forget about the nitrous too!

Would love to see a comparison of normally fully tuned well known cars (GTR, Veyron, Supra etc) that we already have in the game, and one's fitted with the Stage 5 Turbo, Stage 5 Engine mod etc, to see what difference there is, and whether the nitrous works. PD would have to have coded settings for it though, and button assignment for it to work though? Maybe this possible issue could be tweaked by the hacking.

If the other tuning parts do work, Sorg, would you mind giving some HorsePower and top speed figures? Cheers.

Back