Some hidden/reserved GT5 tickets

• Thread starter sorg
  • 1,729 comments
If I'm correct, there were 4 turbo stages in GT4 and a fifth if you took a car to the Tuner Village instead of the normal dealerships tuning shop, but its name was "Original". Was this the case?

I'm surprised that only now, 2 years after release, people are starting to get into the game's code. Awesome thread nonetheless! Keep us posted!

If I'm correct, there were 4 turbo stages in GT4 and a fifth if you took a car to the Tuner Village instead of the normal dealerships tuning shop, but its name was "Original". Was this the case?

Actually Im pretty sure the 4th was the "original" turbo.. Could be wrong.. Might have to fire up the dust coated ps2 and GT4 and have a look...

Some more questions to you Sorg!

What about the credit limit, are you able to raise it or disable it? Can the log in bonus be changed or is that also server limited? Are you able to easily set up lots of chrome paint chip tickets etc? Can you change the price of cars or parts? Are there any hidden featues in GT Auto?

Most interestingly, can you alter the AI opponents in anyway? Such as the cars that appear in some A-spec races, how it calcuates the AI opponents for your car in arcade mode, can they have tuning parts fitted, and can you alter the AI's speed and aggression?

I'm not sure how much code you can understand, decypher or access, but can you see what sort of information comes from the server when we boot up the game? Is it possible that PD quickly install little tweaks like Naughty Dog do with their Uncharted Series?

Are you also able to access any graphic or sound settings? Are you able to adjust the colour or saturation, or the levels in the sound (such as wind, ambience, transmission whine, engine etc)?

Thanks, hope you are able to answer any of these.

Last edited:
With access to these things, would it be possible to create your own paint chips? What I mean is changing the color values of a currently existing one?

I've noticed in programs such as Photoshop, I've seen color values shown as "#fffffff" for example.

Is there a way to make paint have more gloss, like in GT2? I've noticed many different "black" paint chips, but they all differ slightly in overall shine.

Is there a way to see how PD has saved standard car textures? Is there a way examine the decals of a premium race-car? So many unanswered questions now! Awesome thread.

If you're able to manipulate save game files can you do the same for replay data? The Japanese and Korean versions of GT4 Prologue allowed us to get a glimpse at then unannounced tracks such as Chamonix, George V, Opera Paris, Las Vegas, SSR5 (Wet) and more.

The G-T.com website makes reference to the Super Soft Tyres and has past track logos as well, I'm curious if any of the tracks are able to be loaded with modified replays?

Have you had a chance to look for any hidden helmet and suit items?

EDIT: I'm also wondering if you have a CFW PS3 and Charles Proxy, that you could capture and read the HTTPS server requests from PD such as Seasonal/OCD updates, modify them and make custom Seasonal Events at any track.

Last edited:
Actually Im pretty sure the 4th was the "original" turbo.. Could be wrong.. Might have to fire up the dust coated ps2 and GT4 and have a look...
I would fire my game up, but my Mom gave away my PS2.:ouch:

I have Charles Proxy. Couple years ago it was working fine. I've tried it again several days ago, but failed. Setting proxy with SSL is a little bit tricky. At includes certificate replacement on PS3 side, to make it accept certificate of proxy. And certificate should be altered not only in PS3 OS, but also in EBOOT.BIN of GT5 because it also uses SSL to connect PD server. Still, cannot make it work...
I'm not interesting in helmets and suits. Actually, i don't see it except my avatar and drivers page. For me, existing variation is more than enough to choose.

Colors:
i can't decrypt all files. Colors is not coded the way you mentioned. It's coded as index from some database/list which i cannot access yet. So, i cannot modify characteristics of colors.
But i can add any paint chip into my inventory. Also i can fix color list problem where colors with the same name and manufacturer displayed several times making chaos. It's because paints gifted by another user and gifted as a prize/from car treated by GT5 differently. Paints gifted by user also has problem in hue sorting. So, i'm able to fix these problems.

Lewis_Hamilton_, oh, so many questions..
I can change amount of credit i own to any value, let's say 200mil. I didn't explore the limit. Since amount of credit is easily visible online, i prefer not to alter it without a big reason. I cannot chage price of cars and items yet, but it's not important since you can get any car/item without price altering. I cannot alter graphic/sound yet.

AI:
There are predefined AI drivers for B-Spec. Each AI driver has predefined characteristics like stamina, mentality, brake/acceleration ability and so on. I don't know if this also used for A-Spec or not.

Can u find a date of addition for dlc cars like the hsv or see if its always been? That might show if the content has been in game for longer than offered for download. Like the example of standards to premium in the xjr9.

Can you also exceed the garage limit, say from 2000 to 6000 and enable all cars? in 0/0/0 condition?

That would be collectors heaven :)

I long for the days of PS1 & Action Replay, would be so easy to freeze the game, access the in-game memory through comms link and fiddle with it to produce results like this. :(

I long for the days of PS1 & Action Replay, would be so easy to freeze the game, access the in-game memory through comms link and fiddle with it to produce results like this. :(

The goooood old days!!!
Back in the day I was creative enough to make game-trainers for PC.
For money, items, unlimited life etc....
But haven't been busy with that after the Feds tried to hunt me down and arrested many of my friends :)

Is there a color named "no such color"
Its some sort of Matte Black, only available when I was backing up versions at a point were the (DLC) color didn't exist at that time. Like GT Fluo # color would appears "no such color" at version 1.03.
I'd be really interested at getting one of these "no such color" if theres any, even if I know the color could reveal itself on a furure version.

This thread... While I don't endorse hacking, the way sorg has choose to use it is more than fine by me! A responsible and clever hacker out to explore instead of exploit and willing to share interestinginformation is definitely my kind of hacker!

Hat's off to you, good sir! 👍

I was a tester on GT5 and I can confirm that some of the early builds before launch included the brakes tuning section in the tuning shop.

Some of the other stuff I can't confirm was in the game, but the brakes bit definitely was and I always found it a bit baffling why they took it out. There were probably issues or bugs to do with it or it didn't quite fit into how they were modelling the PP system or something. Unfortunately I wasn't on the project from the start so I'm not really sure why.

I also tested most of the license tests and special events when they were going through balance fixes. Tests like IC-10 for example used to be completely impossible!