GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
I was currious about my personal history stats that you look at when you pick my name on the Results board. For this weeks historical results, "Taming the Beast" it shows that I am in 11th overall and not some indication of 10th or event a tie. I don't know where else to bring this up so I hope this is the correct place...... Thankzzzz

I was currious about my personal history stats that you look at when you pick my name on the Results board. For this weeks historical results, "Taming the Beast" it shows that I am in 11th overall and not some indication of 10th or event a tie. I don't know where else to bring this up so I hope this is the correct place...... Thankzzzz

Not quite sure how the board decides to sort ties, but regardless, it's not truly "official", one way or the other.

I'm guessing it grabs the division and then goes from there.

Ties are so incredibly uncommon that I'm not sure it would be worth the effort required for him to write new code and try to account for them.

EDK
Not quite sure how the board decides to sort ties, but regardless, it's not truly "official", one way or the other.

I'm guessing it grabs the division and then goes from there.

Ties are so incredibly uncommon that I'm not sure it would be worth the effort required for him to write new code and try to account for them.

I had a tie a few weeks ago and it put me on top despite a lower division. I thought maybe it was alphabetical but that's not it either. Could it go by whoever submitted their time first?

I had a tie a few weeks ago and it put me on top despite a lower division. I thought maybe it was alphabetical but that's not it either. Could it go by whoever submitted their time first?

Yes, that is how it's currently implemented.

We've not had this before so there is no logic to handle this properly yet.

It would be better if both were just place 10 in Lefty's case.

Brinomial

Very off topic but this happen in F1 a few years ago 1997 where 3 people got exactly the same pole lap. In that case they gave the pole lap to whoever posted it first, so the system is pretty much spot on. Even GT5 does it that way, I've posted some identical times when doing the TTs and it put it in the order the laps were taken. It's hard to have people tied on the board in my opinion after all you can't really have 3 people starting from pole.

I can understand the first in tie breaker but since there is a divisional difference in skill it's a shame that the underdog can't be takin into consideration. When your talking equil skill sets or division equality as in F1 or the open entry of GTA the only way to seperate capibility let alone ones ability to hit a time that is later tied by someone of equil skills would be correct for a first in tie breaker. Whatever course these things take is ok w/ me since I an greatful to partisapate in such a fun program. Thanks for your time :)

Looks like Fetchy is not picking up splits from Worst_Driver and CargoRat.

Looks like Fetchy is not picking up splits from Worst_Driver and CargoRat.

That would be because they changed their user names, which is part of what fetchy picks up from the registry.

Just fixed it, and synched everything up. They are on the board now.

im assuming this has been asked already just wondering if you guys had a quick answer instead of trawling through 94 results thread, whats the best results (handicap in an event) achieved by someone from each division? the best i can find full stop is a 0.5 something from DHolland, any help?

im assuming this has been asked already just wondering if you guys had a quick answer instead of trawling through 94 results thread, whats the best results (handicap in an event) achieved by someone from each division? the best i can find full stop is a 0.5 something from DHolland, any help?
Best of D1: Link
Best of D2: Link

0.075 is obviously a bit of a fluke but it counts and certainly helped me towards my promotion. Handicap times can be skewed a bit on a short track.

It wouldn't surprise me if GTP_Litchi has got the best handicap for someone from D3 but I'm not putting my money on that. The best handicaps from lower divisions come from drivers who don't belong in that division.

Maybe add the total amount of players (edit, in the registry) here somewhere?

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/divisions/

Just an idea that came to mind as I was interested about the answer and no easy way to find it?
Late but:

On that page hit F3 and search for "GTP_". Substract 1 from that number and you'll have the answer (as there's also "GTP_WRS" listed at the bottom of the page).

Last edited:
i figured that as much, thats rather phenomenal, i have my work cut out :D wonder what would happen if you for example got less than 0.0? division -1? :sly:

I don't really understand what you mean?

Are you talking about the best handicap score ever? (per div) Or the biggest diff in times from the 1st to the second (per div)?

Ah, the handicaps are not registered on the leaderboard, they are only calculated/posted in the forums.

So I guess the only was is to check all the threads unfortunately.

Fetchy picked up the wrong year for the week 98 deadline. I manually overrode it on the board, and also updated it in the thread, but splits are still not being grabbed for week 98, even if I force a fetch manually.

Very strange. There seems to be a problem with the webserver, but only with the php files, static images are still being served ok.

I've contacted Jordan as I don't have the permissions on the server to fix this.

I know it's not a big issue, but for about a week now, the leaderboard has looked like this on my browser. I've cleared cache after I noticed it and it remained that way. Something in Chrome must have triggered the offset.

ldrbrd1_zps5404fd77.jpg

Back