Forza 4 vs GT5 physics (read the first post before contributing)

Which game do you find has superior physics?

• Gran Turismo 5

Votes: 1,142 80.5%
  • Forza 4

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • They are equal

Votes: 110 7.8%

• Total voters
Basically you've come into the thread and shouted that FM4's physics suck and that's about it.

Serious now? What the hell is going on with the World...

I feel like i'm in the Prison!

I SAID IT SUCKS BECAUSE THATS MY OPINION! And im free to tell my Opinion, and i wrote other things too, so dont say its about it.

and about the roll over, that video you show, the Turn is much sharper than the Video i was showing.

and yes, it happends 1 in 300 Times, in Forza it happens 1 / 10 Times if you drive over that White/Red thing, dont know how to spell, and sorry about my English.

MAidioPT

I SAID IT SUCKS BECAUSE THATS MY OPINION!! And im free to tell my Opinion, and i wrote other things too.

and about the roll over, that video you show, the Turn is much sharper than the Video i was showing.

Ok you said it sucks.

Care to elaborate on that?

I SAID IT SUCKS BECAUSE THATS MY OPINION! And im free to tell my Opinion, and i wrote other things too, so dont say its about it.

and yes, it happends 1 in 300 Times, in Forza it happens 1 / 10 Times if you drive over that White/Red thing, dont know how to spell, and sorry about my English.

You're telling others to take it easy, yet you're over reacting.

No one said you can't express your opinion. We just would like to know why you have that opinion, one I disagree with as well.

Did you read the first post before you commented in this thread? If you did you would know that we expect a reasoned discussion, not inflammatory opinion posted as fact.

It also doesn't happen 1 in 10 times in FM4 at all, I can count the number of times its happened to me over hundreds of hours on my hands. Now if you were talking FM3 that might be the case, but we are not.

Oh and your spelling and English is fine, its your attitude that could do with a little work.

You're telling others to take it easy, yet you're over reacting.

No one said you can't express your opinion. We just would like to know why you have that opinion, one I disagree with as well.

Oh , then i am Sorry

Me and the Scaff are talking about the Physics, i said it sucks, because last time i played FM4 with a Fanatec Gt2 at my brothers House was not like i was thinking it was. perhaps i cant describe better why.... but i play gt5 with g27 and for me its much more accurate than playing fm4 with gt2.

Did you read the first post before you commented in this thread? If you did you would know that we expect a reasoned discussion, not inflammatory opinion posted as fact.

It also doesn't happen 1 in 10 times in FM4 at all, I can count the number of times its happened to me over hundreds of hours on my hands. Now if you were talking FM3 that might be the case, but we are not.

Oh and your spelling and English is fine, its your attitude that could do with a little work.

why you say my attitude is wrong?

now your attitude is wrong by saying my attitude is wrong.

because it can be dificult to see the attitude of a human by the Text he has writen

Last edited by a moderator:
MAidioPT
Oh , then i am Sorry

Me and the Scaff are talking about the Physics, i said it sucks, because last time i played FM4 with a Fanatec Gt2 at my brothers House was not like i was thinking off. perhaps i cant describe better why.... but i play gt5 with g27 and for me its much more accurate than playing fm4 with gt2.

You could start with what you saw in both games regarding how the cars behaved?

Like starting off, cornering or braking?

There are plenty of ways of discussing.

Oh , then i am Sorry

Me and the Scaff are talking about the Physics, i said it sucks, because last time i played FM4 with a Fanatec Gt2 at my brothers House was not like i was thinking it was. perhaps i cant describe better why.... but i play gt5 with g27 and for me its much more accurate than playing fm4 with gt2.

If it sucks and you feel the need to share that with others you are going to need to actually think about how you are going to explain that. Otherwise its a comment that is going to do nothing to further this discussion and simply make its seem as if you have little to no actual experience of FM4.

For example the issues I have with both are:

GT5 Physics Issues

• Tyre and suspension modelling very, very basic
  • Lateral g managed by a simple increment factor when changing tyres
  • Absence of any torque effect to front or rear wheels from a standing start (possible issues with suspension and tyre model)
  • Suspension tuning counter to real world logic
  • Lift off oversteer almost non-existent

FM4 Physics Issues

• Lift off oversteer not correctly modeled in terms of severity (in particular for short wheelbase models
  • Stability issues with braking need considerable work
  • Lateral Inertia on countersteer too light (makes correction a little to easy)
  • Grip levels off for some cars
  • Track temp does not have a significant enough effect on the tyre/track Mu value
  • Suspension modelling still needs work

why you say my attitude is wrong?

now your attitude is wrong by saying my attitude is wrong.

because it can be dificult to see the attitude of a human by the Text he has writen

Do not even go down this route.

The only people who will decide on who has a poor attitude are the staff, and should we feel its needed we will take action in regard to it.

Do not continue this part of the discussion unless you would like a two day holiday (this applied to all members).

i dont even want to start a fight, i just normaly said what i think about the Forza, i said it has awesome sound etc, but that SUCKS word was like a EXPLOSION lol

i dont want to be rude, i am a nice guy, i have respect for others. dont understand me wrong.

i dont even want to start a fight, i just normaly said what i think about the Forza, i said it has awesome sound etc, but that SUCKS word was like a EXPLOSION lol

i dont want to be rude, i am a nice guy, i have respect for others. dont understand me wrong.

Because without an explanation as what leads you to that conclusion its simply flame-bait (as it would be if someone said the same about GT5).

So rather than simply repeating the same thing could you know actually explain what has lead you to that conclusion (using the real world as a benchmark), you know as the very first post in this thread requires you to do).

Because without an explanation as what leads you to that conclusion its simply flame-bait (as it would be if someone said the same about GT5).

So rather than simply repeating the same thing could you know actually explain what has lead you to that conclusion (using the real world as a benchmark), you know as the very first post in this thread requires you to do).

Yes , i should have readed it.

Now this happened only because i could not explain that for me it sucks ( sucks = i dont like it )

You also said that perhaps i didnt play or doesnt have actual expirience of fm4, and i was talking about fm3 ...

now im thinking, nice i was last week playing fm4, and a Human in the Internet just said i didnt play fm4, or are you stalking me?..

for me thats not ok...

going to forget this, and from now, its a new day

Yes , i should have readed it.

Now this happened only because i could not explain that for me it sucks ( sucks = i dont like it )
Which is exactly why we have that information on the first post and why the thread title clearly states that you have to read the first post before contributing.

You also said that perhaps i didnt play or doesnt have actual expirience of fm4, and i was talking about fm3 ...

now im thinking, nice i was last week playing fm4, and a Human in the Internet just said i didnt play fm4, or are you stalking me?..
No what I said was that it came across as if that was the case.

I did not specifically state that you haven't played FM4, simply that the manner in which you were posting gave that impression.

Scaff
.....simply make its seem as if you have little to no actual experience of FM4.

for me thats not ok...

going to forget this, and from now, its a new day
Good job that I didn't say it then.

yes I bought forza4, and bought a couple of months Fanatec GT2 CSR-E pedals. First I played the joystick, and do not count them for stupidity, but IMHO drive a car in fm4 in full realism on the joystick, there is a richer experience for the driver than the car driving in gt5 the steering wheel DFGT.
Generally in fm4 have two physical regime, two physics engine. normal physics (designed for a joystick. physics and simulation (for the steering wheel, and it is written in the description)

I prefer the simulation mode, even for a joystick, but it is associated with limitations. You can realistically drive a car, but if you make a drift, and too sharp steering Stick joystick, it will be a gross interference in driving games.
Therefore it is necessary to drive safely, but in a time trial, it's easy. But in the race to avoid sudden steering and wheel slip is not possible, therefore, driving becomes an absurdity. and perhaps why many abused physics fm4 the joystick.

Then I got a Fanatec and I got the opportunity, full driving. And I like it. It is much more difficult than in the joystick and it seems to me much more difficult than driving on the Fanatec in gt5.True, I sold the PS3 this summer and did not have time to assess the patch, modernized suspension physics, in November 2012. in gt5.1.5 years but I went to gt5 and I did not like the suspension,
I did not like places without deformation of the tire, and something else from the gt5 physics.Driving in fm4 resembles Enthusia, suspension, roll, moving weight of the car in the corners and under braking. But in Enthusia did not feel tire, and in fm4 it is.

In terms of feedback, we all know that the xbox and PS3 uses a different communication protocol XID vs HID. So the xbox is not compatible with the G27 and there are problems with the power and precision of feedback.

I played GTR Evolution, Iracing 2008, LFS, and GT5 on moymu Fanatec GT2 and the WCC in these games feedback clearer, stronger, and wheel cleaner effort than in fm4. In fm4 feedback bit tight, and the beats on the steering wheel, the smoother.In this sense, the PC and PS3 games any better games for XBOX and fm4. But this is not a problem, and it just takes some getting usedAnd

I think that FF is not physics games, physics - this is how the car rides realistically how the suspension, tires, center of gravity, what is the force of inertia.And in this respect fm4 best gt5, gt5 way very much like physics GTR Evo and it is somewhat outdated

Also, most players prefer just totally tuning cars, with a full upgrade and high technical rating.And these cars are usually quite unlike the behavior on a normal car, and the physics of them is special.

For example there was a link to BMW flips, but I see that the BMW modernization, with 300-400 class to class 500-600. For this BMW is greatly reduced weight, and etc.. Therefore the present discontent, this car is not right. This car is not in the real world.In my video you can see the difference between stock car rolling over and completely modified
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N7OTzeOFNw

Last edited:
But for me, in the simulator, are not of great value, modified cars for online races. Important for me to drive on the road as a stock, not an upgrade cars. I'm probably the only person in the world who does not love to pass a career in the game and just ride on every car on the Nordschleife.

The day I go to 1 to 3 cars from the list, in alphabetical order. I test cars and record impressions and gt5 disappointed me. Certainly in gt5 cars have a difference in behavior, but it is too superficial no depth of character.

And even in such fm4 and gt5 have similarities. Such as McLaren F1, M5 e60 go like in both games, McLaren complicated, prone to drift, the M5 is going fine, but a little strict and unemotionally.But in gt5 is only a mask, and it fm4 harrakter which you can write for hours, multifaceted and complex,

I enjoy it in fm4 primary role is played by physics, and what turn10 did a lot of work for such a small detail, which is noticeable only little people. After all, most love to completely upgrade the car, a car with worn personality

To make it clear what I mean, I'll put in my text copied from the forum Forza:

Hi guys. I want to talk about his unusual experience.I enjoy fm4, and I admire that driving feel and driving experience that gives this game.

The fact that each of the 700 vehicles has its own individual characteristics driving. And it is in different games, but in forza4 unlike other racing games are not just superficial, formal differences, it is very deep, intelligent features of the behavior of each car, the subtle nuances and quality.

I understand that 90% of players will not even notice it, playing fm4. And it's very sad, because I am feeling that turn10 huge work modeling behavior of each car. And the behavior of each car in the game is so similar to the real cars of this brand and model it is incredibly surprising and fascinating.

So I decided to test every car on the steering wheel, Fanatec GT2 and record impressions of each car. And also stand as subjectively assess controllability of each car. on 10-point scaleThis is a big, long job, but a very interesting and enjoyable.I've already tested some 400 cars and each make a video, and I do text.Unfortunately this is in Russian, but with an automatic translator you may be able to understand the text and the main ideas.

I hope I do not break the forum rules if you give a link to my test http://www.autowp.ru/forums/topic/topic/topic_id/2746/page/2

The text of many of untranslatable words and concepts, so if you can not understand, I can explain more simply.

Forza4 is the best at the moment simulator road cars. Let Physics slightly behind such games as Iracing, but fm4 incredible detail to convey the character of cars, it is 100% equal to reality.

And to know the character of the car - this is a very interesting and enjoyable.I do it on Nordschleife and I learn a lot about each car information, his behaviors, his strengths and weaknesses, and most importantly I feel a soul in the car.The way it was designed in real life, for example give the BMW driving pleasure

thanks to the game I know that Audi - a car for people over 45 years, Mercedes goes solid, but not very sporting. Since the late 2000s, AMG changed the concept, and if the old C32 AMG is managed as a solid car like Audi, the new E63 AMG C63 AMG is very close to the BMW M3 and M5. Angry and sports.

I know that the E39 M5-the heady and British driver has a soul.M5 E60 - angry, very race, but dry and not emotional, as Nissan GT-R. M5 F10 - A comfortable and quiet.Or like that Lexus LFA fast but stingy with emotions, it is too correct and boring without blemish

Thanks fm4 I know that Lancia Delta Integrale Evo rides like a ship, her soft suspension and a complex, dangerous behavior. I can tell you about any car, and amazes me, is that when I open the automotive press it says the same thing that I am feeling in the game!

I finally killed, the case with BMW M3 E30.Everyone knows that it is cool, everyone thinks it's cool handling. But when I tested it, I was disappointed, she rides boring, strictly, and colorless. After all, she is a legend!And I thought that turn10 wrong with modeling behavior m3 E30.But I was terribly surprised to read in a couple of months, a report of the journalist, the great test drive at the Nurburgring in celebration of M gmbh. It tested the BMW M and the journalist was also surprised and disappointed that the M3 E30 in reality goes too uninteresting and boring.

A year ago, I did not have a steering wheel and I did a test drive on the joystick, and the results were good, but with the steering wheel you get 60% more information about the car.As well as some of the cars on the steering wheel feelings differently, and some got a good grade on the joystick, but bad on the steering wheel.

Forza 4 is excellent!

and yes, it happends 1 in 300 Times, in Forza it happens 1 / 10 Times if you drive over that White/Red thing

I've never had it happen in Forza 4. Not a single time. And I have a lot more than two digits in my total number of races.

You needto use a wheel set it on sim mode G25 is best. Havent played forza 4 with wheel so not able to compare directly. GT5 with wheel much harder and real than Forza. If only GT had Forzas engine sounds.

The whole wheel vs stick thing is ridiculous. If you hooked up a real car to a controller (and you could) would it be any less realistic?

I've never had it happen in Forza 4. Not a single time. And I have a lot more than two digits in my total number of races.

The whole wheel vs stick thing is ridiculous. If you hooked up a real car to a controller (and you could) would it be any less realistic?

I think I can immediately determine how serious the physics in the game, even with the stick. This is evident by the softness of the suspension, inertia, and so on.
But really realistic physics can not work with a joystick without hidden help and protection from inept actions of the user. I played Race on to X360 using a joystick and there was no hidden help. And it was horribly difficult, it was impossible to avoid skidding and crashes

Well yes. The car might behave the roughly the same, but you are not performing the act commonly known as driving. You are operating a motor vehicle, but not "driving" as we know it.

Think about it like this, if you played golf, but rather than hit the ball off the tee with the club, as is conventional, you taped the club to your leg and then kicked the ball off the tee. Yes, a club is hitting a ball off of a tee with the goal of going into the hole, but you aren't really golfing are you? The techniques, skills, strategies, etc. are different. Not really comparable.

Because I personally think the cars in GT5 feel more real than those in Forza (cars in forza feel to ungrippy and weird).

sparkytooth
Because I personally think the cars in GT5 feel more real than those in Forza (cars in forza feel to ungrippy and weird).

I assume this is with a wheel? If so, just curious, how much seat time do you have with FM4?

Not much but what I've seen I don't quite hold the physics high on my physics chart:

1.PC Sims
2.GT5
3.Forza.
4.Any other generic racing game.

Well yes. The car might behave the roughly the same, but you are not performing the act commonly known as driving. You are operating a motor vehicle, but not "driving" as we know it.

Think about it like this, if you played golf, but rather than hit the ball off the tee with the club, as is conventional, you taped the club to your leg and then kicked the ball off the tee. Yes, a club is hitting a ball off of a tee with the goal of going into the hole, but you aren't really golfing are you? The techniques, skills, strategies, etc. are different. Not really comparable.

Driving with a controller is certainly driving. Grip circle, apex, etc, all apply.

The point I was making was that the controller doesn't change the physics. The game that is more accurate with controllers is the one that's more accurate. And yes this includes the slight "aids" built into the controllers in each game. They don't make a huge difference.

Weird how?

Both GT5 and Forza 4 are fairly realistic. They just have strong points and weak points in different areas. Overall F4 is a more polished game with WAY better sound and WAY better tire feel. The problem with Forza 4 is the track feel NOT the car physics. GT5 has the nuances and feel of the tracks down pat where they seem a little too perfect in F4.

These usually don't end well i haven't played forza. (since i don't have a 360).
So i can't judge i'll just say equal.

RESHIRAM5
Especially since if i get a 360 i'll buy forza. Just like gt5 was the reason i have a ps3.

Hi mate.

You will find this thread is free of flaming and contains great discussions on this.

Also just some advice double posts are generally frowned upon you can edit your post to add more.

Also you should try Forza its good to have a view from both games.

RESHIRAM5
K thanx for the heads up :) i just saw a video like this and it was a crazy war

I like both GT5 and Forza even though I think Forza has the better physics.

I can recommend both though. Try both then you should have solid ground to mount your own comparison. :)

Both GT5 and Forza 4 are fairly realistic. They just have strong points and weak points in different areas. Overall F4 is a more polished game with WAY better sound and WAY better tire feel. The problem with Forza 4 is the track feel NOT the car physics. GT5 has the nuances and feel of the tracks down pat where they seem a little too perfect in F4.

NOT the car physics. ? and what if physics? motorcycle? or a boat?)

The fact that the physics of cars in fm4 correct and true, confirms that it is very similar Enthusia and LFS, Iracing. there is almost no difference.
This indicates that they are close to the ideal level for autosimulator current technology.

But in PC simulators mostly race cars, no traffic, and they go a little differently.

GT5 physics is very much like GTR Evolution, and I do not think it's 100% real.

Besides, you are not going to argue that before the patch suspension in November 2012, gt5 suspension was terrible ?

Dan Greenawalt during the presentation fm4 asked, "How do you simulate the bumps and bumps on the road?" He said that they do so based on the experiences of real drivers and so on.But he stressed that if you have a bad game suspension in the game, you have to make these bumps exaggerated.Because bad MODELING suspension will not even notice irregularities realistic size.

And I'm sure he was referring to GT5, and in FM2 FM3 suspension was in gt5

He also said that they have done a great fm4 progress modeling suspension and now even small irregularities visible to the player.

My subjectively rating physics using Fanatec gt2
1 of 10 -nfs shift
3 of 10 Forza 3
3 of 10 Horizon
3/5-4 of 10 - GTR Evolution
3/5-4 of 10 - Gran turismo 5
6/5 of 10 Enthusia
8 of 10 -Forza4
8.5 -9 of 10 Live for speed
10 of 10 Iracing 2008

Last edited:
Back